Author Topic: Broken anything valuable?  (Read 5650 times)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
Re: Broken anything valuable?
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2009, 01:20:25 pm »
When working as a painter and decorator, my friend managed to boot over a huge can of outdoor oil based all weather paint onto an untreated brand new oak floor. Funniest thing was his face after. "White spirit will get it out right? Right?"

It didn't.

Offline Jonno

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Malaysian Red And White Kopites
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2009, 01:24:53 pm »
Close ... after finishing my routine wank, I carried on talking to my mate over MSN (yep, I actually paused the conversation to start one). I then got that urge to pee you get afterwards and took my laptop in the bathroom. It wasn't possible to do it standing up, so I sat down for it, and placed my laptop on the floor infront of me. I then managed to piss through the gap between the toilet seat and the toilet itself, which covered my laptop. The keys stopped working properly and knackered the whole thing.

Managed to sell it for 180 quid with the condition as "slight water damage". Not bad considering it was bought for £230 and I'd had it about half a year.

I've seen worse ;D

Makes me laugh more than anything at how bloody stupid it was. Be funnier if it was insured, and I stated that as the reason for the breakage.

:lmao :lmao

Not as good as many here. Once at me ex's place, having dinner, we were talking about the antiques they have in their house, the father pointed out to a plate that is more than 150 years old, actually belonged to his great grandmother, and it has been passed down through the generation. Was admiring it and mentioned that I must be careful when I stand up as the plate was just behind me.

Anyway, finished the meal, stood up and knocked the plate over with me head, instinctively kick out a foot to try to "cushion" the fall (as you would) and promptly kicked the plate into pieces. Mind you, had I not kick out me foot, it might've been ok as there were carpet underneath, but we never knew...  :butt :butt

Never felt so bad in me life, the dad was ok with it, even offered me a beer afterwards and had a laugh about it, top bloke, but I could never look at the empty space on the wall ever again.
"Son, every man on the street and in the pub has his own view about who should play where, his own team, so do I. The difference is, my team was put to the test time and again, yours weren't and will never be." Roy Evans to me in Kuala Lumpur.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2009, 01:31:44 pm »
MAC PRO

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 6, 2009, 11:32:22 pm »
Broke the chandelier in my parents house whilst throwing tennis balls at my friend, also broke a glass door years ago when I was staying with my gran but everything's replaceable. :D Parents and gran weren't very happy with me at the time though!
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2020, 08:44:50 am »
Close ... after finishing my routine wank, I carried on talking to my mate over MSN (yep, I actually paused the conversation to start one). I then got that urge to pee you get afterwards and took my laptop in the bathroom. It wasn't possible to do it standing up, so I sat down for it, and placed my laptop on the floor infront of me. I then managed to piss through the gap between the toilet seat and the toilet itself, which covered my laptop. The keys stopped working properly and knackered the whole thing.

Managed to sell it for 180 quid with the condition as "slight water damage". Not bad considering it was bought for £230 and I'd had it about half a year.

For some weird reason I recalled this story and ran a search with "routine wank" keyword. Definitely worth the effort.  ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2020, 12:50:18 pm »
Dropped my lads Iphone and smashed the shit out of the screen :butt Thats two tablets and a phone of his now I've wrecked.

I once knackered a laptop by dropping a cup of coffee on it. Luckily it was a work one and I got away with it.

My son, whose Iphone I have bust, did that to my work laptop a few weeks before lockdown. I was made up, got a new one with an SSD in it  8)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:53:01 pm by rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking." »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2020, 01:21:41 pm »
Medium sized side window as a kid at my Parents house, got grounded for that.

Mountain bike related, cracked a carbon fibre frame 2 years ago, luckily got a new frame in return under warranty.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2020, 10:15:38 pm »
I burned down a mate's gaff once, but thankfully there was nothing valuable in it.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2020, 10:18:24 pm »
A lady I used to work with was doing some house cleaning on the side for a bit of extra cash. She was working in a massive gaff out Frodsham way, and accidentally sprayed and wiped a painting. Proper Mr Bean style. It was apparently very valuable and instead of confronting the issue she resigned and blocked their numbers!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:13 pm »
A lady I used to work with was doing some house cleaning on the side for a bit of extra cash. She was working in a massive gaff out Frodsham way, and accidentally sprayed and wiped a painting. Proper Mr Bean style. It was apparently very valuable and instead of confronting the issue she resigned and blocked their numbers!

Was this her doing?

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2020, 10:35:07 pm »
Was this her doing?

That was vandalism! 
dios esta buena

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2020, 10:36:53 pm »
Taped over a cassette tape of my old mans trad band with WWF theme songs. It was literally the only copy of it he had.

Was some laugh when he put it into play that day.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2020, 09:34:10 am »
Did this when I was 21. Happened outside Park Lane (now Ashworth) in Maghull. Ian Brady, the Black Panther and a few others were in there at the time. Someone rang 999 and said it was a riot, all of Maghull Police station showed up !!!

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2020, 10:00:34 am »
Did this when I was 21. Happened outside Park Lane (now Ashworth) in Maghull. Ian Brady, the Black Panther and a few others were in there at the time.

Hell of a Stag do.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2020, 10:30:00 am »
Did this when I was 21. Happened outside Park Lane (now Ashworth) in Maghull. Ian Brady, the Black Panther and a few others were in there at the time. Someone rang 999 and said it was a riot, all of Maghull Police station showed up !!!

Why were you giving Ian Brady and Black Panther a lift?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2020, 11:44:52 am »
Why were you giving Ian Brady and Black Panther a lift?

Well one of them had to be the designated driver.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2020, 04:23:56 pm »
My Dad chopped the legs off a circa 1700 walnut cabinet so it would fit into an alcove in their house. When an old friend visited a few years later this fella knew a lot about antiques. Told my dad that before he lopped the legs off it was worth many thousands and that was in the late 80's.

He also smashed the shit out of an antique chinese vase my mum inherited. Again, worth a lot of money.

He remains cack handed and my mum puts anything valuable out of his reach.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2020, 05:04:39 pm »
when I was young took myself on a day trip hiking to the Lake District in my first car. My Mum said I should check the oil

totally ignored as clearly I knew better

engine over heated was a write off on the way home due to a lack of oil

had to get it towed and then cost a few thousand for a new engine

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2020, 05:07:10 pm »
I broke wind rather loudly in Court once and got a £500 fine.
Judge said it was a heinous offence.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2020, 06:43:56 pm »
I broke wind rather loudly in Court once and got a £500 fine.
Judge said it was a heinous offence.

:lmao

I mean, you were the defence lawyer. It’s not a great look.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2020, 06:47:27 pm »
Spilled a full gin and tonic all over my laptop and completely ruined it.  Had nothing but annoyance with the new one.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2020, 06:52:51 pm »
Maybe it wasn't that valuable but I remember when I was a kid I broke my dad's pager, dropped it down a flight of stairs, and then tried to hide it  ;D Not my wisest decision

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2020, 06:55:55 pm »
Purely accidental but I possibly caused a fire on an oil rig that tipped it over the edge from kept to being scrapped.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2020, 06:58:02 pm »
Spilled a full gin and tonic all over my laptop and completely ruined it.  Had nothing but annoyance with the new one.

Not mixed as well? Cheaper tonic? Not enough ice?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2020, 08:50:18 pm »
Not mixed as well? Cheaper tonic? Not enough ice?

It was just a pain in the arse licking it off the keyboard.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art