Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1065569 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #13320 on: June 5, 2020, 08:55:51 pm »
Gladbach down to 10 men.
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13321 on: June 5, 2020, 08:55:58 pm »
Freiburg creating more now too, another decent move, but a poor effort at the end.

Gladbach going to have to go for it big time now.

Oopppps, naughty Plea! 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13322 on: June 5, 2020, 08:56:00 pm »
That's Gladbach finished.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13323 on: June 5, 2020, 08:56:06 pm »
Plea is sent off. That stupid yellow in the first half has cost them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13324 on: June 5, 2020, 08:56:19 pm »
Now down to ten men.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13325 on: June 5, 2020, 08:56:37 pm »
That’s a poor call for the second yellow!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13326 on: June 5, 2020, 08:57:16 pm »
Max Eberl sent off too

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13327 on: June 5, 2020, 08:57:24 pm »
Gladbach sporting director sent off too.
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13328 on: June 5, 2020, 08:57:32 pm »
Plea is sent off. That stupid yellow in the first half has cost them.

exactly, a daft booking to take, so avoidable first half.

Now after having a good game apart from that, he’s lost his head a bit.

Refs had enough  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13329 on: June 5, 2020, 08:57:36 pm »
HHahahahaha

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13330 on: June 5, 2020, 08:58:54 pm »
I find Gladbach to be quite... pretentious as a team. A goal can't be a Gladbach goal unless it's via a delightful finish or flowing move. They overcomplicate it to the point they do themselves damage.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13331 on: June 5, 2020, 09:00:18 pm »
Gladbach are screwed, with Bayern up next.

Shame but on terms of squad depth, they are right where they would be expected to be, they have the 5th best squad in the league. And quite the gap from 5th to 4th.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13332 on: June 5, 2020, 09:00:31 pm »
Wendt comes on for Herrmann

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13333 on: June 5, 2020, 09:02:08 pm »
Gladbach should be 4 or 5 up so many missed chances, this is often why Bayern win the title being much more ruthless, Bayern would be 5 up by now.
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13334 on: June 5, 2020, 09:03:03 pm »
I find Gladbach to be quite... pretentious as a team. A goal can't be a Gladbach goal unless it's via a delightful finish or flowing move. They overcomplicate it to the point they do themselves damage.

They were guilty of being over fussy in the first half at times. But Freiburg were fortunate with some of their defending too. The final ball hasn’t been good enough from BMG.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13335 on: June 5, 2020, 09:03:16 pm »
Luca Waldschmidt has so much nice approach play, but his finishing is well off tonight.

Koch could maybe have done better there and got closer to goal.

But then he is a defensive player  :D
« Last Edit: June 5, 2020, 09:05:35 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13336 on: June 5, 2020, 09:12:26 pm »
Great save by Sommer

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13337 on: June 5, 2020, 09:12:37 pm »
What a save that is, should be 2-0
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13338 on: June 5, 2020, 09:12:52 pm »
Great move, great save from Sommer.

That’s why he is the best goalie in the league  8)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13339 on: June 5, 2020, 09:14:05 pm »
That move there sums up Gladbach’s luck. Inches from going in.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13340 on: June 5, 2020, 09:23:37 pm »
Gladbach all but in the EL now. An awful result, which should have been very different had the finishing been more on point.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13341 on: June 5, 2020, 09:24:03 pm »
I can’t be sad about that result, sorry  :-[  I got all the time in the world for Freiburg, and I’m a fully fledged member of the Christian Streich fanclub.

Good game anyway, entertaining stuff, frustrating for Gladbach, but both teams had some good chances, and both goalies played well when called upon. Gladbach didn’t test Schwolow enough 2nd half, then the red card was a killer.

Christian Streich :lmao

Just punched one of his own trainers  ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13342 on: June 5, 2020, 09:25:33 pm »
Think it's been pleasantly surprising how good the BL games have been since the restart.  Aside from an awful Schalke/Werder game I've enjoyed almost all of them that I've watched.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13343 on: June 5, 2020, 09:26:59 pm »
I can’t be sad about that result, sorry  :-[  I got all the time in the world for Freiburg, and I’m a fully fledged member of the Christian Streich fanclub.

Good game anyway, entertaining stuff, frustrating for Gladbach, but both teams had some good chances, and both goalies played well when called upon. Gladbach didn’t test Schwolow enough 2nd half, then the red card was a killer.

A serious, for realsies punch?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13344 on: June 5, 2020, 09:27:13 pm »
Gladbach next match vs Bayern away, Bayern could well need the win there to confirm them as champions too.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13345 on: June 5, 2020, 09:29:04 pm »
Think it's been pleasantly surprising how good the BL games have been since the restart.  Aside from an awful Schalke/Werder game I've enjoyed almost all of them that I've watched.

That's the way Bundesliga play with or without fans, but most of the matches have been enjoyable, just annoying Bayern are more ruthless & consistent than the rest.
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13346 on: June 5, 2020, 09:33:44 pm »
A serious, for realsies punch?

It was an accident, he was just really excited and got carried away celebrating, but it was hilarious :lmao

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13347 on: June 5, 2020, 09:39:12 pm »

You don't have to apologise.  ;D  I'm sick as a dog though.  :(

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13348 on: June 5, 2020, 09:39:49 pm »
Gladbach next match vs Bayern away, Bayern could well need the win there to confirm them as champions too.

Haven't Gladbach beaten Bayern recently?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13349 on: June 5, 2020, 10:21:36 pm »
That reminded me of us a couple of years ago with all the fancy football but just couldn't stick the back of the net. BMG will regret that massively, should've at least been a draw.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13350 on: June 5, 2020, 10:23:40 pm »
That's the way Bundesliga play with or without fans, but most of the matches have been enjoyable, just annoying Bayern are more ruthless & consistent than the rest.

Also helps when you make double the money of your nearest competitor and the rest of the league has no issue with you poaching their best players for minimal or no fee.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13351 on: June 5, 2020, 10:26:38 pm »
That reminded me of us a couple of years ago with all the fancy football but just couldn't stick the back of the net. BMG will regret that massively, should've at least been a draw.

They didn't get a lot of luck when it mattered. Their crossing was a bit out all night, the one time when someone managed to put in a wonderful cross about two players were inches away from putting it in. It was one of those nights when it just didn't happen.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13352 on: June 5, 2020, 10:28:33 pm »
They didn't get a lot of luck when it mattered. Their crossing was a bit out all night, the one time when someone managed to put in a wonderful cross about two players were inches away from putting it in. It was one of those nights when it just didn't happen.

It is unlucky yeah but there's been one or two performances like that since they've returned. Need to win these games if they want CL football.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13353 on: June 5, 2020, 10:32:32 pm »
Haven't Gladbach beaten Bayern recently?

Yep but needed a 92nd minute penalty to win it at home though, Bayern need 9 points from the last 5 to be confirmed champions, win tomorrow & midweek against Frankfurt & Bayern will need to beat Gladbach to be confirmed as champions, withBayern being as ruthless as they have i cant see any other than a Bayern win.
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13354 on: June 5, 2020, 10:42:26 pm »
It is unlucky yeah but there's been one or two performances like that since they've returned. Need to win these games if they want CL football.

I can't argue with that, their squad does need some improvements though and injuries are still costing which makes a big difference I guess. I am just hoping whatever happens they can keep hold of Rose.

Yep but needed a 92nd minute penalty to win it at home though, Bayern need 9 points from the last 5 to be confirmed champions, win tomorrow & midweek against Frankfurt & Bayern will need to beat Gladbach to be confirmed as champions, withBayern being as ruthless as they have i cant see any other than a Bayern win.

I thought they had. I'm certainly not confident of them beating Bayern the way they are playing at the moment. It's just a shame that this title race is not going to the end, even the top four places look quite predictable now sadly.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13355 on: June 5, 2020, 10:44:24 pm »

I thought they had. I'm certainly not confident of them beating Bayern the way they are playing at the moment. It's just a shame that this title race is not going to the end, even the top four places look quite predictable now sadly.

Just a bit like here where the title race will be over after 2 or 3 matches. ;D
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13356 on: June 5, 2020, 10:47:10 pm »
Just a bit like here where the title race will be over after 2 or 3 matches. ;D

We hope. We will have to see who is ready and who is not. It'll be interesting to see if teams struggle at home too like in the Bundesliga.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13357 on: June 5, 2020, 10:57:27 pm »
We hope. We will have to see who is ready and who is not. It'll be interesting to see if teams struggle at home too like in the Bundesliga.

If it's anything like the Bundesliga when we return, we'll beat Everton & City away but lose to Palace.
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13358 on: June 5, 2020, 11:06:03 pm »
If it's anything like the Bundesliga when we return, we'll beat Everton & City away but lose to Palace.

It would be like going back to the old days.  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13359 on: June 5, 2020, 11:16:52 pm »
It would be like going back to the old days.  ;D

Haaa yep. ;D
#Sausages