Author Topic: Confiscated members cards  (Read 36370 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Confiscated members cards
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 05:51:50 pm »
I get that. I was thinking what you need to sort first, then hoping you can explain and sort the rest out.  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 05:57:43 pm »
Load of bollocks what they're at. No fear they'd target the actual tout scumbags

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 05:58:44 pm »
Not just tomorrow, if I loose my card then I loose all the remaining prem home games and possibly missing out on a Wembley final ticket. If we make champions league ill loose my European credits for next season too!

I both hope and think you'll be ok. If you just explain the situation surly they can't cancel your card if you haven't been warned previously!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 06:08:45 pm »
I both hope and think you'll be ok. If you just explain the situation surly they can't cancel your card if you haven't been warned previously!

Was just gonna say the same thing. Surely, you will be a given a warning first off! There's nothing wrong with passing the odd ticket here and there to family and friends if you can't make it yourself

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 06:10:29 pm »
I would expect you to be given a warning and a final warning that if you're caught again the card will be banned

Bullshit situation when you've passed them to mates and not touted them though

Also will make some on the RAWK Exchange nervous I expect for the future

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 06:18:22 pm »
Hopefully lads, thanks! Will keep ye posted
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 06:44:20 pm »
Surely it should be one rule for everyone and not some half arsed attempt to solve a wider issue just to appear to give a shit? How is it fair that a select few are chosen and punished yet I would bet there are thousands of genuine fans that pass cards on it certain situations (work, holiday etc).

If they do it for a few, they should do it for everyone. It would be impossible to manage though so they end up in this shite situation where genuine fans like Dan get punished and the real touts get away with it time and time again.

Target the people all across the ground who are asking for directions to their seat with a big fuck off bag of merchandise with a season ticket in hand. Its not rocket science. But of course the club probably want these people in the ground....  ::)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:51:01 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:56 pm »
I'm can't make it so am passing my ticket on tomorrow. Called the TO to let them know the name and address of the person using it and they said it was fine.

If they'd invest in the TO a little we could just do that across the board. If the named person or notified person isn't in the seat, eject.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 08:00:16 pm »
A lot of this is the doing of the ticket office because they make members ring up to return tickets.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 08:10:51 pm »
Not just tomorrow, if I loose my card then I loose all the remaining prem home games and possibly missing out on a Wembley final ticket. If we make champions league ill loose my European credits for next season too!

Just responded to your PM mate. Its not right. They said the same about me to respond to a letter. I have 8 league games on my card this year, all league cup games and couldn't buy a wolves ticket today. There hundreds of actual touts out there, all they need to do is look at those dodgy overpriced touting websites. They are the ones they need to focus on. The amount of money I've spent on this club over the years and they have the nerve to make an example of fans like us. The more i think about it the more it annoys me.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 08:35:41 pm »
So according to the rules what is a member who cannot go for whatever reason at 5pm tomorrow supposed to do with the ticket?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 08:41:35 pm »
So according to the rules what is a member who cannot go for whatever reason at 5pm tomorrow supposed to do with the ticket?

Pass to a friend, call the TO and let them know the name and address of friend who is going instead.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 08:44:08 pm »
Pass to a friend, call the TO and let them know the name and address of friend who is going instead.

They should allow an online facility to do this. Joke ringing the TO at the best of times.

This taking fancards off people is a load of b0ll0x from the club. Would they p1ss off trying to screw fans.

Anything SOS can do on this or have they asked before?
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2017, 08:46:26 pm »
They should allow an online facility to do this. Joke ringing the TO at the best of times.

This taking fancards off people is a load of b0ll0x from the club. Would they p1ss off trying to screw fans.

I agree on the first point, an online facility would be great. I couldn't get through to the TO at all yesterday.

You're allowed to swear by the way ;D you don't need to say b0ll0x :lmao

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 08:49:46 pm »
Arsenal charger their fans for changing the names on tickets don't they?

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2017, 08:53:16 pm »

I don't think the club communicate with SOS anymore and if they do its limited. That's what I remember from reading the minutes of the last meeting anyway.
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 08:54:31 pm »
I agree on the first point, an online facility would be great. I couldn't get through to the TO at all yesterday.

You're allowed to swear by the way ;D you don't need to say b0ll0x :lmao

This ringing the ticket office is the problem.   The club sets rules that cannot be complied with especially at relatively short notice.  There are a million and one reasons why someone genuinely can't go at short notice but has the option of passing the card to a friend / family member.  The TO dispensed with telephone sales a while back so it is bizarre that someone should be expected to phone up.    Simple enough to have a system where the ticket can be transferred to another person with the details recorded online.  They could start off with transfer to other members only in the first instance which is as simple as it could get.   Ironically the club makes requests to ST holders to never let a seat go empty but is incapable of developing a system that would allow the legitimate transfer of tickets. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:25:43 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 09:10:30 pm »
Same thing happened me last Saturday, the card was taken off my mate and now my card has been blocked, I went to log on this morning to buy a Wolves ticket and it wouldn't allow me in. I rang the club and they said your account has been frozen and a letter has been issued. She said she couldn't discuss it further and I have to reply to the letter..

Am I at risk at loosing my card and credits here?!?

Wont go into detail but i know of an incident where someone was letting someone else use their members cards in exchange for tickets for away games, the members cards had all 19 games on.

Anyway the persons whose cards they were got letters off the club saying the cards were being cancelled and they would not be allowed to purchase members cards in the future, and no money was to be refunded, i think they said there was about 8 games left on the cards. What had happened was that the other person had said family members were using the members cards but they had actually been selling the tickets on touting websites and the club had somehow found out.

I seen the letters and they stated passing on, lending members cards was not allowed etc.

This was about 3 years ago.

Different scenario so i hope you get your cards back, but be prepared for bad news possibly.,

T
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:12:30 pm by hoppyLFC »
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2017, 09:35:55 pm »
We all agree that touting tickets is abhorrent and should be clamped down on as strongly as possible.   This is easy to do but is clearly not happening, which begs the question why not?    The club is ultimately accountable for those tickets that end up on touting sites or are traded outside the Kop each match day, but the club does nothing.   I can only suggest that many of the tickets that end up on touting sites have been distributed to players, sponsers etc and would cause untold embarrassment to the club if any investigation was conducted.  Instead the club seems to take issue with those that pass a ticket to a friend at or below face value.  Inexplicable.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:36 pm »
Wont go into detail but i know of an incident where someone was letting someone else use their members cards in exchange for tickets for away games, the members cards had all 19 games on.

Anyway the persons whose cards they were got letters off the club saying the cards were being cancelled and they would not be allowed to purchase members cards in the future, and no money was to be refunded, i think they said there was about 8 games left on the cards. What had happened was that the other person had said family members were using the members cards but they had actually been selling the tickets on touting websites and the club had somehow found out.

I seen the letters and they stated passing on, lending members cards was not allowed etc.

This was about 3 years ago.

Different scenario so i hope you get your cards back, but be prepared for bad news possibly.,

T

Fuckin hell that's rough, ill be gutted if that happens me. I would never tout a ticket in my life, this club is my fucking life and I could essentially be told I'm out for giving my mate a ticket.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2017, 09:42:06 pm »
I'm can't make it so am passing my ticket on tomorrow. Called the TO to let them know the name and address of the person using it and they said it was fine.

If they'd invest in the TO a little we could just do that across the board. If the named person or notified person isn't in the seat, eject.

Dont think that would really work..that would just shift unofficial touting to official touting..sell your ticket for 3 times its face value and inform the club of the user? one persons word against another to what money passed hands

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2017, 09:44:02 pm »
What had happened was that the other person had said family members were using the members cards but they had actually been selling the tickets on touting websites and the club had somehow found out.

:lmao thats great. So they should.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2017, 09:50:50 pm »
:lmao thats great. So they should.

I agree, good to see that they actually do something about these touting sites, but the people whose cards they were paid the consequences, effectively banned from Anfield, for something they knew nothing about, the people who put the cards on there got away scott free, probably made big money from selling the tickets and also had their away credits kept up for them.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 10:19:57 pm »
I reported a site to the club which had away tkts for our game at City, and basically every game H and A all season but I dont hold out much hope they will do anything. Prices generally around £500 each. They misunderstood the email - as they seem to every time, no matter how basic the query ::) but then said they'd pass it on to someone. Didn't fill me with confidence.

I did say how most people think the club don't do anything about touts etc so "maybe they should let us know more about the action they take" - would be good marketing etc  - that is of course if they do any!!

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2017, 11:59:25 pm »

Assume you lose your credit this way?

Only being able to pass on a set number of homes per season would stop the touting issue?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 12:07:26 am »
Assume you lose your credit this way?

Only being able to pass on a set number of homes per season would stop the touting issue?

I dunno, not going the final anyway. I wouldn't complain.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2017, 12:45:18 am »
Farce.  My uncle has on a couple of occasions had spares on cards and the steward at the ticket office has let him standby the TO and sell it , even asking people queuing for tickets if they want to beat the que and take the spare.  I also know 3 people with multiple season tickets in the same name, so do these people take 2 seats up? Clubs a joke

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:57 am »
A guy I know has 37 STs!! (He thinks, isn't quite sure how many!) He obviously passes them on to others - he's not a tout, only at cost, but I still think that so wrong and it should be one each max  >:(

But passing one on when you can't go.... ::)

And some STs are shared as neither can afford a whole one. That is the reality these days.  :-\

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2017, 09:27:07 am »
The stewards are really reluctant to do anything with seasies, we've all seen people in the ground with one asking a steward where the seat is and showing the card very openly.

Surely we must have some stewards on here who can tell us what this 'policy' actually is!

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2017, 09:59:30 am »
I guess it's says somewhere in the T&C's that a steward has the authority to confiscated a members card.
But after all someone paid £28-35 for it and just taking it off someone shouldn't be allowed as it's someone's property..?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:45 am »
I guess it's says somewhere in the T&C's that a steward has the authority to confiscated a members card.
But after all someone paid £28-35 for it and just taking it off someone shouldn't be allowed as it's someone's property..?

There'll be something in the T&C that the cards are the property of the club at all times

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 10:08:49 am »
There'll be something in the T&C that the cards are the property of the club at all times

True but once a steward confiscated a mates card and once he called the TO the card had gone missing and the TO told him that he should never give someone else his card.
But if you lent it to someone else I'd guess that's a different thing.
But surly the stewards can't take the card from someone if they refuse giving it away by there own free will?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 10:29:31 am »
The stewards are really reluctant to do anything with seasies, we've all seen people in the ground with one asking a steward where the seat is and showing the card very openly.

Surely we must have some stewards on here who can tell us what this 'policy' actually is!

Andy in Allerton used to be a steward didn't he? Maybe he knows something.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:41 am »
Arsenal charger their fans for changing the names on tickets don't they?

It's a good system but doesnt really help with touting.

The season ticket Holder can transfer his ticket to another registered Member (they can then print an E-Ticket) and Arsenal charge the season ticket holder somewhere between £5-£10 for the ticket transfer.

While nice and clean and protects the seller who is to say that the ticket hasn't been touted and then sold to the end user for whatever and they have a nice E-Ticket with no comeback.

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2017, 11:27:41 am »

3.3 If more than one Home Match Ticket is issued to you one Home Match Ticket must be retained by you for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer to any Guest will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3) apply to the Guest as if he was the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this). You will provide the name and address of your Guest(s) when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer. In the event that you and/or your Guest are unable to use any Home Match Ticket then you may transfer that Home Match Ticket(s) to a natural person who is known to you personally who would be entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry) to purchase such Home Match Ticket and attend such Match PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3) apply to the transferee as if he were the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer.

Having a quick look thru the ticketing t&c's, and they are pretty contradictive as per any small print. The above clause 3.3 gets to the crux of the reassigning tkts.

Essentially, everything suggests it is to prevent the touting of tkts. The bit in bold above suggests you can transfer yours & other tkts to another 'natural' person (assuming that means friend/acquaintance), provided the transfer is not above face value. It also suggests you have to provide name and address of transferee if asked to do so by the club or official, not give the TO a call prior to confirm.

Having said that, the t&c's all refer to the point that they have the final say, and can refuse entry, etc, etc.

For the OP, and purely based on the clause above, if you have transferred/given the ticket to somebody for not more than face value, I think you have a legitimate case that you have not breeched any rules.

I'm sure somebody more legally qualified might suggest it's a grey area?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:32:17 am by cmccarthy81 »

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 02:45:05 pm »
So I've received a letter today saying mine and my dads memberships have been cancelled with immediate effect and my right of renewal of our memberships for future seasons have been withdrawn. Also unable to claim for any refunds on future games that are on my card.
They are asking me to write to them providing my friends name and address. So just sent a letter in the post to them explaining the situation.

If they aren't happy with my explanation then I'm effectively banned from anfield.

All because I couldn't attend 1 game at short notice and let my friends use them for FREE.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 02:48:13 pm »
So I've received a letter today saying mine and my dads memberships have been cancelled with immediate effect and my right of renewal of our memberships for future seasons have been withdrawn. Also unable to claim for any refunds on future games that are on my card.
They are asking me to write to them providing my friends name and address. So just sent a letter in the post to them explaining the situation.

If they aren't happy with my explanation then I'm effectively banned from anfield.

All because I couldn't attend 1 game at short notice and let my friends use them for FREE.

That is outrageous- I'm lost for words

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 02:50:11 pm »

Scandalous

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 02:56:23 pm »
What a fucking disgrace!!

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2017, 02:58:19 pm »
What a fucking disgrace!!

It really is isn't it

You've touts wandering up and down Walton Breck Road & standing outside the Paisley Gates every game asking people to pay vastly inflated prices

You've got 'Season Ticket Holders' asking stewards where their seats are every game

Yet they choose to make an example out of someone giving their cards to mates for face value?

Bullshit