Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850110 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12160 on: May 25, 2020, 03:11:52 pm »
I was thinking about that the other day too when watching Bayerns game. One of the commentators said the main thing without the crowd is you can very clearly (obviously) hear who is vocal in a team and who isn't. I loved watching that Bayern game with no crowd you completely zone in on the game itself. Never mind removing the restrictions about 3pm coverage, remove the restriction about bad language before 10pm. Just a shame Craig Bellamy isn't still playing

Inuendos on adverts for credit scores on how big the fellas dick is, the tampon ad with shove it right up yer fanny, the girl in the malteasers ad wanking her boyfriend off, sex etc in soaps - a few players swearing is tame compared to all that ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12161 on: May 25, 2020, 03:58:08 pm »
Inuendos on adverts for credit scores on how big the fellas dick is, the tampon ad with shove it right up yer fanny, the girl in the malteasers ad wanking her boyfriend off, sex etc in soaps - a few players swearing is tame compared to all that ;D

haha jaysus, I've just googled the Malteasers ad, thanks for that mate  :o ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12162 on: May 25, 2020, 05:08:29 pm »
Thursday looks pretty big then.

What happens if they just can't agree on those things such as the home ans away grounds and the how to settle the table if it ever gets curtailed?

In the Bundesliga 3 games had been won by the home team in the 2 rounds so far. 2 of them by Bayern and Dortmund. That suggests there's not much advantage playing at your home ground in an empty stadium. Small sample size admittedly.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #12163 on: May 25, 2020, 05:11:55 pm »
I was thinking about that the other day too when watching Bayerns game. One of the commentators said the main thing without the crowd is you can very clearly (obviously) hear who is vocal in a team and who isn't. I loved watching that Bayern game with no crowd you completely zone in on the game itself. Never mind removing the restrictions about 3pm coverage, remove the restriction about bad language before 10pm. Just a shame Craig Bellamy isn't still playing
I was quite surprised when watching the Köln game to hear the benches shouting out instructions in English  ???
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12164 on: May 25, 2020, 05:55:48 pm »
Think we're looking at June 19th or June 26th for a proposed restart date. Probably the latter.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12165 on: May 25, 2020, 06:01:47 pm »
Think we're looking at June 19th or June 26th for a proposed restart date. Probably the latter.

19th should be a reasonable aim. Not sure why it needs to be any later than that. UEFA keen for leagues to wrap up by August.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12166 on: May 25, 2020, 06:12:37 pm »

I think it will be the 12th or the 19th

We just need a date now and the early the better to get started now.

Also needs to be clear on things like relegation is happening no matter what, quarantine in hotels together or not and matches won't be called off in x number of players won't play.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12167 on: May 25, 2020, 06:16:32 pm »
It won't be the 12th. It's simply not long enough between starting phase 2 of the restart plan at the end of the week to get the players fit enough to be able to play at the intensity needed.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12168 on: May 25, 2020, 06:24:27 pm »
I think it will be the 12th or the 19th

We just need a date now and the early the better to get started now.

Also needs to be clear on things like relegation is happening no matter what, quarantine in hotels together or not and matches won't be called off in x number of players won't play.

Someone mentioned recently about Middlesbrough and someone else getting docked 3 points for not fulfilling a fixture due to a lot of the squad being ill. This should be the same. If they're following all the measures put in place, there should be no excuse for catching the virus.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12169 on: May 25, 2020, 06:24:54 pm »
It won't be the 12th. It's simply not long enough between starting phase 2 of the restart plan at the end of the week to get the players fit enough to be able to play at the intensity needed.

Definitely right. Spain have been in training about a fortnight now and that's the date they're resuming. We've no chance of playing that soon.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12170 on: May 25, 2020, 06:32:21 pm »
Sounds to me like it should be the 26th ideally from a fitness point of view but think they will push for the 19th as the 26th is leaving it a bit late to get these games played.

What are we thinking about next season? 3 week break in August and go again?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12171 on: May 25, 2020, 06:36:18 pm »

That's fine with me. While I'll miss watching Soccer Saturday down the pub, I prefer watching actual games on my own if I'm not in the ground anyway. Nothing worse than someone jabbering on when you're trying to concentrate on what's going on.

I'm exactly the same, can't be doing with "fans' who barely watch the game and would rather talk all the way through instead.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12172 on: May 25, 2020, 06:42:46 pm »
Sounds to me like it should be the 26th ideally from a fitness point of view but think they will push for the 19th as the 26th is leaving it a bit late to get these games played.

What are we thinking about next season? 3 week break in August and go again?

All depends on if UEFA cancel the european games or not.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12173 on: May 25, 2020, 07:13:22 pm »
Someone mentioned recently about Middlesbrough and someone else getting docked 3 points for not fulfilling a fixture due to a lot of the squad being ill. This should be the same. If they're following all the measures put in place, there should be no excuse for catching the virus.

Boro got docked three points for not turning up to a game in 1996. Boro claimed the squad was ravaged by flu. They ended up being relegated by 3 points. Spurs tried to get the Lasagnagate game postponed and were told they would suffer a points deduction if they didn't play, despite having several sick players in the dressing room

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12174 on: May 25, 2020, 07:31:21 pm »
All depends on if UEFA cancel the european games or not.
Forgot about that.  Just null and void that shit.... Its the only way [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji853]

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12175 on: May 25, 2020, 07:34:23 pm »
Null an void the European season, and declare us still the champions. 7x Winner.s  8)

I mean you can't have people, club officials, and players crossing boarders now.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12176 on: May 25, 2020, 07:58:19 pm »
Too much risk involved Samie.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12177 on: May 25, 2020, 08:03:27 pm »
Ligue 1: Lyon president calls on French PM to reconsider termination of season

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has called on French authorities to reconsider their decision to end the football season early.

On 28 April, it was announced the Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 seasons would not resume because of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to France's prime minister and sports minister, Aulas said French football would face an "unprecedented economic and social crisis".

Lyon were seventh when the season was ended, so miss European qualification.

Ligue 1 is the only one of the big five European leagues to have ended its season, with the Bundesliga having resumed and the top flights in Spain, Italy and England hoping for June restarts.

The Dutch and Belgian leagues have also been terminated.

"The Bundesliga resumed matches on 16 May, Spain will resume matches on 8 June. Italy, Russia and Portugal have resumed collective training and England is working on a resumption after 19 June," Aulas said.

"How can France not be downgraded very quickly and see its professional football devalued?"

The French government is expected to announce an easing of restrictions in the country on 2 June.

"Many developments and hopes are expected on this date, so that France can gradually regain a good dynamic," added Aulas.

"Could we imagine that 2 June is also a great opportunity to rectify the mistake concerning French football and to allow, with a health protocol used everywhere, a gradual resumption of training and, why not, a resumption of the 2019-20 season over the months of July or August?"

Last week, Lyon were one of three clubs, alongside the relegated Amiens and Toulouse, to have appeals against ending the Ligue 1 season early rejected.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52801776

Can't see a way they go back on this, but they really did make the decision far to early.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12178 on: May 25, 2020, 08:05:21 pm »
The Premier League referees need to be forced to drive 30 miles every day before the league resumes to improve their eyesight.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12179 on: May 25, 2020, 08:43:12 pm »
Ligue 1: Lyon president calls on French PM to reconsider termination of season

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has called on French authorities to reconsider their decision to end the football season early.

On 28 April, it was announced the Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 seasons would not resume because of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to France's prime minister and sports minister, Aulas said French football would face an "unprecedented economic and social crisis".

Lyon were seventh when the season was ended, so miss European qualification.

Ligue 1 is the only one of the big five European leagues to have ended its season, with the Bundesliga having resumed and the top flights in Spain, Italy and England hoping for June restarts.

The Dutch and Belgian leagues have also been terminated.

"The Bundesliga resumed matches on 16 May, Spain will resume matches on 8 June. Italy, Russia and Portugal have resumed collective training and England is working on a resumption after 19 June," Aulas said.

"How can France not be downgraded very quickly and see its professional football devalued?"

The French government is expected to announce an easing of restrictions in the country on 2 June.

"Many developments and hopes are expected on this date, so that France can gradually regain a good dynamic," added Aulas.

"Could we imagine that 2 June is also a great opportunity to rectify the mistake concerning French football and to allow, with a health protocol used everywhere, a gradual resumption of training and, why not, a resumption of the 2019-20 season over the months of July or August?"

Last week, Lyon were one of three clubs, alongside the relegated Amiens and Toulouse, to have appeals against ending the Ligue 1 season early rejected.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52801776

Can't see a way they go back on this, but they really did make the decision far to early.

How can they think of playing when people are dying? Unreal.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12180 on: May 25, 2020, 08:44:18 pm »
There's no way the French league can go back on it - they already awarded the title and relegation. Too late.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12181 on: May 25, 2020, 10:34:17 pm »
Premier League clubs will not have to quarantine squad if a player tests positive for Covid-19
Government sources reveal guidance for factories will be applied which will allow move to contact training later this week

By Jason Burt, CHIEF FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT
25 May 2020 • 6:41pm

Premier League clubs are not expected to have to place their squads into a 14-day quarantine period if one of their players tests positive for Covid-19, according to the Government’s latest guidance.

The situation is due to be clarified on Tuesday during a key round of meetings with captains, managers and club doctors before the crucial next stage of Project Restart is voted on by the 20 clubs on Wednesday.

If agreed it could mean that clubs can move into the next phase – so-called ‘contact’ training – from Thursday, initially in smaller ‘clusters’ of two to three players before building up to full team training.

According to Government sources the crucial distinction, which can logically be applied to football and other sports, is that if a worker in a factory contracts coronavirus then the whole factory – or even a section of it – does not close down.

It means that there is, in the way the Government interprets it, a distinction between the people with whom you work and those with whom you live and to whom you are, therefore, in closer proximity and for longer. The nature of the interaction between those two groups is different, it is argued.

What happens if a player tests positive once there has been a return to close contact training has been the biggest unanswered question posed by Step Two of the "elite sporting returning to training guidance" that was released by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport after prolonged consultation late on Sunday evening.

Point seven of the guidelines states: “Due to increased risk of transmission under stage two conditions the Covid-19 officer must have a clear policy of managing a Covid-19 positive individual and abide by Government and PHE (Public Health England) guidelines and reporting requirements.”

Understandably this has led to questions being raised as to whether every player who has had any contact, however minimal, with an individual who tests positive will have to quarantine for 14 days which would clearly have jeopardised plans for football to return and potentially make it unmanageable.

Another important point that could be made is around the lower risk of catching the virus outdoors that has already been raised by the Government’s deputy chief medical officer, Jonathan Van Tam. He has publicly stated it is “categorically clear” being outdoors is safer than being in an enclosed space with people potentially carrying the virus. “It is absolutely a biological truism that outdoor environments are much less risk than indoor environment,” Van Tam, who has been involved in the discussions with players over a return to football, said. Given footballers largely spend time outdoors when they train and play then, again, there is logically a reduced risk than working inside all the time.

Of course it will be argued during the sets of meetings over the next two days that the nature of playing football, and the physical contact involved, is different from other forms of working where social distancing is clearly easier to observe.

However the testing regime, hygiene and social distancing measures and the Government guidelines are designed to help deal with those concerns. The next set of measures will include clubs being told they will need to carry out risk assessments for every training session.

There is also encouragement that from the 1,744 tests carried out so far on Premier League players and staff there have been only eight positives involving five clubs.

It is understood the protocols should a player test positive will be to isolate for seven days and then re-test with the club doctor and Public Health England ascertaining if anybody has been in close contact with the player. If there is a member of staff, such as a masseur, who has worked closely with the player then they will also be isolated but not the whole squad.

If the clubs vote through the Step Two protocols – as it appears they will – then the Premier League will move towards Step Three, which is the return to playing games with a hoped for restart date of June 19 or possibly June 26. These protocols will go out for consultation over the next week or so before being presented to the clubs.

There are two Premier League shareholders meetings this week with a second videoconference on Thursday to discuss the date when the season can restart, with managers pushing for more time, the TV scheduling, the rebates due to broadcasters and what should happen if the season is curtailed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/25/premier-league-clubs-will-not-have-quarantine-squad-one-player/

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #12182 on: May 25, 2020, 10:53:52 pm »

It will be the 19th or the 20th IMO.
YWNA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12183 on: May 25, 2020, 10:57:56 pm »
There's no way the French league can go back on it - they already awarded the title and relegation. Too late.
There's a lot to be said for remaining calm, sitting tight and seeing how things pan out before committing to drastic action.

I know most of it was driven by selfish agenda, but if the powers that be in English football had listened to the knee jerkers, we'd have been in a bigger mess than we currently are. Too many people have been in such a crazy rush to write the season off, so it's good to see the cool heads have prevailed, put the saboteurs back in their box and the game can hopefully get back on track soon.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12184 on: May 26, 2020, 02:28:59 am »
The Premier League referees need to be forced to drive 30 miles every day before the league resumes to improve their eyesight.

ha ha

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12185 on: May 26, 2020, 02:35:41 am »
There's a lot to be said for remaining calm, sitting tight and seeing how things pan out before committing to drastic action.

I know most of it was driven by selfish agenda, but if the powers that be in English football had listened to the knee jerkers, we'd have been in a bigger mess than we currently are. Too many people have been in such a crazy rush to write the season off, so it's good to see the cool heads have prevailed, put the saboteurs back in their box and the game can hopefully get back on track soon.

To be fair, the French FA had no option really as the Government banned sport outright until September.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #12186 on: May 26, 2020, 06:46:28 am »

Officials stunned as hundreds defy lockdown at illicit Strasbourg football match

Gatherings of more than 10 people are banned under COVID-19 measures in France, yet a large crowd attended Sunday's game between Neuhof and Hautepierre.

Video apparently taken at the match, played at the Stade Paco Meteo, can be seen on YouTube and shows social distancing measures being ignored.

Local reports claim 300 to 400 people flocked to watch after the match was announced on Facebook.

Footage from social media showed apparently chaotic scenes, with fans invading the pitch to celebrate goals.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7SH1JwApcPs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7SH1JwApcPs</a>       :butt

The deputy mayor of Strasbourg, Serge Oehler, said: "What happened this weekend is irresponsible and of untold gravity.

"It is up to those of us in elected office to strongly condemn and to act. If after viewing it turns out that club managers have participated in this, there will obviously be a proportional response."

"The stupidity and irresponsibility can lead to a disastrous health situation in our region. Our area and medical staff don't need it. I ask Strasbourg to show responsibility.

"A few days ago, I sent clubs a letter asking them to ensure sports equipment is not used and we had the goals or nets removed where possible.

"COVID-19 isn't a view of the mind, but a poison. Don't add imbecility to this death which strikes blindly."

The venue for the match is run by the JS Koenigshoffen sports organisation, which said its facility was over-run and used without permission.

Its president, Francois Marcade, told the Dernieres Nouvelles d'Alsace newspaper: "What happened is absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable.

"I didn't learn until around 5pm that hundreds of people were there. I fell from the clouds. And I can assure you that no club leader has authorised or encouraged this gathering."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/officials-stunned-as-hundreds-defy-lockdown-at-illicit-strasbourg-football-match

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #12187 on: May 26, 2020, 08:41:50 am »
The thought of seeing our lads back has me ridiculously excited, I can't wait for it to be honest, crowds or not.

Given our team's mentality, the backroom team's ability to get them into shape, and the boss and his staff's ability to drill them, and I think we could wallop a few teams to be honest. Especially those who don't have their hearts and minds fully in it.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12188 on: May 26, 2020, 09:04:18 am »
Same, can't wait

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12189 on: May 26, 2020, 09:14:30 am »
The thought of seeing our lads back has me ridiculously excited, I can't wait for it to be honest, crowds or not.

Given our team's mentality, the backroom team's ability to get them into shape, and the boss and his staff's ability to drill them, and I think we could wallop a few teams to be honest. Especially those who don't have their hearts and minds fully in it.

Yep. Don't think we'll be far off the 107 mark to be honest.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12190 on: May 26, 2020, 09:28:51 am »
Premier League clubs will not have to quarantine squad if a player tests positive for Covid-19
Government sources reveal guidance for factories will be applied which will allow move to contact training later this week

By Jason Burt, CHIEF FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT
25 May 2020 • 6:41pm

Premier League clubs are not expected to have to place their squads into a 14-day quarantine period if one of their players tests positive for Covid-19, according to the Government’s latest guidance.

The situation is due to be clarified on Tuesday during a key round of meetings with captains, managers and club doctors before the crucial next stage of Project Restart is voted on by the 20 clubs on Wednesday.

If agreed it could mean that clubs can move into the next phase – so-called ‘contact’ training – from Thursday, initially in smaller ‘clusters’ of two to three players before building up to full team training.

According to Government sources the crucial distinction, which can logically be applied to football and other sports, is that if a worker in a factory contracts coronavirus then the whole factory – or even a section of it – does not close down.

It means that there is, in the way the Government interprets it, a distinction between the people with whom you work and those with whom you live and to whom you are, therefore, in closer proximity and for longer. The nature of the interaction between those two groups is different, it is argued.

What happens if a player tests positive once there has been a return to close contact training has been the biggest unanswered question posed by Step Two of the "elite sporting returning to training guidance" that was released by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport after prolonged consultation late on Sunday evening.

Point seven of the guidelines states: “Due to increased risk of transmission under stage two conditions the Covid-19 officer must have a clear policy of managing a Covid-19 positive individual and abide by Government and PHE (Public Health England) guidelines and reporting requirements.”

Understandably this has led to questions being raised as to whether every player who has had any contact, however minimal, with an individual who tests positive will have to quarantine for 14 days which would clearly have jeopardised plans for football to return and potentially make it unmanageable.

Another important point that could be made is around the lower risk of catching the virus outdoors that has already been raised by the Government’s deputy chief medical officer, Jonathan Van Tam. He has publicly stated it is “categorically clear” being outdoors is safer than being in an enclosed space with people potentially carrying the virus. “It is absolutely a biological truism that outdoor environments are much less risk than indoor environment,” Van Tam, who has been involved in the discussions with players over a return to football, said. Given footballers largely spend time outdoors when they train and play then, again, there is logically a reduced risk than working inside all the time.

Of course it will be argued during the sets of meetings over the next two days that the nature of playing football, and the physical contact involved, is different from other forms of working where social distancing is clearly easier to observe.

However the testing regime, hygiene and social distancing measures and the Government guidelines are designed to help deal with those concerns. The next set of measures will include clubs being told they will need to carry out risk assessments for every training session.

There is also encouragement that from the 1,744 tests carried out so far on Premier League players and staff there have been only eight positives involving five clubs.

It is understood the protocols should a player test positive will be to isolate for seven days and then re-test with the club doctor and Public Health England ascertaining if anybody has been in close contact with the player. If there is a member of staff, such as a masseur, who has worked closely with the player then they will also be isolated but not the whole squad.

If the clubs vote through the Step Two protocols – as it appears they will – then the Premier League will move towards Step Three, which is the return to playing games with a hoped for restart date of June 19 or possibly June 26. These protocols will go out for consultation over the next week or so before being presented to the clubs.

There are two Premier League shareholders meetings this week with a second videoconference on Thursday to discuss the date when the season can restart, with managers pushing for more time, the TV scheduling, the rebates due to broadcasters and what should happen if the season is curtailed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/25/premier-league-clubs-will-not-have-quarantine-squad-one-player/

I think that's good news in terms of getting football back. If the whole squad had to go you just know teams like watford always wouldn't be able to play.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #12191 on: May 26, 2020, 11:20:19 am »
The Cummings stuff over the last 3/4 days has been a big distraction for me from this. It feels like we are closer to a return.

With retail stores opening, schools being forced back and Clubs back training with good COVID results, it feels like those who don't want to come back have less and less of a leg to stand on.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12192 on: May 26, 2020, 11:23:55 am »
The Cummings stuff over the last 3/4 days has been a big distraction for me from this. It feels like we are closer to a return.

With retail stores opening, schools being forced back and Clubs back training with good COVID results, it feels like those who don't want to come back have less and less of a leg to stand on.

They are still welcome not to return, but it will be the clubs issue to handle. If players start testing positive, they can maybe ask for matches to be postponed if they feel they can't cope etc, but all the M&S stores in the country wont be shut down if Pauline and a few of her colleagues get ill in Weymouth.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12193 on: May 26, 2020, 11:29:45 am »
Shops reopening just so Liverpool can win the league.

Disgusting.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12194 on: May 26, 2020, 11:30:25 am »
How can anyone buy a tshirt when people are dying?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12195 on: May 26, 2020, 11:33:07 am »
They are still welcome not to return, but it will be the clubs issue to handle. If players start testing positive, they can maybe ask for matches to be postponed if they feel they can't cope etc, but all the M&S stores in the country wont be shut down if Pauline and a few of her colleagues get ill in Weymouth.

Agreed - From the start of this, if any of the transport staff involved in the distribution chain or any member of staff in the shops was showing symptoms, they certainly didn't get a test, they just stayed home and everyone else carried on as if nothing had happened. The Bundesliga is the template for the PL, if we follow what they are doing. we'll get it right.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12196 on: May 26, 2020, 12:26:27 pm »
How can anyone buy a tshirt when people are dying?

How can we dance when our earth is turning?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12197 on: May 26, 2020, 12:41:58 pm »

If I had a chance, I'd ask the world to dance...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12198 on: May 26, 2020, 01:25:27 pm »

How do we sleep while our beds are burning

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12199 on: May 26, 2020, 01:28:12 pm »
Bournemouth goalie has tested positive.