Author Topic: Happy 18th, Jacob L.S.P.  (Read 3949 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Happy 18th, Jacob L.S.P.
« on: September 9, 2015, 08:51:31 am »
Your father is meant to be your hero, your mentor, your protector, the fella you look up to for advice, wisdom, leadership, discipline, friendship.

In those few years I knew you, I was (and gave) none of these and that will shame me until the day I die.

You were born in the early hours of Sept 9th, 1997. Typically of me at the time, I missed it, cos I was working, with some misguided notion that that was more important, as it contributed to a future that, through bitter irony, never even arrived.

I missed your first words, I missed your first steps, I missed your first everything. I even missed the day I lost you.

Had I known at the time, on that day we played in the park, that it would be the last, I would have held on to you forever, however futile and naive such a gesture would have been.

I did arrive the day after you were born and the photo of me holding on to you then is the most treasured picture I have. But it's always been too late for such sentiment. All I have left are memories, some pictures and a fuckton of guilt and shame.

I should have been there for you. I should have fought harder for you. I should have been a bigger man. I should have been a LOT better, kinder, understanding to your mum.

I should have been a FATHER!

Today I should have been there with you, maybe buying your first legal drink and embarrassing you in our local with sentimental guff, maybe putting a pic of you by the roadside, all gummy with milk around yer gob, a couple of months old, you know the type, with HAPPY 18TH JAKEY! on it, as close to the school as possible to maximise embarrassment to yer mates - maybe yer girlfriend (or boyfriend, it really wouldn't have mattered to me) would gently tease you about it and you'd give me some banter in the pub........

.........but that's not possible is it? Would it ever have been? Who knows? Could I have changed history? Could "things have been different/better"? I don't know.

But I never even tried - I thought I was doing the "right thing" by you - I thought I was being "clever" - and I don't know how to say sorry for that, for everything, for all my failings. I can only put it out there and hope against hope you receive the message somehow through some cosmic miracle or intervention.

I never had another child. I couldn't. Not after this. You were the first and last, Jake.

Happy 18th my little man.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Happy 18th, Jacob L.S.P.
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2015, 05:50:11 pm »
Had some interesting responses to this - thanks for the PMs, very much appreciated on a hard day.......

Someone suggested I actually open this for comments that others might wish to share about their own situations - and I agree - I feel selfish now cos like it's not all about ME!!! Others might want to talk about their situations.

So if anyone else has had difficulties with fatherhood or any other situation related to the OP that they want to share, please feel free. It's good to talk.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 9, 2015, 06:06:30 pm »
I read this first thing this morning and at the start of the post I thought the worst and that Jacob was no longer with us. Obviously, and thankfully, that's not the case. I hope you's reconcile some day in the future mate. I couldn't bear the thoughts of ever being without my lad.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3 on: September 9, 2015, 06:21:31 pm »
Hope you are doing OK Jim. Be strong mate.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 9, 2015, 06:40:35 pm »
Thinking of you Jim mate.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 9, 2015, 06:40:49 pm »
It must be difficult Jim. Hope one day you get to see him.

I split with my ex when I had young kids and although I've always kept in touch and seen them fairly regularly, it was always difficult, particularly when they were young. I missed them terribly when they weren't with me.
Mine are all over 18 now (apart from my youngest son through current partner). Oddly (or not) its my 18 year old daughter who is the most estranged from me. We just never bonded and I think it's because she was very young when me and the ex split (all my fault).

That probably doesn't help and I don't know the circumstances, but there may come a time when he looks for you.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 9, 2015, 06:44:38 pm »
I echo this as well.  :)

Hope you are doing OK Jim. Be strong mate.

And I don't really like to get too personal on here but my old man and grandad have barely spoken to one another in 14 years.  My ma and gran have tried for years to sort the shite out but it just causes more aggro. Then my dad get's pissed at ma for butting in...yeah viscous cycle.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2015, 06:59:11 pm by Samie »

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 9, 2015, 11:01:03 pm »
First of all, I apologize for breaking up your post, but

I feel selfish now cos like it's not all about ME!!! Others might want to talk about their situations.

I can't speak for others, but I have and would have no problems whatsoever, given the OP, that this is your thread.

I fully see your point - and I do agree. You're a good'un Jim. But if need be, this should be all yours and ours to look after.

As with all threads like it.

Thoughts with you and yours.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 12:33:18 am »
Man I read that and thought your son had passed away when he was a bairn.

Still, wishing you all the best of course jim mate. One day it'll get through if you keep on plugging away.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 9, 2018, 09:31:34 pm »
Happy 21st son. One day, somehow I'll explain all...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10 on: September 9, 2018, 09:45:05 pm »
Keep believing Jim, hope you are okay.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 9, 2018, 09:54:39 pm »
I hope you're doing OK, best of wishes to you.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #12 on: September 9, 2018, 10:19:35 pm »
X
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 9, 2018, 10:20:33 pm »
Chin up Jim. It's not to late to search for him and try to build a relationship.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14 on: September 9, 2018, 10:23:04 pm »
Oh Jim, I’d not read this before.  It’s heart breaking

I don’t have the words to help, but know at least that we are all thinking of you. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #15 on: September 9, 2018, 11:05:39 pm »
Happy 21st son. One day, somehow I'll explain all...

Fuckin' ell mate I've never seen this thread before .

Here's me with my head twatted about the situation with Fleur and you've supported me in kind words and all along you've had this going on.

What a Diamond you are.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 9, 2018, 11:42:37 pm »
All the best Jacob.

Online the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 9, 2018, 11:56:11 pm »
Just seen this, Jim lots of love flying through the air heading in your direction, hope one day for both of you this may have a happy ending

Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 09:04:04 am »
You are a good man     :)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 09:38:22 am »
Happy birthday Jacob, hope you get to meet your old man soon

Stay strong Jim

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 09:45:15 am »
^^ Indeed.

Good luck Jim.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 12:51:37 pm »
Kids need dads. Kids need dads that want to be Fathers.

All the best to you, mate from another father who wishes he'd done better. X

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2018, 11:10:36 pm »
Only just seen this.

I can only echo what others have said and sincerely hope you can both amicably resolve the sad situation some day, and soon, and you can start to have many happy father and son experiences together.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 12:34:19 am »
Good luck my friend.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2018, 01:27:37 pm »
Yer soft git.

Whether you know it or not, your tragedy has turned you into the feeling facilitator that you are.

Your work with Hillsborough survivors is only the best so far of all you've contributed to civic issues.

You're among the best of us, James (which you're finally starting to realise), and we are all better for your presence.

Jacob would be proud of you.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2018, 01:29:46 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25 on: October 7, 2018, 01:36:57 pm »
Feeling facilitator.... make him sound like one of Trump’s friends!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #26 on: October 7, 2018, 02:10:17 pm »
Feeling facilitator.... make him sound like one of Trump’s friends!

I was speaking from personal experience  ;).
Kill the humourless

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 9, 2020, 03:30:03 pm »
Happy 23rd lad.

For the first time in these last 20 or so years, I'm feeling the beginnings of the courage to look for you......

(I fuckin love RAWK - you lot are so supportive - even to someone like me who's dropped a massive bollock around one of the most important subjects for a human - being a parent. I've learned over the last two years that if you carry the guilt and shame, they eventually pull you under. I've also learned some important things about forgiveness. If I can find where his mother is, I can test the waters - if Jacob even knows of my existence, I can then consider if it's wise to seek him out and seek his forgiveness. If it turns out it's not the best thing to do, then the most loving thing for everyone is for me to find another way to release the guilt and shame of being a shite dad. I'm increasingly curious though to see how he turned out, how the circumstances I saw him enter into at a very early age have supported him and his growth. I'd like to see the man he has turned into - even if from a distance.........)
« Last Edit: September 9, 2020, 03:33:58 pm by 24∗7 »

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #28 on: September 9, 2020, 04:52:48 pm »
Happy birthday!!!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #29 on: September 9, 2020, 05:23:55 pm »
Happy birthday young man
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #30 on: September 9, 2020, 07:17:23 pm »
Have a good one Jacob, i can tell you your dad is a really sound bloke.

James, hate using Sunday names, i really hope you find some kind of future with your lad.

👍

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #31 on: September 9, 2020, 11:53:19 pm »
Your father is meant to be your hero, your mentor, your protector, the fella you look up to for advice, wisdom, leadership, discipline, friendship.

In those few years I knew you, I was (and gave) none of these and that will shame me until the day I die.

You were born in the early hours of Sept 9th, 1997. Typically of me at the time, I missed it, cos I was working, with some misguided notion that that was more important, as it contributed to a future that, through bitter irony, never even arrived.

I missed your first words, I missed your first steps, I missed your first everything. I even missed the day I lost you.

Had I known at the time, on that day we played in the park, that it would be the last, I would have held on to you forever, however futile and naive such a gesture would have been.

I did arrive the day after you were born and the photo of me holding on to you then is the most treasured picture I have. But it's always been too late for such sentiment. All I have left are memories, some pictures and a fuckton of guilt and shame.

I should have been there for you. I should have fought harder for you. I should have been a bigger man. I should have been a LOT better, kinder, understanding to your mum.

I should have been a FATHER!

Today I should have been there with you, maybe buying your first legal drink and embarrassing you in our local with sentimental guff, maybe putting a pic of you by the roadside, all gummy with milk around yer gob, a couple of months old, you know the type, with HAPPY 18TH JAKEY! on it, as close to the school as possible to maximise embarrassment to yer mates - maybe yer girlfriend (or boyfriend, it really wouldn't have mattered to me) would gently tease you about it and you'd give me some banter in the pub........

.........but that's not possible is it? Would it ever have been? Who knows? Could I have changed history? Could "things have been different/better"? I don't know.

But I never even tried - I thought I was doing the "right thing" by you - I thought I was being "clever" - and I don't know how to say sorry for that, for everything, for all my failings. I can only put it out there and hope against hope you receive the message somehow through some cosmic miracle or intervention.

I never had another child. I couldn't. Not after this. You were the first and last, Jake.

Happy 18th my little man.

I make no apologies for quoting your entire opening post.

It's the first time I think I've ever seen this thread.

All I can say it exhibits just what an amazing human being you have grown up to be. You made mistakes and have regrets, but my god, you've learned so much from them. All that life can ask of us is that we learn from our experiences and act accordingly, and you've certainly learned so much from yours. In some ways your post is a tough read, but it's also rather beautiful too. I'd be very tempted to print it off and keep it with me if I were in your shoes. If the fates ever bring you and your son together again, and words fail you, the words in your post say it all so beautifully.

Some day, somehow, I hope life brings you both together.

All the best Jacob, I hope your birthday was a good one.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2020, 08:18:41 am »
Cheers fella - regarding that OP, I was offered a reflection from a tough love position a couple of years ago by someone whose view I trust - she said that whilst it shows genuine emotion/vulnerability it also came across as a bit too self-involved. She has seen/heard my shifting attitude towards this topic and now says my approach is a cleaner one, since I've cleaned out a lot of the 'stuff' around it and that this is indeed the right time to consider finding him.

My intention to find him is based in my desire to see what has become of him - but firstly I need to establish if he even knows I exist. If he doesn't, then I don't want to burst the bubble - cos if he has grown up not knowing i exist, then his mother will have had her reasons. If I wade in with size 43 and a halfs, it could cause irreparable damage. It's not for me to undo her lie, if that's the situation.

If he does know I exist, then he might have some negative feelings around it all - which would be understandable and I'd most likely take that risk. On the other hand, he might be pleased I went to look for him and maybe it could heal a wound within himself that he'd been carrying, not knowing where his real dad was or if his real dad even cared.....and I recognise now that nobody would have the right to prevent me from making that decision to make contact.....and I also no longer have the fear of what his mother might think/say/feel/do about it........

At this point, it all seems to depend on three things - i) can I find his mother (ii) to ask if he knows I exist (iii) and would she tell me the truth?

Previously I've resisted posting anything visual. Today I get past that.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2020, 08:34:09 am »
Sorry missed this yesterday Jim. Great pic mate.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2020, 07:37:38 pm »
Cheers fella - regarding that OP, I was offered a reflection from a tough love position a couple of years ago by someone whose view I trust - she said that whilst it shows genuine emotion/vulnerability it also came across as a bit too self-involved. She has seen/heard my shifting attitude towards this topic and now says my approach is a cleaner one, since I've cleaned out a lot of the 'stuff' around it and that this is indeed the right time to consider finding him.

My intention to find him is based in my desire to see what has become of him - but firstly I need to establish if he even knows I exist. If he doesn't, then I don't want to burst the bubble - cos if he has grown up not knowing i exist, then his mother will have had her reasons. If I wade in with size 43 and a halfs, it could cause irreparable damage. It's not for me to undo her lie, if that's the situation.

If he does know I exist, then he might have some negative feelings around it all - which would be understandable and I'd most likely take that risk. On the other hand, he might be pleased I went to look for him and maybe it could heal a wound within himself that he'd been carrying, not knowing where his real dad was or if his real dad even cared.....and I recognise now that nobody would have the right to prevent me from making that decision to make contact.....and I also no longer have the fear of what his mother might think/say/feel/do about it........

At this point, it all seems to depend on three things - i) can I find his mother (ii) to ask if he knows I exist (iii) and would she tell me the truth?

Previously I've resisted posting anything visual. Today I get past that.

That's a lovely picture.

For what it's worth, I think it's a little harsh to suggest your OP was a bit too self-involved. Fair dos, the person who said it knows you far better than I do but, for me, you can only speak from your own perspective, given the circumstances as you experience them.

I hope it somehow works out well for you. It's hard to know how to go about it though, isn't it? I remember counselling a young person who lived with mum and step-father. This person looked up her biological dad and found his house. I well recall the dilemma around making contact or not. Also, if it would open up a Pandora's box of emotions. In this case, contact was made and it worked out well for all parties, but I know this isn't always the case. I suppose it's the chance you have to take if you want to do what you consider to be right.

However you proceed, I hope it works out well for all concerned. All the best.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2020, 04:33:54 am »
Lovely photo that Jim mate. I hope it all works out for you and him eventually.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 9, 2021, 04:08:59 pm »
Losing my dad so dramatically and wrenchingly spurred me on to find Jacob.

I've found him. I know how to reach him.

Today's his 24th birthday.

But, importantly, I found his mother too............and I'm wondering if the best approach is to go through her first - because I have no idea if he even knows I exist.........

And that's what this is all about - existence.

My father practised selective editing, which is part of the trauma I've experienced this last fortnight - so I've been questioning the validity my very existence.........and part of that existence is being his father.

So I am a little bit conflicted - I know that nobody can take that fact away from me - but now I have the opportunity to see if I can make it a little bit more real.

I'll approach her........and ask. If she wants me nowhere near it, if she confirms he doesn't know I exist, I'll likely leave it at that - I don't want to rip his world apart - cos it might have a similar effect on him that some of the shit I uncovered has had on me........but if he knows I exist, then I will make a judgement call on whether or not I approach him.

Naturally, I want it to be clean for us all - I won't rock the boat for the sake of doing so. That would be unfair and unethical. Just cos I have the right, it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Anyway - nothing happens by chance - finding Jacob days after my father died, days before his birthday and days before Jacob's own birthday........tell me that's not destiny.

Reflections welcome.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37 on: September 9, 2021, 04:28:26 pm »
I think you're right to maybe go via his mother first, as if he does know she can maybe make that first contact a lot easier and smoother for both him and you.

Hope it all goes well for you though, can't be an easy thing to go through.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2021, 04:48:10 pm »
I hope with all my heart that you get some resolution to this that you are happy with. You deserve it.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #39 on: September 9, 2021, 04:54:28 pm »
Reach out Jim, can only second what Craig has posted.
It's better knowing where you are at than not knowing.
It could go either way but whilst you have that chance you should be taking it.
It could be the best decision you ever made, it could also be that flip side..if that was the case at least you know where you're at.
For me..not knowing would be worse than that flip side.
Best wishes mate.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2021, 07:33:40 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.