Author Topic: Joe Rogan Experience  (Read 19145 times)

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
Re: Joe Rogan Experience
« Reply #40 on: October 6, 2019, 03:37:19 pm »
No idea how.
Guy is as mainstream as they come.

Find his shows really interesting.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 6, 2019, 04:53:18 pm »
I think in his quest to be fair and balanced politically he does give a platform to right wing/conspiracy theorist sympathisers, more often than you will see on most other mainstream sources. This gives many in the alt-right sphere something to hold their hat on. It’s unfortunate but an inevitable consequence.

To be honest I don’t have much time for the political podcasts, I prefer when he has anthropologists/business owners and sports stars on.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 6, 2019, 05:13:51 pm »
Maybe. Wouldn’t call Peterson alt right though. Maybe some wish to label him that. Then again, the hard left is as bad as anyone.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 6, 2019, 05:57:51 pm »
Very low comment on his current addiction problems - his wife is going through terminal cancer - give the guy a break.

Nah, not when you make your money by saying that people should do exactly the opposite thing to what you do. Same as the Republicans who force their mistresses to have abortions while campaigning against it IMO. Get your own house in order before trying to change the world, isn’t that the exact thesis he expounds?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 6, 2019, 05:59:46 pm »
I'm not saying all Joe Rogan fans are right wing white supremacists, but all right wing white supremacists are joe Rogan fans.

Some truth in that.
My mate who was an Alex Jones fan moved on to Rogan after finally realising Jones was an utter shitbag. Not much to recommend an Alex Jones Lite IMO.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2019, 06:03:23 pm by SamAteTheRedAcid »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 6, 2019, 06:01:26 pm »
Maybe. Wouldn’t call Peterson alt right though. Maybe some wish to label him that. Then again, the hard left is as bad as anyone.

Honoured to be made out to be Far Left to be honest, pretty sure I’m what most of them would mock as a Centrist Dad to be honest.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 6, 2019, 06:21:11 pm »
Honoured to be made out to be Far Left to be honest, pretty sure I’m what most of them would mock as a Centrist Dad to be honest.

Didn’t see me mentioning you though. I generally don’t label people I don’t know.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 6, 2019, 06:30:59 pm »
Nah, not when you make your money by saying that people should do exactly the opposite thing to what you do. Same as the Republicans who force their mistresses to have abortions while campaigning against it IMO. Get your own house in order before trying to change the world, isn’t that the exact thesis he expounds?

He has been open in his videos about dealing with depression in the past and needing to take medication to help with it. I've never heard him argue a case against meds where necessary. If there's a chemical imbalance in the brain then they should be taken. The guy taught at Harvard, has over 20 years of clinical psychology experience so I'll take his opinion over yours unless you have any such relevant experience to back it up?

The republican/abortion comment is just weird.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 6, 2019, 07:25:05 pm »
I think it’s a brilliant platform. I’ve listened to some really random viewpoints - stuff I definitely would not have come across during my usual exposure to the type of media I usually come across. Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson ones were fascinating for example. The political ones are very varied - Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders and I believe a few more democrats have been on. The Andrew yang and Bernie sanders ones were very good I thought. That’s probably what, 10hrs worth of platform on his show for the left. So interesting to hear the alt right questions above! I think it’s a bit like the criticisms of the bbc - depending on your personal politics one may get the impression there’s too much airtime (and association, therefore) given to the opposition politics.

I like that it’s a very popular platform and gives such a broad range of viewpoints airtime. I had to draw the line at bob lazar one though, had to turn that one off part way through - clearly a hoax I thought, but they’re sitting there discussing it seriously. Fair play to him for his ability to do that, makes for  a great interviewer!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Joe Rogan Experience
« Reply #49 on: October 7, 2019, 01:29:51 am »
Rogan has so many guests from all walks of life. That’s the secret to his podcasts success. There’s something for everyone.

I disregard the people I’m not interested in and watch the ones that appeal such as Louis Theroux, The Black Keys, Chuck Palahniuk, Sebastian Junger, Billy Corgan, Eddie Izzard and Bernie Sanders. Do that and chances are you’ll enjoy his podcast.

He gives a voice to everyone, and bizarrely his detractors seem to have a problem with that. That mindset shows an inability to accept that people will have different personalities to you, different beliefs.

I enjoy Jordan Peterson’s content too. Again, there are some parts of the fan base I don’t care for. And again, I don’t engage with that. I watch his lectures and long form interviews which can be really stimulating. He has very good communication skills. I’ve learnt a ton of history alone from his YouTube channel.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 7, 2019, 01:50:52 am »
Is Joe Rogan associated with the right wing?

No he isnt

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: October 7, 2019, 02:28:52 am »
No he isnt

I don’t think he knows what he is, his views are usually scattergun and contradictory.

As has been said he does host some genuinely interesting people at times but when it comes to politics he’s disproportionately platformed vast swathes of alt-right conspiracy theorists and white nationalist pundits and thugs, usually because he knows it gets clicks off his majority white, male audience. He’s also been a peddler of the “Europe has fallen to Muslims” narrative and other far right red meat conspiracies. He’s a gullible mug at best and seemingly would have his “mind blown” by someone blowing in his ears.

Christ people still lauding Peterson the absolute charlatan :lmao Before he lost the plot and spoke about his actual vocation he was interesting at times, now despite not being even in the top 500 of clinical psychologists in the world, he has carved out a solid grift. Sadly he’s descended into one of these alt-centrist types that feigns “balance and rationality” but endorses, amplifies and repeats freely most alt-right viewpoints and nonsense. Plus is an anti-Semite, pushed race realist science and is a Tommy Robinson supporter, the guys a fucking wanker. But hey, if getting told to tidy your room gets your dick hard then crack on.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 03:05:54 am by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 7, 2019, 06:45:17 am »
I haven’t heard anything from Peterson that puts him in the alt right category. Which alt-right viewpoints?I have heard him promote free speech. Which is still an important thing. The talks of «hate speech», I don’t get it. To me it seems to be based on people reacting that he has a different opinion than them on certain things and don’t «like» it, and thereby try to force their opinion back and put a label on him.That’s not a good thing.But in most cases my impression is that people read stuff into Peterson’s words that just isn’t there(based on own thoughts about different things.)

That you defend a person’s right to speak out about something doesn’t mean you agree with what they’re saying.

My general impression of him is that he despises extreme ideologies on both side, the far right and the far left. Both are dangerous.My impression is that if he focus a lot on the hard left more, is because he feels they go more under the radar in the mainstream and have become more acceptable under the social justice warrior tag. Which he finds dangerous.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 07:08:08 am by Raaphael »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #53 on: October 7, 2019, 08:55:41 am »
I haven’t heard anything from Peterson that puts him in the alt right category. Which alt-right viewpoints?I have heard him promote free speech.

I've never listened to the show in question, and although I've heard the name I've never read or listened to anything by Peterson so I'm not saying you're wrong, but hiding behind 'defending free speech' is pretty common these days with the alt-right. It's the slightly posher 'political correctness gone mad', and usually means that the person in question doesn't want to accept consequences for their insults and mockery etc (often grouped under the inocuous term 'banter').

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 7, 2019, 09:30:09 am »
I've never listened to the show in question, and although I've heard the name I've never read or listened to anything by Peterson so I'm not saying you're wrong, but hiding behind 'defending free speech' is pretty common these days with the alt-right. It's the slightly posher 'political correctness gone mad', and usually means that the person in question doesn't want to accept consequences for their insults and mockery etc (often grouped under the inocuous term 'banter').

Isn`t there a point to it though? That people under the "social justice warrior" tag more and more are holding the rules for/defining what is accaptable speech and not? I mean, I understand your point, but my point is that if you`re far enough left it seems to be acceptable to define what`s offensive and not. Why is that right?
And I`m not talking about racial issues. One example is how comedians pretty much avoid performing at Universities anymore, because the politicial correctness has become so extreme that anything is offensive. Is that a good development and why have it become so? Or the proverb thing with gender. When people find it offensive and even hate speech to call someone "he" or "she" instead of for instance "them". That`s crazy to me.

I think maybe that`s why Peterson seems to "defend"(though I`m not sure if that`s what he does) certain things which traditionally is concidered alt right. Not necessarily because he agrees with it, but because he believes the far left is just as bad and can be just as dangerous(but it seems more acceptable in society to be on that side of the spectrum). Maybe(but that`s my interpretation) he also thinks that one extreme makes the chance of another extreme to grow bigger.

That`s also what I get out of his comment: 'In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive.'

I`ve yet to see anything he says that makes him alt right. All I`ve seen is people(sometimes with their own ideology) trying to label him by interpreting stuff that in my opinion is a misunderstanding of what he says, or sometimes putting words into things he hasn`t said at all. Ironically being accused of bigotry when that might apply to some of the people accusing him of various stuff. Then again, I haven`t seen all his lectures online.

« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 11:01:29 am by Raaphael »

Online RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 7, 2019, 12:24:44 pm »
I don’t think he knows what he is, his views are usually scattergun and contradictory.

As has been said he does host some genuinely interesting people at times but when it comes to politics he’s disproportionately platformed vast swathes of alt-right conspiracy theorists and white nationalist pundits and thugs, usually because he knows it gets clicks off his majority white, male audience. He’s also been a peddler of the “Europe has fallen to Muslims” narrative and other far right red meat conspiracies. He’s a gullible mug at best and seemingly would have his “mind blown” by someone blowing in his ears.

Christ people still lauding Peterson the absolute charlatan :lmao Before he lost the plot and spoke about his actual vocation he was interesting at times, now despite not being even in the top 500 of clinical psychologists in the world, he has carved out a solid grift. Sadly he’s descended into one of these alt-centrist types that feigns “balance and rationality” but endorses, amplifies and repeats freely most alt-right viewpoints and nonsense. Plus is an anti-Semite, pushed race realist science and is a Tommy Robinson supporter, the guys a fucking wanker. But hey, if getting told to tidy your room gets your dick hard then crack on.

He literally says this pretty much every second podcast, not sure why people feel the need to label other people as far left or far right. You can have leftist views along with views from the right, it's not necessarily a contradiction.

He also said many times he doesn't necessarily agree with his guests but he does want to hear their point of view, why is this a bad thing? Especially in this day and age. I've also not noticed this "disproportionate amount of alt-right conspiracy theorists and white nationalist pundits" that you speak of, can you elaborate?

Don't really have an opinion about Peterson because I never really listened/read his work but some of the stuff said about Rogan (in general) is completely ridiculous.

(I listen to a lot of podcasts while at work)

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 7, 2019, 12:36:45 pm »
Jordan Peterson is a Tommy Robinson "supporter"?

I`ve never seen that. When has he said that? Would be nice to get some actual quotes from him on that if that`s the case.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #57 on: October 7, 2019, 12:46:49 pm »
I do enjoy some of his shows. I mainly enjoy the MMA/Boxing side of things but I do catch the occasional celebrity show and they can be really interesting

Is Joe Rogan associated with the right wing?

I do think he is very balanced. Not just with guests but with his opinions. He is very outspoken about gun control (whilst being a gun advocate) and Trump.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 12:49:16 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 7, 2019, 12:57:59 pm »
I wouldn`t imagine Rogan to be right wing.

Seems like a really sound guy.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #59 on: October 7, 2019, 01:12:09 pm »
Isn`t there a point to it though? That people under the "social justice warrior" tag more and more are holding the rules for/defining what is accaptable speech and not? I mean, I understand your point, but my point is that if you`re far enough left it seems to be acceptable to define what`s offensive and not. Why is that right?
And I`m not talking about racial issues. One example is how comedians pretty much avoid performing at Universities anymore, because the politicial correctness has become so extreme that anything is offensive. Is that a good development and why have it become so? Or the proverb thing with gender. When people find it offensive and even hate speech to call someone "he" or "she" instead of for instance "them". That`s crazy to me.

I guess the left/right thing is explainable by 'left' in this case meaning socially progressive (rather than an economic 'left') rather than socially conservative. Given the world's general direction of travel on social issues it seems natural to me that progressives are likely to be more in tune with what 'should' be acceptable than conservatives, who are clinging to older values.

Also it's not about 'defining' what's offensive, it's about being empathetic and understanding when something might be offensive to people. You say the pronoun thing is crazy to you. But that doesn't make it invalid.

I'm not familar with the comedians/universities thing, but acts I find funny wouldn't have an issue playing to an overtly PC crowd. What a lot of people who decry 'attacks on free speech' really want is to be offensive and then be free of any consequences for it. A 21st century Jim Davidson could perform their act wherever they wanted, I wouldn't seek to censor/ban it, but if his material gets him panned in places like unis and loses him future bookings then that's on him/her/them, not society.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 01:14:29 pm by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 7, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »
The gender pronoun thing as far as I’ve know has got into the laws in Canada. That’s ridiculous in my opinion.  I find that invalid. I find that to be forcing language on others. It has nothing to do with being offensive. Who deceides what’s offensive? I can be offended of someone finding it offensive. Where does it end?

I saw Sam Smith wanting to be referred to AS «they». Is he plural now? Is it «hate speech» to refer to him as «he». When people in the worst concequence  can potentially go to jail for this, something is seriously wrong.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/05/17/you-can-be-fined-for-not-calling-people-ze-or-hir-if-thats-the-pronoun-they-demand-that-you-use/%3foutputType=amp
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 01:54:59 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 7, 2019, 02:13:38 pm »
I wouldn`t imagine Rogan to be right wing.

Seems like a really sound guy.
He panders to both, which, if you think about it, is worse. I've often heard him make ridiculous, uneducated remarks about political situations and historical figures. All given from his lofty point of view of being a rich, white American, of course.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 7, 2019, 02:20:53 pm »
He literally says this pretty much every second podcast, not sure why people feel the need to label other people as far left or far right. You can have leftist views along with views from the right, it's not necessarily a contradiction.

Absolutely true. And those right leaning views vary depending on the internal politics of the country you come from. However, try and explain that to most right to far right leaning people, especially from America. Their brains aren't wired that way, and as such, you'd probably cause it to short circuit. That's not a dig at Americans in general, btw. It's just my experience of right leaning republicans from there, and conservatives in other places in general.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 7, 2019, 02:24:23 pm »
He panders to both, which, if you think about it, is worse. I've often heard him make ridiculous, uneducated remarks about political situations and historical figures. All given from his lofty point of view of being a rich, white American, of course.

Can you name any examples and if so, why is it worse?

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #64 on: October 7, 2019, 02:29:39 pm »
The gender pronoun thing as far as I’ve know has got into the laws in Canada. That’s ridiculous in my opinion.  I find that invalid. I find that to be forcing language on others.

Sometimes it's just about having a basic amount of respect for other people. If you were calling me fatass, and I told you that in fact my name was Phillip, but you carried on calling me fatass, am I wrong to feel offended because you don't want the language of my actual name enforced over your preference to label me with something I find insulting?

It has nothing to do with being offensive. Who deceides what’s offensive? I can be offended of someone finding it offensive. Where does it end?

Ah, the old 'who decides' poser. It's not a 'decision' to feel offended by something, although your next statement indicates you believe the opposite! Honestly you're just starting to bang the "it's political correctness gone mad" drum now and it's all a bit "things have changed and they make me uncomfortable so something should be done about it".

This is all a bit off topic now, I'm sure it's a lovely podcast in general though!

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 7, 2019, 02:40:25 pm »
Sometimes it's just about having a basic amount of respect for other people. If you were calling me fatass, and I told you that in fact my name was Phillip, but you carried on calling me fatass, am I wrong to feel offended because you don't want the language of my actual name enforced over your preference to label me with something I find insulting?

The problem with this is when it comes into laws. It`s one thing to not being allowed to say certain things(like racial things), another to force people to say something.

Thereby the "Your highness" thing in the article. Where does it end if it`s about what you identify as? If I identify as an animal(which some people do)  should I find it disrespectful if people don`t refer to me as Mr. Horse, Wolf etc?According to that article there`s talk about more than 40 "genders". Based on what?   

While I understand not offending people on purpose I also think it`s a problem when stuff like this comes into laws.

There`s also a difference between "fatass",Philip(which is a name) and a pronoun. Common pronouns like "he" or "she"(which is basically based on biology). "He" or "she" are not words for respect either. They are just standard categories.

On the second thing. I`m just discussing something. Maybe political correctness have gone far? Why is that a wrong view? What`s wrong with discussions around something?
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 02:46:43 pm by Raaphael »

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 7, 2019, 03:44:15 pm »
Peterson, like all these “defenders of free speech” only like it when it’s one way.. use free speech against him and he cries “defamation” and he will try and sue :lmao

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/pa8dyy/free-speech-hero-jordan-peterson-launches-another-defamation-lawsuit

Quelle surprise.. he also completely misrepresented the Canada pronoun case too:

https://torontoist.com/2016/12/are-jordan-petersons-claims-about-bill-c-16-correct/
https://factcheck.afp.com/no-canadians-cannot-be-jailed-or-fined-just-using-wrong-gender-pronoun

On his Tommy Robinson support.. as usual deliberately misunderstands and lies about the situation to feed his fanbase some red meat, doing the far right’s work for them.. again..

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1029078898695438336?s=21

Rogan isn’t right wing but he’s a fully paid up culture warrior and as a podcast host with a big audience you have to have some semblance of journalistic instinct to question people spouting utter drivel.

« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 04:40:01 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 7, 2019, 05:01:21 pm »
Can you name any examples and if so, why is it worse?
Because he comes across as very disingenuous or lacking in knowledge on a particular subject, or he hopscotches on certain views depending on who he's talking to. It's a general observation of listening to him over the past couple of years. He'll say one thing, then contradict himself the next in another discussion. Nothing worse than a hypocrite.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 8, 2019, 07:58:20 am »
Peterson, like all these “defenders of free speech” only like it when it’s one way.. use free speech against him and he cries “defamation” and he will try and sue :lmao

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/pa8dyy/free-speech-hero-jordan-peterson-launches-another-defamation-lawsuit

Quelle surprise.. he also completely misrepresented the Canada pronoun case too:

https://torontoist.com/2016/12/are-jordan-petersons-claims-about-bill-c-16-correct/
https://factcheck.afp.com/no-canadians-cannot-be-jailed-or-fined-just-using-wrong-gender-pronoun

On his Tommy Robinson support.. as usual deliberately misunderstands and lies about the situation to feed his fanbase some red meat, doing the far right’s work for them.. again..

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1029078898695438336?s=21

Rogan isn’t right wing but he’s a fully paid up culture warrior and as a podcast host with a big audience you have to have some semblance of journalistic instinct to question people spouting utter drivel.

Problem is Joe Rogan isn't really intelligent enough to challenge his guests.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 8, 2019, 02:20:37 pm »
Problem is Joe Rogan isn't really intelligent enough to challenge his guests.
That's what I mean when I say he takes the middle ground and sits on the fence, esepecially when he gets some dickhead on talking bollocks. He often indulges and adds to the bollocks. He panders.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 8, 2019, 03:19:38 pm »
That's what I mean when I say he takes the middle ground and sits on the fence, esepecially when he gets some dickhead on talking bollocks. He often indulges and adds to the bollocks. He panders.

That's why I can only listen to certain guests that he has on.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 8, 2019, 04:39:32 pm »
That's why I can only listen to certain guests that he has on.
Yeah, more about the guest than anything. It's not about him.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2019, 05:49:00 pm »
Ok, well maybe you guys are right.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2019, 08:35:48 am »
If you are a fan of the conspiracy theory side to his show then he's managed to get Edward Snowden on for a near 3 hour show.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2019, 03:04:33 pm »
Ed Snowden was a recent guest the other day on his Podcast, will listen/watch that sometime this week.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2019, 08:49:48 pm »
If you filter out the political guests and cherry pick, the Joe Rogan podcast is a rich vein of "interesting" and also provides some great impromptu humour. Joey Diaz and Theo Von podcasts have had me reeling for a few years now. The Dorian Yates podcast was excellent, and Megan Phelps Roper, a recent wayfarer from the Westboro Baptist Church was also a very intriguing interview.

Say what you like, but long-form podcast "interviews" or "chats" are streets ahead of anything being offered on mainstream media outlets and present a much more rounded and realistic take on just what goes on in this crazy world of ours.
YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2019, 08:51:19 pm »
Theo Von is humanity's secret treasure.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 2, 2019, 09:55:46 am »
Theo Von is humanity's secret treasure.
He's the only guy with a Mullet I respect.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 2, 2019, 05:09:58 pm »
If you filter out the political guests and cherry pick, the Joe Rogan podcast is a rich vein of "interesting" and also provides some great impromptu humour. Joey Diaz and Theo Von podcasts have had me reeling for a few years now. The Dorian Yates podcast was excellent, and Megan Phelps Roper, a recent wayfarer from the Westboro Baptist Church was also a very intriguing interview.

Say what you like, but long-form podcast "interviews" or "chats" are streets ahead of anything being offered on mainstream media outlets and present a much more rounded and realistic take on just what goes on in this crazy world of ours.

Absolutely agree there - it’s brilliant because there is so much time to delve deeper into whatever topics they’re discussing.

I’m still a big fan of this, and I like how Joe Rogan’s become more confident in his questioning and challenging guests at times. But he does it in a way which is never antagonistic, which helps the guests open up more. That’s great because they get to delve deeper into the topics. He’s a very talented interviewer.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 3, 2019, 03:26:33 pm »
He's the only guy with a Mullet I respect.

The one and true rat king