Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262633 times)

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1080 on: February 1, 2009, 06:20:21 pm »
The cross for El Nino was superb.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1081 on: February 1, 2009, 06:23:40 pm »
MOTM match for me today. Never stopped overlapping, not every cross was brilliant but he made it count when it mattered most.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #1082 on: February 1, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »
We are nearly always better with him than without him. 

He gives us good attacking options - am sure we'd have won the European Cup against Milan if he'd been fit. 

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1083 on: February 1, 2009, 06:28:39 pm »
We are nearly always better with him than without him. 

He gives us good attacking options - am sure we'd have won the European Cup against Milan if he'd been fit. 

Experience. That's why I say that he's better than Insua, and the young lad can learn a lot from him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Stevie-G

• Kopite
  • "IT'S WONDERFUL, IT'S MARVELOUS, ITS 3-3!"
« Reply #1084 on: February 1, 2009, 06:29:07 pm »
Superb. He didnt even seem to tire during the remainding minutes.
" WE GO AGAIN! "

Online abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: February 1, 2009, 06:31:50 pm »
He was great today. The cross was superb, but otherwise too, his link up was fantastic. Does any other full back (apart from Alves) have vision as good as his in Europe?
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1086 on: February 1, 2009, 06:35:58 pm »
Fantastic player, just sad about the injuries, i really do hope they stop.

When he steers clear of them and gets a run of games he's fantastic

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1087 on: February 1, 2009, 06:37:11 pm »
Good game today, nice crosses and good link up with Riera and Yossi, the assist for torres was superb.

Keep it up Fabio lad!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: February 1, 2009, 06:38:47 pm »
Extra thorazine for Azer tonight....
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline cevans16

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: February 1, 2009, 06:56:09 pm »
Great game from Aurelio today!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: February 1, 2009, 07:00:30 pm »
As per usual give it a few games after an injury and the lad starts showing his quality again and even more satifying shutting Azer up - until his next injury of course  ::)

FABIO!

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #1091 on: February 1, 2009, 07:13:32 pm »
Had a great game today. He's a cracking left-back when he's fit.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1092 on: February 1, 2009, 07:27:32 pm »
Extra thorazine for Azer tonight....

I am eagerly awaiting the perceived wrongdoings that Azer can come up with after tonight.
Blank.

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #1093 on: February 1, 2009, 07:37:54 pm »
Always knew he had a great left foot, glad it came in use Today.  Superb!

Offline Peyres

• Kopite
« Reply #1094 on: February 1, 2009, 07:55:43 pm »
Fab was awesome today. So comftable on the ball, I was never concernered that he'd lose possesion.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: February 1, 2009, 08:03:52 pm »
It's the shaved head I reckon. Got rid of the 'styled' look and he is back to his best.
Blank.

Offline JamieB

• Legacy Fan
  • Winning isn't important, it's everything
« Reply #1096 on: February 1, 2009, 08:08:25 pm »
Brilliant today.
Pass and Move its the Liverpool Groove,
Go Robbie, Go Robbie, Go!

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #1097 on: February 1, 2009, 08:11:38 pm »
MOTM today i reckon. Closely followed by Yossi, who changed the game when he came on.
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: February 1, 2009, 08:13:01 pm »
Played well today.

For all the knobs that were slating him this last week (and theres been alot of them) - i hope you choke on your words.

Well in Fab!
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1099 on: February 1, 2009, 08:34:22 pm »
How NeilD and Rossi saw the goal:

Aurelio makes last ditch tackle on Drogba after he's rounded Reina. He picks the ball up and skips past 4 Chelsea players before laying the ball off to Dirk Kuyt. Kuyt trips over the ball and (on purpose) breaks Torres' legs, just so he can continue playing regularly, by falling on top of him (he later gives half a dozen interviews about this). Aurelio wins the ball back again, this time beats 7 players, before playing a one two with Rossi himself in the crowd, and getting through on goal. From there on in he nutmegs Cech, flicks the ball up and catches it under his shirt and walks the rest of the distance to the goal with the ball under his shirt, immitating a pregnant woman. This is somewhat ironic, because he's just impregnated every man, woman and child inside of Anfield with his awesomeness.

How Azer saw the goal:

Ball is passed to Aurelio whose ankle shatters upon attemting to control it. He tries to get back to his feet by tears every ligament in his body upon doing so. Then, when the wind changes direction, every other bone in his body shatters. After the game, as he makes his way out of Anfield in a wheelchair, he deliberately rolls over Azer's foot, pet tortoise and cat, and goes rolling out of control into his car, making it a write-off. He makes no apology for this.

It was typical Aurelio. He's a neet footballer but was only really a threat when they were down to 10. Up until that point he was just relying on his passing, which is pretty good, but didn't really make up for the lack of running in behind.

Wasn't any more impressed with him than I was with Arby on the other flank.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: February 1, 2009, 08:34:51 pm »
MOTM today i reckon. Closely followed by Yossi, who changed the game when he came on.

Not to overuse a weary joke, but I think Skrtel might have something to say about that!

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: February 1, 2009, 08:40:05 pm »
Not to overuse a weary joke, but I think Skrtel might have something to say about that!

Nice to have at least three to choose from though, no?
Blank.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #1102 on: February 1, 2009, 08:43:03 pm »

Aurelio makes last ditch tackle on Drogba after he's rounded Reina. He picks the ball up and skips past 4 Chelsea players before laying the ball off to Dirk Kuyt. Kuyt trips over the ball and (on purpose) breaks Torres' legs, just so he can continue playing regularly, by falling on top of him (he later gives half a dozen interviews about this). Aurelio wins the ball back again, this time beats 7 players, before playing a one two with Rossi himself in the crowd, and getting through on goal. From there on in he nutmegs Cech, flicks the ball up and catches it under his shirt and walks the rest of the distance to the goal with the ball under his shirt, immitating a pregnant woman. This is somewhat ironic, because he's just impregnated every man, woman and child inside of Anfield with his awesomeness.

How Azer saw the goal:

Ball is passed to Aurelio whose ankle shatters upon attemting to control it. He tries to get back to his feet by tears every ligament in his body upon doing so. Then, when the wind changes direction, every other bone in his body shatters. After the game, as he makes his way out of Anfield in a wheelchair, he deliberately rolls over Azer's foot, pet tortoise and cat, and goes rolling out of control into his car, making it a write-off. He makes no apology for this.

It was typical Aurelio. He's a neet footballer but was only really a threat when they were down to 10. Up until that point he was just relying on his passing, which is pretty good, but didn't really make up for the lack of running in behind.

:lmao

This was hilarious
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline theoupsilon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1103 on: February 1, 2009, 08:52:01 pm »
For sure one of his best game with us !!

Go on Fabio lad !!!

;)
In Brendan Rodgers We Trust

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: February 1, 2009, 09:03:12 pm »
One of our best players today. :D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline LIVusa34

• Kopite
« Reply #1105 on: February 1, 2009, 09:09:34 pm »
was good the bridge too. never seems overwhelmed against the good teams. him and arby have outplayed cole/bosingwa twice.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1106 on: February 1, 2009, 09:35:33 pm »
I was very impressed with Fabio's all round play today.

Thought he was MOM even before he hit the ball in for Fernando.

Showed  how to run to the bye line and give Torres a chance with a good cross.  Just hope he can stay injury free.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1107 on: February 1, 2009, 09:43:55 pm »
I was very impressed with Fabio's all round play today.

Thought he was MOM even before he hit the ball in for Fernando.

Showed  how to run to the bye line and give Torres a chance with a good cross.  Just hope he can stay injury free.

I thought Alvaro Arbeloa was very good today - provided an excellent out ball time and time again down the right.  Impressed with both of our fullbacks today.

Ironic too - considering many on these pages see left and right back as positions in which we are notably weaker than Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United (thatsaid, i'm sure there are stats...).

Excellent.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1108 on: February 1, 2009, 10:01:09 pm »
fabio was ok today

my money is still on insua to get back into the team as first choice left back

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1109 on: February 1, 2009, 10:41:06 pm »
fabio was ok today

my money is still on insua to get back into the team as first choice left back
Experience. That's why I say that he's better than Insua, and the young lad can learn a lot from him.

That's why Insua won't be ahead of Aurelio (when he's at full fitness). Fabio played from the start of the season untill november 22nd before Insua came into the team after he got injured. I reckon we'll still see Aurelio as number 1 this season with Dossena and Insua being used to keep him rotated and not over worked - If he can last until the end of the season, he'll be crucial against Madrid and in the run-in I bet. Next season, I'm not so sure he'll be able to keep out the competition though.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2009, 10:42:40 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1110 on: February 1, 2009, 10:43:41 pm »
That's why Insua won't be ahead of Aurelio (when he's at full fitness). Fabio played from the start of the season untill november 22nd before Insua came into the team after he got injured. I reckon we'll still see Aurelio as number 1 this season with Dossena and Insua being used to keep him rotated and not over worked. Next season, I'm not so sure he'll be able to keep out the competition.

insua was playing really well before he went to the under 20's tournament

fabio is a solid player, insua is better imo

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: February 1, 2009, 10:44:24 pm »
Thought he was ok today without being amazing. Certainly got into the game a lot more 2nd half and having Yossi ahead of him drifting infield probably helped. Quality cross though, our only of the game I think so he's got the quality that's for sure.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline azer

• Misanthrope who thinks we were battered by Sunderland.
  • Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1112 on: February 3, 2009, 11:35:50 am »
Some of the comments on here are just hilarious. A few people must have bloody noses from the knee jerk reactions.

Aurelio overlaps for the first time in the game because Gerrard goes out to make it 3 on 1 to give Aurelio the time he needs to set himself and actualy produce.

Good cross, no getting away from that. I have said before that he is good on the ball when he has plenty of time and there is no one within 20 yards of him. Sadly, we dont always play against 10 men who were run all over the place by gerrard and alonso.

Lets have an honest critique here of his "MOTM" (LOL) performance against chelsea:

In Defence: Solid Performance. Wasnt under the cosh and did nothing wrong.

Getting Forward: average. Counting the number of times Arbeloa got pass the half way line compared to Aurelio and you will see what i mean here. The cross was superb, no getting away from that, but it was gerrards drive to get out and create the 20 yards that aurelio needs that allowed him to cross. Time and time again when we went forward there was acres of space out wide with kuyt and reiria cutting in whcih both our fullbacks should have attacked, Aurelio was less effective than arbeloa than that.

General play: above average, doesnt make the same forward runs as we have seen dossena do and not as solid as Insua has proven to be over his brief stint but he was better than he was in most of his previous games. As for a MOTM performance....well that is plain ridiculous. Alonso, Torres, Gerrard even Skrtel and Benayoun were way out ahead in that race.

Anyway, i'll give credit where it is due. Good game by Aurelio. Arbeloa however was just as good.
Something quaint and witty.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1113 on: February 3, 2009, 11:37:34 am »

How Azer saw the goal:

LOL! Thats not the first time i have lauged at an Aurelio post, but at least this post isnt meant to be taken seriously!

The part in bold says it all really.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #1114 on: February 3, 2009, 12:01:57 pm »

I'd agree with that. A nice assist doesn't stop me from remembering a number of pretty average plays from Aurelio. In fact, for the most part, Arbeloa was a lot better, in my opinion of course.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: February 3, 2009, 02:39:05 pm »

How Azer saw the goal:

Hey don't lump me in with Rossi's Dirk bashing!

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1116 on: February 3, 2009, 02:51:40 pm »
He always seems to put in quality performances against Chelsea.

Offline wesley

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1117 on: February 3, 2009, 03:02:39 pm »
the lad was not helped by a labored riera on the left flank but still managed to produce a lot of overlap runs and put some decent crosses in. the assist to torres' first goal was simply class - full of spin and power and it only took torres a split second to flick in.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1118 on: February 3, 2009, 03:26:17 pm »
still managed to produce a lot of overlap runs and put some decent crosses in.

What match were you watching?

Offline wesley

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1119 on: February 3, 2009, 03:47:22 pm »
What match were you watching?

after lampard was sent off, the lad just kept running forward and his off the ball movements certainly created space for us to add some width to our attacking play. later on when yossi was introduced to play on the left hand side fabio ran forward even more frequently.