Poll

Max v appalled

Max
9 (64.3%)
appalled
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: April 27, 2021, 07:09:01 pm

Author Topic: The 1-10 Football Draft - Game 2  (Read 748 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
The 1-10 Football Draft - Game 2
« on: April 26, 2021, 07:09:01 pm »
Game 2. Max v appalled

Max

appalled

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: The 1-10 Football Draft - Game 2
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 07:19:57 pm »
Jesus this is a close game.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 08:01:56 pm »
I went Lobo as Max's left side plays perfectly into the hands of Maradona, Neeskens, and Cole. 

What makes this so tight, is one could argue the inverse too -- that Ronaldinho, Davids and Emlyn would find an equivalent joy on right side.  Max does have a few more LFC players though.  Another close call.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 08:16:36 pm »
I’m sure the good people of RAWK will see through Max’s thinly veiled plan here
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 08:34:52 pm »
I’m sure the good people of RAWK will see through Max’s thinly veiled plan here

Good people, c'mon.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 09:35:12 pm »
I went Lobo as Max's left side plays perfectly into the hands of Maradona, Neeskens, and Cole. 

What makes this so tight, is one could argue the inverse too -- that Ronaldinho, Davids and Emlyn would find an equivalent joy on right side.  Max does have a few more LFC players though.  Another close call.

See my team is perfectly symmetric. The midfield diamond has everything you want. A powerful anchor in Fabinho, an energetic ball-winner in Davids, a pass master with vision in Molby and one of the most exciting and creative #10s.

The front two also complement each other's skills. The speed and Physicality of Weah + Work-rate and creativity of Keegan would make them a great combo.

Whereas in Lobo's team Maradonna, Lampard and Charlton all typically occupy the same space. And Vieri is a step down from both Weah and Keegan.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 09:38:30 pm »
See my team is perfectly symmetric. The midfield diamond has everything you want. A powerful anchor in Fabinho, an energetic ball-winner in Davids, a pass master with vision in Molby and one of the most exciting and creative #10s.

The front two also complement each other's skills. The speed and Physicality of Weah + Work-rate and creativity of Keegan would make them a great combo.

Whereas in Lobo's team Maradonna, Lampard and Charlton all typically occupy the same space. And Vieri is a step down from both Weah and Keegan.
I agree. Lobo's players are individually better but Max's team would work better on the pitch.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 09:51:07 pm »
And Vieri is a step down from both Weah and Keegan.

I went with you but I've always rated Vieri higher than Weah. I can see why some might go the other way but it's not that far apart.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 09:53:30 pm »
Knew this would be a tight affair.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 10:03:53 pm »
I went with you but I've always rated Vieri higher than Weah. I can see why some might go the other way but it's not that far apart.

He was definitely a more consistent player and had more longevity. But Weah at his peak was better IMO.

Let us not forget that Weah could never have the same longevity at the top as Vieri because he was born in a country that was not a footballing hotbed. By the time he moved to Europe, he was 22. He was already in his late 20's when joined Milan.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 10:08:15 pm »
He was definitely a more consistent player and had more longevity. But Weah at his peak was better IMO.

Let us not forget that Weah could never have the same longevity at the top as Vieri because he was born in a country that was not a footballing hotbed. By the time he moved to Europe, he was 22. He was already in his late 20's when joined Milan.

Fair point about him being born in Liberia. Both top players in that era.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 10:35:19 pm »
Fair point about him being born in Liberia. Both top players in that era.

I don’t think Max should get extra points for that
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 11:15:32 am »
This one is looking real tight with 2 people who voted in the first match up yet to play their hand.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 03:34:55 pm »
Bump
Y.N.W.A.