Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046613 times)

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #7840 on: May 17, 2021, 09:31:24 am »
Poor Danny.
So bitter

I know sometimes these fella use throwaway lines but it was an odd thing to say, especially as there has been analysis after analysis on that show and hy himself about our creativity from full back.
It's also a very unpopular opinion but I do kind of like Micah Richards. I listened to a good interview with him and Graham Hunter yesterday, it was all about Mancini and was him and Sven. He's also a massive Trent which is nice to hear.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7841 on: May 17, 2021, 10:41:16 am »
Just looked at the poll options for the first time. (Voted for the worst commentator of all time in Tyler, and the fake revolutionaries Carragher and Neville who are basically politically campaigning for Sky’s interests).

Is Darren Gough a football commentator?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7842 on: May 17, 2021, 11:06:56 am »
Just looked at the poll options for the first time. (Voted for the worst commentator of all time in Tyler, and the fake revolutionaries Carragher and Neville who are basically politically campaigning for Sky’s interests).

Is Darren Gough a football commentator?

He does a bit of TalkSport doesn't he.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7843 on: May 17, 2021, 11:27:10 am »
Yeah, worrying times when a player is scoring and assisting. Who needs such a player?! Nobody remembers the likes of Carlos, but the world will never forget your typical fullbacks like Marc Hottiger and Jan Kromkamp!

Murphy - what a fucking bellend

He'd have been screaming at Barney to get back and defend in Paris.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #7844 on: May 17, 2021, 03:18:11 pm »
Yeah, worrying times when a player is scoring and assisting. Who needs such a player?! Nobody remembers the likes of Carlos, but the world will never forget your typical fullbacks like Marc Hottiger and Jan Kromkamp!

Murphy - what a fucking bellend
Murphy, the little Englander bellend never quite got over Raffa replacing him with Xabi Alonso, a true World Class midfielder in every sense of the word, whereas Murphy’s only attribute was dead ball situations!
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7845 on: May 17, 2021, 08:33:50 pm »
The great football sage Garth Crooks has spoken. Mo is a much better player when he is not being selfish and chasing the golden boot apparently. What an utter c*nt he is.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7846 on: May 18, 2021, 12:38:06 pm »
Knew he'd manage to get a dig in about Mo somehow ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7847 on: May 18, 2021, 01:10:29 pm »
The great football sage Garth Crooks has spoken. Mo is a much better player when he is not being selfish and chasing the golden boot apparently. What an utter c*nt he is.

Salah was in his team of the week? Was there no better left backs?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7848 on: May 19, 2021, 09:28:38 pm »
At least we know Tyler is going to drone on incessantly with his middle of the road shtick about him scoring goals for a while now
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7849 on: May 19, 2021, 10:25:20 pm »
Micah Richards just said Robertson can be questioned defensively.

Stealing a living.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7850 on: May 19, 2021, 10:28:52 pm »
At least we know Tyler is going to drone on incessantly with his middle of the road shtick about him scoring goals for a while now

I just have to bring up what he said against Man United last week again cause I still can't believe it. He was waxing lyrical about utter bullshit as usual when he started on about United having a fixture congestion and he said, without correction from Che Guevara or Blue Jamie, that "this game had to be rearranged because Manchester United couldn't fulfil the fixture for whatever reason."

For whatever reason.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #7851 on: May 19, 2021, 10:34:32 pm »
Carra was genuinely baffling today. He can’t have been watching the same game. I feel like he’s gone back to being an Everton fan to be honest.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7852 on: May 19, 2021, 10:46:18 pm »
Carra was genuinely baffling today. He can’t have been watching the same game. I feel like he’s gone back to being an Everton fan to be honest.

He doesn't like us at all.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7853 on: May 19, 2021, 10:50:41 pm »

It was odd, Burnley caused us problems no doubt but he made it sound like they played us off the park.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7854 on: May 19, 2021, 11:02:31 pm »
It was odd, Burnley caused us problems no doubt but he made it sound like they played us off the park.

They caused us a few problems by just whacking it long every time they got hold of the ball (which was infrequently) and playing the channels and knockdowns. They didn't actually play any football.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7855 on: May 19, 2021, 11:06:23 pm »
They caused us a few problems by just whacking it long every time they got hold of the ball (which was infrequently) and playing the channels and knockdowns. They didn't actually play any football.

Oh I agree, it's no surprise to me they made it difficult for Williams and Phillips with their tactics, it's what was expected and they never play any football anyway. It's just that Carragher seemed to make it out more than it was.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7856 on: May 20, 2021, 07:37:50 am »
Oh I agree, it's no surprise to me they made it difficult for Williams and Phillips with their tactics, it's what was expected and they never play any football anyway. It's just that Carragher seemed to make it out more than it was.

Carragher actually said near the end that Burnley would feel they should have got something from the game as they were the better team. Tyler too, I would have bet every penny I had that as soon as we got out first corner he would make a joke about Alisson coming up, and as sure as a bear shits in the woods there it was.
These fella's are all a bit too much for me now on Sky really. My stream is always 40 seconds or so behind live or I would use some other kind of comms.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7857 on: May 20, 2021, 07:51:35 am »
It's Carragher by a mile, the fucking try-hard prick.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7858 on: May 20, 2021, 10:29:14 am »
Sky really need to stop having Carragher commentate on every Liverpool match and Neville on every United match.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7859 on: May 20, 2021, 10:30:07 am »
Sky really need to stop having Carragher commentate on every Liverpool match and Neville on every United match.

Just fuck them off full stop and get proper comms and pundits.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7860 on: May 20, 2021, 10:52:17 am »
Just fuck them off full stop and get proper comms and pundits.

Needs a shake up for sure but it won't happen which is a pity. Get Mourinho on, He may be a knob on the sidelines but he was good in the studio. Get Liam Rosenior on. Get McCoist on comms. No agenda, no endless reading of stats and making painful jokes.

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #7861 on: May 20, 2021, 11:00:55 am »

He comments on official LFC twitter posts before Kick Off asking for 3 points then spends the entire 90 minutes slagging us off and willing Burnley to score. He's a dickhead.

Also praying that Tyler announces He's going to fuck off at the end of the season. I don't think he's biased or anything like that, just think he's now too old and has become really shit at his job.

We know that Sky are aware everyone hates him as I've seen Neville & Carrager both commenting on the fact that Tyler ends up trending on twitter most weekends because of everyone slating him.

Last time I saw it happening, Carragher was arguing in a comment thread that Tyler isn't a boring old washed up dinosaur.

"You'll like who we tell you to like and you'll be fucking quiet about it" basically.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7862 on: May 20, 2021, 11:07:23 am »
He comments on official LFC twitter posts before Kick Off asking for 3 points then spends the entire 90 minutes slagging us off and willing Burnley to score. He's a dickhead.

Also praying that Tyler announces He's going to fuck off at the end of the season. I don't think he's biased or anything like that, just think he's now too old and has become really shit at his job.

We know that Sky are aware everyone hates him as I've seen Neville & Carrager both commenting on the fact that Tyler ends up trending on twitter most weekends because of everyone slating him.

Last time I saw it happening, Carragher was arguing in a comment thread that Tyler isn't a boring old washed up dinosaur.

"You'll like who we tell you to like and you'll be fucking quiet about it" basically.

I actually think that these days he is. In his early career all the way up to the mid 00's he was a good commentator and seemed to really enjoy the games and goals, "Collymore closing in, Liverpool lead in stoppage time" one example of how he just got carried with the emotion of the games. Now he's nothing but digs and sleights, unless its Man Utd or City.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7863 on: May 20, 2021, 11:11:14 am »
It’s the absolutely pointless stats he drags out for ninety minutes that does my head in, kind of like John Motson, totally lost without that stats pack they get provided.

He was going on yesterday about how it was a meeting between last season’s champions and the champions from one hundred years ago, like it had any relevance on the game he was supposed to be talking about.
AHA!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7864 on: May 20, 2021, 11:32:05 am »
NBCSN and DAZN really are leagues above Sky on the comms. I've had a 'dodgy' service which delivers these channels for years but if I could somehow pay I would.

Arlo White in particular is such a great commentator:
https://streamable.com/xgzdj8
https://streamable.com/j78y9
:D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7865 on: May 20, 2021, 12:07:17 pm »
These fella's are all a bit too much for me now on Sky really. My stream is always 40 seconds or so behind live or I would use some other kind of comms.

You can manually sync the TAW hotmic to your stream, that's what I use.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7866 on: May 20, 2021, 12:14:15 pm »

He's probably trying to keep up with the "Banter Brigade" by trying to stir as much shit as possible. Wouldn't be shocked if he's been told to move towards the TalkSport-esque shock jock style where everything he says is to drum up some controversy or drama rather than commentate on the actual game.

Commentary on NBC is along the lines of "Salah, back to Mane, Mane finds Firmino, Firmino with a lovely pass out to the Scotsman Andy Robertson with a chance to cross, cleared well by Tarkowski and controlled well on halfway by Chris Wood" etc

Sky is more like "Salah here finds Mane, if you read the... tabloids... maybe you'll be surprised to see those two pass to each other due to... the... apparent... relationship between them. Firmino now, who's not scored for a while, questions around his... credentials as a number 9,  Robertson attempts the cross and Tarkowski is there, he's got it forward to Chris Wood, NOWCOULDTHISBETHEOPPORTUNITYFORBURNLEY?!"

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #7867 on: May 20, 2021, 12:25:26 pm »

Sky is more like "Salah here finds Mane, if you read the... tabloids... maybe you'll be surprised to see those two pass to each other due to... the... apparent... relationship between them. Firmino now, who's not scored for a while, questions around his... credentials as a number 9,  Robertson attempts the cross and Tarkowski is there, he's got it forward to Chris Wood, NOWCOULDTHISBETHEOPPORTUNITYFORBURNLEY?!"

:lmao spot on! I definitely think they're given certain things to mention/talk about to stir up debate and shit on social media, but I still think half of it is that he's too old and loses his train of thought too often so just ends up waffling on. Plus you can usually hear his heavy breathing when he does actually shut the fuck up occasionally.

His "and it's live!" Just before KO in every game makes me cringe every time as well.

Think Sky need a shake up of their entire team to be honest. Tyler, Neville & Carragher are all shite for different reasons.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7868 on: May 20, 2021, 12:27:55 pm »

Sky tried to shake up Soccer Saturday by getting rid of the old guard, yet keeping Martin Tyler was baffling. He's reached Motson territory now.

Neville's got too big for his boots and has gone from a reasonably balanced pundit to a motormouth pushing agendas.

Carragher is compromised due to his spitting at the kid and was always a bit dim anyway. Richards is now used as a City cheerleader, Neville as a United cheerleader, yet all Carra does is slag us off. Redknapp and Souness at least act like they give a shit about us, yet Carra is on Twitter giving it the top red shtick
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 12:31:29 pm by Fromola »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7869 on: May 20, 2021, 12:34:57 pm »
Back to ageism now, are we? The one kind of discrimination people feel pleased to still be able to spout and so will seize every opportunity to revel in.

It's pretty shithouse behaviour really
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7870 on: May 20, 2021, 12:40:18 pm »
I don’t know if Carra has been media trained, but his determination not to give Liverpool any credit for anything does my head in. There was a blatant foul on a Liverpool player (Mane, I think) that they didn’t call & even Tyler said on viewing the replay that it was pretty bad. Carragher couldn’t even bring himself to agree, humming & hawing. It’s like he’s psychologically trained himself so deeply not to favour Liverpool that he can say no good about them.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7871 on: May 20, 2021, 12:43:02 pm »
I don’t know if Carra has been media trained, but his determination not to give Liverpool any credit for anything does my head in. There was a blatant foul on a Liverpool player (Mane, I think) that they didn’t call & even Tyler said on viewing the replay that it was pretty bad. Carragher couldn’t even bring himself to agree, humming & hawing. It’s like he’s psychologically trained himself so deeply not to favour Liverpool that he can say no good about them.

It was the Salah incident in the box.

Taylor pushed him and his ended up falling over the goalkeeper but still kicking the ball away from both and out of play. Would never be a penalty surely? Not even for Ashley Barnes at Anfield....

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7872 on: May 20, 2021, 12:47:45 pm »
Just seen our game is on Sky Sports main event Sunday.  That's Tyler's domain. Probably with Carra.

A chance to sit through Martin's abject disappointment, as every LFC, Spurs or Villa goal goes in.

For those who haven't got a ticket then :

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7873 on: May 20, 2021, 03:23:41 pm »
Just seen the BBC pundits for the Euros. Henry, Fabregas and Klinsmann by far the best.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7874 on: May 20, 2021, 03:25:28 pm »
Jenas not listed, but is pictured. There’s still hope.

EDIT: Ah, he’s in amongst the co-commentators  :'(
AHA!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7875 on: May 20, 2021, 03:28:12 pm »
BBC Euro's line up (TV & Radio)

Presenters

Gary Lineker
Gabby Logan
Eilidh Barbour
Mark Chapman
Alan Shearer (England)
Alex Scott (England)
Rio Ferdinand (England)
Micah Richards (England)
Ashley Williams (Wales)
Mark Hughes (Wales)
James McFadden (Scotland)
Shelley Kerr (Scotland)
Charlie Adam (Scotland)
Thierry Henry (France)
Cesc Fabregas (Spain)
Jurgen Klinsmann (Germany)

Commentators

Guy Mowbray
Steve Wilson
Robyn Cowen
Steve Bower
Jonathan Pearce
Vicki Sparks
Rob McLean
Mark Scott

Co-Commentators

Dion Dublin (England)
Karen Carney (England)
Jermaine Jenas (England)
Martin Keown (England)
Danny Murphy (England)
Robbie Savage (Wales)
James McFadden (Scotland)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7876 on: May 20, 2021, 03:30:33 pm »
Mark Hughes is one miserable motherfucker.

Online sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7877 on: May 20, 2021, 03:34:47 pm »
I presume Ian Wright is on ITV. They've snapped Souness up aswell.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7878 on: May 20, 2021, 03:37:24 pm »
Charlie Adam  :o

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7879 on: May 20, 2021, 03:38:30 pm »
Charlie Adam  :o
Good job I won’t be watching on a portable.
AHA!