Author Topic: World Cup Subforum  (Read 5293 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
World Cup Subforum
« on: May 14, 2018, 03:21:10 pm »
With countries set to announce their world cup squads in the coming weeks ahead, when will the world cup sub forum be in action lads/lasses?  :) :wave

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: World Cup Subforum
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 08:58:22 pm »
With countries set to announce their world cup squads in the coming weeks ahead, when will the world cup sub forum be in action lads/lasses?  :) :wave

Brazil have announced theirs already....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44116590

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »
I know mate.  Hence wanting to know when they will dust down the Tournament forum. ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 08:51:56 pm »
It’ll arrive. At some point.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 09:14:35 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mnpp_qW-RV4&amp;ab_channel=LiveRecords" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mnpp_qW-RV4&amp;ab_channel=LiveRecords</a>
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 09:16:55 pm »
International football starts when our season finishes. International football started in January on the County Road.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 09:35:11 pm »
So what you're saying is I should've asked The Esk on GOT?  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 11:54:38 pm »
So what you're saying is I should've asked The Esk on GOT?  ;D

Are the World Cup Subforum caveats usual ones?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 05:14:58 pm »
Any chance we can get this up now? Want to get cracking in the Panini thread...
DAMMIT!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 05:54:42 pm »
Oh I second that request mods. 

Are the World Cup Subforum caveats usual ones?

We'll know on Friday mate.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 06:08:58 pm »
Any chance we can get this up now? Want to get cracking in the Panini thread...

Shit sandwhich?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:17 am »
Are we gonna set one up to not flood the general?
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 12:47:32 pm »
Wait and see ;D

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 09:42:03 pm »
Are we doing this Moddies as I have to get this into it. ie. Hurry fuckin up ;D

Last reminder lads - World Cup Fantasy in here: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340245.0
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 10:26:24 pm »
Cheers for all of he group previews Jersey :wave

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 12:28:45 am »
Cheers for all of he group previews Jersey :wave

No worries ;D Lucky it was a quiet work day...

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 01:22:21 pm »
Classic RAWK over modding ;D

I don't even see pinned posts as I'm sure others ignore...just let the discussion flow naturally in the same thread.

I think the fact the last post in this 'pinned' lark is 6AM this morning following a sensational display from the mighty 3 lions says it all...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 01:24:33 pm »
I think the fact the last post in this 'pinned' lark is 6AM this morning following a sensational display from the mighty 3 lions says it all...

Did you post that in the wrong thread?

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
Did you post that in the wrong thread?

No?

I'm asking the mods the rationale behind locking match threads a couple of hours after the game has finished. I've mentioned the 6AM last post in the England pinned shite to highlight the lack of posting verses using the same match thread where the various discussions are already taking place.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 01:33:30 pm »
No?

I'm asking the mods the rationale behind locking match threads a couple of hours after the game has finished. I've mentioned the 6AM last post in the England pinned shite to highlight the lack of posting verses using the same match thread where the various discussions are already taking place.

Oh, right. I'm not a mod, but I think it's so that there's not a load of threads staying open in what will be an highly active subforum.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 01:40:08 pm »
Oh, right. I'm not a mod, but I think it's so that there's not a load of threads staying open in what will be an highly active subforum.

Threads naturally die when there is no more discussion to be had - do you think that time is an hour after the game? ;D

If you post just after, go to bed, login at work to reply to someone...its locked.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 03:28:39 pm »
Threads naturally die when there is no more discussion to be had - do you think that time is an hour after the game? ;D

If you post just after, go to bed, login at work to reply to someone...its locked.

Why do you care? :lmao People get wound up about weird stuff here.

It’s just a way of managing the large numbers of threads on there. If people want to keep talking about a game there’s a group thread they can go to. The threads tend to be locked around midnight because the matchday is over. It’s not difficult to find the right thread if you still want to post about games. It’s very much the purpose of the group threads to allow discussions about matches and teams throughout.

The forum is moderated by volunteers who have lives and jobs, if it makes things marginally easier for them to manage the subforum (which is set up and run for the convenience of users) then so be it :wave
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:31:44 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 03:58:27 pm »
The forum is moderated by volunteers who have lives

Who are you trying to kid  ;D

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 04:05:49 pm »
Why do you care? :lmao People get wound up about weird stuff here.

It’s just a way of managing the large numbers of threads on there. If people want to keep talking about a game there’s a group thread they can go to. The threads tend to be locked around midnight because the matchday is over. It’s not difficult to find the right thread if you still want to post about games. It’s very much the purpose of the group threads to allow discussions about matches and teams throughout.

The forum is moderated by volunteers who have lives and jobs, if it makes things marginally easier for them to manage the subforum (which is set up and run for the convenience of users) then so be it :wave

I'm asking you to mod less - this will help the lives and jobs you apparently have ;)

Leave the threads open until at least the next day where people are still discussing the game...am I meant to quote the person I'm replying to and then paste it in the pinned thread whilst PM'ing him to say we can continue there :lmao

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 04:17:23 pm »
I'm asking you to mod less - this will help the lives and jobs you apparently have ;)

Leave the threads open until at least the next day where people are still discussing the game...am I meant to quote the person I'm replying to and then paste it in the pinned thread whilst PM'ing him to say we can continue there :lmao

That’s your opinion anyway...

We usually put a post at the end of the thread when we lock them directing people to the appropriate threads. It really isn’t that hard to quote a post from a matchday thread and reply to it in the group thread if you want to keep a discussion going. If whoever you’re taking to wants to reply, it’s open to them to move to the group thread too :wave

Happy to leave them open until the following morning but they will be closed in good time before the next matches kick off - so approx 10/11am.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 10:00:54 pm »
Might just lock the match day thread no just to piss everyone off ;D ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W