Author Topic: Young Boys 1-2 Liverpool:Half time....  (Read 75428 times)

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Re: Young Boys vs Liverpool. 20th September.
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2012, 05:17:12 pm »
That's a very, very weak side though. I totally agree with playing a second string and hoping to nick a point, but we don't want to get thumped 3-0 or anything. Borini, Shelvey, Kelly etc should start.

I really don't think it's that weak, considering anyone likely to start against the mancs should be nowhere near the starting line-up and we really should be using this competition, early games in particular, as an opportunity for a few youngsters to stake a claim. Maybe we could start Borini through the middle if he's not going to start at the weekend but even then we're taking a risk with one of our only 2 senior strikers. The league has to take priority, even more so after the start we've made.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2012, 05:20:08 pm »
We really need to show our commitment to the youth/reserves players and give a couple of them their opportunity to be the next Sterling.  Sterlings rise alone proves if they are good enough they will play.  Their age and the name on the shirt doesn't matter. 

Really don't want to see Gerrard, Allen, Suarez, Skrtel, Agger, or Johnson anywhere need the pitch. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2012, 05:40:37 pm »
This is a good competition and should be respected by LFC. Would really like to see us winning this. Bring back some European prestige  and silverware.

Whilst I loved Kenny's attitude of going all out in every competition, we really can't afford to do that now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:18:10 am by The 5th Benitle »
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »
I expect Coates to play and Gerrard to be rested. I'd take the chance to utilise the squad to a greater extent than we did against Hearts as it didn't do us any favours against Arsenal.

Offline lancashirelad

• Main Stander
  • Red til dead
    • Knighthood for Kenny Dalglish
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »
Magnificent opportunity at never ending puns this game as we have seen already

Like most suggesting, send the youngsters over there with the Mancs at the weekend, which is a great opportunity to put the start behind us in one game.

We have masses of talent under first team level, time to let them show what they are capable of (or not as the case may be)
Tough choice, we need to get qualification over quickly. These Thursday games really mess up the weekend
I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between watching Manchester United and death would be unnoticeable.
PLEASE SIGN KNIGHTHOOD FOR KENNY http://www.change.org/petitions/recognition-for-services-to-liverpool-fc 8000 AND COUNTING

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2012, 07:32:05 pm »
We have 2 senior strikers in the squad and a minimum of 25 games before January. We can't afford to take the EL seriously, it'd be great to be able to, and go for a piss up in Amsterdam, but the reality is that the league has to be primary.
I think we can give Borini some game time.

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2012, 09:09:28 pm »
I would love to win this trophy, just don't believe we have the squad to focus on the league and the europa league this season.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »
From a personal preference, we need to win league games. That is a little more vital right now rather than the Europa League. As much as I'd love a cup run, we really need to concentrate on the league as of right now. That is absolutely no disrespect to this competition.

The team i'd go for (based purely on fitness/match sharpness etc) would be:

Reina
Kelly       Coates       Carragher       Robinson/Enrique
    Henderson    Sahin     Shelvey/Suso
   Downing        Borini       Assaidi

This would give key players like Gerrard, Allen, Suarez, Sterling, Agger, Skrtel and Johnson a rest whilst freshening up players before the Utd game.

That's a very decent side. That'll do for me

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2012, 09:26:56 pm »
The Liverpool manager confirmed: "Samed will certainly be fast-tracked. He will be involved in the Europa League game. I watched him play [for Germany] against England Under-19s the other week when he scored two terrific goals and set up another."

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2012, 09:27:41 pm »
Yesil made his first appearance for Liverpool on Saturday in the Under-21s' 4-1 win over Chelsea and could be joined by Suso, an 18-year-old Spanish forward, in what is likely to be a youthful Liverpool side for the opening game in Group A.

The Liverpool manager confirmed: "Samed will certainly be fast-tracked. He will be involved in the Europa League game. I watched him play [for Germany] against England Under-19s the other week when he scored two terrific goals and set up another."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/17/liverpool-young-boys-europa-league

Not seen it posted. Exciting times for the youngsters!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2012, 10:42:23 pm »
I think we can give Borini some game time.
This would be good from all angles. But perhaps not use him in the center.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2012, 10:49:26 pm »
From a personal preference, we need to win league games. That is a little more vital right now rather than the Europa League. As much as I'd love a cup run, we really need to concentrate on the league as of right now. That is absolutely no disrespect to this competition.

The team i'd go for (based purely on fitness/match sharpness etc) would be:

Reina
Kelly       Coates       Carragher       Robinson/Enrique
    Henderson    Sahin     Shelvey/Suso
   Downing        Borini       Assaidi

This would give key players like Gerrard, Allen, Suarez, Sterling, Agger, Skrtel and Johnson a rest whilst freshening up players before the Utd game.

This team with Pacheco in Downings place

Tired of seeing him get gametime and do nothing with it, becoming ridiculous now

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2012, 11:04:16 pm »

Think you try to win the 3 home games with a stronger side which would hopefully see us thru regardless of the results of the away fixtures, leave a few behind for the first two away trips

so changes for this week plus Anzhi away if we beat Udinese at home, and see where we are before Udinese away the final fixture.......can send a stronger side out there if we need a result to guarantee qualification

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Equilibrium

• Anny Roader
  • Only a select few achieve greatness...
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2012, 11:55:27 pm »
Europa League = Losers League. No real money, no fame, just injuries, sweat and tears.
Yeah what a great idea keep failing in the Europa league Make our Europeon co-officent hit an all time low and If we ever get back into the champions league be drawn with 3 ridiculously strong teams!
Vidal, Ronaldo, Neymar, Falcao, Veratti.

Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Prandelli,Diego Simeone.

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:08 am »
We are in a difficult situation with the lack of striking force in the first team squad, but at least we can see some of our youth products in first team action which is excellent! it hasnt happened for a while that we saw exciting youth prospects in the first team... I hope Yesil and Suso will grab their chances with both legs!

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2012, 12:14:10 am »
Would keep Reina far away from the starting XI.

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2012, 12:15:40 am »
Dont know if this questions been asked is this game on a synthetic pitch,didnt they play Spurs on it a few years ago in a champs League Qualifier.Im sure they now play on grass does someone know.  :wave
Still got the scar on the back off my head from Blackbeards truncheon all the Liverpool lads used 2 call me the Lancaster Bomber, some of the lads know me as Marsy as my full name is Graham Marsden no relation to Gerry Im 54.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2012, 12:19:39 am »
We don't really think that we will be able to beat you. We just hope that it's going to be a great football game. Personally, I hope that we score at least one goal.
How we rate you? Well, you are the Liverpool FC, we really respect your team and we know about your class.
Thanks mate, and welcome :wave

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40:17 am »
                       Reina
Kelly       Coates       Carragher       Downing
    Henderson    Sahin     Suso
   Assaidi        Borini    Pacheco

I'd love to see this team put out. With Borini subbed for Yesil early in the second half       
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2012, 07:46:49 am »
We don't really think that we will be able to beat you. We just hope that it's going to be a great football game. Personally, I hope that we score at least one goal.
How we rate you? Well, you are the Liverpool FC, we really respect your team and we know about your class.

Nice to hear that pal. Hope for a good game also, often these games can be really scrappy and 0-0 draw haha. Who are your best players? I remember watching Degen and thinking we picked up the wrong one. :) Is he still there?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:48:22 am by Thog »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Young Boys vs Liverpool. 20th September.
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2012, 08:42:37 am »
Yesil to feature.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2012, 09:46:47 am »
curiously i think Pacheco and Borini are playing in the Under 21 match against Inter Milan tomorrow

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2012, 09:47:51 am »
curiously i think Pacheco and Borini are playing in the Under 21 match against Inter Milan tomorrow
Borini you sure?
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:00 am »
pretty sure

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:32 am »
maybe i'm up the spout but Pacheco likes to take pics on Instagram - this was taken yesterday
http://t.co/FKLX2PUc
could have been a day trip to London and they are both going to Bern
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:09:05 am by LONGWORTH »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2012, 10:33:10 am »

We will almost certainly put out a much younger side (which is saying something considering our current line up is already amongst the youngest in the league) against you guys so I'm not too sure the result is as decided as you make it sound ! 

Welcome to RAWK by the way and enjoy your time !
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2012, 10:42:19 am »

People always been moaning that youngsters don't get chances. Times are different now and they are getting opportunities.

Sink or swim time. If youre good enough, youre old enough

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2012, 10:45:15 am »
think shelvey will start and we will see sahin play vs united on Saturday.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2012, 10:47:40 am »
Just checked on website,saying its now an under 19's competition this season..

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2012, 10:56:40 am »
Does sterling feature in this one? Not for me, being our biggest creative threat so far this year i think he has to save his legs for the man u game. Shows how far he's came to be honest, well for me anyway.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2012, 11:02:44 am »
think shelvey will start and we will see sahin play vs united on Saturday.
Pretty sure Sahin will play tomorrow for at least 60-70 mins which will keep him available for Sunday if needed. He needs game time. He and Henderson will start in the middle with Carragher and Coates behind them with the younger players on the periphary.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2012, 11:03:26 am »
Does sterling feature in this one? Not for me, being our biggest creative threat so far this year i think he has to save his legs for the man u game. Shows how far he's came to be honest, well for me anyway.
No, we'll give a chance to young Cole and Downing.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2012, 11:06:31 am »
I am really excited for this match. It is purely because our youngsters are going to get some game time. I am going to be awake for this one.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2012, 11:06:42 am »
------------------------Reina-----------------------

-Kelly-------Carragher------Coates----Enrique-

--------------Henderson--Shelvey---------------

------------------------Sahin----------------------

----Sterling--------------------------Downing---

----------------------Borini-------------------------

I would play a strong side - we need as many of our players getting fitter and playing better - more fluidity and more fine tuning.

I would be tempted to start Skrtel and Agger but I'm shit-scared of one of them getting injured - same with Suarez and Allen.

Johnson hasn't started too well so I'd give Kelly a chance. Enrique needs games to get fit. Henderson deserves a chance, and Sahin needs match fitness.

I would play Borini up top to try and get him on the goal trail, and because Suarez is too precious.

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:03 am »
No, we'll give a chance to young Cole and Downing.

Unbelieveable just shows how these two have weak character as they have lost their place to a 17 year old... this is much more of a slate towards them than a praise for Sterling...

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2012, 11:13:28 am »
                        Jones

Flanagan     Kelly     Coates     Robinson

Henderson     Sahin

Suso

Pacheco     Yesil     Assaidi

Shows how far Sterling has come that almost no one has included him in their side for this game. The word integral may be a touch too far just now, but the lad certainly has made his place in the starting eleven almost assured!

Offline Anton_LFC_

• Main Stander
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2012, 11:26:11 am »
Id rest Sterling, he has looked great and its clear he is going to be important to us this season but this is the 1st group game and we have a far tougher game at the weekend

Hope Assaidi is fit and gets on the pitch, need to see him in action, also wouldnt mind seeing Downing starting down the left, i think he looked ok on Sunday he didnt get his crosses off great but when he is on the left he actually takes people on and looks to get the ball in the box, on the right he seems a lot more hesitant and his decisions arent as good

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2012, 11:42:39 am »

Reina
Kelly Coates Carragher Robinson
Hendo Sahin*
Assaidi Suso Morgan
Yesil

*Benched at HT. Get him fit and ready against United.
  :'(
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2012, 11:48:18 am »
Looking forward to this....would like to see what sort of team Rodgers is willing to play in Europa.

I'd hope to see the following:

Reina

Kelly     Carra    Coates    Enrique

Henderson   Shelvey    Sahin

Cole    Borini   Downing

I'd like to see Assaidi coming on for Enrique at some point, with Downing dropping to left back...and Morgan to get some minutes too. Would love to see Pacheco or Suso feature also, but not sure on that one.

Should be an interesting game....all i know of young boys is that they have a fanatic fanbase and like to play attacking football...saw them against spurs last year and gave them trouble. Not sure how much has changed in that year but looking forward to it.

I'd predict a score draw.

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2012, 11:48:25 am »
It's always been an Under 19 competition.

I am the idiot - the thing i was watching on Friday at Griffin Park was the Barclays Under 21 Premier League Group 3