Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2512587 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #200 on: October 1, 2014, 04:42:47 pm »

before anyone jumps all over this im no builder, planner or architect just asking the question to see what some of you who are in this line of business think.

[/quote]

The re- alignment of WBR is a non starter for a whole raft of reasons, the simplest one to highlight is costs, the millions and I mean millions of construction costs to re-align ,  the land purchase costs, statutory undertakers apparatus diversions etc would make any redevelopment of the Kop uneconomical....once we redevelop up to 58K, I this is it for many many years.

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: October 1, 2014, 06:13:34 pm »
I was At Anfield this weekend, here's some pictures I took Monday

« Last Edit: October 1, 2014, 06:32:00 pm by samfandesreds »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #202 on: October 1, 2014, 06:15:50 pm »
I was at Anfield this week end , here's some pictures

You need to upload them somewhere to host, or put them as attachments on here mate. Can't just link to them on your computer.

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #203 on: October 1, 2014, 06:32:42 pm »
You need to upload them somewhere to host, or put them as attachments on here mate. Can't just link to them on your computer.

Done mate  :)

Offline JAHBletch

• Main Stander
« Reply #204 on: October 1, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »
Quick question.  What is the Kop's angle compared to new build/stand uk regs??  Seated and standing.  Not sure if there is one but it's likley there is.  Peter perhaps you know??
Omar little;
Joe youv'e been so busy being devious you've gone and messed yourself up and got caught in the web.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #205 on: October 1, 2014, 11:39:52 pm »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 2, 2014, 04:52:39 am »
....once we redevelop up to 58K, I this is it for many many years.

Page 1 Design & Access Statement

Aims of Proposal
The proposals respond to Liverpool Football Club’s design brief, for expansion of the stadium
with the following aims:
• Increase overall capacity
• Retain stadium configuration and character
• Develop a design which is safe, secure and inclusive
• Create new hospitality facilities
• Develop sympathetic massing and design
• Improve external and internal operation
• Design for a 25 year development plan

Quick question.  What is the Kop's angle compared to new build/stand uk regs??  Seated and standing.  Not sure if there is one but it's likley there is.  Peter perhaps you know??

It's less than the current maximum for standing in the UK
« Last Edit: October 2, 2014, 04:55:48 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #207 on: October 2, 2014, 07:59:05 pm »
It was Monday, captured with my phone :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccwoeHCAqos

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 6, 2014, 09:55:35 am »
can we host champion/europa league finals when the stadium is ready?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Online dylman

• Main Stander
« Reply #209 on: October 6, 2014, 12:20:03 pm »
As I understand it, we won't be able to host major finals as the pitch isn't being altered and it's too narrow, I think.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #210 on: October 6, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »

So what is that building on the end?

It's clearly much more modern than the surrounding properties.

Given that a couple of the windows are open it looks as if it's still occupied as well.

Are workers living in it?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #211 on: October 6, 2014, 01:27:16 pm »
That's where the rawk mods live, if you look closely you can see 5th Benitle just to the right of that stop sign and the black box on the lampost is blocking the view of Alan X's office.

(I don't know)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #212 on: October 6, 2014, 01:30:59 pm »
Looking at the pics someone posted from the BT aerial shots it looks like the fencing that boarders the site goes in front of this building so seems it won't be full of residents still. My guess is it's maybe going to be used as site offices in the short term until it's in the way and needs to go.

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #213 on: October 6, 2014, 01:53:45 pm »

Given that a couple of the windows are open it looks as if it's still occupied as well.

I checked the building on streetview , street numbers 158 & 162, when you type Anfield Road 158 or Anfield 162 into google, it's indicated that these two houses contain flats to rent, I don't know if they are rented or not

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #214 on: October 6, 2014, 01:58:20 pm »
As I understand it, we won't be able to host major finals as the pitch isn't being altered and it's too narrow, I think.

It's wide enough but a couple of metres too short.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online dylman

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: October 6, 2014, 03:26:20 pm »

Ah, thanks for the correction!  :)

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #216 on: October 6, 2014, 03:38:07 pm »
Just seen on twitter billy hogans been promoted and "will play a pivotal role in the main stand redevelopment" hes also been moved to london to run our new office there to meet new sponsors etc and retains control of tickets/tours/merchandise etc. not sure where this leaves ayre but just thought it was worth posting in here
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #217 on: October 6, 2014, 07:27:31 pm »
Just seen on twitter billy hogans been promoted and "will play a pivotal role in the main stand redevelopment" hes also been moved to london to run our new office there to meet new sponsors etc and retains control of tickets/tours/merchandise etc. not sure where this leaves ayre but just thought it was worth posting in here
Hogans in charge of commercials.  Doesn't effect Ayre.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 6, 2014, 07:29:44 pm »

Been on the cards awhile now I thought? He has slowly been given more power in the organisation, which by all accounts for us is a good thing.. Savvy operater is Hogan.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #219 on: October 7, 2014, 02:26:07 am »

If it's being re-built anyway, move the Annie road stand back 2 or 3 meters then. That'll add a few extra seats both sides as well!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 7, 2014, 07:36:13 am »
If it's being re-built anyway, move the Annie road stand back 2 or 3 meters then. That'll add a few extra seats both sides as well!

The bottom tier of the Annie Road is being retained and you can't just add extra seats at the sides of the Centenary without demolishing and rebuilding the roof supports.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #221 on: October 7, 2014, 10:35:52 am »
The bottom tier of the Annie Road is being retained and you can't just add extra seats at the sides of the Centenary without demolishing and rebuilding the roof supports.

Plus you'd have sight line issues from back of the Kop I think too, so would need to work on its roof too.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 7, 2014, 11:26:38 am »
I think there's an unwritten rule that Champions League finals will go to stadiums of 70,000 or thereabouts which makes sense given the demand for tickets.

I suppose there's some kudos that comes from hosting a European Cup final but if we aren't in it I can't say I'd be that arsed. And if we were in it I'd want it in the biggest stadium available to make sure as many fans as possible get to see the match.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline row19seat111

• Kemlynite
« Reply #223 on: October 7, 2014, 12:28:24 pm »

The building on the end, on Anfield Road, is empty, at the weekend the windows had been taken out so my guess is that it will soon be demolished.
It certainly lies withing the area to be flattened so will be gone soon.

Offline AustrianRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #224 on: October 9, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »
Anyone know if the sprinkler-system for the pitch itself will be build to modern standards? BR said in an interview couple weeks ago he's not fully happy with the slowness of the pitch(problem of unsufficient watering). With the Main being newly built, would probably be the best time to do some work on the pitch as well.

Offline cester-the-red

• Main Stander
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:41 am »
Anyone know if the sprinkler-system for the pitch itself will be build to modern standards? BR said in an interview couple weeks ago he's not fully happy with the slowness of the pitch(problem of unsufficient watering). With the Main being newly built, would probably be the best time to do some work on the pitch as well.

I found this strange at the time, We can build a multi million pound stand but there's nothing we can do immediately about the sprinkling system?, We had all summer to sort this out surely!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2014, 11:01:27 am »

Someone's making a tidy wedge out of recycling all those bricks.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »
I found this strange at the time, We can build a multi million pound stand but there's nothing we can do immediately about the sprinkling system?, We had all summer to sort this out surely!

It might depend on where the supply comes in from and other factors. Building a stand or not may have nothing to do with it. If it was easy to do I'd guess it would have been done by now.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »
Someone's making a tidy wedge out of recycling all those bricks.

Don't bricks have no reused on the builds in the same area?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline The Milk Tray Man

• Main Stander
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2014, 11:18:26 am »
With modern steep tiered stands a decent number of seats have restricted views with hand rails and safety barriers blocking areas of the pitch. I've paid top price for a few tickets which have been anything but.
I hope the club don't pull this trick when the new stand opens.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2014, 05:04:06 pm »
Any work this week?

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »
Any work this week?

Still demo and site clearing. They have to wait for 6 weeks after planning granted to actually start.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2014, 08:09:07 pm »
So whilst where waiting for the 6 weeks to go by will the steel frame already be under construction, i would think its pretty unlikely this isnt going ahead now.

i work for a painting firm and have done work on Anfield before ( new front sign above kop superstore) so hoping some of the work comes our way.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2014, 12:10:58 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/13/liverpool-anfield-naming-rights-main-stand

Liverpool are considering selling the naming rights for the new main stand at Anfield in a bid to finance the £75m redevelopment of the stadium.

Last month, Liverpool City Council’s planning committee unanimously approved the club’s application to rebuild two sides of Anfield, with work expected to begin in early 2015 subject to a six-week consultation period with local residents.

Now Liverpool’s new chief commercial officer has admitted that the club are exploring the possibility of financing the redevelopment with help from an outside source but ruled out the possibility that the stadium as a whole could be renamed.

“The new main stand is going to be a big focus for all of us. The process is still ongoing. We’re getting closer to certainty but we’re not there yet,” Fenway Sports Group’s Billy Hogan told the Liverpool Echo.

“When that certainty arrives, from a commercial standpoint we’ll be ready to get to work on that. We wouldn’t consider selling naming rights for the stadium as a whole but in terms of the name of the main stand that’s something we will look at.

“We’ll be looking to bring in a number of new partners. A naming partnership for the stand would make sense.”

Liverpool are one of seven clubs currently being investigated by Uefa over possible breaches of the Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules. Yet Hogan is confident they have nothing to fear given a number of new commercial deals that should significantly boost revenue this season.

“FSG have always been very supportive of FFP and that means only spending what you can generate,” he said.

“We’re focused on operating the business in a responsible way. That’s been the mantra for FSG to get a winning team on the field. We want it to be sustainable.

“Not only have we brought on board nine new partners so far this year, we’ve also had three significant renewals. That speaks volumes about how we want to operate. We see ourselves as a family club and we want our partners to be part of that family.”

Hogan added: “When you consider where we were four years ago, on the brink of administration, where we are now is testament to the hard work of everyone who has contributed to that progress.

“The club has advanced so far both on and off the field, and now we’re able to talk about how strong the business is.”

Online dylman

• Main Stander
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2014, 12:22:07 pm »
I hope they're judicious with the choice of sponsor, if they must go down that route.  I could happily ignore the Coca-Cola stand or the Ford stand, but the Dunkin' Donuts stand (for example) would grate on my nerves more than a bit.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2014, 12:33:57 pm »
I hope they're judicious with the choice of sponsor, if they must go down that route.  I could happily ignore the Coca-Cola stand or the Ford stand, but the Dunkin' Donuts stand (for example) would grate on my nerves more than a bit.

Who cares as long as it pays for a massive chunk of it? Other than a few logos knockings around the place (which are already all over the stadium anyway) it won't even get mentioned.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #236 on: October 13, 2014, 12:52:59 pm »
I personally think the Playboy Stand sends the right message to the players...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2014, 01:00:26 pm »
Couldn't care less about naming rights. Rename the entire stadium if you have to, rather have CL football than the official name of the stadium being Anfield
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2014, 01:11:25 pm »
I'd agree - call it whatever you want if we can get a load of cash - it'll still be called the main stand by the fans. Same with the ground really - doesn't matter what it's called officially, it'll always be Anfield to the fans.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2014, 01:13:38 pm »
Couldn't care less about naming rights. Rename the entire stadium if you have to, rather have CL football than the official name of the stadium being Anfield

I think you'll find many supporters would feel the opposite way.

If you think whoring the soul of the club and the fucking Mecca of Liverpool Football Club to a cooperation is a good idea, then I must say the game truly has lost it's meaning.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du