Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2492224 times)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Throw in Minamino & Keita.
Only if they add Haaland as well.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Throw in Minamino & Keita.

Why not Ojo, Karius, Woodburn, Awoniyi and the rest too?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Hope we get Sancho, he's a generational talent.

He's a poor second choice because we're too cheap to pry Almiron away from Newcastle.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
20m for Ox?

That would be a great price for selling domestically, especially so for a German team

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
do people see Ox attracting interest on his wage?

I think he will be a hard player to move on

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
20m for Ox?

That would be a great price for selling domestically, especially so for a German team

It was 20m EUROS, not yer GREAT BRITISH POUNDS

If we convert that to GREAT BRITISH POUNDS, it's about £19.9m

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Why not Ojo, Karius, Woodburn, Awoniyi and the rest too?
Karius would be worth his weight in gold to whoever buys him from us.  Incredibly valuable to get a free concussion substitution in every match.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Karius would be worth his weight in gold to whoever buys him from us.  Incredibly valuable to get a free concussion substitution in every match.

:lmao

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Karius would be worth his weight in gold to whoever buys him from us.

There's no way we'd get anywhere near £3.8m for him.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Well fichajes.net are reporting that Dortmund want Ox for €20m, so a) we can sort a swap for Sancho, no problem; and b) if it's in fichajes.net, it must be true.

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/dortmund-pone-ojos-oxlade-camberlain-liverpool-klopp-haaland-sancho-20210502.html

Deal.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤

OK, lets do a small lesson ...

duscuss further ...

On the right? Or, slotted in the middle?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
What's the point of discussing sancho and mbappe over and over again when we haven't a hope of signing either?

FIFA 21
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Doing my FIFA 21 transfers i would like,

Nuno Mendes
Ibrahim Konate (Not seen him play but Klopps wants him so good enough for me)
One of Youri Tielimans/Koke/Carlos Soler
Raphina
Ansu Fati/Rodrygo

Sorted.

;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1389980681917378570

Le Parisen is very reliable.

Can definitely see them targeting Salah. But I dont think we will sell.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!

It is but no real quotes just specualtion or a shitstir because Mbappe is off.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan

Only club that could realistically buy him. Feels a bit like someone is adding 2 and 2 together but who knows.

I don't see Mbappe moving, both Barca and Real dont have a pot to piss in, where is he supposed to go?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Only club that could realistically buy him. Feels a bit like someone is adding 2 and 2 together but who knows.

I don't see Mbappe moving, both Barca and Real dont have a pot to piss in, where is he supposed to go?

Mbappe would be crazy to move now anyway. He will be the grand old age of 23 or something next season, just leave on a free, line your pockets and choose your club.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Mbappe would be crazy to move now anyway. He will be the grand old age of 23 or something next season, just leave on a free, line your pockets and choose your club.

He can do that anyway.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
He can do that anyway.

He will get less money than if he left next season. Also more clubs will be able to get him next season.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
He will get less money than if he left next season. Also more clubs will be able to get him next season.

More does not matter he only wants a couple.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
Mbappe to Chelsea would be such an obvious fit, for many reasons:

The Nike factor (which some of our lot cling to)
One of the most exciting young squads in Europe
Former manager in place
French players
The London factor
Consistent success over 20+ years (they were winning domestic and European trophies in the years before Roman, don't forget)
Guaranteed funding to keep them challenging

Take your rose tinted glasses off, and look at it logically - if you were Mbappe would you rather join an ever improving squad with the likes of Mount, Chilwell, James, Havertz and Werner, or an ageing Liverpool/Madrid/Barca, all of which will need major surgery in most areas of the pitch in the near future.

I'm not saying we can't still attract top players because we quite clearly can (even without CL next season), but we need to be honest with ourselves and admit we're no longer the girl all the boys want to dance with.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

Former manager in place
French players
The London factor
Consistent success over 20+ years (they were winning domestic and European trophies in the years before Roman, don't forget)

Take your rose tinted glasses off, and look at it logically - if you were Mbappe would you rather join an ever improving squad with the likes of Mount, Chilwell, James, Havertz and Werner, or an ageing Liverpool/Madrid/Barca, all of which will need major surgery in most areas of the pitch in the near future.

I'm not saying we can't still attract top players because we quite clearly can (even without CL next season), but we need to be honest with ourselves and admit we're no longer the girl all the boys want to dance with.

Several of those are complete and utter bollocks. With all due respect. French players, Nike and London is not a footballing reason but a personal one.

We are current league champions. We have also some absolute world class players. Are you having any Chelsea player over Alisson, Trent, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah, Robertson etc?

Are you having Tuchel over Klopp.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 08:11:52 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
How is that still here :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
A Cup Winners’ Cup.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
4 trophies I believe in 15 years prior to Roman joining apparently.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan

Former manager in place
French players
The London factor

You missed the main three reasons - money, money, money.

You are right though. We are not the massive draw we like to think we are sadly. Especially not without CL football.

Thiago is the only major star from a major club I can remember us signing for ages.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I thought he was leaving PSG as wanted to play for a proper club?

Chelsea is hardly that. Basically the London version of them.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are you having Tuchel over Klopp.

I'm all in on the Mbappe 2022 train, but I do think this whole players will pick LFC because of Klopp logic is flawed in that he already stated he will only manage until the end of his contract. I think for some players, that could be a deterrent in that it may signal uncertainties in the club within the lifetime of their contract, usually around 5 to 6 years.

I'm more inclined to think that players will buy in to LFC if there is a coherent plan going forward for the player which they can buy into. A project if you will. And I think this summer will be very crucial to that, in that we are probably going to refresh major areas of our squad with younger players who can also contribute in the long run. But the lack of CL will hurt our prospects I think, especially as many younger stars are a lot more impatient in trying to establish their legacy.

So I get the Chelsea shout, but then again Chelsea have always been major players in any transfer market. If you think about the type of players they have been able to attract after their recent 'barren' spell, it's not too far fetched to think what they could be capable of in the coming seasons.

But whatever. #Mbappe2022.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
I don’t think Chelsea get Mbappe... think he goes to Madrid on a free next year and they build their rebuild around him.

I do think they get sancho this summer though, unfortunately.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
I have heard Mbappe say it would be a dream to play with Reece James.

If only we had a right back of that calibre. Such a shame.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have heard Mbappe say it would be a dream to play with Reece James.

If only we had a right back of that calibre. Such a shame.

;D

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Mbappe is completely out of our league in financial terms lets be honest.

Yes he watches our league and has said nice things about us that isnt saying I want to play for LFC.

I think like most he will go to Madrid within a year the only other possible team is Man City but i'd say thats unlikely.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t think Chelsea get Mbappe... think he goes to Madrid on a free next year and they build their rebuild around him.

I do think they get sancho this summer though, unfortunately.

Chelsea are pretty stacked in attack, surely they prioritise centreback and centre mid this summer?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
I thought he was leaving PSG as wanted to play for a proper club?

Chelsea is hardly that. Basically the London version of them.

Chelsea has London + pay huge wages and a squad on the up. Most players today know the Mourinho era Chelsea with Drogba not the club they were in the 90s or earlier

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Chelsea are pretty stacked in attack, surely they prioritise centreback and centre mid this summer?

I’d still expect them to to strengthen there yes but reports are also saying Abramovich is reinvigorated and wants to push this team forward etc.

Sadly I expect them to get a top CB, too CM and one of Sancho/Haaland this summer... they’ll likely have the best squad next season and push on all fronts. Makes our summer plans so much more pivotal if it’s not to be another 2 horse race.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah Chelsea with one of Haaland/Sancho, a new CM and a top CB would be terrifying. Such a shame Lamps couldn't see out the season. A manager out of his depth if there ever was one.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm all in on the Mbappe 2022 train, but I do think this whole players will pick LFC because of Klopp logic is flawed in that he already stated he will only manage until the end of his contract. I think for some players, that could be a deterrent in that it may signal uncertainties in the club within the lifetime of their contract, usually around 5 to 6 years.

I'm more inclined to think that players will buy in to LFC if there is a coherent plan going forward for the player which they can buy into. A project if you will. And I think this summer will be very crucial to that, in that we are probably going to refresh major areas of our squad with younger players who can also contribute in the long run. But the lack of CL will hurt our prospects I think, especially as many younger stars are a lot more impatient in trying to establish their legacy.

So I get the Chelsea shout, but then again Chelsea have always been major players in any transfer market. If you think about the type of players they have been able to attract after their recent 'barren' spell, it's not too far fetched to think what they could be capable of in the coming seasons.

But whatever. #Mbappe2022.

If you cite uncertainty around Klopps tenure then that also more than applies to Chelsea. They change managers more than I change pants...

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea has London + pay huge wages and a squad on the up. Most players today know the Mourinho era Chelsea with Drogba not the club they were in the 90s or earlier

Our wage bill was £43m higher than Chelsea's in 2019-20. Sure a lot of it was performance related but we have consistently been one of the highest paying clubs the last few seasons. Salah will be on far more take home than any player at Chelsea imo

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

PSG has Paris + pay huge wages.

Regardless of Mourinho, they are still a no mark club when it comes to the European giants.