Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 606908 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #5840 on: May 22, 2021, 10:15:27 pm »
We have new names given us by our younger family members.

Auntie nanny and uncle grandad 😁

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #5841 on: May 22, 2021, 10:47:24 pm »

That's lovely  :) :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5842 on: May 23, 2021, 12:16:13 am »

Great innit.  Saw little finger prints on my TV screen earlier from the 15 month old Grandson from earlier in the week.

He tries to touch the Cocomelon characters when we stick it on for him.

Brought a smile to my face :)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5843 on: May 23, 2021, 09:38:31 am »
It was lovely.  It's my niece's youngest Fino who's just turned 7, they've been to stay for the weekend and she brought our youngest granddaughter too who's nearly 9.

My niece still calls us aunty and uncle and we're nanny and grandad to Livvy so Fino decided on our new names 😁

It's been fabulous watching them messing about climbing trees and getting wet through in the sea despite how cold it was.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5844 on: May 23, 2021, 10:54:16 am »
That's lovely debs.  :D

I'll never tire of exploring new woods and rivers. Haven't felt this settled in my head for weeks.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: May 23, 2021, 11:58:23 am »
That's lovely debs.  :D

I'll never tire of exploring new woods and rivers. Haven't felt this settled in my head for weeks.

The natural world in all its glory is a great calmer of minds.  I truly feel sorry for anyone who can't take delight in exploring their surroundings. 

It's something I've really tried to encourage with my kids and grandkids.  The ebb and flow of life gives them perspective on their own worries.

Glad to hear you've found some peace mate.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5846 on: May 23, 2021, 12:48:32 pm »
Just picked up a special buys leaflet from Aldi. There is a recipe for Creamy Chicken Pie, nice easy cheap meal, 91p a serving to make. Its the collaboration between Tom Kerridge and Rashford, to try to get families eating cheap healthy meals. :thumbup
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5847 on: May 24, 2021, 03:31:10 pm »
Sitting in a pub having pints with a couple of mates for the first time since before Christmas  :hally
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5848 on: May 24, 2021, 08:49:45 pm »
Being stuck in hailstones with my nephew at the park, having to take cover under a slide

Saw a deer, a fat squirrel and one of those ludicrously friendly cats that wants everyone to stroke it on the way. Getting him a DK kid's animal encyclopedia since he's starting to take an interest in nature.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 08:54:18 pm by rowan_d »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5849 on: May 25, 2021, 12:18:07 pm »
Wandering around and coming across amazing art on the street.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5850 on: May 25, 2021, 01:23:29 pm »

Enjoy your visit, Paul. Seeing as you're a neutral, I know that last image you shared wasn't a wind up. ;) ;D

Popcorn's Art

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5851 on: May 25, 2021, 02:09:11 pm »
Enjoy your visit, Paul. Seeing as you're a neutral, I know that last image you shared wasn't a wind up. ;) ;D
I'm not here to wind anybody up. You have to admit whoever done the artwork for that last one is extremely talented and I love all this stuff.  I was in Glasgow last week and spotted a few there including these 2. 

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #5852 on: May 25, 2021, 02:12:59 pm »
You can't beat a chip butty when the weather is shit

Plenty of butter a must.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5853 on: May 25, 2021, 03:04:21 pm »
I'm not here to wind anybody up. You have to admit whoever done the artwork for that last one is extremely talented and I love all this stuff.  I was in Glasgow last week and spotted a few there including these 2. 

I know you're not mate, I just can't resist a dig at Everton.  ;)

That street art is stunning. I need to give Scotland a proper visit!

Popcorn's Art

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5854 on: May 25, 2021, 07:26:19 pm »
^ all those are excellent - much better than an empty wall or worse mindless graffiti

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: May 25, 2021, 07:40:43 pm »
^ all those are excellent - much better than an empty wall or worse mindless graffiti

I love it and go seeking it out on a regular basis.

In a couple of months time all being well I plan on going to Belfast to see / take photos of murals there, from what I've seen on the internet there's some amazing ones, proper works of art.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5856 on: May 25, 2021, 07:53:30 pm »
I love it and go seeking it out on a regular basis.

In a couple of months time all being well I plan on going to Belfast to see / take photos of murals there, from what I've seen on the internet there's some amazing ones, proper works of art.

There are loads of them too. All over the place.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: May 25, 2021, 08:21:54 pm »
There are loads of them too. All over the place.
Saying as I have not been to Ireland / N Ireland / Belfast before I think it will be easier, better if I do something like this.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijOlLCtmutM

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5858 on: May 25, 2021, 11:37:19 pm »
Back scratches..  :rollseyes
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5859 on: May 25, 2021, 11:58:05 pm »

I didn't even know the Bitters had a mural in Liverpool.  :o

Two places I've been which had great murals were Bristol and also Reykjavik in Iceland.

There are some very talented artists out there.

https://www.blocal-travel.com/world/uk/bristol/bristol-street-art-guide/

https://guidetoiceland.is/reykjavik-guide/street-art-in-reykjavik-icelandic-guide-to-urban-graffiti

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:04:01 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: May 26, 2021, 07:43:33 am »
I didn't even know the Bitters had a mural in Liverpool.  :o

Two places I've been which had great murals were Bristol and also Reykjavik in Iceland.

There are some very talented artists out there.

https://www.blocal-travel.com/world/uk/bristol/bristol-street-art-guide/

https://guidetoiceland.is/reykjavik-guide/street-art-in-reykjavik-icelandic-guide-to-urban-graffiti

Wonder why they didn't paint over the shite graffiti on the wall, that was there in 2019 when you look at streetview
 https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3950839,-2.9786402,3a,75y,58.03h,75.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s22rcYkf2lm8U033jNZiUmA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5861 on: May 28, 2021, 09:13:44 pm »
I know i shouldn't bump this really and i know im probably going straight to hell but sorry i did let a little laugh out.

We were sitting in the kitchen today having a cuppa and the missus spots a tiny little bird in the rockery, very downy, obviously couldn't fly yet, cue loads of "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH So cute just look at him, oh he's gorgeous, oh god he's lovely" then the stark realization that if he cant fly he's gonna be in danger on the ground, cue mild panic "shit we cant leave him there, what are we gonna do" so she go's on the rspb website and it says leave them alone and try not to interact with them if possible only if they are in immediate danger so she calms down slightly then finishes her coffee then has a massive change of heart and says she will save the poor little birdy so she gets on google looking for makeshift bird houses, nips round the neighbours and comes back with a massive amazon box, proceeds to fill it with grass cuttings from the garden bin, a jam jar lid which she was going to fill with water and a fucking massive white bap to eat, im now convinced she thought she was saving an Andean Condor, disappears upstairs in the loft for 20 mins comes down with a kiddies fishing net and a small tupperware tub to catch him with, gets her flip flops and jumper on opens the back door and i shit you not just as a big fuck off magpie swooped down and carried him off, poor little fecker.

Didnt make me happy but this was the best thread i could find

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5862 on: May 29, 2021, 01:57:51 pm »
being approached to mix songs and albums by people I've never heard of through word of mouth

pretty cool

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5863 on: May 30, 2021, 09:09:53 pm »
Devouring a Nestle Crunch Bar. There isn't a better chocolate bar out there for me.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #5864 on: May 31, 2021, 12:00:23 am »
The sky when you get even a few miles out of the light pollution.

One of the items on my bucket list is to pay my way to America on a commercial ship to see the full, silent, pitch-black mid-Atlantic sky.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #5865 on: May 31, 2021, 12:42:30 am »

One of the items on my bucket list is to pay my way to America on a commercial ship to see the full, silent, pitch-black mid-Atlantic sky.
I can remember laying on my back in a field up in Hutton Magna on a warm September night back in 2015.
The moon was full on a clear cloudless night.
It was 2 o'clock in the morning and I was pissed as a fart.
My God!
The Milky Way in all it's glorious splendor!
A memory that will stay with me forever...
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5866 on: May 31, 2021, 08:42:09 am »

Even when I go to Norfolk the sky seems noticably darker than it does in Maidenhead, which is a pretty average sized town. Once went out to a restaurant right on the sea, and the water was so silent and sky so dark that I didn't even realise I was on the coast until I was told.

The place was in Bacton in case anyone wants fancies a weekend holiday, lovely place, beautiful beach.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #5867 on: May 31, 2021, 10:46:19 am »
A cuddle form my dog when she knows that I've had a bad day.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5868 on: May 31, 2021, 11:28:05 am »
Devouring a Nestle Crunch Bar. There isn't a better chocolate bar out there for me.
They divine, especially when you melt one and pour it over a warm belgian waffle with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #5869 on: May 31, 2021, 12:43:26 pm »
Watching my Dad walk out of hospital on Saturday after a recent heart attack and seeing my 4 year old nephew go straight up to him to give his Grandad a hug. Absolutely melted me.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5870 on: May 31, 2021, 02:26:57 pm »
Ice cold cider on a sunny day!

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: June 1, 2021, 09:53:06 am »
I can remember laying on my back in a field up in Hutton Magna on a warm September night back in 2015.
The moon was full on a clear cloudless night.
It was 2 o'clock in the morning and I was pissed as a fart.
My God!
The Milky Way in all it's glorious splendor!
A memory that will stay with me forever...

I have camped in the outback fairly regularly, 500km+ from the nearest town, the night sky's are phenomenal. Spent hours each night lying in my swag staring in to space.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5872 on: June 3, 2021, 05:09:54 pm »
I wouldn't say it made me happy as such, but it did make me chuckle.

Driving in Waterloo this afternoon I had to take a tight, blind bend. I said to myself as I approached, ''I'll be careful here as some twat is bound to come flying round the other way, cutting the corner.''

I carefully make the left turn when a Chelsea Tractor comes flying the other way ... with Carragher driving.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5873 on: June 3, 2021, 08:00:05 pm »
I wouldn't say it made me happy as such, but it did make me chuckle.

Driving in Waterloo this afternoon I had to take a tight, blind bend. I said to myself as I approached, ''I'll be careful here as some twat is bound to come flying round the other way, cutting the corner.''

I carefully make the left turn when a Chelsea Tractor comes flying the other way ... with Carragher driving.

No loogie hawked up, bonus...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #5874 on: June 3, 2021, 10:25:58 pm »
Crying  :lmao

[/url]

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: June 5, 2021, 12:01:17 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo</a>
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5876 on: June 5, 2021, 07:15:45 am »
Still makes me laugh and cry watching anything from that game.  What an unbelievable night it was.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: June 5, 2021, 07:44:19 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo</a>

Set me up for the day that. Goosebumps!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5878 on: June 5, 2021, 08:11:07 am »

What a way to start a gorgeous sunny day :thumbup

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: June 8, 2021, 02:24:25 pm »
Paul finally understanding that he needs to use a hammer drill when he's putting speaker brackets or pictures onto brick or stone walls.