Author Topic: Another PayPal question..  (Read 2975 times)

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another PayPal question..
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2020, 08:40:17 pm »
Following on from what Craig has said, you need to make a section 75 claim with your card company. We did this over a refurbed laptop that failed outside the 30 day warranty and the seller refused to do anything, credit card company were brilliant and suddenly they accepted it back for repair. It couldn't be fixed, so they gave us a full refund within a couple of weeks.
pretty sure using a third party (paypal) has fecked up the section 75 claim. Recently read a peice bt Martin Lewis on such matters.

edit: have a look at this

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 08:42:51 pm by tray fenny »
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Re: PayPal
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2020, 08:47:13 pm »
How do they know there was no sign of damage on the packaging? I opened a dispute for an item not received on paypal and it took nearly 7 weeks to get money back.

I sent photo evidence of the damaged screens and also of the boxes they arrived in.

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Re: Another PayPal question..
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2020, 08:57:36 pm »
pretty sure using a third party (paypal) has fecked up the section 75 claim. Recently read a peice bt Martin Lewis on such matters.

edit: have a look at this

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75/

This is what I’m confused by. Although I didn’t “load” my PayPal account with my card, my PayPal balance was empty when I paid with my card.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2020, 08:59:52 pm »
This is what I’m confused by. Although I didn’t “load” my PayPal account with my card, my PayPal balance was empty when I paid with my card.

Yeah PayPal in that case are just the card processors (much like Stripe are, and many others), you should still be able to claim that way.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Paypal Fraud
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2021, 07:42:56 pm »
Right, so about two weeks ago I get an email informing me some dickhead from Russia somewhere has accessed my Paypal account and there's been suspicious activity. Nothing been used or taken out, so I try to log into my account to change passwords and stuff, and it asks me of a phone number that I used to register with at the time, but is now outdated and I don't remember it. Fine. So I click on the "confirm another way" option and it throws me back to the beginning asking for the number. I then go to their Twitter help and support, and they say they can't do anything from there and to phone a number. I phone the number. The number asks me for the obsolete number I registered with to get through to someone.  :butt

Fucking useless bastards.

Anyway, this all resulted in some c*nt trying to buy PSG tracksuits and funds up to 200 quid were taken out for the order, which was pending. I'd to cancel my card and everything linked to that Paypal, and I still can't access it to change anything. If the c*nts had just allowed me to update the number, this would have been prevented.

Is there any way I can contact them without being put into a fucking automated call that sends me round in circles?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2021, 10:14:39 pm »
OK, just resolved the login issue, but through no help and no thanks to Payal. Turns out I had to circumvent the phone number thing by Googling "paypal login", clicking on the first link I saw, which took me to the phone verification page, then copying and pasting that link into a seperate tab and going there and it lets me into the log in settings. Mental. Paypal seriously need to sort their shit out, because this is unacceptable, and if anything, it's helping people get away with fraud.