Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers  (Read 92860 times)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Re: Tranmere Rovers
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2018, 11:55:23 am »
'We've got Andy Cook, Andy Cook, we've got Andy Cook!'  :)

Show of hands - who thought the race for the National League Golden Boot was done and dusted?
When goal king Danny Rowe is sitting clear at the top with a few weeks to go, most could be forgive for thinking the game was up.
A week ago when we did a run down of the leading scorers, AFC Fylde hitman Rowe was five goals clear.
This is a player, don’t forget, who notched more than 50 goals in all competitions last season!
But nobody told Andy Cook. The Tranmere striker has blazed a trail, notching against Chester in the derby last weekend before putting four past Gateshead on Tuesday night.
Now, from nowhere, he’s found himself level with the long term leader. Who is your money on to go on and snatch the crown?

Vanarama National League top scorers:

Danny Rowe (AFC Fylde) 24 goals
Andy Cook (Tranmere Rovers) 24 goals
Macauley Bonne (Leyton Orient) 20 goals
Bruno Andrade (Boreham Wood) 18 goals
James Norwood (Tranmere Rovers) 17 goals

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/the-golden-boot-race-is-suddenly-hotting-up-again-49134

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2018, 12:01:37 pm »
Two players too scared and comfortable on their high wage contracts to attempt the step up. Cook certainly isn't fit enough to make the step up.

Cook will probably take the top goal scorer honour as Tranmere have 2 more games left than Fylde and Fylde may not make the play offs (not sure if those games count)
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2018, 05:12:16 pm »
Rovers 2 Aldershot 0

Two second half goals from James Norwood against Aldershot. Macclesfield could only draw earlier today, so Rovers - though unlikely - could still catch them. Two draws for Macc, 4 wins for Rovers.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2018, 05:22:06 pm »
Rovers 2 Aldershot 0

Two second half goals from James Norwood against Aldershot. Macclesfield could only draw earlier today, so Rovers - though unlikely - could still catch them. Two draws for Macc, 4 wins for Rovers.

Massive win, Sutton draw 1-1, Wrexham lost at home, Fylde lost as well, but Borehamwood won.
#Sausages

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2018, 12:58:08 pm »
Massive win, Sutton draw 1-1, Wrexham lost at home, Fylde lost as well, but Borehamwood won.

Top seven bar Tranmere all got the yips at the moment. Rovers away at Dover in the rearranged game tomorrow night.

Another bumper crowd - 5,444  ;D

The game Saturday was going nowhere, Rovers struggling to break down Aldershot, who came to spoil. Time-wasting, niggly fouls, Ref disputes - sounded like a Shitcoat masterclass on the radio. Bad luck for Ben Tollit going off injured (again) but good luck for Larnell Cole who replaced him and added that bit of quality Rovers needed to break down the Shots.

4.45 in for the move that led to James Norwood's first, an absolute beauty of a though ball  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dfxZUd2YEqg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dfxZUd2YEqg</a>

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2018, 09:54:55 am »
Massive game tonight in the title race with Tranmere taking on Dover away. If Tranmere lose Macclesfield are champions. If Tranmere draw Macclesfield need a point on Saturday away to Eastleigh to win the title. If Tranmere beat Dover this evening Macclesfield need to win at Eastleigh to win the title and reclaim their football league status. Though Macclesfield do have a home game against Dag and Red last game of the season. It's still a huge ask for Tranmere as they have to play Saturday and Tuesday now until the end of the season whereas Macclesfield only play Saturday and the following Saturday.

I was at Macclesfield game on Saturday and the home side very nearly lost it. Wasn't surprised either as Orient's away form is as good as anyone in the league. First half was fairly even. Second half Macclesfield didn't create a chance.

I'd like to see Macclesfield and Tranmere go up. Not least because I enjoy Tranmere as an away game as it's only round the corner and Macclesfield have a good record at Prenton Park of late.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:00:04 am by CheshireDave »

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2018, 09:41:31 pm »
Tranmere win. Sounded like Dover could have played till Christmas and not scored.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2018, 09:48:36 pm »
Tranmere win. Sounded like Dover could have played till Christmas and not scored.

Your mate Cookie again  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2018, 10:15:52 pm »
 Sutton lost so Tranmere guaranteed at worst 3rd place, as Sutton drop to 3rd, 6 points behind Tranmere but with 2 games left, but Tranmere have a far superior GD.
#Sausages

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2018, 12:11:37 am »
If only they hadn't lost to Macclesfield at home a couple of months ago.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:09 am »
Your mate Cookie again  ;D

Haha don't remind me. Talk of it being a handball? Matters not. Tranmere are in great form. Especially at home.

All eyes to the South coast 12:30 Saturday. Could be all done and dusted before Tranmere kick a ball again. I am heading down Saturday morning to Eastleigh. Much earlier than I had hoped thanks for BT bring the kick off forward to lunchtime.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2018, 09:52:40 am »
Haha don't remind me. Talk of it being a handball? Matters not. Tranmere are in great form. Especially at home.

All eyes to the South coast 12:30 Saturday. Could be all done and dusted before Tranmere kick a ball again. I am heading down Saturday morning to Eastleigh. Much earlier than I had hoped thanks for BT bring the kick off forward to lunchtime.

Hope not  ;D

With a bit of luck and a following wind, I might be able to get away from a family visit to Lincoln this weekend and pop over to Halifax to see the Rovers game.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »
Tranmere won, so finish 2nd even though they have 2 games left, meanwhilst Wrexham lost in danger of missing the playoffs altogether now down to 10th.
#Sausages

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2018, 09:12:57 pm »
Tranmere won, so finish 2nd even though they have 2 games left, meanwhilst Wrexham lost in danger of missing the playoffs altogether now down to 10th.

Yeah, gotta congratulate the Silkmen, didn't do a Tottenham  ;D

Rovers have to keep the winning run going now, three home games in a row to come including the Play-off to get to Wembley  ;D

Six in a row since that game on an ice rink defeat at Borehamwood, the shithole, but yeah, losing at home to Macc made the task doubly hard and gave them confidence.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2018, 11:04:41 am »
Play how you've been playing of late and you should be up via the play offs no problem.

I for one hope you do as do most Macc fans. Good luck.

Wrexham have gone to shit since they all but sent Chester down. They've only picked up 1 point in the last 5 games. At one point they were 10 points ahead of Tranmere and now they are relying on teams above (including Fylde who they play last) them dropping points to even sneak into the last play off place.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2018, 11:53:11 pm »
Play how you've been playing of late and you should be up via the play offs no problem.

I for one hope you do as do most Macc fans. Good luck.

Wrexham have gone to shit since they all but sent Chester down. They've only picked up 1 point in the last 5 games. At one point they were 10 points ahead of Tranmere and now they are relying on teams above (including Fylde who they play last) them dropping points to even sneak into the last play off place.

;D

The abuse we were getting on Tranmere Radio from Macc trolls for the last three games was annoying and following a pattern ... soon as Tranmere scored, they all fucked off  :P

4300 sales already for tomorrow's dead rubber v Solihull. Pretty good considering our game's on live.

Wembley was one game too far for us last season. Here's hoping - if we get there - they play the game this time, not the occasion  :P

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2018, 11:02:31 am »
;D

The abuse we were getting on Tranmere Radio from Macc trolls for the last three games was annoying and following a pattern ... soon as Tranmere scored, they all fucked off  :P

4300 sales already for tomorrow's dead rubber v Solihull. Pretty good considering our game's on live.

Wembley was one game too far for us last season. Here's hoping - if we get there - they play the game this time, not the occasion  :P

You mean in the Mixlr thing? I wouldn't pay much attention to them mate. Just dickheads hiding behind a username. We'd have Wrexham fans and Sutton fans on the Macc one too. They'd just get muted to be honest. I didn't really follow the last few Tranmere games really as I expected they'd win them all and didn't want to go through that.

Like I said most Macc fans I know would rather Tranmere came up than anyone else from the National League.

I did think the couple of the Macc fans celebrating and singing about Tranmere was a bit small time. But they'd just won the league and had a few beers and have since apologised. Although the fans at Macc sing occasionally about Stockport and Altrincham the vaste majority of Macc fans would rather teams like Chester, Stockport, Altrincham and Tranmere do well over the likes of Dover, Sutton, Borehamwood and Bromley!

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2018, 10:13:53 pm »
Tranmere lost 2-1 against Solihull Moors but thew score is a bit irrelevant with Tranmere already guaranteed second even before kickoff.

The battle for the playoffs is more interesting, Wrexham play Fylde on Saturday, Fylde are 3 points above Wrexham but Fylde GD +15 on Wrexham, Wrexham have a better chance of catching Borehamwood, Borehamwood's GD is +5 on Wrexham, & Wrexham need both Dover & Bromley to lose as well as Borehamwood losing by a few goals, Dover are away at Woking, Woking need to win to have a chance of staying up then hope Barrow drop points at home to already relegated Chester, whilst Bromley are away to Maidenhead, Maidenhead guaranteed a mid table finish so could be on the beach.
#Sausages

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2018, 11:07:32 pm »
Yeah, I think all 11 players weren't in the starting line-up last game, smart given they're not budging from 2nd.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2018, 05:00:03 am »
Last day of the season, annoyingly, all National League games kick off same time as we do.

Sutton v Aldershot, Sutton need a point to finish 3rd, Aldershot must win to finish 3rd

Wrexham v Fylde, Wrexham must win by a at least 5 clear goals, then hope Borehamwood lose, & Bromley & Dover drop points, Fylde might still need a point depending if Bromley & Dover are winning.

Borehamwood v Guiseley, Borehamwood still need to win, GD is inferior to both Bromley & Dover, Guiseley already relegated.

Maidenhead v Bromley, Bromley need to win then hope Borehamwood drop points or Fylde lose at Wrexham, Borehamwood win & Fylde draw, then Bromley need to win by 7 clear goals.

Woking v Dover, Dover need to win, & hope Borehamwood fail to win, Dover also need to score 4 goals without reply if Bromley win, Woking need to win to have a chance of staying up.
#Sausages

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2018, 02:23:32 pm »
So Tranmere till play the winner of Aldershot Town vs Ebbsfleet United at Prenton Park.

Hard to see them not making it to Wembley.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #181 on: May 2, 2018, 10:23:06 pm »
Tranmere will play Ebbsfleet United on Saturday, Ebbsfleet won 5-4 on penalties at Aldershot after Ebbsfleet scored an 199th minute equalizer, & Ebbsfleet missed 2 of there first 3 penalties, with Aldershot scoring their first 3 penalties. 
#Sausages

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 2, 2018, 10:55:07 pm »
Tranmere will play Ebbsfleet United on Saturday, Ebbsfleet won 5-4 on penalties at Aldershot after Ebbsfleet scored an 199th minute equalizer, & Ebbsfleet missed 2 of there first 3 penalties, with Aldershot scoring their first 3 penalties.

I'd rather have had Aldershot, Ebbsfleet have managed a bit of form away from home lately, and Aldershot were piss-poor a few weeks back at Prenton Park.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 3, 2018, 07:22:47 pm »
Watching Borehamwood v Fylde, home side 2 nil up with 20 gone.

Ground still a shithole in a shithole area though  ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #184 on: May 3, 2018, 08:23:01 pm »
Watching Borehamwood v Fylde, home side 2 nil up with 20 gone.

Ground still a shithole in a shithole area though  ;D

They're pitch is more expansive than their squad a well ;D

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 3, 2018, 10:18:37 pm »
They're pitch is more expansive than their squad a well ;D

They won. I'm amazed, they're a one -man team with that Andrade (sp?) they got from Watford. Dreadful football and Borehamwood is a complete dump. Refused to let Away supporters get a beer while their own drunken Cockney exiles shout utter shite and moan all game.  ;D

Tranmere have sold over 6500 in pre-sales so far, hoping for over 10,000 - they need to fill the Kop cos they're doing a mosaic! Two more big wavers added, the TRFC Trust are doing really well. Just hope the team can deliver up a final like the Reds did  ;D

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 5, 2018, 10:08:23 am »
Game's on live on BT Sport at 12.00

7500 already sold. New wavers in the Kop today, Andy Cook gettng the Golden Boot before the game  :-*

https://twitter.com/Tranmere_Trust/status/992687880156930049

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 5, 2018, 10:15:59 am »
Game's on live on BT Sport at 12.00

7500 already sold. New wavers in the Kop today, Andy Cook gettng the Golden Boot before the game  :-*

https://twitter.com/Tranmere_Trust/status/992687880156930049

Can't see it on BT Sports 1/2/3?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 5, 2018, 10:21:52 am »
Can't see it on BT Sports 1/2/3?

Hre you go feller, BT Sport4 as well, I guess there'll be streams later too:

https://sport.bt.com/tv-guide-01363810618853?e=ghnkgb

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 5, 2018, 10:45:36 am »
Hre you go feller, BT Sport4 as well, I guess there'll be streams later too:

https://sport.bt.com/tv-guide-01363810618853?e=ghnkgb

Thanks mate! Looking forward to this.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 5, 2018, 10:55:58 am »
Has to be their year this year, think another year at this level and they'll be stuck there for a long time.
My Twitter

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 5, 2018, 11:03:01 am »
Thanks mate! Looking forward to this.

Me too, they're really giving it the big push. The old ground will be bouncing!

They beat Ebbsfleet 3-0 back in February at Prenton Park but they're in the play-offs by merit so should be an intriguing game  :)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 5, 2018, 11:06:48 am »
Has to be their year this year, think another year at this level and they'll be stuck there for a long time.

Yeah it's a nightmare League to get out of with only one automatic promotion place.  :o

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #193 on: May 5, 2018, 11:36:01 am »
Come on Tranmere do it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #194 on: May 5, 2018, 11:52:59 am »
National League should have another promotion place to the EFL, half of the NL teams ahave been in the EFL at one time or another.
#Sausages

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #196 on: May 5, 2018, 12:10:06 pm »
National League should have another promotion place to the EFL, half of the NL teams ahave been in the EFL at one time or another.

Agree with this especially as considering 4 go up from league 2 to league 1

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #197 on: May 5, 2018, 12:14:05 pm »
Come on Tranmere, fingers crossed for you
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #198 on: May 5, 2018, 12:34:42 pm »
Ebbsfleet score with there first shot of the match, Tranmere have been the better side.
#Sausages

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 5, 2018, 12:34:54 pm »
Ebbsfleet go one up  :-\
My Twitter