Author Topic: Robbie Fowler  (Read 65958 times)

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
Re: Robbie Fowler!
« Reply #80 on: March 2, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »
oh ffs talkshite now asking "was robbie fowler overrated"?

:lmao

Don't put yourself through it mate.

When discussing Dirk Kuyt's work rate :

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

18 League Titles and 5 European Cups. Get counting.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 2, 2012, 05:11:58 pm »
oh ffs talkshite now asking "was robbie fowler overrated"?

:lmao

Bet any money its that bellend Adrian Durham?
psn = Lents123

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #82 on: March 2, 2012, 05:14:39 pm »
Its crazy and sad at the same time to think how soon his career "finished"

By that I mean, at the age of 31 when he came back, he was as said before, pretty much finished, and thats crazy at 31.

Gerrard is nearly 32 and he is still a great player. Giggs, as much as I hate the twat, is still going strong at 38.

Why did Fowler seem to have such a short career at the very top.
When discussing Dirk Kuyt's work rate :

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

18 League Titles and 5 European Cups. Get counting.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: March 2, 2012, 05:18:28 pm »
Why did Fowler seem to have such a short career at the very top.

had a terrible run with injuries towards the end of his time with us. was average at leeds and man city.

from 1995-98 he was just unplayable. the best natural goalscorer i've ever seen and yet he only got 26 england caps. says more about the quality of strikers england had to choose from at that time.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #84 on: March 2, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »
Great player in his day, wish him all the best, even if I couldnt finish his book! Was gutted about that one like, just couldnt get past the "not bad for a kid from Toxteth" shite and hearing him describe himself as a inner city youth from a council estate with a snotty nose. Going on like that done my head in and made me give the book away! People came from far worse backgrounds and achieved more than that Mr Fowler! It just got boring!

One of my favourite players of all time though, probally THE favourite of all time actually! When he was young there was nobody better in the leauge, Shearer maybe at his best but Fowler to do what he done as a kid was awesome. Owen never had the same effect for me like, even when he was the Nations darling after 98 i couldnt get away with him, not like Fowler.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline LS7Leo

• Anny Roader
  • KAWK > RAWK
« Reply #85 on: March 2, 2012, 06:06:29 pm »
Gary Taylor-Fletcher ‏ @GTF_12  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
@Robbie9Fowler has the stiffness set in yet ?

Robbie replied:

robbie fowler ‏ @Robbie9Fowler  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
@GTF_12 not yet... In about 2 hours when she comes to bed

;D

:lmao Legend, shame he won't he able to play tonight, since Blackpool are live on SS
JFT96

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 2, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »
Theres no way i'll love a player like i loved Robbie, good luck to him, Will be gutted when he finally hangs up his boots, and hopefully a role of some sort at Liverpool

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 3, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »
We need God at Liverpool. If he can't score with us, the club's cursed.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #88 on: March 7, 2012, 12:16:56 pm »
Deal fell through :(

Though Hull and Doncaster are interested in bringing him in

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #89 on: March 7, 2012, 12:40:04 pm »
Shame. :( Any reason given why?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 7, 2012, 12:49:14 pm »
Shame. :( Any reason given why?

No. Just the gossip columns saying that Blackpool couldn't reach an agreement. Cant have thought it was over money. He must not have liked it there.

Nicky Barmby is trying to lure him to Hull. Could be a good match for him. But it is Hull.

Its a shame because would've liked to see him get Blackpool up and back at Anfield one last time

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #91 on: March 7, 2012, 01:44:40 pm »
bring him back, even our kids need the coaching
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 7, 2012, 03:05:53 pm »
bring him back, even our kids need the coaching

He wants to play. You can tell he has no real interest in coaching yet. He still feels he has something to give on the pitch

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 8, 2012, 01:04:00 pm »
Actually it looks like it was money

Offered Ł100 a week basic wage with Ł5k per appearence

Pretty shite that.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 8, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »

Pretty shite that.

the man himself says it was Ł90 basic which is shocking  :o

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 8, 2012, 01:20:27 pm »

Pretty shite that.

Sounds familiar. Apologies for shit website link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2069639/Bojan-Djordjic--Blackpool-pay-Manchester-United-old-boy-90-week.html

A source said: 'Blackpool were concerned about something in Bojan's medical so they wanted to give him a contract of Ł90 a week plus appearance money.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 8, 2012, 01:22:48 pm »
the man himself says it was Ł90 basic which is shocking  :o

Just noticed that on twitter. Only got his bonus if he completed the full match as well. You'd just take him of at 89 mins every match and save a fortune.

looks like its more a shot at Oyston than Holloway though

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 8, 2012, 01:24:11 pm »
So he was basically offered minimum wage to play football. Even the non league players get paid better than that.

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #98 on: February 4, 2013, 02:08:18 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Fowler#Personal_life

So apparently Robbie Fowler Ran for US president in 1985 and won......
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline argupas

• Boys Pen
Robbie Fowler
« Reply #99 on: June 7, 2014, 01:54:34 pm »
Game still now half time.
God scored 1 with header.

Indonesia legends vs world legends..1-3 half time
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:13:37 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline argupas

• Boys Pen
Re: Robbie Fowler in action at Indonesia
« Reply #100 on: June 7, 2014, 02:19:11 pm »
58"God scored again with header ..LoL.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Robbie Fowler
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2017, 06:53:46 pm »

LFC tv's Premier League Heroes show - this one on Fowler - https://vid.me/sKsO
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2017, 05:10:43 pm »
Fowler's Education and Football Academy in Wavertree is entering its 3rd year seems to be doing well

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-legend-robbie-fowler-academy-12813141
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:12:33 pm by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2017, 05:07:31 pm »
God's got a UEFA Pro license, intends to go into football management, although he's smart enough not to manage at PL or Championship level for his first job.

http://www.squawka.com/news/ex-liverpool-striker-robbie-fowler-ready-for-first-step-into-management-after-earning-uefa-pro-license/960005#BQHHOZxZLEEDhph5.97

Photo from graduation night in Bristol

https://twitter.com/StGeorgesPark/status/875279251544649728/photo/1

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:15:14 pm by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2017, 05:19:23 pm »
He will take over Tranmere & do a Wimbledon and then win the Prem in his first season after which he will come home and have Stevie as his assistant.

He will then win
Back2back2back2back2back2Back2back2back2back2back2Back2back2back2back2back2Back2back2back2back2back2
Back2back2back2back2back2Back2back2back2back2back2Back2back2back2back2back2Back2back2back2back2back2
clean sweeps including world cups and European Championships for he is GOD  & he is immortal & he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

So it has been written, so it shall come to pass.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:22:27 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2017, 10:06:34 am »
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2017, 10:41:10 am »

Are you a slob like one of us?
Just a stranger on the bus trying to make your way home?

That's two questions. Fucked it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2017, 11:49:41 am »
Always fucking one eh ::) ;D :wave

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2017, 01:16:04 am »

Who cuts your toenails ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2017, 02:08:30 pm »

I had this chance at one of those 5 Times events a couple of years ago. Got bladdered in the build up and blew it spectacularly...

Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2017, 07:28:43 pm »
I had this chance at one of those 5 Times events a couple of years ago. Got bladdered in the build up and blew it spectacularly...

Going to a 5Times event in Wrexham on Thursday - meet and greet Robbie Fowler.  How much time did you get for autographs, photos etc?

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2017, 07:21:34 am »
I have a little bit of history with Robbie.

Early 90s a car dealer in Liverpool supplied Audis to the players, Robbie was just breaking through and he had the Audit 80.  I worked in finance at this car dealer.

One day Robbie came in wanting a better stereo in the car. He left his car and I took him to Melwood,  I had the A4 as it had just come out.  Robbie asked if he could drive so I let him, he said "I wish I had your job, you get to drive loads of cars".  I just looked at him haha. Anyway at Melwood there was always fans outside screaming for him etc when we drove up, I took him quote a few times. He was never comfortable with the adulation outside Melwood.

I used to get to hang around Melwood and watch some training.  One day I gave Robbie some paper for his autograph as the girl I was seeing at the time had a brother that loved Robbie, he got it signed by quite a few players. Anyway later that day he came the dealership for his car and handed me a signed poster for my girlfriends brother,  the brothers name on it, the full works. All in all a top guy. Would always acknowledge me if he saw me in town etc.

Jump forward a few years, I live and work in Bangkok, Robbie came here to play and I met him at the ground,  he remembered me which was nice and we had a good chat. Also managed to keep a straight face when he said the Thai league was a good standard haha.

All in all, one of the most genuine footballers I have met, and I have met a few, been to their houses etc.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2017, 07:17:48 pm »
Was thinking about Harry Kane and how many goals he has scored at his age. checked and he is on 94 league goals some of them out on loan by age 24. A fantastic achievement: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52657

Now Robbie Fowler had 93 premier league goals by age 23!!!.
https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeScorerByAge?comp_code=EPL

Robbie was something else in his prime which ended far to early sadly, however that period with him in the side was some of my happiest as a red. loved him. still do.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:06:01 pm by red1977 »

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2017, 10:56:05 pm »
i was watching the premier league 100 club thing on him a few days back

gutted i was never old enough to remember his best bits and only really know him from the time that rafa brought him back. just by the response that got from our fans told me he was something special

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2017, 08:46:40 am »
i was watching the premier league 100 club thing on him a few days back

gutted i was never old enough to remember his best bits and only really know him from the time that rafa brought him back. just by the response that got from our fans told me he was something special

Yeah he was the 'one'. He was on another level certainly to any strikers in the PL at the moment.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2017, 08:52:48 am »
Yeah I'd give anything to have him coming through into the side again - by far my favourite player.

Wonder how much he would have achieved without injuries  :(

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2017, 10:27:22 am »
How many goals would the lad score with us right now considering the amount of 1 on 1s we seem to serve up? Crazy to think he struggle to get in our best team ever, hell might not get on the subs and on his day was a 30 league goal a year player. Amazing talent.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2017, 10:55:39 am »
How many goals would the lad score with us right now considering the amount of 1 on 1s we seem to serve up? Crazy to think he struggle to get in our best team ever, hell might not get on the subs and on his day was a 30 league goal a year player. Amazing talent.

How was he pressing?

He's my absolute idol, but I just remember him fucking banging in goals all over the shop. Way back then, there wasn't anywhere near the amount of focus on tactics and pressing and all that jazz.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2017, 10:23:55 pm »
Absolute class act, remember being on the kop for his four v Boro. Also remember a complete anamoly of a game for him the same season, 0-0 with Blackburn. I've never seen a player miss so many chances in a game. Brilliant player and his two goals v yernited at ot remain a highlight.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2017, 08:40:58 pm »
Was thinking about Harry Kane and how many goals he has scored at his age. checked and he is on 94 league goals some of them out on loan by age 24. A fantastic achievement: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52657

Now Robbie Fowler had 93 premier league goals by age 23!!!.
https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeScorerByAge?comp_code=EPL

Robbie was something else in his prime which ended far to early sadly, however that period with him in the side was some of my happiest as a red. loved him. still do.

A lot of people forget how extraordinary Fowler was for us when he first broke through, probably because he peaked so early and then never hit those levels again. What a terrific striker he was though.

Remember feeling elated when Rafa signed him too (and shocked too), was great to have him back, if only for a short while.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.