Poll

Does alien life exist in the universe? (Read OP first)

Yes, definitely
Almost certainly
No idea
Probably not
No way

Author Topic: Does alien life exist?  (Read 112979 times)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
Re: Does alien life exist?
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2010, 11:40:07 pm »
Yes and they have come to take Roy away from us, hooray!

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2010, 11:48:57 pm »

"Yet, across the gulf of space, intellects vast, and cool, and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes....... and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us."

dun dun dunnnnn....   dun dun dunnnnn.....
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2010, 01:21:37 am »
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20101020/tsc-uk-science-cern-011ccfa.html

All good stuff .

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.

It should be their motto :)

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2010, 04:14:09 am »
And if there is, are they religious?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2010, 04:57:53 am »
Of course they are. All those tele-evangelist broadcasts are beaming off into space. The aliens are going to come and make a donation.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2010, 10:21:46 am »
I would imagine that there must be many life forms 'out there'. Some more advanced than us, some less. The vast distances of time and space would suggest - at least with our present knowledge - that a tete a tete would seem unlikely.

I'm led to believe that theoretically, it is possible to get anywhere in the universe instantaneously, by curving space until it disappears up it's own jacksy, and that time travel is theoretically possible. However current theories suggest that you would need the total energy of the 'big-bang' to achieve this! Not likely with the present cut-backs then.

However we don't know everything yet, so watch this space - so to speak.

Anyway, if Stephen Hawking believes there's life out there, that's good enough for me.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2010, 10:38:28 am »
I think it is almost certain we are not alone, the vastness of the universe says that mathematically we are likely to never encounter anyone/thing however.

The put it into context there are more than 100,000,000,000 galaxies in the visible universe, the chances that over the course of the 13+ billion years the universe has existed, that some sort of life has not spawned in favourable conditions, is so unlikley its beyond my comprehension. 
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2010, 10:42:22 am »
Just worked out the approximate distance that is observable from earth in miles and its

I don't know how much that is, 6 trillion x 92 billion is the sum.

He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2010, 10:56:51 am »

Halo fan?
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2010, 12:18:14 pm »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2010, 12:31:17 pm »
You didn't bother to read the opening post, did you?

Yes.

But I never clicked on the link.  I'll have a gander.

Another thing.   

Do you think with al lthe Alien movies are a form of conditioning to prepare people for when the veil is lifted?  Just a question like.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2010, 01:53:37 pm »
......Another thing.   ....Do you think with al lthe Alien movies are a form of conditioning to prepare people for when the veil is lifted?  Just a question like.

Absolutely Kesey, without doubt, all the arguments I've heard to support the idea are just sooo convincing and from people who really understand science and things and y'know, stuff like that, and aren't simply people making a fast buck by feeding on peoples irrationality and fear due to them being just someone sitting in their bedroom on the internet who thinks everyone is out to get them and doesn't get why they are insignificant in the scheme of this great randomness.

It's stone cold, nailed on, true, every last word. None of it is exaggerated and it all stacks up convincingly.

The Mayans knew, the Incas knew, The Egyptians knew, the Druids knew, Leonardo Da Vinci knew, the Catholic Church knew, in fact everybody knew, but then it was suppressed by those who really knew and forgotten by those who did know what those who do know now know. 

Those who were left that knew became the new knowing who knew, but they should not be confused with the old knowing who knew, as they had forgotten, obviously (That's an important but often overlooked distinction - you need to ignore those liars).

But yes, we are entering the era of the new knowing and I suppose I should let you in on a secret, but this is strictly between you and me and don't tell anyone else whatever you do or the new knowing who know now will come and get you and bleed your brain to stop you knowing what you now know.

They're here, yes, and they are just biding their time.

And then, when the veil is lifted, humans will know the true meaning of the word 'suffering'...

;)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2010, 02:25:19 pm »
It sounds dangerously close to the works of convicted fraudster Erich von Däniken.

to be fair to Kesey he's got a point, theres a certain proportion of our DNA that can't be checked back in evolutionary terms, it sort of just appeared out of nowhere a while back. The Ancient Aliens series on History Channel is quite good, von Daniken may stretch the truth quite a lot but I've always believed that aliens have visited us in the past, dont know if they do but i truely believe they started religion and people on earth not knowing that the earth was round and went round the sun and was in a whole big universe just reverently worshipped them as Gods.

The Dogan people are just fucking weird and whenever I see the shit about them it freaks me out. They knew the exact location/orbit of an exoplanet orbiting Sirus before Science even believed in exoplanets...
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Utterly Lubberly but can't believe it's not buddha....
  • Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2010, 02:26:23 pm »

I believe alien life exists.
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

Nothing to do with football but
    We won it five times!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2010, 02:28:50 pm »
I find it funny the way a lot people say ' out there '. Who's to say that they aren't here, have been or having as whacky as it may seem , even seeded the human race.  Ancient Astronuats and all that. Aren't there even references to these entities in the bible, in ancient art and other texts?

There's an episode of Star Trek about ancient aliens finding that they were alone in the universe and they seed the galaxy. No explanation of where they come from, though.

My vote was for probably yes.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2010, 02:37:29 pm »
Life almost certainly exists elsewhere in the universe.

Our understanding of the laws of physics makes it incredible unlikely that we will get a visit any time soon.

I'm with Carl Sagan:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlikCebQSlY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MlikCebQSlY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Interesting theory. However, so much depends on the final variable, and the value of that final variable is so impossible to determine, that ultimately it's a bit of a pointless calculation..

on a totally unrelated subject, since you changed your avatar, everytime I read one of your posts I hear it in the voice of Will.. it fits quite well, actually :P
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2010, 02:47:56 pm »

Absolutely Kesey, without doubt, all the arguments I've heard to support the idea are just sooo convincing and from people who really understand science and things and y'know, stuff like that, and aren't simply people making a fast buck by feeding on peoples irrationality and fear due to them being just someone sitting in their bedroom on the internet who thinks everyone is out to get them and doesn't get why they are insignificant in the scheme of this great randomness.

It's stone cold, nailed on, true, every last word. None of it is exaggerated and it all stacks up convincingly.

The Mayans knew, the Incas knew, The Egyptians knew, the Druids knew, Leonardo Da Vinci knew, the Catholic Church knew, in fact everybody knew, but then it was suppressed by those who really knew and forgotten by those who did know what those who do know now know. 

Those who were left that knew became the new knowing who knew, but they should not be confused with the old knowing who knew, as they had forgotten, obviously (That's an important but often overlooked distinction - you need to ignore those liars).

But yes, we are entering the era of the new knowing and I suppose I should let you in on a secret, but this is strictly between you and me and don't tell anyone else whatever you do or the new knowing who know now will come and get you and bleed your brain to stop you knowing what you now know.

They're here, yes, and they are just biding their time.

And then, when the veil is lifted, humans will know the true meaning of the word 'suffering'...

;)

Are you the brain child behind Project Bluebeam?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »
I'm guessing you've been watching Dr Brian Cox's Wonders of the Solar System?

Studied on an OU course, but yes, have seen the episode you refer to...quite a few times actually, as I'm a bit of a fan of Cox :|

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2010, 02:51:56 pm »
Are you the brain child behind Project Bluebeam?

Yes.

But I can't say anymore at the moment....I'm under surveillance by the Zirgons from Thaarg who don't want their little secret revealed just yet.

;)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2010, 02:55:35 pm »
Yes.

But I can't say anymore at the moment....I'm under surveillance by the Zirgons from Thaarg who don't want their little secret revealed just yet.

;)

Too late, Underling.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010, 03:02:42 pm »
It would be great to find aliens on relatively the same technological level as us.

Then humanity will be united as one to shoot those alien bastards. Why bother if a fella has black skin when there's the green and purples to worry about?
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2010, 03:11:26 pm »
It would be great to find aliens on relatively the same technological level as us.

Then humanity will be united as one to shoot those alien bastards. Why bother if a fella has black skin when there's the green and purples to worry about?

If the ladies have three tits like in Total Recall, then I'm fucking emigrating.

Offline spanishscouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2010, 03:58:53 pm »
There's an episode of Star Trek about ancient aliens finding that they were alone in the universe and they seed the galaxy. No explanation of where they come from, though.

My vote was for probably yes.

Ah yes, we are related to Klingons, Cardassians and Romulans. An Vulcan was also visited by Sargons species. And also a group of Vulcans visited Carbon Creek in 1958 and one of them really liked the Three Stooges

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2010, 04:18:30 pm »
An Vulcan was also visited by Sargons species.

I'll bet she was, reputation all over the galaxy, the whore...

Seriously though, :D I bet their music is shite, tentacles down.
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2010, 04:41:59 pm »
Yes,

Most likely on Europa, Saturns Icy moon.

If life can live at the bottom of the ocean around thermal vents completely independent of the Sun then it would stand to reason that other liquid water could support other forms of life.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2010, 04:43:33 pm »
Probably, but why they keep visiting bum-fuck america and abducting red necks is beyond me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2010, 04:46:34 pm »
on a totally unrelated subject, since you changed your avatar, everytime I read one of your posts I hear it in the voice of Will.. it fits quite well, actually :P

It was an enforced change. One of the mods gifted it to me. The damning indictment is that I am spoilt for choice as to what post triggered it.

The equation is fiction, but the general thrust of just how big the universe is, and how unremarkable our solar system is, suggest that life probably arose elsewhere.

If the question was is there a technological society out there now, it would be little tougher being quite so confident.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2010, 04:53:43 pm »
to be fair to Kesey he's got a point, theres a certain proportion of our DNA that can't be checked back in evolutionary terms, it sort of just appeared out of nowhere a while back. The Ancient Aliens series on History Channel is quite good, von Daniken may stretch the truth quite a lot but I've always believed that aliens have visited us in the past, dont know if they do but i truely believe they started religion and people on earth not knowing that the earth was round and went round the sun and was in a whole big universe just reverently worshipped them as Gods.

The Dogan people are just fucking weird and whenever I see the shit about them it freaks me out. They knew the exact location/orbit of an exoplanet orbiting Sirus before Science even believed in exoplanets...

Do you have a creditable source for any of that. Well a more creditable source that the makers of Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »
Probably, but why they keep visiting bum-fuck america and abducting red necks is beyond me.

you been watching dead man running?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2010, 04:55:39 pm »
It was an enforced change. One of the mods gifted it to me. The damning indictment is that I am spoilt for choice as to what post triggered it.

The equation is fiction, but the general thrust of just how big the universe is, and how unremarkable our solar system is, suggest that life probably arose elsewhere.

If the question was is there a technological society out there now, it would be little tougher being quite so confident.

Briefcase wanker.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2010, 04:59:04 pm »
you been watching dead man running?

Nope just hear all the stories of them flying to Ohio or Arizona or some middle of nowhere swamp and taking people up on their big sparkly ships and then anally probing them.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2010, 07:21:44 pm »
I don't think we're alone in the universe.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2010, 10:29:40 pm »
If people are interested in aliens i would recommend watching History Channel's Ancient Aliens series, sounds ridiculous i know, but for a sci fi nut like me it was a great watch.

http://stagevu.com/video/njrxjoosiise

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2010, 10:31:35 pm »
If people are interested in aliens i would recommend watching History Channel's Ancient Aliens series, sounds ridiculous i know, but for a sci fi nut like me it was a great watch.

http://stagevu.com/video/njrxjoosiise

I have put the critical bit in bold.

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2010, 10:45:00 pm »
I have put the critical bit in bold.

Edit: Ah... It being fictional. I enjoy sci fi from books to movies and video games, while it all may seem fictional to most people when applied to our real world i still enjoy the notion that there is a small chance it could be real- something that the documentary get's across throughout the several episodes.

Whatever your views, it's a good watch, especially if you're as curious as i am about these things.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:07:09 pm by N-Red »

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »
Almost certainly.
The vast size of the universe makes it almost unavoidable.
Thinking we are alone in the universe would be arrogant.

But I don't believe we will find any kind of intelligent life form in the next few thousand years. The distances in space are just to great for humans to travel or send messages.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2010, 11:32:31 pm »
But I don't believe we will find any kind of intelligent life form in the next few thousand years. The distances in space are just to great for humans to travel or send messages.

This is one limb of the thing I don't buy. Faster than light travel may be beyond us but it may second or third nature to other life forms. Hell, other life forms might be FTL portals.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2010, 11:37:45 pm »
This is one limb of the thing I don't buy. Faster than light travel may be beyond us but it may second or third nature to other life forms. Hell, other life forms might be FTL portals.
Surely that would mean them finding us rather than us finding them.

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2010, 11:51:26 pm »
Problem with that is if a alien life form has figured out FTLT they are probably so advanced that in there eyes we we will probably seem like nothing more then ants.