Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 257135 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Leicester City
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2019, 12:55:05 pm »
Mendy came on last night and looked excellent, think he could be his go-to midfielder.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2019, 01:35:36 pm »
Hope he's learned from his time with us and leaves the transfers to people who are hired to find the best players, if he sticks to coaching who he has rather than trying to pick his own players he should do really well.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2019, 02:28:27 pm »
Hope he does well, great fella. Met him outside Melwood a few times after he'd been for a jog. He talked to the fans and signed stuff with pleasure. Funny how somebody mentioned on here he was shorter than they expected, I thought the same!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2019, 05:51:32 pm »
Wonder how many  technicians he will sign?  will probably end up with more technicians than Manweb
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2019, 06:02:30 pm »
Wonder how many  technicians he will sign?  will probably end up with more technicians than Manweb

Old school this mate and brings back good memories.

I used to work for Manweb yonks ago. Been Scottish Power for ages now :)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2019, 07:03:04 pm »

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2019, 07:17:25 pm »
Someone was reminding me of the Neil Ashton - Daily Mail articles that were clearly from Rodgers briefing him.  "Still no explanation for how they valued Firmino at £29m" might go down as one of the stupidest things ever.  The man needs to be kept far away from recruitment.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2019, 07:27:17 pm »
I would put good money on them signing Joe Allen in the summer. Would be a good signing too.

Would imagine he will do well there. Good talented young squad with big ambitions.

Brendan, Kolo, Wee Joe.
Getting the band back together, on a mission from God.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2019, 12:04:16 am »
Someone was reminding me of the Neil Ashton - Daily Mail articles that were clearly from Rodgers briefing him.  "Still no explanation for how they valued Firmino at £29m" might go down as one of the stupidest things ever.  The man needs to be kept far away from recruitment.
I found that hard to believe so I googled it. Wow.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2019, 01:18:33 am »
from the man who insisted on spending more for benteke!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2019, 02:45:09 am »
I'll give my life to make the supporters proud of their club

Could get interesting

At least it's not a Latin quote.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2019, 02:52:02 pm »
It's always a tough one to sort out but who in the football business can be more inept and terrible at their jobs whilst getting away with it; refs or journos?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2019, 03:37:13 pm »
It's always a tough one to sort out but who in the football business can be more inept and terrible at their jobs whilst getting away with it; refs or journos?

One or two pundits maybe?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2019, 05:13:00 pm »
One or two pundits maybe?

The Holy Trinity.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2019, 05:31:24 pm »

To be fair you can ignore journalists, the only time I do pay any attention to them is when my piss drops below 99°c so I stick Sunday supplement on and 5 minutes later it's boiling again

Refs on the other hand.....

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2019, 05:43:01 pm »
To be fair you can ignore journalists, the only time I do pay any attention to them is when my piss drops below 99°c so I stick Sunday supplement on and 5 minutes later it's boiling again

Refs on the other hand.....

True, I only ever really take notice of them when they get quoted on here. Refs it is then.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2019, 06:29:45 pm »
Hope he's learned from his time with us and leaves the transfers to people who are hired to find the best players, if he sticks to coaching who he has rather than trying to pick his own players he should do really well.

Not gonna happen - he has way too big of an ego to allow that

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2019, 06:39:52 pm »
I wish Brendan well but for me his biggest failing is that he has no eye for a player, and that is a pretty big one for a football manager!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2019, 06:49:15 pm »
The question is, will he flip the triangle? Inquiring minds want to know.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2019, 06:51:45 pm »
I wish Brendan well but for me his biggest failing is that he has no eye for a player, and that is a pretty big one for a football manager!

Not in the modern age. As long as he lets others do that part for him, he'll be fine. He's an excellent coach of the players he has.

Unfortunately, though, he seems unable to give up that power.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2019, 06:58:50 pm »

he nicked me Speedos and blamed it on Marshy, But that's part of why I liked him.

Cant.....shake.......image of ......Coaches in Speedos.  Send.......pyschiatric.....help......immediately.  :o

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2019, 07:11:01 pm »
I think he'll be OK there but I do think he could've waited for a more interesting job. Celtic fans hate him now, rather churlishly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2019, 07:17:38 pm »
I think he'll be OK there but I do think he could've waited for a more interesting job. Celtic fans hate him now, rather churlishly.

I think Leicester is that job, if coming back to the prem was his intent - as it clearly was!

They already have the basis of a very good squad. Yes, there are problems of cousre - one of the big ones being too much player power, and it'll be interesting to see if he ousts a couple of the big egos like Vardy and Schmeichel in the summer.  But otherwise, there's a great platform there. Better than most other similar teams. I.E. those who want to be and expect to be competing for European places. 

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2019, 07:32:56 pm »
Cant.....shake.......image of ......Coaches in Speedos.  Send.......pyschiatric.....help......immediately.  :o

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2019, 07:34:48 pm »
Who did he sign while he was here and who was signed for him (that we know 100% rather than speculation)? because we signed some sublime players in his time here

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2019, 07:46:13 pm »
Who did he sign while he was here and who was signed for him (that we know 100% rather than speculation)? because we signed some sublime players in his time here

If you don't like Rodgers, then he didn't sign Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino, Clyne, Milner, Lovren or Lallana

If you do like him, then he didn't sign Markovic, Borini, Aspas, Illori, Mignolet or Benteke

;D ;D ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2019, 08:02:21 pm »
look at his hit rate vs the current ones, night and day

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2019, 08:04:40 pm »
Not in the modern age. As long as he lets others do that part for him, he'll be fine. He's an excellent coach of the players he has.

Unfortunately, though, he seems unable to give up that power.

Will he work with a director of football though, I'm assuming Leicester have one already installed?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2019, 08:06:20 pm »
I think Leicester is that job, if coming back to the prem was his intent - as it clearly was!

They already have the basis of a very good squad. Yes, there are problems of cousre - one of the big ones being too much player power, and it'll be interesting to see if he ousts a couple of the big egos like Vardy and Schmeichel in the summer.  But otherwise, there's a great platform there. Better than most other similar teams. I.E. those who want to be and expect to be competing for European places.

Yup those two have way too much power, Brendan would be smart to shift them on but not sure if thats possible.

They have some great young talent in the likes of

Chilwell, Soyuncu, Demarai Gray, Maddison, Pereira, Ndidi - all of them 22 or younger except for Perreira whos only 25 and I think the all around best RB in the league. And yes TAA is amazing and will be the best RB in the league but he still has learning to do on the defensive side of things. He is the best attacking RB in the league though.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2019, 08:06:27 pm »
look at his hit rate vs the current ones, night and day

We're operating red hot though, think the usual hit rate is about 50% according to Tomkins.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2019, 08:10:10 pm »
Rodgers may yet become a Liverpool legend come May 4th. Make it happen, Brendan.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2019, 08:11:23 pm »
Yup those two have way too much power, Brendan would be smart to shift them on but not sure if thats possible.

They have some great young talent in the likes of

Chilwell, Soyuncu, Demarai Gray, Maddison, Pereira, Ndidi - all of them 22 or younger except for Perreira whos only 25 and I think the all around best RB in the league. And yes TAA is amazing and will be the best RB in the league but he still has learning to do on the defensive side of things. He is the best attacking RB in the league though.

He doesn't have to shift them out. He just has to get them onside. If he does that, then he can get the rest on board too, and then phase them out as players get brought in.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2019, 08:11:41 pm »
Rodgers may yet become a Liverpool legend come May 4th. Make it happen, Brendan.

May the 4th be with him.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2019, 08:14:04 pm »

Just read that piece, it's horrendous.

There did was some disconnect between Rodgers and some others at the club when it came to transfers, him not knowing what to do with Firmino being a prime example of that translating on the pitch. And it did seem a case of Rodgers signing some players and others at the club signing others (from the outside anyway) Though I don't think it's as simple as him signing poor ones and the club signing all the better ones.

Either way, it's clear he's a better coach but for someone criticised for his arrogance, I wished he trusted himself more when he was here. At times, particularly after the summer of 2014, he seemed to lack confidence in the teams he put out and we didn't seem to have a defined style of play, though that wasn't entirely his fault.

Hope he does well at Leicester anyway. What is that three ex-Liverpool managers managing in the Premier League now? And one of them was feted as being one of England's best managers.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2019, 08:15:08 pm »

Coutinho, Firmino, Gomez, Milner and Sturridge (alas not consistently cos of injury) where the five top class players signed when he was here. Then some good ones like for example Clyne, Can, Lovren, Lallana (although like Studge, sadly hampered with injuries). Problem was, he signed 33 players in his 3 plus years here so the 'hit' rate was pretty poor.

As for who signed who, there's a lot of articles if you google 'Rodgers vs Transfer Committe', it's a minefield though!   

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2019, 08:26:52 pm »
Will he work with a director of football though, I'm assuming Leicester have one already installed?
had one for years, Jon rudkin
We're operating red hot though, think the usual hit rate is about 50% according to Tomkins.
there is a good reason why it’s red hot and that’s becsuse the manager/scouts/dof are all in sync, all know their roles and know their limitations, unlike before when it was only 2 of 3

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2019, 08:41:05 pm »
had one for years, Jon rudkinthere is a good reason why it’s red hot and that’s becsuse the manager/scouts/dof are all in sync, all know their roles and know their limitations, unlike before when it was only 2 of 3

Yes but it's an outlier, not the norm. I know why it's running hot but there's not many around running anywhere close.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2019, 08:45:10 pm »
Yes but it's an outlier, not the norm. I know why it's running hot but there's not many around running anywhere close.
theres a reason why it’s an outlier now but not before, almost as if one change turned it around...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2019, 08:54:24 pm »
What was the job title of Steve Walsh when he was there? I remember there being a big fuss from the bitters when he went there cos of the great work he did at Leicester. The state of the signigns he made for Everton, I'm guessing he wasn't that high up at Leicester  ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2019, 08:56:25 pm »
What was the job title of Steve Walsh when he was there? I remember there being a big fuss from the bitters when he went there cos of the great work he did at Leicester. The state of the signigns he made for Everton, I'm guessing he wasn't that high up at Leicester  ;D
he was head of recruitment I think but not the one who made the final call on transfers