Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1738751 times)

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #2840 on: May 14, 2021, 09:54:08 am »
Literally and statistically he does - a lot more. It's just that those statistics are bullshit and predicated on the bent refs in the Premier League.

Salah is one of the most manhandled footballers on the planet.

In other news, bastion of journalistic precision MEN reporting that City have decided that Grealish and Andre Silva are top targets this summer, with Lautaro and Declan Rice also under consideration. They're also reported to be considering exercising their option to bring Douglas Luiz back from Villa (their last opportunity to do so) or alternatively look at Sassuolo's Locatelli.

Manuel Locatelli is an interesting one, Man City aren't massive for dipping into Serie A, but he's one of the best deep lying midfielders in Serie A not at one of the top sides. Very tidy passer and sturdy defensive numbers. He is another Rodri though in my book and won't tear up any trees. I'd rather they did go for him than exercised their option to bring back the much more dynamic Douglas Luiz.

City in the transfer market are always curious to me. They don't actually tend to go for the very obvious superstar signings. They spend a fortune, obviously, and think nothing of adding several £50m players at one time, but they've yet to really push the boat out on a huge individual fee under Guardiola. They absolutely have the financial muscle to get Haaland this summer, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they look elsewhere.

So something like Locatelli, Grealish and Silva, while very good, isn't utterly terrifying either. Don't get me wrong, it'll make an already brilliant squad that much stronger, but you feel it could be a lot worse for rivals.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2841 on: May 14, 2021, 10:06:15 am »
City in the transfer market are always curious to me. They don't actually tend to go for the very obvious superstar signings. They spend a fortune, obviously, and think nothing of adding several £50m players at one time, but they've yet to really push the boat out on a huge individual fee under Guardiola. They absolutely have the financial muscle to get Haaland this summer, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they look elsewhere.

So something like Locatelli, Grealish and Silva, while very good, isn't utterly terrifying either. Don't get me wrong, it'll make an already brilliant squad that much stronger, but you feel it could be a lot worse for rivals.
Maybe they think what they're doing is less obvious if they don't attract the attention that comes with purchasing players in that price bracket. And it gets idiots cooing about the fees for VVD and so and ignoring City's wider spending cheating. They did still spend £65m on Ruben Dias, £60m on De Bruyne, £61m on Mahrez, £58m on Cancelo and £58m on Aymeric Laporte as their top 5 all time signings. They then have another 8 signings who cost between £45m and £55m.

In contrast, we have only ever spent more than £50m on an individual player twice - VVD and Alisson, then we have Naby Keita, Fabinho and Jota all hovering between £40m and £45m, before a big drop off to Carroll, Benteke, Salah, Sadio and Bobby, the latter two of which weren't even quite £30m.

In fact, the combined value of our top 10 signings, all time, is £400m. Our top 20 combined is £570m and includes the likes of Robbie Keane, Stewart Downing and Lazar Markovic.

Their top 10 is £620m. Their top 20 is £1bn, and no player was less than £33m (Edin Dzeko).

Good fun.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2842 on: May 14, 2021, 10:13:41 am »
Maybe they think what they're doing is less obvious if they don't attract the attention that comes with purchasing players in that price bracket. And it gets idiots cooing about the fees for VVD and so and ignoring City's wider spending cheating. They did still spend £65m on Ruben Dias, £60m on De Bruyne, £61m on Mahrez, £58m on Cancelo and £58m on Aymeric Laporte as their top 5 all time signings. They then have another 8 signings who cost between £45m and £55m.

In contrast, we have only ever spent more than £50m on an individual player twice - VVD and Alisson, then we have Naby Keita, Fabinho and Jota all hovering between £40m and £45m, before a big drop off to Carroll, Benteke, Salah, Sadio and Bobby, the latter two of which weren't even quite £30m.

In fact, the combined value of our top 10 signings, all time, is £400m. Our top 20 combined is £570m and includes the likes of Robbie Keane, Stewart Downing and Lazar Markovic.

Their top 10 is £620m. Their top 20 is £1bn, and no player was less than £33m (Edin Dzeko).

Good fun.

Oh absolutely, they spend a fortune. And have the ability to sign multiple £40-60m players every summer - more importantly, they can take the hit if the player doesn't work and just sign someone else the next summer. And of course they don't sell well, because they don't really need to. That's the difference.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: May 14, 2021, 10:19:58 am »
Oh absolutely, they spend a fortune. And have the ability to sign multiple £40-60m players every summer - more importantly, they can take the hit if the player doesn't work and just sign someone else the next summer. And of course they don't sell well, because they don't really need to. That's the difference.
Which again begs the question, how exactly are they manoeuvring around FFP? Oh yeah, of course, all the cheating. Silly me.

They could easily afford Haaland, like you say, but instead you could see them going Silva, Rice and whatever new defender Pep fancies for the same total price.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2844 on: May 14, 2021, 11:14:06 am »
As others have said they seem to accumulate several very good quality £40-65m players per window every window without ever going for the most expensive star types,no doubt a deliberate strategy to deflect from the fact they dwarf everyone else in spending.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2846 on: May 14, 2021, 06:32:58 pm »
As others have said they seem to accumulate several very good quality £40-65m players per window every window without ever going for the most expensive star types,no doubt a deliberate strategy to deflect from the fact they dwarf everyone else in spending.

It’s Guardiola too though isn’t he. He’s all about the machine. The super star player doesn’t really fit that necessarily.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2847 on: May 14, 2021, 06:55:06 pm »
Literally and statistically he does - a lot more. It's just that those statistics are bullshit and predicated on the bent refs in the Premier League.

Salah is one of the most manhandled footballers on the planet.

In other news, bastion of journalistic precision MEN reporting that City have decided that Grealish and Andre Silva are top targets this summer, with Lautaro and Declan Rice also under consideration. They're also reported to be considering exercising their option to bring Douglas Luiz back from Villa (their last opportunity to do so) or alternatively look at Sassuolo's Locatelli.

Manuel Locatelli is an interesting one, Man City aren't massive for dipping into Serie A, but he's one of the best deep lying midfielders in Serie A not at one of the top sides. Very tidy passer and sturdy defensive numbers. He is another Rodri though in my book and won't tear up any trees. I'd rather they did go for him than exercised their option to bring back the much more dynamic Douglas Luiz.

Hope they don't get Lautaro, he will be a perfect Aguero replacement. Better he moves to Barca.

On Locatelli, he is better than Rodri who I think is a bit of a liability. They will want to replace Fernandino, so Locatelli makes sense. Its weird that AC Milan did not instill a buyback clause as it was clear he was highly talented (they apparently pushed him out and got Bakayoko, just shows the mismanagement at the club).
True North Strong

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: May 14, 2021, 10:39:32 pm »

Hope they don't get Lautaro, he will be a perfect Aguero replacement. Better he moves to Barca.

On Locatelli, he is better than Rodri who I think is a bit of a liability. They will want to replace Fernandino, so Locatelli makes sense. Its weird that AC Milan did not instill a buyback clause as it was clear he was highly talented (they apparently pushed him out and got Bakayoko, just shows the mismanagement at the club).
I didn’t know that, dreadful from Milan as you say. Yeah I like Locatelli more than Rodri, I just think he’s a similar quality level. Perhaps a bit more dynamic a passer, Rodri is a sideways and safe merchant.

Leeds being linked to a move for Stuttgart’s Borna Sosa, the Croatian left back who has 9 assists in only 1890 minutes this season, so roughly 21 matches. I’ve really liked the look of him and have seen a decent bit of Stuttgart in wanting to watch Silas and Gonzalez. He would be a clever pick up by Leeds. 23, good stats in a good league, versatile and looks comfortable in midfield too. Genuinely left footed and good progressives. Haven’t seen him really have to defend so I can’t say on that side of things.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: May 15, 2021, 05:07:54 am »
I didn’t know that, dreadful from Milan as you say. Yeah I like Locatelli more than Rodri, I just think he’s a similar quality level. Perhaps a bit more dynamic a passer, Rodri is a sideways and safe merchant.

Leeds being linked to a move for Stuttgart’s Borna Sosa, the Croatian left back who has 9 assists in only 1890 minutes this season, so roughly 21 matches. I’ve really liked the look of him and have seen a decent bit of Stuttgart in wanting to watch Silas and Gonzalez. He would be a clever pick up by Leeds. 23, good stats in a good league, versatile and looks comfortable in midfield too. Genuinely left footed and good progressives. Haven’t seen him really have to defend so I can’t say on that side of things.

If Leeds are looking to sign you you’re probably not a good defender :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2850 on: May 15, 2021, 05:10:02 am »
If Leeds are looking to sign you you’re probably not a good defender :D
Give them my number, mate, I'd sign up for them. Though I'd be 55 and I'm not sure I'd be that useful...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2851 on: May 15, 2021, 07:24:46 am »
So somehow instead of dealing with their monstrous debt problem Barca are going to try to sign Haaland.  Can’t see it but that seems to be the rumor.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: May 15, 2021, 08:59:12 am »
So somehow instead of dealing with their monstrous debt problem Barca are going to try to sign Haaland.  Can’t see it but that seems to be the rumor.
He visited them on his round trip of European super clubs. Or should I say his agent and father did. Apparently the move would be contingent on Messi staying. They can’t afford it, like you say. Even next summer at €70m, his wages would be even more prohibitive than they would be this year, at €150m transfer fee.

Posturing by the new board. Realistically the teams that can afford him are PSG, Man City, Chelsea, maybe Man Utd.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2853 on: May 15, 2021, 11:44:03 pm »
Leeds United linked with Matheus Cunha from Hertha. Someone who we should be also looking at as potential Firmino's successor, and as a realistic target this summer ...

https://youtu.be/hZXzN-0sjyk

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2854 on: May 17, 2021, 09:19:51 pm »
Kane moving is pretty huge news for the league

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2855 on: May 17, 2021, 09:31:52 pm »

FFP will ensure he doesn’t go to City or Chelsea 😳 - so it looks like Utd.🤫😆
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2856 on: May 17, 2021, 09:35:53 pm »
Indeed. If they do sell, it’ll suddenly make Spurs competitive for two or three players that they otherwise wouldn’t have had a prayer of getting. Or they might do something stupid like spend 80% of it on one single statement signing.

The shit they’re in, they should be looking at targeting two or three quality young additions and trying to rebuild from there.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2857 on: May 17, 2021, 09:36:19 pm »
FFP will ensure he doesn’t go to City or Chelsea 😳 - so it looks like Utd.🤫😆
Sir Harry of Kane to Divechester United. He'll be in a good company - Pogba, Martial, Fernandes, James, and the list goes on. Oh brother, what a dive for the title those will be... ;D

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2858 on: May 17, 2021, 09:36:35 pm »

Football wise he makes lots of sense for City but not sure he makes financial sense for anyone

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2859 on: May 17, 2021, 09:59:08 pm »
Football wise he makes lots of sense for City but not sure he makes financial sense for anyone
Of course it does. Some defying description oil company will just sponsor a patch on City's underwear for 200m quid, and it's all within FFP rules.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: May 17, 2021, 10:12:42 pm »

He will end up at Man Utd, and won't solve any of their real problems ...

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2861 on: May 17, 2021, 10:16:01 pm »
He prefers to stay in PL, so only realistic options are City, United and Chelsea (I don't know much about the rivalry between Spurs and Chelsea).

He would make a lot of sense for Chelsea as they need a goal scorer and have been linked to Lukaku.

But then I can see him joining City to guarantee titles, while City get a top class replacement for Aguero. On the bright side, that would rule out Messi going to City.
True North Strong

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2862 on: May 17, 2021, 10:20:22 pm »
Can he even leave? His contract leaves him with very few cards to play.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: May 17, 2021, 10:21:32 pm »

If Tottenham are smart, they will sell ...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2864 on: May 17, 2021, 10:38:06 pm »
The ball is in Spurs' court, they don't have to sell him, unless they are in dire financial straights due to the pandemic, but equally they won't want him going on the cheap, they will want to maximise his sell value, whether that is this year or next. Do they risk keeping an unhappy player for one more season, knowing he could be an injury away from nobody wanting him given his age and dodgy ankles.

We kept an unhappy player in Suarez and he very nearly won us the league in the next season, we did the same with Coutinho but we cashed in on him in January for top dollar that financed Virgil and Ali
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2865 on: May 17, 2021, 10:39:41 pm »
If Tottenham are smart, they will sell ...
the problem is though it may set about a chain reaction, Son would then probably not sign a new contract and he would want to leave too plus he's pretty much irreplaceable to Spurs
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2866 on: May 17, 2021, 10:41:43 pm »

Which is why I dont understand players who sign new long term contracts with no contract clauses. Sure, they may get paid less, possibly, but it would allow them to move on, more or less on their terms. I don't have sympathy for him if he doesnt get his move, same with Zaha

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2867 on: May 17, 2021, 11:00:42 pm »
the problem is though it may set about a chain reaction, Son would then probably not sign a new contract and he would want to leave too plus he's pretty much irreplaceable to Spurs

This is probably the last summer Tottenham can get big money for Kane. He is turning 28, and his ankles are not getting any better. If they reinvest the money wisely, they could start their rebuilding quickly ...

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2868 on: May 17, 2021, 11:23:47 pm »
Indeed. If they do sell, it’ll suddenly make Spurs competitive for two or three players that they otherwise wouldn’t have had a prayer of getting. Or they might do something stupid like spend 80% of it on one single statement signing.

The shit they’re in, they should be looking at targeting two or three quality young additions and trying to rebuild from there.

Yup.... I think they’d sell but suspect they might struggle to get an offer that matches their expectations. Suspect he might be there next season

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2869 on: May 17, 2021, 11:47:07 pm »
Kanes a United player, utter twattish Tory, suits them down to the ground
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2870 on: May 18, 2021, 12:09:48 am »

The problem Spurs have is that they have the millstone of their stadium debt hanging over them and one and a half seasons with no match revenue. I think if they bring someone in, it will be for a fraction of the Kane fee with the rest serving their debts.

Also it should be noted the last three times Spurs were in this position (selling a key player(s) for significant money) they frittered away a lot of it.

2008/09 sold Keane to Liverpool for £19m and Berbatov to Man Utd for £30m.

Summer signings - Luka Modric (£16m), Giovanni dos Santos (£5m), Heurelho Gomes (£7.8m), David Bentley (£15m), Roman Pavlyuchenko (£14m), Vedran Corluka (£8m)

Ended up spending £21m resigning Keane and Defoe in January, as well as £4.5m on Chimbonda and £12m on Wilson Palacios

2012/13 - Sold Luka Modric for £33m

Summer signings -  Gylfi Sigurdsson (£8m), Jan Vertonghen (£9.5m), Mousa Dembele (£15m), Emmanuel Adebayor (£5m), Hugo Lloris (£12m+£4m), Clint Dempsey (£6m)

2013/14 - Sold Gareth Bale for £85m

Summer signings -  Paulinho (£17m), Nacer Chadli (£7m), Roberto Soldado (£26m), Etienne Capoue (£9m), Vlad Chiriches (£8.5m), Erik Lamela (£30m), Christian Eriksen (£11.5m)

In 2012/13, they were bailed out by Bale turning into a superstar. The following year, Kane emerged to help them out. Not sure that they have an in-house solution available at the moment to solve the problem of replacing Kane.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2871 on: May 18, 2021, 01:37:04 am »

That used to be their MO back in that time though and it worked reasonably well.

Like you mention signings of key players like Dembele, Eriksen, Modric, Verthongen etc were funded by selling their superstar players.

Their success rate with transfers was never that high but they never paid very high fees or salaries for most of those who flopped.

I suspect they will do something similar with Kane money, spend it on 4-5 players in the 20million bracket, rejuvenate their squad and hope 1 or 2 of them turn out to be a superstar.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2872 on: May 18, 2021, 01:51:06 am »
Just noticed Thauvin is joining Tigres on a free. Quite a coup for them. He turned down a five-year extension from Marseille

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2873 on: May 18, 2021, 02:18:19 am »
Just noticed Thauvin is joining Tigres on a free. Quite a coup for them. He turned down a five-year extension from Marseille

They have form for this. They also signed Gignac a few years ago from Marseille and he has been banging goals for fun ever since. He might even be their highest scorer of all time.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2874 on: May 18, 2021, 02:40:31 am »
They have form for this. They also signed Gignac a few years ago from Marseille and he has been banging goals for fun ever since. He might even be their highest scorer of all time.

He is and apparently Gignac is the one who convinced Thauvin to play in Mexico

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2875 on: May 18, 2021, 09:21:42 am »
I get why people are saying Spurs should take a huge fee for Kane and reinvest. We did it with Coutinho and got Virgil and Alisson, and were infinitely better as a result. But it's very easy to get these things wrong. Kane is their talisman, and while he's racking up the injuries, he's still an unreal goalscorer for them. I think they'll feel that selling him is a sign they're accepting their position, and Levy will be loathe to do that. Their history in the market is also ropey, so will they have confidence that they can reinvest wisely? The last time they had a massive windfall with the Bale money they brought in plenty of players, but only Eriksen and Lamela could be deemed successes (and the latter has very much been a squad player, despite costing £30m some seven years ago).

So yeah, I think in theory they should take the Kane money and buy three brilliant players for the money, but I wouldn't trust them to pull that off - and I don't think they trust themselves either.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2876 on: May 18, 2021, 09:25:27 am »
I get why people are saying Spurs should take a huge fee for Kane and reinvest. We did it with Coutinho and got Virgil and Alisson, and were infinitely better as a result. But it's very easy to get these things wrong. Kane is their talisman, and while he's racking up the injuries, he's still an unreal goalscorer for them. I think they'll feel that selling him is a sign they're accepting their position, and Levy will be loathe to do that. Their history in the market is also ropey, so will they have confidence that they can reinvest wisely? The last time they had a massive windfall with the Bale money they brought in plenty of players, but only Eriksen and Lamela could be deemed successes (and the latter has very much been a squad player, despite costing £30m some seven years ago).

So yeah, I think in theory they should take the Kane money and buy three brilliant players for the money, but I wouldn't trust them to pull that off - and I don't think they trust themselves either.

Yep. Its one thing taking out an attacking midfielder and replacing them, its completely another taking out your primary goal threat and goal scorer. Coutinho was great for us at the time, but he was in no way essential to how we played.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2877 on: May 18, 2021, 09:45:58 am »
If we just signed Sancho and Konate I'd probably take that.

I still think Sancho can play in a midfield 3 with 2 more defensive minded players as well.

Would probably set us back £120m in total

But we have quite a few to sell reckon Keita will be highest profile player to be sold. But Chamberlain, Origi, Shaqiri, Grujic, Wilson could all go.

Modest net spend.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2878 on: May 18, 2021, 09:51:30 am »
Spurs basically get one opportunity to revamp their team with serious money assuming that their going to be struggling for money for a few years what with the stadium and everything. At the moment with Kane they're nowhere near a top 4 team. You can see why £100 million (assuming they get to reinvest) might be seen as an acceptable risk. They've only got a Kane at this level for perhaps 2/3 more years anyway.

Origi, Shaqiri, Grujic, Wilson could all go.

They should all go. There's no reason to have any of them here in September. Ox should probably be sold as well sadly. He gave us some brilliant moments (as did Origi!).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2879 on: May 18, 2021, 09:52:14 am »
If we just signed Sancho and Konate I'd probably take that.

I still think Sancho can play in a midfield 3 with 2 more defensive minded players as well.

Would probably set us back £120m in total

But we have quite a few to sell reckon Keita will be highest profile player to be sold. But Chamberlain, Origi, Shaqiri, Grujic, Wilson could all go.

Modest net spend.

Its third on the list but we definitely need another midfielder. They have done much of the heavy lifting this season and not only are we losing reliability in Wijnaldum but also Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain are even further down the list in terms of how much the manager trusts them. Next season the only players in midfield in their 20's that he trusts would be Jones and Fabinho. 5 options for our 3 man midfield is not enough.