Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530149 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Another on the go in Austin.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Kill the humourless

Online Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
Indianapolis police chief says gunman bought weapons legally despite earlier warning.
In March of 2020, the police had seized a shotgun from Mr. Hole after his mother raised concerns about his mental state, records show. But, Chief Randal Taylor said, the fact that Mr. Hole was legally able to make the more recent gun purchases indicates that, despite his mother’s warning and the police seizure of a gun, the authorities had not deemed him subject to Indiana’s so-called “red flag” law,  which bars people who are found by a judge to present dangerous risk from possessing a firearm.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/17/us/Indianapolis-gunman-weapons.html

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
No need to ask what Mr Hole's first name is. Nominative determinism in action
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
That's what I don't get. They have the regulations in place, but they don't use them. What person fails under that red flag law if a guy whose mom has alerted the authorities and who had a shotgun taken away by the police can just go out and buy a new weapon? That's just bonkers...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
As if the news today wasn’t depressing enough

https://apple.news/AxWIHK4iCQ0eOXxpySIvCgQ

I suppose we should be thankful that no one died.
But an 11 year old takes “her handgun” to school and starts shooting in the corridors?
Madness.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
These backwards mother fuckers.

Texas to allow unlicensed carrying of handguns

A woman cannot get an abortion after 6wks but everyone should be allowed to strut around with a gun.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Well once the shootings increase in Texas due to this bill getting passed those in charge will surely demand even less restrictions if there is any at this stage.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I'd really be considering if places like that can be considered "developed" anymore. They're quite clearly a long way from the definition of that imo.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Amazing how easy it is to strengthen 2nd amendment rights than to pass gun control laws.

Place is the most backwards 1st world country.

So fucked up

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
I have to be honest, my heart sinks whenever I see this at the top of the subject page.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Place is the most backwards 1st world country.

Is it really 1st world nation though?

Its more like a third world nation thats pretending to be a first world nation.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Technology and advancement wise it's definitely 1st world. Mentality and common sense, it's still in the "she's a witch, she's a witch, burn her, burn her"

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Technology and advancement wise it's definitely 1st world. Mentality and common sense, it's still in the "she's a witch, she's a witch, burn her, burn her"

5th world you mean?

That does average it out to a third world.  :boxhead :boxhead

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite

Its just an insane divide between the red and blue states. West Coast and New England areas are one of the most developed and liberal places on earth.

The Republican party at this point has no policies except to own the libs and gerrymander their way to another election win.
True North Strong

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Its just an insane divide between the red and blue states. West Coast and New England areas are one of the most developed and liberal places on earth.

The Republican party at this point has no policies except to own the libs and gerrymander their way to another election win.

Being liberal or not was not my point of argument. Thats not what I am getting at. Any developed economy has seen a perfect balance of Legislative, Executive and Judicial.

Legislative - Senate and House are divided among party lines and rather than working for the people.
Executive - Proposes bills and/or signs orders that do not favour 95% of the population. This is by far the most sensible branch of the three.
Judicial - Writes laws and interprets them that would've made sense in the 1800s. There is no consideration to debate and update laws that are considered backwards. Why go that far? There is no consultation as to what the people really want. The laws, as defined in the constitution, are strictly upheld when it favours them.

Now let's discuss the executive departments - Agriculture, Commerce, Defence, Education, Energy, Health & Human Services, Homeland security, Housing & Urban Development, Justice, Labour, State, Interior, Treasury, Transportation and Veteran affairs.

How many of this is considered as a role model for other developed economies of the world? Defence, Homeland Security and VA. Every other department has had a sub agenda under every president since Reagan. Tell me one aspect of the govt there, that strives for the betterment of the people instead of being divided among themselves with party lines. Tell me if that's not a symbol of a developed economy, what could be considered liberal there? And if that's not possible, what good does it do if the people are liberal?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
That's not even being flippant about it either. That's disturbingly true. There's idiots there that believe taking medicine like a vaccine is the mark of the Devil and satanic worship. Weirdos.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Texas change law massacre
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Police say ‘multiple injuries and multiple fatalities’ and say suspect among dead after shooting at railyard in California city

Police reported multiple fatalities and injuries after gunfire erupted early on Wednesday morning at a light rail maintenance yard in San Jose, California.

A Santa Clara county sheriff’s spokesman, Deputy Russell Davis, said he could not specify the number of fatalities and injuries, but said that the suspect was confirmed to be among the dead.

“I can’t confirm the exact number of injuries and fatalities, but I will tell you that they are multiple injuries and multiple fatalities in this case,” said Davis, who added that victims included employees of the local light rail facility run by Valley Transportation Authority.

Davis said he did not know the type of weapon used or whether the shooting happened indoors or outdoors.

The county has opened a “reunification center” in San Jose for families and friends looking for loved ones after the shootings.

The shooting was first reported at around 6.30am.

The light rail maintenance facility stores train and serves as a transit control center. It is next door to the Santa Clara county sheriff’s department.

Family members of employees at the transit facility immediately began expressing their fears.

“I can’t get in contact with my uncle that works there … do I go to 70 West Heading? Who can I call?” wrote one Twitter user.

Oakland television station KTVU aired an interview with an unidentified man who said his mother hid from the assailant in a room with her co-workers.

“Our hearts are pained for the families of those we have lost in this horrific shooting,” San Jose’s mayor, Sam Liccardo, said on Twitter.

The California governor, Gavin Newsom, said in a tweet that his office was “in close contact with local law enforcement and monitoring this situation closely”.

Special agents from the FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were responding to the crime scene, officials said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/26/san-jose-shooting-police-gunman-railyard

Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hiding in my bomb-proof bunker underneath my house. Internet a little spotty. Hear it's like a third world country out there above ground. Let me know when it's safe to come out!!!!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hiding in my bomb-proof bunker underneath my house. Internet a little spotty. Hear it's like a third world country out there above ground. Let me know when it's safe to come out!!!!

Come on mate, even you have to admit it's a fucking crazy situation with guns in the US

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Come on mate, even you have to admit it's a fucking crazy situation with guns in the US

Of course it is! And Abbott is a dipshit and that bill he's eventually going to pass is beyond stupid.

But the hysteria and histrionics on this place is just incredible sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 04:12:53 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Of course it is! And Abbott is a dipshit and that bill he's eventually going to pass is beyond stupid.

I don't think so. We've had how many mass shootings in the last 2/3 years?

I think it's the right amount of hysteria.

When in your opinion do you get a point where the hysteria is worth it?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think so. We've had how many mass shootings in the last 2/3 years?

I think it's the right amount of hysteria.

When in your opinion do you get a point where the hysteria is worth it?

People will and should continue to be upset by the mass shootings that occur in this country and should demand change. Gun reform won't solve a lot of these issues but it will be a step in the right direction.

Generalizing about 350 million people though? Making inane blanket statements? That's where I chuckle and point out the absurdity in the posts.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
People will and should continue to be upset by the mass shootings that occur in this country and should demand change. Gun reform won't solve a lot of these issues but it will be a step in the right direction.

Generalizing about 350 million people though? Making inane blanket statements? That's where I chuckle and point out the absurdity in the posts.

The only gun reform being made is making it easier not harder to get and carry guns.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
The only gun reform being made is making it easier not harder to get and carry guns.

Lone Star's boring Amerika defenses aside, he did point out without equivocation that the open, hidden carry "reform" was beyond stupid.

Fairness is necessary in that instance.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lone Star's boring Amerika defenses aside, he did point out without equivocation that the open, hidden carry "reform" was beyond stupid.

And what? With all that's happening with guns in the US, they're heading the wrong direction. Instead of doing something about it, they're actively making it easier to get and carry guns.

Think on that for a minute, instead of being horrified and shocked that it's happening they're actively engaging in making it worse.

And yet "hysteria" isn't at a proper level to change anything, yet.

So what is the appropriate level of hysteria needed to actually get anything done?

At what point is enough, enough? I mean it's not when kids are dying, it's not when adults are dying, so what is the tipping point? I'll give you clue, there isn't one in the US. There will never be a point where enough is enough.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 04:56:50 pm by Chakan »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.

That.
And this.
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1396571605426389004

I just signed a Resolution naming the 1847 Colt Walker pistol the official handgun of Texas.

It was invented by a Texas Ranger & was America’s first six-shooter.

It was the gun of choice for US soldiers during the Mexican American war.

I’ll be signing more gun laws real soon.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah, I'm distinctly aware, as evidenced above.

As for the rest, Joe Biden and the Democrat-controlled Congress, we're looking at you.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I think I'm starting to enjoy how much my posts seem to get under your skin.  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We demanded change,we got it.
Australians demanded change,they got it.

Americans (minority) cry that they're being demonized,they all get more and more death.Fact is,you put an industry and its wants ahead of the health and wellbeing of your citizens.

All you guys do is give "Thoughts and Prayers" and then quickly move onto another subject until the next one (that gets national attention),then rinse and repeat,rinse and repeat.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Most of those 350m are part of the cult, though. Including many good people. Including some of the best and closest people in my life whom I love dearly. They are still part of the cult, unable to see what those looking on from outside can see.

I guess it's a necessary part of being in a cult that you don't think you are.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.

A tiny group of 5m members are able to control the law for the remaining 345m people and the latter isnt able to anything about it.

Not only are they successful in upholding their stupid law in the name of the 2nd amendment, but are also able to plough through mundane, senseless and 1400 era laws without any issues.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 09:06:40 am by ChaChaMooMoo »

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?

There have now been 232 shootings in America where at least four people have been injured so far this year.

Sorry for being hysterical.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1397540762234019843?s=21

Not a mass shooting, but anyone seeing that and not wanting tougher gun laws is a prick.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan

Not a mass shooting, but anyone seeing that and not wanting tougher gun laws is a prick.

Reading the comments and there is an article about a 6 year old boy shot dead in similar circumstances in L.A. the previous week.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
And comments by Americans saying they are now scared to even go to the grocery store or school because of the proliferation of guns. It's so sad looking on from outside and seeing a nation self-harming like this.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And comments by Americans saying they are now scared to even go to the grocery store or school because of the proliferation of guns. It's so sad looking on from outside and seeing a nation self-harming like this.

One thing continuously overlooked on here and where comparing the USA to the UK falls down, is even if they removed every legal firearm, there are untold millions of illegal firearms all over the country, people in the cities will still die at the rate they do now. Its depressing.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?

I'd happily grant him the second option.

As has been said, the whole gun thing is a psychotic cult in America.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite

Holy shit, what a mentally sick fuck. And having a gun readily available to these kind of vile human beings is a recipe for disaster.
True North Strong