Author Topic: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood  (Read 7432 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2017, 04:16:23 pm »
This will defo be filling a hole till the D2 DLC comes out in December. Got loads on this weekend though so will probs pick it up next weekend.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2017, 04:34:53 pm »
Was planning on getting this until i watched the first few minutes of it on twitch. First scene in the game has made me swerve it.

Gameplay looked good mind.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2017, 07:36:25 pm »
Was planning on getting this until i watched the first few minutes of it on twitch. First scene in the game has made me swerve it.

Gameplay looked good mind.

Why's that?

Stick it in a spoiler tag if needed mate.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2017, 10:09:45 am »
Picked up the new one for £20 on PS4. ShopTo and Game doing the deal. Still hammering Zelda though so won’t play it until Christmas I reckon.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 11:09:25 am »
Bought this yesterday and got to say it's brilliant. Just wish it bad some sort of online play but what's there is fantastic for 20 quid
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 11:14:25 am »
Bought this yesterday and got to say it's brilliant. Just wish it bad some sort of online play but what's there is fantastic for 20 quid

Good to hear.

I overloaded on the first two Wolfensteins titles in a short space of time so leaving this new one until after Christmas and will play it fresh.

Looking forward to it though :)

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »
Got it for £25 on Black Friday it’s a quality game

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2017, 10:51:43 pm »
struggling to get into this new one compared to the old one for some reason

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 12:38:23 pm »
I’ve not played them before, but started the new one a few days ago and I’m really enjoying it.

Also you can play the original Wolfenstein 3D in the club area on your ship, nice little throwback to the early 90’s!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2017, 04:22:57 pm »
I’ve not played them before, but started the new one a few days ago and I’m really enjoying it.

Also you can play the original Wolfenstein 3D in the club area on your ship, nice little throwback to the early 90’s!

All the next-gen Wolfenstein games have a secret room on every level where you can play the original game.

Not played the new one yet but nice to hear they have done it again. :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »
Loaded up 'The New Colossus' during my dinner hour. Its good to have Blazkowicz back!!

Must admit I've never played a FPS level where my character is in a wheelchair.  10/10 to Bethseda for originality :)

Loving it already and will keep me amused until 'Shadow of the Colossus' is released in Feb.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 2, 2018, 04:10:46 pm »
Loving this now!

Spoiler
that court scene where it turned out to be a dream was pretty awesome. and infuriating ;D
[close]

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 1, 2018, 02:04:06 pm »
Just got this (The New Colossus) and am currently in New York on 5th Avenue.  Loving it so far.   The best fun I've had on a single player FPS since Bioshock Infinite.  Oh, and the optimization for this game is absolutely PHENOMENAL!  Looks fantastic and runs it too.   

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #53 on: May 1, 2018, 05:52:51 pm »
Just got this (The New Colossus) and am currently in New York on 5th Avenue.  Loving it so far.   The best fun I've had on a single player FPS since Bioshock Infinite.  Oh, and the optimization for this game is absolutely PHENOMENAL!  Looks fantastic and runs it too.

I forgot i had this, must get back to it!

Thanks!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 1, 2018, 06:53:57 pm »
Ha ha super odd! Couldn't sleep last night so jumped back in, after not playing it for months...think I'm basically a boss fight away from the end :wave

And yes, it's boss as fuck! 8)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 2, 2018, 06:54:19 am »
Ha ha super odd! Couldn't sleep last night so jumped back in, after not playing it for months...think I'm basically a boss fight away from the end :wave

And yes, it's boss as fuck! 8)

It is indeed. Is the previous game worth playing? Thinking about that when I'm done. Love the characters too. Hanging around on the u-boat listening to some of the conversations and the cut scenes are laugh out loud funny. The writing and world building are just excellent. After being so disappointed with Prey I was wary about another FPS, but this really is a fantastic game.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 2, 2018, 10:42:28 am »
Think I need to restart 'New Collossus' but drop a level.

I began it on hard difficulty and struggled to sneak up on the commanders without being spotted.

Might restart on Normal difficulty.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 5, 2018, 06:20:01 pm »
Is the previous game worth playing?
102.3% ;D :wave

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2021, 02:43:50 pm »
Wow 3 years since I loaded up "New Colossus" and never actually played it

Just finished the Modern Warfare campaign so loading up New Colossus tonight and gonna indulge in some Nazi slaying.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2021, 12:11:43 pm »
Holy shit, Frau Engel was a super evil bitch in "New Order" but she is proper bad in "New Colossus"

That first cut scene with her in (with Caroline and her daughter Sigrun) was brutal,  Proper certificate 18 material :)

This is quite a brutal game in parts but loving it.

Perhaps one the most scary antagonists I've ever faced in a video game.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2021, 11:45:27 am »
Loving this now!

Spoiler
that court scene where it turned out to be a dream was pretty awesome. and infuriating ;D
[close]

Finished it last night.  Was good fun.

Holy shit that was a difficult level even on normal difficulty.

the cut scenes are laugh out loud funny.

The scene near the end where Blasko's pregnant wife Anya goes wild was one of the most incredible cut scenes I've ever seen. :)

The audition with Hitler and the birthday party on the U-boat were all equally scary, bizarre and funny all rolled into one.  Bombate getting caught back-scuttling Sigrun was a wow moment too.

Yep, a pretty insane game to be honest.