Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 219531 times)

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1080 on: March 17, 2021, 12:44:10 pm »
Next England manager once Gareth makes a hash of the euros.

Not with Eddie Howe and Chris Wilder out of jobs, I'd put money on one of them being next England manager.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1081 on: March 17, 2021, 01:07:51 pm »
Not with Eddie Howe and Chris Wilder out of jobs, I'd put money on one of them being next England manager.

Lampard or Rooney
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1082 on: March 17, 2021, 01:45:54 pm »
Next England manager once Gareth makes a hash of the euros.

That’ll be Frank, or Chris Wilder if he’s still out of a job.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #1083 on: March 28, 2021, 02:06:17 pm »
Anyone got decent articles about his tactics? Found some stuff on Google but nothing really indepth.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: April 1, 2021, 12:35:31 pm »
Let’s be honest, rawk has never been the best place of judgment when it comes to Gerrard or English players.

The guy is doing wonders and is a leader, always has been and always will be. And unlike carra who didn’t like Rafa, gerrard is a winner more than anything and loves Rafa in terms of his tactical and manager knowledge.

I think regardless what happens, he will be a fantastic manager just because he is a fantastic leader.

Let’s not forget gerrard was the last one to speak during half time at Istanbul, the ability to motivate is what made Ferguson so good. Everyone used to say gerrard led by example, yet in reality every person who worked with him in the background said he was very local. He just wasn’t vocal on the pitch.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1085 on: May 3, 2021, 06:36:22 pm »
Another win over Celtic. Hope they manage to go the season unbeaten.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1086 on: May 3, 2021, 07:51:28 pm »
Really hope Gerrard can navigate through the Champions League qualifiers and get to the group stages. Would be great exposure for him. As an aside the SPL has earned 2 spots in the qualifying stage for next year and one automatic spot in the group stages for the 22/23 season.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: May 12, 2021, 09:42:03 am »
Steven Gerrard lands SFWA Manager of the Year prize
Gerrard beat Callum Davidson, Steve Clarke and David Martindale to the award

Steven Gerrard has been named the Scottish Football Writers’ Association’s top manager following his title success with Rangers.

Gerrard beat Callum Davidson, Steve Clarke and David Martindale to the SFWA William Hill Manager of the Year prize.

The Ibrox boss said: “I’m delighted to receive the award. I receive it collectively with my staff. I think that goes without saying because we are very much a team here.

“I think we have achieved the success we have this season as a team of staff and I thank all of you guys in the press for voting for me and I certainly cherish the award.” Gerrard admitted he had felt the burden of following past Ibrox managers before winning the title – and stopping Celtic claiming a record 10th consecutive crown.

“I think I said in my first press conference that I got a feeling about this offer,” he said. “I felt like there was a connection to be made.

“I had admired the club from afar for many years and I had been up here and sampled the atmosphere and what the supporters were about.

“But also I had the education to know what the institution was about and what it meant to the people and it was an opportunity that I couldn’t turn down.

“Having said that, when I first took the job you do feel the size of the job and the pressure and the responsibility of the role and that is because of the managers who have gone before – Walter (Smith) and Graeme Souness as two recent ones.

“And it is a tough position to be in because you have got to try and follow in their footsteps and try and add to the wonderful success they have had.

“To sit here now having produced a league, and an historic league, is ever so satisfying.” Clarke had been voted among the top four after leading Scotland to their first major tournament in 23 years.

Martindale made the list after winning his first eight games as Livingston boss, not tasting defeat until his 15th, reaching the Betfred Cup final and guiding the club into the top six.

The votes were cast before Davidson followed up his Betfred Cup success by leading St Johnstone into the Scottish Cup final to continue a remarkable debut season in management.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40287296.html

'A little secret’: Steven Gerrard admits to phone chats with Mr. Ferguson
>Rangers manager has taken advice from his former rival
>Former Liverpool captain Gerrard praises ‘iconic figure’

It is an alliance that will feel incongruous to many immersed in the bitter rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester United. But Steven Gerrard has revealed Mr. Ferguson has been on hand for advice during his tenure at Rangers.

In a Guardian interview published on Monday Ferguson hailed the “magnificent” work done by Gerrard, after the former Liverpool captain made Rangers champions of Scotland for the first time since 2011.

“It’s very high praise and I’m extremely flattered,” Gerrard said. “He’s an iconic figure in the game. Through no fault of our own we became big, big rivals at Liverpool and Manchester United, the two biggest clubs in British football.

“We were massive rivals for many years and he’s someone that even though he was a rival I looked up to him immensely because he is such an iconic figure in the game. What he achieved in the game is up there with the very best who have ever lived. So I’m really flattered and humbled by his words.”

It transpires the former Manchester United manager – and Rangers player – knows a little more about Gerrard’s three-year Ibrox tenure than he disclosed. Gerrard was speaking as he collected the William Hill Scottish Football Writers manager of the year award in Glasgow.

“I’ll let you into a little secret: I’ve had a couple of conversations with him,” Gerrard said. “Since I retired we have parked our rivalry up and he gave me time on the phone to bounce a few things off him, a few questions to do with the management up here at Rangers.

“He was fantastic in those conversations. At some point moving forward I’d love the chance to sit down with him and have a coffee. He’s agreed to that and that’s fantastic from his point of view because he doesn’t have to give me his time, especially being a rival. But I think that goes to show what type of man he is. He’s not just the iconic manager we all know.”

Gerrard has previously spoken about the value of leaning on the lauded former Rangers managers Graeme Souness and Walter Smith for support. “When you are trying to learn and you are striving to be better it isn’t just listening to these people after you have won a league,” he said.

“This has been a journey and sometimes you feel like you are going down the wrong road or you are hitting a few bumps or maybe you need some advice that is non-football related.

“I wouldn’t say they are all mentors – that is a bit too extreme – but it is nice to know that you can pick the phone up to someone that has been there and done it. When you are trying to learn and grow, to have people who have been so successful and who have gone through what I am going through now many, many times that is invaluable for me.”

Rangers have two games left, starting with the trip to Livingston on Wednesday, in what remains an unbeaten league season. “I don’t want to mark myself out of 10; I think that is for other people,” Gerrard said. “But I have just won an award for being the best manager amongst a set of fantastic coaches so obviously I am not doing too badly.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/12/rangers-steven-gerrard-phone-chats-sir-alex-ferguson
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: May 20, 2021, 09:40:34 am »
Steven Gerrard: Former Liverpool captain inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame

Liverpool icon Steven Gerrard inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame after fans' vote; midfielder scored 120 goals in 504 PL games; Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard and Dennis Bergkamp already inducted

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12311232/steven-gerrard-former-liverpool-captain-inducted-into-premier-league-hall-of-fame
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: May 20, 2021, 11:56:28 am »
Rival fans in tears because he's been inducted despite not winning the league.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: May 20, 2021, 12:05:19 pm »

Just goes to prove how good he is.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: May 20, 2021, 12:49:10 pm »
Just watching a video on his best goals and he was just a different class from outside the box. One of our greatest ever players and deservedly in the H.O.F

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: May 20, 2021, 03:23:17 pm »
I'm happy he was in the top 10

I think 7 is about right (with an unbiased hat on) but don't agree with Bergkamp ahead of him (maybe Viera). Giggs should have been 3rd name, despite his legal woes
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:25:46 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: May 20, 2021, 04:01:54 pm »
Does this Hall of Fame thing mean absolutely anything at all, or is it just designed to get kids of Twitter arguing?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: May 20, 2021, 04:10:21 pm »
Does this Hall of Fame thing mean absolutely anything at all, or is it just designed to get kids of Twitter arguing?

Probably the latter to be honest. It's American bollocks really

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1095 on: May 20, 2021, 04:58:48 pm »
A little disappointing we didnt get our internet terrorist hats on and get Fowler in too (although I suspect the PL may have just ignored the voting anyway and put in who they think should be)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: May 21, 2021, 10:30:19 am »

For an individual award (which this sort of thing is),  surely his quality overrides team achievements.

On quality,  he's the greatest player the league's ever had in terms of how complete he was.  On a global level even the likes of Matthaus didn't have some of the attributes Gerrard did. 

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1097 on: May 21, 2021, 11:02:25 am »

I was thinking that, they just seems to announce a new player every day. What's the point?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1098 on: May 21, 2021, 11:26:06 am »
When will the token Everton player be named?

And Rooney, the Manc, shouldn't count.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1099 on: May 21, 2021, 11:38:12 am »
well deserved Stevie lad

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: May 22, 2021, 11:34:34 am »
When will the token Everton player be named?

And Rooney, the Manc, shouldn't count.

If we're looking at several players per position, Leighton Baines might be worth a mention on merit, having had an excellent career in a position with relatively little competition. Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, and I struggle to think of too many others who've had better careers in the PL era.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #1101 on: May 22, 2021, 12:08:01 pm »
If we're looking at several players per position, Leighton Baines might be worth a mention on merit, having had an excellent career in a position with relatively little competition. Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, and I struggle to think of too many others who've had better careers in the PL era.

Not the longevity but a certain Andy Robertson has achieved more already.

Appreciate you were being Ev specific so yeah, fair

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: June 3, 2021, 01:18:15 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1103 on: June 3, 2021, 08:52:06 pm »

Everton fans are gonna be pissed their next manager's kid is wearing red.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: June 3, 2021, 09:53:47 pm »

What you on about,the 44,591 likes all came from Lille ip addresses.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: June 3, 2021, 09:56:14 pm »
The timing was a bit obvious, wasn't it? - linked to the Everton job, signals his reaction the next day.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: June 24, 2021, 10:55:49 am »
Linked to the Spurs job today. I wonder if he might fancy trying to build a team using the Kane money. He does like a transfer.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1107 on: June 24, 2021, 11:02:42 am »
Linked to the Spurs job today. I wonder if he might fancy trying to build a team using the Kane money. He does like a transfer.

Of all the “top” PL sides they are probably one of the most palatable that he could go to, so could def see him being interested.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1108 on: June 24, 2021, 11:14:10 am »
Of all the “top” PL sides they are probably one of the most palatable that he could go to, so could def see him being interested.

I reckon he’ll want at least one year in the Champions League with Rangers. Firstly to test himself in that competition but also leaving them now doesn’t seem his style.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #1109 on: July 1, 2021, 11:08:15 pm »
Fully realise I'm opening myself up to ridicule here, but I have promised my mate I'll do this. He's on holiday near Liverpool and has just bought a boat of an antique dealer. Dealer says boat once belonged to Steven Gerrard!  I know.  Mate wants it for his wedding business (bit of an escape to the chateau job) and is looking for provenance of boat.   Cos I'm a Liverpool fan he thinks I'll maybe be able to give Gerrard a shout!  None of us do Facebook or anything and I thought someone on here might just know if Gerrard did have a boat?  And if this is it!  Ps, if it is, and it's been nicked, let me know and Stevie can have it back no worries.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: July 1, 2021, 11:15:40 pm »
Aye,he used to have a side gig ferrying people cross the Mersey.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: July 9, 2021, 10:48:40 pm »
Look who paid a visit to Kirkby.  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1112 on: July 9, 2021, 10:51:17 pm »

Looks like he's carrying one of Pickford's arms...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: July 10, 2021, 09:06:53 am »

Official capacity as Rangers Manager? Talk of us playing them in a friendly isn't there?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: July 10, 2021, 01:18:52 pm »
Yes mate but they're also playing Tranmere. So using our facilities before Jurgen and the boys turn up.  :D

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1115 on: November 8, 2021, 11:17:53 am »
Is this the week he comes to the Premiership as a manager? Is it better for him to stay in place where he is, thereby avoiding taking on a poisoned chalice?.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2021, 11:25:58 am by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: November 8, 2021, 11:24:51 am »
Is this the week he comes to the Premiership as a manager?

To manage who?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1117 on: November 8, 2021, 11:26:13 am »
Villa is the talk
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1118 on: November 8, 2021, 12:45:57 pm »
He'll see out this season at Rangers.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: November 8, 2021, 03:03:30 pm »
I know he's a manager now, but what a fucking player he was.

Just watching back some of his long distance goals and it's been a long long time since i've seen anyone who strikes the ball like he did from distance. The sheer amount of outrageous goals he got from a distance, unreal