Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493318 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Not convinced by Neuhaus.  Think we already have someone in Thiago who does everything he does, but to a higher level, and the last thing our midfield needs is less speed.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Read something that Neuhaus wants to stay at Monchengladbach for another season. Which suggests to me he's holding out for Bayern in 2022.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Not convinced by Neuhaus.  Think we already have someone in Thiago who does everything he does, but to a higher level, and the last thing our midfield needs is less speed.
I like him but I agree with this largely, I don't think he's quite different enough, profile wise to advocate his signing over someone like Aouar, or even Bissouma potentially. They both offer something very different to the skillset already present in our midfield, I'm not sure Neuhaus does that, as much as I do like him.

The money is better spent elsewhere.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You just don;t want to get immoral, that's your problem DS.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
You just don;t want to get immoral, that's your problem DS.
I will drop my morals for Sancho or Mbappe. Any other signings, I'm morally impeachable.  ;)
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
i didn't want a new house anyway

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
I mean we spent pretty huge, and certainly as a portion of revenue it would be similar to spending £80m on a player this summer.

That was what I was getting at.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Strange wording that hitting the relatively reasonable release clause would be considered immoral.

Arsenal paid £35m odd for Xhaka 5 years ago, comparatively.

My guess is whatever the word in German was was translated literally to ‘immoral’ when it was probably meant to mean something like ‘loose’ or ‘crazy’. I’m sure someone with a better command of the German language than me (aka anyone) could clarify.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Just for clarification, what do people mean when they say 'they've spent'? Do they mean the owners or the club?

My rudimentary understanding (certainly pre-Covid, which has screwed everything up) is the club tends spends what it generates, be it on signing and keeping players or other ongoing costs it has. The stands and other long term capital expenditure are paid for via interest free loans which will eventually need to be paid back.

If we're talking about the owners, they don't put their own money into the club to sign players. So is that what people want?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Strange wording that hitting the relatively reasonable release clause would be considered immoral.

Arsenal paid £35m odd for Xhaka 5 years ago, comparatively.

can’t see anything on Bild Sport twitter about Neuheus today, so not sure where that’s been taken from.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's not from today mate but seeing as lot of the English media have been on the social media lockdown everyone is catching up on stories and rumours.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

It’s 18 months old
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
“ Liverpool’s cautious approach to the transfer market was designed to save funds for a “generational talent,” but the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has put paid to that.

That is according to Merseyside journalist Melissa Reddy, who has cast doubt over a move for Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, among others.”

From This is Anfield.

Absolutely pathetic. How stupid do they think we are. Reddy is nothing but a useful idiot. Parrots whatever the club want her to and seemingly can’t see she is being used to push their PR line.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Not a great shout, especially for anyone who thinks we could do with having less injuries next season, not more.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2021/05/writing-liverpool-signing-sergio-aguero/
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Who wants to get immoral?

Why would anyone pay more than the release clause ???
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Why would anyone pay more than the release clause ???

Arsenal would pay more.

They'd add another £1.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
If we're talking about the owners, they don't put their own money into the club to sign players. So is that what people want?

Would be nice for a change, wouldn't it?

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
Just for clarification, what do people mean when they say 'they've spent'? Do they mean the owners or the club?

My rudimentary understanding (certainly pre-Covid, which has screwed everything up) is the club tends spends what it generates, be it on signing and keeping players or other ongoing costs it has. The stands and other long term capital expenditure are paid for via interest free loans which will eventually need to be paid back.

1000000% percent they should use some of their own money to add to our transfer budget in the summer. If FSG are serious about us remaining as PL contenders next season and beyond then we need to spend around £150m on 3-4 players in the summer.  Sancho, Konate, Bissouma, Vlahovic. If FSG cannot afford to use some of their own funds to make that budget and not entirely made from player sales then they aren't the owners for us to take us forward. Simple as that.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

But is that the crux of the argument? That they don't invest their own money?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

That wasn't how the discussion started today, but it often is the issue.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

Very occasionally it would be handy. Like in January when the season was collapsing around us where was the money? I get they don’t want to be bankrolling the club but get us something when we absolutely are desperate. Poor from them really, whether you’re happy with FSG or not.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That wasn't how the discussion started today, but it often is the issue.

I was just talking generally mate, not necessarily what was being discussed earlier, although they're obviously related. I just want to make sure I understand the complaints when people say they aren't spending money.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Mr. Kieta's agent needs to stfu me thinks.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was just talking generally mate, not necessarily what was being discussed earlier, although they're obviously related. I just want to make sure I understand the complaints when people say they aren't spending money.

I don’t actually have an issue with them not spending their own money, they don't have to! So long as the money earnt is going back into the club, and if they aren’t taking it out then all good.

I do take issue sometimes to one or two who go to such sometimes bizarre lengths to make out they are near on faultless and do indeed spend money.

Like Gerry said, in January, it sort of would have been nice for them to have done something more to help. It was a pretty unique situation and the club could have done with something changing in the approach in that instant.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
i think what may have happened in January was we had Konate deal done so we were hoping to wait until the summer.
Then Matip as many could have predicted got injured again.

Kabak at the start of the window would have been good.

If we got him earlier we would have beat Leicester imo. That mistake would not have happened.

I think this  summer FSG will spend over 100m.
Think we wil make about 3 30-40m range signings
Maybe Kabak for 18m as well

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
Hard to believe we will spend 100m. We barely spent when rolling in CL cash, reckon we are back to that depressing 30m net spend era that we had from 2010-2016.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
the same journalists that said Thiago wasn't going to happen.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
the same journalists that said Thiago wasn't going to happen.

So its happening?

I wont do the gif

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
Assuming Konate is pretty much done, if there was a choice between spending £30m-40m apiece on a midfielder and forward or spending £70m-80m on Sancho, I’d take Sancho.

I don’t think there’s any real chance of us signing him, but I’d be happy with Konate and Sancho and then going with what we’ve got in midfield for next season, minus Wijnaldum. Dortmund like us, just tell them we’ll take Sancho this summer and come back for Bellingham next summer.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Mr. Kieta's agent needs to stfu me thinks.

Not his agent. Someone who was involved with his first transfer, apparently. Probably was asked about Keita and gave his opinion rather than repeating Naby's frustrations.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
On Jadon Sancho

The debts of Jürgen Klopp's club are "only" 272 million euros. Recently, the Reds were rather cautious on the transfer market.

Honigstein (including The Athletic UK) says: "I cannot imagine Liverpool, especially since the money for a Sancho transfer is simply not there. A new dynamic could only come into the matter if Mo Salah leaves."

This is what Liverpool reporter Melissa Reddy (including The Independent) says:

"Liverpool had been interested in Jadon Sancho for a long time - they were very excited when he was with Manchester City and wanted to leave, but the club knew that a sale to a rival would never have been approved. The England international's move to Borussia Dortmund only hardened their interest in him because of the way he played, the physical demands of the league and the offensive responsibility he took on at a young age. "

Before the global pandemic, Liverpool "acted cautiously on the transfer market to create reserves should a generation talent or a real difference player be available at the right time for the right price. The club bought Diogo Jota to bolster the attack, but this Awareness that the offensive trio Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah was outplayed and is not getting any younger. "

Reddy continues: "Sancho's excellent performances at BVB have exploded its value to a point that was unrealistic for Liverpool. Now with an exit clause, it is an unlikely deal because of the financial situation as a result of Covid. Liverpool do not play expensive poker games, either like City, Manchester United or Chelsea, who can afford it. The transfers last summer were all on flexible terms. The Wolves, for example, only accepted around ten percent of the guaranteed transfer fee for Jota for the first year of his transfer. "

One way to fund the refresh of the squad would be "to sell a top striker (as in the case of Coutinho, who was sold for Van Dijk and Alisson transfers), but it's not a buyer's market. Real Madrid and Barcelona, usually targets of such top talent are deep in debt. Liverpool have more pressing priorities to improve their squad,
such as defensive, so it would be difficult to picture Sancho at Anfield, especially when it comes to betting. "

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/dfb-pokal/2021/05/jadon-sancho-beim-bvb-verkaeuflich-schlagen-manunited-chelsea-oder-reds-zu

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I doubt either really know what money we do or don't have - we're hardly going to make that clear to journos as being rich in this market is only going to see you get stung when there are deals to be had.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Honigstein and Reddy saying that Sancho isn't possible for us, with the former saying it only is if we sell Salah. They feel like opinion pieces to me.

Well, that is hardly rocket science. Signing Sancho would cost over £200 million, and we already have Salah, Mane and Jota who are playing in the wide attacking positions. If we are spending on an attacker this summer, it will be on a centre forward ...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Well, that is hardly rocket science. Signing Sancho would cost over £200 million, and we already have Salah, Mane and Jota who are playing in the wide attacking positions. If we are spending on an attacker this summer, it will be on a centre forward ...

Where is this £200m figure coming from?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Not his agent. Someone who was involved with his first transfer, apparently. Probably was asked about Keita and gave his opinion rather than repeating Naby's frustrations.

Still needs to stfu.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Where is this £200m figure coming from?

Peter has decided that Sancho would be commanding a contract worth about 350k a week.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Let me just do my sums....

Nope, gonna need to explain that one Mac_Red
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

1000000% percent they should use some of their own money to add to our transfer budget in the summer. If FSG are serious about us remaining as PL contenders next season and beyond then we need to spend around £150m on 3-4 players in the summer.  Sancho, Konate, Bissouma, Vlahovic. If FSG cannot afford to use some of their own funds to make that budget and not entirely made from player sales then they aren't the owners for us to take us forward. Simple as that.

I guess it depends on what you want or expect.

I'm personally ok with us spending what we earn (but wouldn't be complaining if the owners were to invest their own funds into the club), I'd much prefer that to various other scenarios that could very well present themselves (them taking dividends out of the club without investing, an LBO which leads to our funds going to service debt which we had not too long ago etc). And If that means that there's less money to spend on players, I'm absolutely fine with that. I like knowing that our club is stable and I don't get too hung up on spending money the club doesn't have. If that means we don't win the league next season, I'm fine with that. I'll enjoy it when we win, I'll get pissed off if we lose and either way Ill look forward to the next game. If we don't win the league or the Champions League, we can try again next season and if we don't qualify for the Champions League, well that's a bit rubbish but we'll try again next season.

Like I said, I guess it depends on what your expectations are.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Arsenal would pay more.

They'd add another £1.

What was that clause and how did we get away with ignoring it?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258