Author Topic: European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez  (Read 765681 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Joseph Dave Gomez - Liverpools number 12
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 05:52:26 am »
So he can play all across the back 4? An excellent option to have in the squad and he's at the perfect age where playing in various position will help his development.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 08:37:15 am »
He exudes nonchalance. Not sure he'd know pressure if he was disarming a bomb.

;D

He does but that is no reason to go OTT on a couple of friendlies. Just because someone exudes confidence on the pitch doesn't mean we need to ramp up the pressure and expectations before the season even starts.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2015, 08:52:45 am »
He does but that is no reason to go OTT on a couple of friendlies. Just because someone exudes confidence on the pitch doesn't mean we need to ramp up the pressure and expectations before the season even starts.
Correct. The lad looks really promising but we need to see him against a decent side before any real judgement can be made about where he is in terms of playing for the first team.

I do hope he is kept around the squad though and given game time as that is how he will develop. Long term he will be a centre back but any game time he gets now will only help that development as it did with Carra.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2015, 10:00:33 am »
If that "Jomez" shite catches on though I might have to give up on football

Nevermind that, the real issue is how his middle name is 'Dave'. Not even 'David', just Dave. Work that out.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2015, 10:19:23 am »

OTT?

Moi?

Behave yerself

I was understating it if anything

;D

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »
I've always loved players that don't feel rushed to do things with the ball.  Part of a great footballing brain with intelligence.  On the flip side he can play it quick as well, definitely someone to keep an eye on we haven't seen a defender this technically gifted in a long time at this age here.

Offline sinceIwassix

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »
how come we never sign young under the radar talent on the cheap? we will buy him from Southampton for 20 mil next year. etc. etc.
“It’s not important what people think when you come in, but what they think when you leave."

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2015, 08:03:28 pm »
he looks like what some people call a Big Unit
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2015, 09:10:03 pm »
for all the bitch and moan about our transfers - I feel like we do a good job of identifying/securing some of the young talent out there that seems to be able to make the next step.

Offline sakho

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 02:46:36 pm »
Well, he's made a good first impression on me. hope he keeps up the good work.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2015, 02:48:56 pm »
Flanagan esk performances. I'd think strongly about playing him ahead of Moreno if I was Rodgers.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2015, 04:12:51 pm »
What I like even more than his shear pace and forward runs is his reading of the play. Yes we need to see if it's the same against top class teams but it seems like every time the ball comes down his flank he's there to win the header or cut out the pass. Looks a real slice of quality.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:03 pm »
how come we never sign young under the radar talent on the cheap? we will buy him from Southampton for 20 mil next year. etc. etc.

;D
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2015, 04:23:00 pm »
Looking decent if we give youngsters a chance. Gomez, Illori, Rossiter, Ojo, Ibe et al.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2015, 04:32:31 pm »
Still early days but we may have struck Gold with this kid.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2015, 04:34:13 pm »
Could be our Jon Stones.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2015, 04:38:46 pm »
How much did we pay for him?

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2015, 04:41:38 pm »
Moreno has a fight for left back on his hands with this guy.

He's composed, energetic, strong, good in the air, comfortable in possession... wouldn't be surprised if he started against Stoke over Moreno if he keeps this up.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2015, 04:41:51 pm »
How much did we pay for him?

Whatever it was it wasn't enough

;D

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2015, 05:49:11 pm »
Hmmmm, loves to intercept opposition passes, harass their players, can easily pick a pass to teammates, has bags of pace and he's only 18.  His flexibility is such that I think he could even fill in at DM if needed!  I didn't think much of this signing when I heard about it, but the more I see him play the more excited I am to watch his development.  Can't wait to see how he develops over the next 3-4 years.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G6qx_KcFvNU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G6qx_KcFvNU</a>

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2015, 06:16:35 pm »
Flanagan esk performances. I'd think strongly about playing him ahead of Moreno if I was Rodgers.
I always find it strange that Flanagan gets so highly praised... might be just me but he reminds of Spearing ok, but that where it ends.

As for Gomez as good as he has been I prefer to see him as CB and I wouldn't be starting him ahead of Moreno. I was listen to TAW today and someone said it perfect always seems to be Liverpool fans so ready to replace players while other teams always hyping up their players a lot more.

Why can't we be happy it looks like we could have 2/3 good choice at LB for once instead of never having any.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2015, 06:19:28 pm »
Joe-lls Royce 😀
*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »
I think what impresses most is how in control he looks for his age. Normally 18 year olds look erratic with their passing, ball control and positioning. With Joe, he's calm and clinical. He's quick to figure out what to do with the ball.

I know it's against weaker sides, but he makes them look a step well below. And that's always a good sign.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2015, 07:16:23 pm »
Sometimes you can just tell when a player has 'it'.

This is one of those times

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2015, 07:19:01 pm »
A bit of a talent this lad, promising...........

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2015, 07:26:38 pm »
Good luck to the lad... Love to see someone with his potential...

But it's just potential... Give him 2/3 years and let's judge him then......

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2015, 08:11:48 pm »
This lad looks like he could play any position on the pitch (ST/AM/winger/CM/DM/FB/CB) and not look out of place. A proper footballer and athlete.

Someone at Charlton should get the kick cause this lad already looks to be worth at least 5 times as much as the £3.5m fee we paid.   ;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »
He's looked impressive against Thailand, Brisbane and Adelaide. It'll be interesting to see how he does against premiership teams.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2015, 08:29:20 pm »
Seems to know how to execute perfectly weighted passes this lad.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2015, 08:32:22 pm »
Looks strong and is fast. He could turn out to a really good buy. Both he and Clyne look to be good defenders.
#JFT97

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2015, 08:37:54 pm »
Very impressive so far, as much for his maturity and composed demeanour as anything. That said, on the pitch he has the full set of basic attributes. Very quick, strong, composed, surprisingly happy on both sides, even when playing out of his comfort zone at LB...

If everyone stays fit, in the relatively near future we might be putting out a team with serious physical presence. Sakho, Gomez, Can, Milner, Henderson, possibly Benteke. First time in a while that we could bring some of that old time physical bullying to the table...
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2015, 08:54:29 pm »
Looked great so far, although against much inferior opposition. Excited to see him have a crack at the prem teams. Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet and give him a starting spot. We need to slowly integrate him, not put him under immediate pressure. Great job so far Joe!

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2015, 09:43:03 pm »
We still need to see him against stronger opposition, but he is clearly very talented, and he appears to be mentally strong, too. This player can go very far indeed. And he's so ridiculously young that he can improve in so many ways! Many have complained that we need to sign another defender because the existing ones aren't good enough, but this could well be our man in the near future, along with Tiago Ilori.

I imagine that he'll be used as an all-round utility defender this first season.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:45:41 pm by rscanderlech »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »
Don't want to put too much pressure on him or anything, but with some players you just know they're destined for the top. This kid is the real deal. My early projection is that he's an absolute steal at £3.5m; if it rises to £8m (as I'm sure it will), he'll be worth every penny. Fantastic coup by the Club to get this lad signed up.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2015, 10:08:26 pm »
Don't want to put too much pressure on him or anything, but with some players you just know they're destined for the top. This kid is the real deal. My early projection is that he's an absolute steal at £3.5m; if it rises to £8m (as I'm sure it will), he'll be worth every penny. Fantastic coup by the Club to get this lad signed up.
Yes, I'm rather glad we didn't go and spend another £15-20m on a CB.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2015, 03:04:20 am »
I always find it strange that Flanagan gets so highly praised... might be just me but he reminds of Spearing ok, but that where it ends.

As for Gomez as good as he has been I prefer to see him as CB and I wouldn't be starting him ahead of Moreno. I was listen to TAW today and someone said it perfect always seems to be Liverpool fans so ready to replace players while other teams always hyping up their players a lot more.

Why can't we be happy it looks like we could have 2/3 good choice at LB for once instead of never having any.

I praise Gomez and talk about Flanagan in a positive light, suggest Moreno has competition. You say Flanagan is Spearing level and then complain about the forum not being happy with the players we've got. Sorry but I'm the one that's positive here and you're the negative one. Your implications of it being the reverse are ridiculous.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2015, 05:57:50 am »
It looks like Rodgers is grooming him to be a left back option. Played him there the last 2 games. Could be good if the lad is committed to that role.
Seen us win everything

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2015, 06:00:37 am »
It looks like Rodgers is grooming him to be a left back option. Played him there the last 2 games. Could be good if the lad is committed to that role.

I wouldn't say he is grooming him there. It's needs must at the moment with Moreno being out injured. I'm sure he will have taken note at how comfortable he was in that position though. Albeit in a pre-season friendly.

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2015, 06:11:38 am »
Such an assured footballer. Very confident personality. Intelligent too.
All the physical traits and technical attributes you need to succeed.
The scouting department has unearthed a good one here.