Author Topic: 3 Graces Scale Models  (Read 1407 times)

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
3 Graces Scale Models
« on: September 2, 2020, 12:13:29 pm »
It is my Dads 70th birthday this year and I was hoping to get him some models of the 3 graces to add to a 00 gauge model railway he is building.

Any ideas of where I may be able to source this from or anyone to contact? Not having much joy on line.

Thank you for any help

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: 3 Graces Scale Models
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2020, 03:01:09 pm »
Can't help but might have an idea for ya.

I gave a present to a couple of friends of their house in 3D.

Not 3D printed - but that could be a way for you to go - but I drew out the shape of their house (it was quite boxy so not too difficult unlike The graces ) and then built a card box of that shape.

Then I printed off photos I'd took of each side of their house and scaled the photos stuck them on the house and it looked pretty good.

The fact that I'd gone to all that trouble really made an impression.

Just a thought if you get stuck  -I'm sure your dad would appreciate the effort.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2020, 03:53:39 pm »
Try someone like ones of these, they make models for railways

https://www.brunelmodels.co.uk/?page_id=44

http://www.bespokemodelbuildings.co.uk/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3 on: September 6, 2020, 09:33:39 am »
It is my Dads 70th birthday this year and I was hoping to get him some models of the 3 graces to add to a 00 gauge model railway he is building.

Any ideas of where I may be able to source this from or anyone to contact? Not having much joy on line.

Thank you for any help

Even oo gauge they'll turn out pretty large. Have you calculated if he's got the space to accommodate them.

If you're planning a Mersey theme why not build the BMD fantasy stadium as well? ;D

Rob's suggestions look really interesting.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2020, 10:25:56 am »
Thank you all for the help.

SHP - Lets keep this realistic and leave the blue fantasydome out of it!! In terms of sapce he has built a summer house in the garden for it and there is tonnes of empty space currently.

Liverpool Gift Company on Allerton Road have got back and sounds promising. The ones above and a couple of others all not taking on new work currently due to Covid Backlogs.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5 on: September 7, 2020, 10:30:12 am »
Thank you all for the help.

SHP - Lets keep this realistic and leave the blue fantasydome out of it!! In terms of sapce he has built a summer house in the garden for it and there is tonnes of empty space currently.

Liverpool Gift Company on Allerton Road have got back and sounds promising. The ones above and a couple of others all not taking on new work currently due to Covid Backlogs.

Built a summerhouse! That's dedication.

I spent a few weeks cataloging a collection of over 50 boxed and unused engines and other kit for a bloke who died of Covid. Sadly not only hadn't he even started on his layout he died before seeing us win the league - he also left a collection of over 40 Liverpool shirts.