Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426320 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32400 on: August 13, 2019, 12:26:46 am »
Took them one game to return to full delusion

Parker: Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league ahead of Trent

Ferdinand: Dybala didn't have the minerals to play for the mancs

Ah, fuck right Jimmy Greenhoff
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32401 on: August 13, 2019, 12:30:14 am »

Will make the fall all that much funnier.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
« Reply #32402 on: August 13, 2019, 12:36:06 am »
Shaw is very very slow
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid.  Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace often.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #32403 on: August 13, 2019, 12:40:17 am »
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid.  Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace cake often.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32404 on: August 13, 2019, 12:44:58 am »
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid.  Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace often.

Take it up with your fitness coaches, not RAWK. Maybe he's quick enough over short distances, but according to what Lukaku shared he is one of the slowest over the distance they were measuring.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32405 on: August 13, 2019, 12:59:02 am »

Wan Bissaka is the best RB I've ever seen at stepping on the ball and struggling to control it. Very few players that can't do these simple things make it at the top level.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
« Reply #32406 on: August 13, 2019, 01:01:06 am »
Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league ahead of Trent
Depends what you value more from your fullbacks.  Based solely on defending, AWB is the best RB in the PL.  If you want your fullbacks bombing forward, then obviously TAA is your man.  I'd give the edge to TAA based on last season's output and also his defending is prolly higher quality than AWB's attacking tbf.  AWB can certainly improve on the attacking front, and important to consider he was never asked to do much attacking at Palace.  Both young and talented, England appears set at RB for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:08:04 am by MancEunuchian »

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
« Reply #32407 on: August 13, 2019, 01:07:16 am »
Take it up with your fitness coaches, not RAWK. Maybe he's quick enough over short distances, but according to what Lukaku shared he is one of the slowest over the distance they were measuring.
Lukaku is a fucking c*nt.  As for the speed test, Shaw claims he was asked to go 70%.  I know, I know...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #32408 on: August 13, 2019, 03:03:14 am »
Depends what you value more from your fullbacks.  Based solely on defending, AWB is the best RB in the PL.  If you want your fullbacks bombing forward, then obviously TAA is your man.  I'd give the edge to TAA based on last season's output and also his defending is prolly higher quality than AWB's attacking tbf.  AWB can certainly improve on the attacking front, and important to consider he was never asked to do much attacking at Palace.  Both young and talented, England appears set at RB for the foreseeable future.

Statistically, based on the job fullbacks are supposed to do (stop crosses and shots), Charlie Taylor from Burnley was better.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32409 on: August 13, 2019, 03:15:25 am »
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid. Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace often.

That may be the case. But post-PSV injury, he doesn't seem as fast. This often happens to players who get bad injuries. Although his body fat might also be a large part of that too.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32410 on: August 13, 2019, 04:10:42 am »
Trent is a generational talent who will win the Balon d'or someday.
WB is a solid defender who offers little or nothing going forward.
Shaw was blowing chunks after 20 mins yesterday.

Any questions?

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32411 on: August 13, 2019, 04:13:45 am »
Statistically, based on the job fullbacks are supposed to do (stop crosses and shots), Charlie Taylor from Burnley was better.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32413 on: August 13, 2019, 04:24:24 am »
That may be the case. But post-PSV injury, he doesn't seem as fast. This often happens to players who get bad injuries. Although his body fat might also be a large part of that too.

It's definitely a large part of something

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32414 on: August 13, 2019, 04:36:39 am »
Maybe he's quick enough over short distances, but according to what Lukaku shared he is one of the slowest over the distance they were measuring.

Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
« Reply #32415 on: August 13, 2019, 05:33:48 am »
Fucking hell :lmao

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32416 on: August 13, 2019, 06:38:25 am »

Oh this is just tremendous  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32417 on: August 13, 2019, 07:49:22 am »

Any questions?

Ahh, thats maybe overhyping the lad.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32418 on: August 13, 2019, 08:17:35 am »

I love the fact not a single person was reeling off these lines just a few months ago. No calls for Wan Bissaka to step into the national side for the side nations league as first choice RB, no criticism of Trents defensive capabilities in comparison, one £50 million move and all of a sudden, best RB in the league

The best thing about Parkers comments are he goes on to make some feeble attempt at brushing off Wan Bissakas shit attacking play by simply saying, it can be coached... funny that he isn't insistent that Trents already great defensive ability will also improve with coaching, or is defending something you just have or dont from the start :lmao

It makes me laugh how good our defensive work and record was last season, i suppose that was despite trent being in the side for most of the season as opposed to him contributing massively. I love how underrated the lad is defensively, some of the positioning and challenges i've seen from him are top class, but so many talk about Trent as if he's an average defender which he's far from

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #32419 on: August 13, 2019, 09:19:08 am »
Kloppo would have had a grin for a completely different reason though.  He'd actually expect our boys to win and he'd be very proud of them for doing so.  Ole was probably flabbergasted by the result. ;D 

Yup, that was the point I was trying to make.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32420 on: August 13, 2019, 09:59:08 am »
It makes me laugh how good our defensive work and record was last season, i suppose that was despite trent being in the side for most of the season as opposed to him contributing massively. I love how underrated the lad is defensively, some of the positioning and challenges i've seen from him are top class, but so many talk about Trent as if he's an average defender which he's far from

There seems to be some strange idea among some football fans who seem to think if you're a great attacking fullback (or at least better offensively than defensively), they you just can't defend. I remember this critique being levelled at Dani Alves in his Barca days, he was an incredible defender then.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32421 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:33 am »
Bissaka's clanger where Chelsea hit the woodwork the second time was worse than anything I've seen Trent do defensively but he's in that stage where anything bad is glossed over totally and his appalling use of the ball totally ignored, led by the Manc cheerleaders Neville, Tyler and Carragher.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32422 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:54 am »
This isn’t about appearances.

Lukkaku shared a photo of sprint speeds at Manchester United .... Shaw was bottom.

He was slower than Matic.

He’s fat, he’s unfit and he’s not very good.  Manchester United player of the year.  :lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #32423 on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:19 am »
I’ve now spoke to 3 United fans since Sunday

They all believe they are ‘Back’ and all believe a title challenge is incoming. Top 4 is a given

How you can watch that Sunday and take all that from it is mystifying. It was a 4-0 that was the furthest thing from a 4-0 I’ve ever seen.

Equally if they lose or draw to Wolves you’ll have other United fans who are drenched in negativity now saying ‘top 10’

This isn’t confined to United. It’s a good 50% of football fans who literally live by singular goals and results. It’s pretty weird way to go on
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
  • Respectful MUFC fan // Long-time lurker
« Reply #32424 on: August 13, 2019, 11:34:54 am »
If we'd beaten Chelsea 4-0 at home, then I think Klopp would have had a big grin as well.

As poor as Chelsea were and as fortunate as Manchester United were - 4-0 against someone expected to be easily among the top four is an excellent result.

Manchester United have an opportunity to learn lessons, use the result in their favour and press on. The worst thing they can do is think they have cracked it and they are the best team in the league. That might kick them up the arse sooner rather than later..

Christ. That's the most rational post I've ever seen from you.  :o :D

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32425 on: August 13, 2019, 11:37:19 am »

They all believe they are ‘Back’ and all believe a title challenge is incoming. Top 4 is a given

How you can watch that Sunday and take all that from it is mystifying. It was a 4-0 that was the furthest thing from a 4-0 I’ve ever seen.

My Man Utd supporting mate was almost the opposite in his opinion about Sundays game. He wasn't impressed with hi steam overall, reckons the defence has improved massively, the midfield is lightweight and needs improving and they were fortunate that Chelsea were disorganized and gave them too much space. 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32426 on: August 13, 2019, 11:39:16 am »

Any questions?

All fair. In fact, their signing of AWB is very similar to our signing of Clyne (albeit a lot more expensive).

We were desperate for a fullback who was athletic, good at defending, and functional with the ball. Back then our front three meant that was all we needed (but that developed..). I'm not sure their attack is good enough to get by this way, but we'll see. To be clear, Clyne was better on the ball than AWB is currently though.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32427 on: August 13, 2019, 11:43:47 am »
There seems to be some strange idea among some football fans who seem to think if you're a great attacking fullback (or at least better offensively than defensively), they you just can't defend. I remember this critique being levelled at Dani Alves in his Barca days, he was an incredible defender then.

Definitely the case in England - would also throw in that English football fans have always been quite dubious and suspicious of extremely talented players who aren't square pegs in a square hole.

eg Barnes, Fowler, McManaman, Scholes, Gerrard

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32428 on: August 13, 2019, 11:44:59 am »

Equally if they lose or draw to Wolves you’ll have other United fans who are drenched in negativity now saying ‘top 10’

This isn’t confined to United. It’s a good 50% of football fans who literally live by singular goals and results. It’s pretty weird way to go on

I even heard someone say last night "you had Busby's babes, Fergie Fledglines and now Solsjkaer's schoolkids" - seriously. I didn't know whether to throw up or piss myself laughing.
It's mental really, and you can think its the younger generation or whatever but it isn't really. My brother in law is 50, he's a massive knob....sorry Chelsea fan, and he literally changes his opinion on the team, players and management after or during every single game. Before the start of the season, he didnt care if Chelsea get relegated as long as Lampard go time, after the game he thinks they should bring Ancelotti back

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32429 on: August 13, 2019, 02:04:17 pm »

Ahh, thats maybe overhyping the lad.

no its not. I made that call more than a year ago.  You didnt notice that Prem record for assists at age 20? or the trajectory hes on?  The skys the limit on this lad imo. He's the Moores law of defenders his ability doubles every 18 months.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32430 on: August 13, 2019, 02:47:50 pm »

It's the way of the world for many a modern football fan these days. It's the same on here too. We win a game by a few goals and we are going to win the league. We draw against someone and our chances are wrote off. For some, seeing the bigger picture seems impossible.

I never watch United, so have no idea if they were flattered by the scoreline the other day, but this kind of hype and hysteria around anything and everything they do is nothing new. It was an endless stream of hilarity for us all back in the 70s and 80s when United were always 'back' and always just about to sweep everyone aside. There is no club or fanbase with a bigger ego and no club in the world with a bigger fawning, bullshitting media machine attached to them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32431 on: August 13, 2019, 03:31:46 pm »
It's the way of the world for many a modern football fan these days. It's the same on here too. We win a game by a few goals and we are going to win the league. We draw against someone and our chances are wrote off. For some, seeing the bigger picture seems impossible.

I never watch United, so have no idea if they were flattered by the scoreline the other day, but this kind of hype and hysteria around anything and everything they do is nothing new. It was an endless stream of hilarity for us all back in the 70s and 80s when United were always 'back' and always just about to sweep everyone aside. There is no club or fanbase with a bigger ego and no club in the world with a bigger fawning, bullshitting media machine attached to them.

My favourite was the 43 year old fella on here the other day crying because mancs he knew would be taking the piss out of him

for being above us

after one game

on gd

when there shouldn't even be a league table ;D

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32432 on: August 13, 2019, 03:44:54 pm »
I love the fact not a single person was reeling off these lines just a few months ago. No calls for Wan Bissaka to step into the national side for the side nations league as first choice RB, no criticism of Trents defensive capabilities in comparison, one £50 million move and all of a sudden, best RB in the league

The best thing about Parkers comments are he goes on to make some feeble attempt at brushing off Wan Bissakas shit attacking play by simply saying, it can be coached... funny that he isn't insistent that Trents already great defensive ability will also improve with coaching, or is defending something you just have or dont from the start :lmao

Can't agree more. It's pitiful actually.

If we'd have one of our former players doing something in media giving those praises and turning a blind eye to what is obvious, TAA is already very good at defending and will get even better, plus a much superior attacking fullback I'd be embarrassed reading that.

Just because you are biased doesn't mean you have to be an idiot. And just because you are a fan of the club doesn't mean you can't cringe when reading comments like that. Fucking grow up.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32433 on: August 13, 2019, 04:23:45 pm »

they are back just like when ole had a good run when he took over. Celebrating a draw with us like it was a victory.

they are back just like when they beat psg.

and now they are back after smashing Chelsea by 4.

Lets see how they deal with wolves who actually didn't look too good vs a decent side led by brendan. but surely more organized than a work in progress chelsea side with a transfer ban.

Think TAA doesn't get much praise defense wise due to him being exposed a bit more compared to Robbo with the help of Mane.  Salah of course does his share of defensive work but is more entrusted to being the main goal scoring threat naturally will be a bit more lapse in his defensive duties in covering for TAA.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32434 on: August 13, 2019, 04:24:20 pm »
Hopefully the end result of this AWB v TAA debate is Trent getting to sit out a lot of pointless internationals.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #32435 on: August 13, 2019, 04:36:58 pm »
Did everyone except our fans miss TAA's pass to Origi on Friday?

This narrative is just hilarious to me. Basically every highly rated fullback over the past 5-10 years has been elite on the ball.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32436 on: August 13, 2019, 05:10:54 pm »

This narrative is just hilarious to me. Basically every highly rated fullback over the past 5-10 years has been elite on the ball.

You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #32437 on: August 13, 2019, 07:13:05 pm »

To be fair, from the broadcast angle it looks nothing special (except accurate).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32438 on: August 13, 2019, 07:37:57 pm »
Just see Gary Neville interviewing his brother, Scholes and Butt there at the Salford game. Nauseating "class of 92" love in.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32439 on: August 13, 2019, 07:39:15 pm »
Hopefully the end result of this AWB v TAA debate is Trent getting to sit out a lot of pointless internationals.

De....bate?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.