Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129713 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61080 on: November 7, 2019, 01:25:00 pm »
Definitely Inoue's toughest test to date. Frampton was right about Donaire being dead at the weight when he fought him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61081 on: November 8, 2019, 08:11:08 am »
What the fcuk was that ref smoking? That was the slowest count of all time, 14 seconds minimum plus worse still stopped Inoue from sending Donaire to outer space. Having seen anything as farcical since IJL stopped the fight between Mckenzie and macrinelli

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61082 on: November 8, 2019, 09:14:36 am »
What the fcuk was that ref smoking? That was the slowest count of all time, 14 seconds minimum plus worse still stopped Inoue from sending Donaire to outer space. Having seen anything as farcical since IJL stopped the fight between Mckenzie and macrinelli
I remember you saying that was your biggest ever bet though, so it worked out well  ;D

One great thing about boxing is that just when you think a fighter is levels above, he gets a proper 'test' when you don't expect it. I actually figured Donaire would take Inoue rounds but didnt believe he would go the full 12 AND make a fight of it. Ok, he could have been (possibly) stopped near the end but hats off to Donaire. I do wonder how his prime version would have fared at this weight against Inoue.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2019, 09:21:22 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61083 on: November 11, 2019, 12:25:19 pm »
Inoue is P4P top5 probably now but the shitty thing as always is anything below Lightweight is rarely paid any dues.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61084 on: November 13, 2019, 03:20:00 am »
Apparently 20 years ago he became the last undisputed champion

Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #61085 on: November 13, 2019, 10:34:18 am »

Was that when he beat Holyfield at the second time of asking after that very controversial draw in the first fight?

I now feel old!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61086 on: November 13, 2019, 10:34:31 am »
Would wipe the floor with every current heavyweight if he was in his prime right now. Fury would cause him problems in the opening rounds but he’d take full control after the third.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61087 on: November 13, 2019, 11:29:49 am »
Was that when he beat Holyfield at the second time of asking after that very controversial draw in the first fight?

I now feel old!

Ironically the second fight could have been a draw!

Would wipe the floor with every current heavyweight if he was in his prime right now. Fury would cause him problems in the opening rounds but he’d take full control after the third.

I think he was massively underrated in his time, only really appreciated looking back.  I think he'd take Fury apart.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61088 on: November 13, 2019, 12:09:08 pm »

Last Undisputed Heavyweight champ.  :P

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61089 on: November 13, 2019, 12:10:09 pm »
Lennox wiped the floor with Holyfield in the first fight but in the second fight when it really was a draw he got the win.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61090 on: November 13, 2019, 01:03:15 pm »
Lads, Eddie Hearn thinking about putting on Sterling v Gomez next. Who you got?  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61091 on: November 13, 2019, 01:12:22 pm »
Lads, Eddie Hearn thinking about putting on Sterling v Gomez next. Who you got?  ;D

Can you imagine the PPV buys on that one  ;D ;D ;D

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61092 on: November 13, 2019, 08:26:44 pm »

Not a chance Fury causing Lewis problems early doors. Fury would get the Andrew Golota and Michael Grant treatment off Lennox, with the big guys Lennox just goes to war and takes them out. Fury is awkward but he has less punching power than the two fighters i mentioned and they had no answer to the assault off Lewis. Fury wouldnt see round 2 for me and i like Fury but Lewis was a different breed and an all time great heavyweight.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61093 on: November 16, 2019, 02:26:23 pm »
I see sky/Eddie have raised the PPV prices. Nice touch "for the fans" just before Christmas. That'll be here to stay now I guess and all the others will want a piece of the pie and complain if it gets dropped to £20 again.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61094 on: November 16, 2019, 03:33:26 pm »
As we say in the boxing thread "Stream everything".  :D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61095 on: November 16, 2019, 04:55:47 pm »
Not a chance Fury causing Lewis problems early doors. Fury would get the Andrew Golota and Michael Grant treatment off Lennox, with the big guys Lennox just goes to war and takes them out. Fury is awkward but he has less punching power than the two fighters i mentioned and they had no answer to the assault off Lewis. Fury wouldnt see round 2 for me and i like Fury but Lewis was a different breed and an all time great heavyweight.
I remember the build up to the Grant fight.

The Yanks were all pretty adamant Grant was the real deal and the man to bring the titles back to the good ol USA.

I remember they had one of those 1 to 1 face off interviews and Lewis  pretty much told him to his face that you've only been boxing 5-6 years and you think you can beat a boxer who's been boxing 25 years and telling him boxing is a art form etc.

Lewis proper took him to the cleaners from the first bell just like he did against Golota and Rahman rematch.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 04:59:04 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61096 on: November 16, 2019, 07:22:50 pm »
Ironically the second fight could have been a draw!

I think he was massively underrated in his time, only really appreciated looking back.  I think he'd take Fury apart.
No arguments from me. I thought he was a right bellend when I was growing up  ;D. Great champion though! I think he would have far too much for Fury but would also be slightly susceptible to a lottery punch from Wilder or Joshua. He would outbox both with ease though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61097 on: November 20, 2019, 01:56:06 pm »
Seen new pics of AJ, he's looking leaner, which is good.  He really should've been below 18 stones for every one of his fights.  For the Takam fight he was nearer to 19 stones for fuck sakes.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61098 on: November 20, 2019, 02:03:52 pm »
Seen new pics of AJ, he's looking leaner, which is good.  He really should've been below 18 stones for every one of his fights.  For the Takam fight he was nearer to 19 stones for fuck sakes.

Ruiz looked in good shape last pictures I saw as well.  I mean, good shape by his standards.

Saw some pics of Ortiz last week, he's looking a lot leaner too.  Tremendous shape for a man of his age.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61099 on: November 20, 2019, 02:16:05 pm »
Grandad should be in his slippers but he's going back in with a human windmill.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61100 on: November 20, 2019, 03:08:31 pm »
Grandad should be in his slippers but he's going back in with a human windmill.  ;D

Yeah shame on Wilder for committing elder abuse.

Part of me is thinking that Grandpa has a chance this weekend, but then these rematches where the underdog outperformed expectations the first time round never go as well the second time.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61101 on: November 20, 2019, 03:38:12 pm »
Joshua looks weird, almost anorexic. Fancy his chances this time though, money’s on him.

Dillian Whyte also fighting on the undercard apparently, no opponent named yet.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61102 on: November 20, 2019, 05:56:00 pm »
Yeah shame on Wilder for committing elder abuse.

Part of me is thinking that Grandpa has a chance this weekend, but then these rematches where the underdog outperformed expectations the first time round never go as well the second time.
I've heard that Ortiz didn't have good preparation for the last fight. Every chance he puts out a last hurrah type performance if he can avoid getting cold cocked early. He very nearly laid out Wilder the last fight so he is a live dog, and a very old one! If he wins, he needs to admit his real age and become the oldest ever champion  ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #61103 on: November 21, 2019, 09:37:47 am »
Interesting analysis of the previous fight. Lot of talking over each other though which gets annoying fast.

They all took the piss out of Froch for bringing up his Groves fight (how many people watched that again?)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bCFZzpWC1w8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bCFZzpWC1w8</a>

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61104 on: November 21, 2019, 11:07:24 am »
Turned it off after a few minutes, sounds more like a debate down at the pub. Froch is fucking unbearable, absolute twat who loves himself. Shame he never got truly sparked out during his career.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61105 on: November 21, 2019, 01:23:46 pm »
That's Carl " I fought in front of 80k at Wembley" Froch to you.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61106 on: November 21, 2019, 02:05:39 pm »
I quite like Froch.  The Alan Partridge of boxing.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61107 on: November 21, 2019, 03:27:46 pm »
I like all those guys that were on that panel. Yeah they are all talkers and the talking over each other was annoying. But they all have really good takes on how that fight went and how the next fight will go

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61108 on: November 23, 2019, 06:44:25 pm »
I like John Ryder, good arguably European level fighter who gives it his best. However, I don't know why Smith is taking this fight. He left this level a long time ago.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #61109 on: November 23, 2019, 07:16:46 pm »
Times and channels for this evening's festivities? :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61110 on: November 23, 2019, 07:44:41 pm »
Smith fight is on Sky Sports Action. Undercard on now, main event expected about half 10 ish....so likely to be 11 ::)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61111 on: November 23, 2019, 09:18:38 pm »
That announcer repeating surnames really pisses me off

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61112 on: November 23, 2019, 10:03:58 pm »
So do we think this goes more than 3 rounds?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61113 on: November 23, 2019, 10:12:33 pm »
Nope. Could be done in one ::)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61114 on: November 23, 2019, 10:14:43 pm »
Fucking size difference ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61115 on: November 23, 2019, 10:23:07 pm »
Proving hard to hit because he's short ;D

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61116 on: November 23, 2019, 10:25:53 pm »
Yes I ;D. Smith is getting to him now though

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61117 on: November 23, 2019, 10:29:39 pm »
Ryder's doing well enough but it just looks like every thing Smith is doing hurts more. I think he'll break him down eventually.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #61118 on: November 23, 2019, 10:34:09 pm »
Obviously been watching old videos. Announcers used to do it donkeys years ago
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61119 on: November 23, 2019, 10:36:02 pm »

I'm not watching it but is it the bloke with the dodgy dreads?

I think it's hilarious myself.