Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1067124 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #13440 on: June 6, 2020, 04:25:34 pm »
Bayern only need 2 more wins to retain the title for the umpteenth time.
#Sausages

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13441 on: June 6, 2020, 04:25:55 pm »
Frankfurt are utterly horrendous. Couldn't string two passes together in that last 10.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13442 on: June 6, 2020, 04:26:47 pm »
Leipzig concede in the 93rd minute :o

good, gives a little glimer that Bayer Leverkusen and Gladbach could finish ahead of them this season, certainly makes that top 4 race even more interesting.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13443 on: June 6, 2020, 04:28:33 pm »
Gladbach get a bit of reprieve for last night, although Gladbach's next match is Bayern away.
#Sausages

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13444 on: June 6, 2020, 04:31:05 pm »
Couldn't have asked for much more from a BMG perspective. Leipzig miss a sitter to win it at the end.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13445 on: June 6, 2020, 04:31:19 pm »
Reports of Werner being a clinical finisher were grossly exaggerated.

That is all. ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13446 on: June 6, 2020, 04:32:57 pm »
RB Leipzig’s home form this season really isn’t good enough considering the strength of their team.  6 draws at home. 

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13447 on: June 6, 2020, 04:35:22 pm »
Teams for the late game:

Borussia Dortmund:
Bürki – Piszczek, Can, Akanji – Hakimi, Witsel, Delaney, Guerreiro – Sancho, Hazard, Brandt

Hertha BSC:
Jarstein – Pekarík, Boyata, Torunarigha, Mittelstädt – Grujic, Darida, Skjelbred – Lukebakio, Ibisevic, Dilrosun

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13448 on: June 6, 2020, 04:39:07 pm »
Be good to see Grujic again and of course scouting mission for Sancho.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13449 on: June 6, 2020, 04:54:21 pm »

That is all. ;D

No one has ever said he was ultra clinical, more that he gets into a shit ton of great situations because his movement, workrate and intelligence is second to none (well, other than Bobby), although this season he has definitely been better - it's Sancho who you should be looking at for actual clinical finishing as my post a few pages back - current stats to compare the 2 and lewa:
   -  Lewa has played 2492 mins, has taken 103 shots, and scored 30 goals (so a shot every 24 mins and a goal/shot %  of 29%) - compared to last year's
   -  Werner has played 2491 mins, has taken 91 shots and scored 25 goals (so a shot every 27 mins and a goal/shot % of 27%)
   -  Sancho has played 1978 mins, has taken 42 shots and scored 17 goals (so a shot only every 47 mins but a goal/shot % of 40%!)
« Last Edit: June 6, 2020, 05:04:50 pm by Scottymuser »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13450 on: June 6, 2020, 04:56:40 pm »
Leipzig concede in the 93rd minute :o

They are like us a few years ago. Massively inconsistent with too many draws. Red card or not they should have held on against Paderborn who are gone. Even more gutting for Gladbach not to have capitalized in the first half yesterday

A killer result for Dusseldorf. Played against 10 men for nearly the entire game and bollocksed it up. Tough to see them surviving now.

Dortmund and Leipzig are their next two games followed by Augsburg and Union. Werder definitely looking more fucked as well

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13451 on: June 6, 2020, 05:19:27 pm »
They are like us a few years ago. Massively inconsistent with too many draws. Red card or not they should have held on against Paderborn who are gone. Even more gutting for Gladbach not to have capitalized in the first half yesterday

Dortmund and Leipzig are their next two games followed by Augsburg and Union. Werder definitely looking more fucked as well

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13452 on: June 6, 2020, 05:19:33 pm »
No one has ever said he was ultra clinical, more that he gets into a shit ton of great situations because his movement, workrate and intelligence is second to none (well, other than Bobby), although this season he has definitely been better - it's Sancho who you should be looking at for actual clinical finishing as my post a few pages back - current stats to compare the 2 and lewa:
   -  Lewa has played 2492 mins, has taken 103 shots, and scored 30 goals (so a shot every 24 mins and a goal/shot %  of 29%) - compared to last year's
   -  Werner has played 2491 mins, has taken 91 shots and scored 25 goals (so a shot every 27 mins and a goal/shot % of 27%)
   -  Sancho has played 1978 mins, has taken 42 shots and scored 17 goals (so a shot only every 47 mins but a goal/shot % of 40%!)

Also, to compare him to our front 3 :
   -  Bobby  has played 2422 mins, has taken 62 shots, and scored 8 goals (so a shot every 39 mins and a goal/shot % of 13% - which is utterly terrible)
   -  Salah has played 2250 mins, has taken 69 shots and scored 16 goals (so a shot every 33 mins and a goal/shot % of 23%)
   -  Mane has played 2085 mins, has taken 54 shots and scored 14 goals (so a shot only every 39 mins as well and a goal/shot % of 26%)

For reference, Raul Jiminez have taken more shots than Mo or Bobby - a total of 74 in his 2485 mins, but with 13 goals he still has a better % than Bobby with 18% - as far as I can tell, Bobby is the leagues lowest % for shots going in this year; and unlike previous years his assists are lower as well

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13453 on: June 6, 2020, 05:25:30 pm »

That is all. ;D
Come on, he's a fine footballer. I think his positioning is outstanding as is his off-the-ball movement. You don't get to score all those goals-- consistently at that-- if you aren't clinical.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13454 on: June 6, 2020, 05:27:06 pm »
Odds for a Hertha win here.
#Sausages

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13455 on: June 6, 2020, 05:33:41 pm »
Anyone having problems seeing the picture? On my phone on the bt app and I can hear the commentary but can’t see anything

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13456 on: June 6, 2020, 05:35:12 pm »
Is Reus still injured?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13457 on: June 6, 2020, 05:36:50 pm »
Anyone having problems seeing the picture? On my phone on the bt app and I can hear the commentary but can’t see anything

It’s working now  ;D

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13458 on: June 6, 2020, 05:47:20 pm »
Is Reus still injured?
do popes sh*t in the woods?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13459 on: June 6, 2020, 05:58:40 pm »
The more of Grujic I see, the more I don’t want us to get rid. He’s definitely got something. He’s a bit...swaggery
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13460 on: June 6, 2020, 06:03:59 pm »
Is Reus still injured?

likely done for the season last I heard.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13461 on: June 6, 2020, 06:05:43 pm »
Hertha looked good here very well organized

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13462 on: June 6, 2020, 06:12:15 pm »
The more of Grujic I see, the more I don’t want us to get rid. He’s definitely got something. He’s a bit...swaggery

My only problem is his age - he isn't that young (he is 24 - he is only 1 year younger than Naby Keita for instance, who for me looks way better apart from injury proneness) and he looks good, but for me he would be at best 6th choice if Milner goes (defo behind Fab/Hendo/Gini/Keita/The Ox for our midfield 3) and he is measurably better than our other options coming through the youth setup (Wilson/Woodburn) to keep him and possibly block their progress?

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13463 on: June 6, 2020, 06:14:15 pm »
Also, for anyone who queries Sancho's work ethic - today he has been brilliant at tracking back - at least 3-4 times in this half alone he has tracked back and won the ball level with his own penalty box - more than Hazard and Brandt combined

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13464 on: June 6, 2020, 06:16:07 pm »
Also, for anyone who queries Sancho's work ethic - today he has been brilliant at tracking back - at least 3-4 times in this half alone he has tracked back and won the ball level with his own penalty box - more than Hazard and Brandt combined

He is amazing and from what I have seen Werner is nowhere near as talented or rounded as a player than him. But he is completely out of our grasp so if the moaning is intense now then imagine when he signs for Utd or someone else.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13465 on: June 6, 2020, 06:17:51 pm »

yeah, he is swaggery! Very noticable how he marshals his teammates on the pitch too.

Loved his harrassing of Sancho there, nicking the ball away and earning the free kick.

No idea if there’s a spot for him at Liverpool, but he’s definately got something. If he isn’t going to come back here, I hope he stays in the Bundesliga, could maybe see him on a team like Gladbach if he doesn’t stay with Hertha (and they’d love him to stay!).

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13466 on: June 6, 2020, 06:27:54 pm »
Watching Coman, Davies and Gnabry together is kind of fun?  It's also kind of grating after hating Bayern for so long.

Sancho ate himself out of shape during the break and even now doesn't look anywhere near as quick.  It's getting better but the embarrassing performance against Bayern set a pretty low bar.  Any potential buyer should beware IMO.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13467 on: June 6, 2020, 06:30:54 pm »
My only problem is his age - he isn't that young (he is 24 - he is only 1 year younger than Naby Keita for instance, who for me looks way better apart from injury proneness) and he looks good, but for me he would be at best 6th choice if Milner goes (defo behind Fab/Hendo/Gini/Keita/The Ox for our midfield 3) and he is measurably better than our other options coming through the youth setup (Wilson/Woodburn) to keep him and possibly block their progress?

Fucking hell I’d love to be old at 24 again :D

We’ve already got a strong, physical, athletic midfield but he just looks like he could be an absolute monster. Not sure exactly where he fits in, but he looks like he’s got the potential to be right in the conversation with a bit of tweaking.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13468 on: June 6, 2020, 06:39:27 pm »
What miss from Sancho.

Not interested after that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13469 on: June 6, 2020, 06:39:33 pm »
Sancho what a miss that was a sitter

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13470 on: June 6, 2020, 06:39:43 pm »
Sitter. Let him go to United

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13471 on: June 6, 2020, 06:39:50 pm »
How did Sancho miss that, should have scored.
#Sausages

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13472 on: June 6, 2020, 06:42:47 pm »
Boyata has been brilliant for Hertha

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13473 on: June 6, 2020, 06:45:16 pm »
Fucking hell I’d love to be old at 24 again :D

We’ve already got a strong, physical, athletic midfield but he just looks like he could be an absolute monster. Not sure exactly where he fits in, but he looks like he’s got the potential to be right in the conversation with a bit of tweaking.

My point was more a "young" player in football terms is usually someone 23 or younger, and thats the age you see the largest quantums in improvement - then from 23 to 26ish you are finslising you improvement, usually reaching your "peak" age around 27 until 29/30.  And watching him, I don't think Grujic looks like he could be "an absolute monster" personally - I'd love to be proved wrong, but he is now the same age as Can was when he left us for free, and I don't think he is any better than Can was at that time.  Can of course hasn't really progressed since he left as, and you could argue he stagnated the last year with us, whereas Grujic has definitely improved this year compared to last.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13474 on: June 6, 2020, 06:45:32 pm »
Nice finish Emre

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13475 on: June 6, 2020, 06:45:38 pm »
Emre Can scores ;D
#Sausages

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #13476 on: June 6, 2020, 06:45:59 pm »
What is the referee supposed to do if the ball in play hits a player who is warming up next to the line?
Can. :D
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13477 on: June 6, 2020, 06:46:20 pm »
Goalkeeper should save that, it's nowhere near the corner and not hit with any power.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13478 on: June 6, 2020, 06:46:21 pm »
that’s a really nice goal from Emre, nice set up.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #13479 on: June 6, 2020, 06:47:39 pm »
Get in Emre! Dortmund are amazing on the second half