Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 504372 times)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #8320 on: November 26, 2018, 08:45:33 am »
This is the annoying thing, we've got a PS3 one but it doesn't seem to charge properly, I don't know why cos its barely been used so I'm wondering if the ones on there are gonna be the same left-in-a-drawer to die shite.

You can buy a replacement battery for a £10 on ebay (cheaper from hong kong) I think theres about 4 screws and the battery just plugs in.

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8321 on: December 5, 2018, 12:45:25 pm »
Just a quick question on fortnite, is it a fully online game? So you eouod need to pay for ps plus to get it?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8322 on: December 5, 2018, 04:04:03 pm »
Just a quick question on fortnite, is it a fully online game? So you eouod need to pay for ps plus to get it?

My lad says you can play it without PS+. I'd imagine it wouldn't be as good playing on your own though, but I've never played it so wouldn't know. Maybe you could get your wife to make some noises to give it that multi player experience?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8323 on: December 6, 2018, 04:07:12 pm »
Maybe you could get your wife to make some noises to give it that multi player experience?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8325 on: December 6, 2018, 09:37:13 pm »

The offending post seems to be gone, but he knows what I mean  ;D

Oh, found it

in fairness it has picked up a bit recently, maybe once a week, but im pretty sure thats cos she wants another baby,

there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 09:40:22 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8326 on: December 6, 2018, 11:46:38 pm »
fucks sake Barney, can't believe you've had that in your wank bank for over 7 years ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8327 on: December 7, 2018, 12:28:36 am »
 ;D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8328 on: December 7, 2018, 07:28:17 am »
God Of War 4 won best direction, best action adventure and best game at the Video Game Awards. Was a great game like, great pacing, graphics, combat (fluidity) and voice acting. It probably felt like the most rounded and polished of the year.

I liked RDR2 also but pacing was off in the later chapters and the movement was pretty clunky and the combat hasn't evolved for the last 10/15 years.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8329 on: December 7, 2018, 08:12:22 am »
I think God of War wining GOTY is fair enough. It really is a fantastic game, probably the first truly great game of this console generation.

I love RDR2 and it's probably my favourite game ever but I can see why it didn't win.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8330 on: December 7, 2018, 08:24:11 am »
I think God of War deserved it, it was my first GoW game and I was honestly so engrossed in it, first game in a while I did everything in/got Platinum trophy!

The story was great, the twist was good (personally did not see it coming) and the combat was so great (fuck you queen of the Valks though!) so yeah, great game

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #8331 on: December 7, 2018, 08:48:45 am »
I have a PS4 Pro with RDR2 coming for Christmas, guess I should be looking to buy God of War at some stage too then?

Any other PS exclusives you guys would recommend? I have Spiderman and TLOU on my list but in sure there's more. Horizon Zero Dawn? Detroit?

Really looking forward to it, I'm like a 31 year old child at the minute. Had a PS and PS2 but then went Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Still love my Xbox but I bought a 4k TV last year so it was either upgrade to an X or get a Pro, to be honest it was Spiderman that made the decision easy in the end.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8332 on: December 7, 2018, 08:51:48 am »
I'd recommend HZD yeah. The open world isn't ground breaking but it is a lovely looking game and the enemies are varied with unique weaknesses and strengths.

• Kopite
« Reply #8333 on: December 7, 2018, 09:00:27 am »
I'd recommend HZD yeah. The open world isn't ground breaking but it is a lovely looking game and the enemies are varied with unique weaknesses and strengths.
Thanks man

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8334 on: December 7, 2018, 09:04:10 am »
Also definitely get God of War, only played on a standard PS4 in HD and the beauty of the game blew me away so imagine in 4K on a Pro it will look absolutely stunning.

Also I'm 31 as well and I reckon I've put in more video game time in 2018 than in the last 5/6 years combined. Absolutely ludicrously good year for games.  ;D

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8335 on: December 7, 2018, 10:23:02 am »
Jesus barney your never gonna let me live that one down!

• Kopite
« Reply #8336 on: December 7, 2018, 10:47:42 am »
Also definitely get God of War, only played on a standard PS4 in HD and the beauty of the game blew me away so imagine in 4K on a Pro it will look absolutely stunning.

Also I'm 31 as well and I reckon I've put in more video game time in 2018 than in the last 5/6 years combined. Absolutely ludicrously good year for games.  ;D
I game pretty much every day but its at least 80% or 90% FIFA/Pro Evo/UFC for the last year or two. I need something to grab me like The Witcher 3/Skyrim have done in recent years. Hoping RDR2/GoW/Spiderman are the ones

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8337 on: December 7, 2018, 06:41:54 pm »
The offending post seems to be gone, but he knows what I mean  ;D

Oh, found it

Haha, Jesus, mind like a steal trap ;D

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8338 on: December 11, 2018, 06:11:29 pm »

So, as good as 2018, I do think you are under-rating 2017, which IMO was probably a better year overall, although was very close, even excluding the launch of new hardware (Switch) as well as the X and Pro revisions of the Xbone/PS4.

Trying to show this, I had a quick look at what has come out this year vs last, grouping by exclusives and then multi-platform, to try and get an idea of why I think this, and only looking at NEW games, not ports of indies/previous generations (sorry Switch 2018 indies), not HD remakes (not even Pokemon Lets Go despite its new mechanics). My analysis is that 2017 was a better year for exclusives (including console exclusives, such as the ones shared between Xbone/PC, and PS4/PC) whereas this year maybe slightly better for non-console exclusives.

Apologies for the wall of text, have hid the list of games behind spoiler tags to make it easier to read:

2017 vs 2018 games

EXCLUSIVES

Nintendo Switch
Clear win for 2017 for the Switch
Spoiler
2017:
  • Zelda: BOTW
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Marios + Rabids Kingdom Battle
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Splatoon 2
2018:
  • Super Mario Party
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Kirby Star Allies
[close]

PS4 (including PS4+PC but not XBOX/SWITCH
So this ones a lot closer, but a win for 2017 again
Spoiler
2017:
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Persona 5
  • Yakuza 0 (although released before this in Japan)
  • Nioh
  • Nier: Automata (although came out in 2018 for Xbox, should still count as a 2017 game and therefore on this list)
2018:
  • Yakuza 6 (although was released in Dec16 in Asia, not available outside until 2018
  • Spiderman
  • God of war
  • Ni No Kuni 2
[close]

Xbox One+PC
Much of a much=ness, couldn't care less about any of these games, but I'll give it to Cuphead for 2017
Spoiler
2017:
  • Cuphead]
  • Forza 7
2018:
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Seas of Thieves
[close]

PC Exclusive
This only seems to have one entry ineach, and 2018s is better
Spoiler
2017:
  • Total War: Warhammer
2018:
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
[close]

TRUE MULTI PLATFORM
This is the one 2018 beats 2017 on, by quality of the top 1/2 titles though, instead of quantity of, say, 9+ rated games
Spoiler
2017:
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Destiny 2
  • Wolfenstein 2
  • Prey
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera
  • Divinity: Original Sin II
  • Injustice 2
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole
2018:
  • Celeste
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Banner Saga 3
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4
  • Far Cry 5
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Moster Hunter World
[close]
[/list]

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8339 on: December 11, 2018, 06:32:21 pm »
In my mates the other day playing on his Nintendo Switch, he was showing me this game called “The VideoKid” it’s this paper boy in the 80’s type thing. Read online it is on PSN but can’t find it anywhere. Was released end of September this year, surely not been taken off already?

Guess what became available to buy on PSN from today  ;D

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8340 on: December 11, 2018, 10:55:26 pm »

PS4 (including PS4+PC but not XBOX/SWITCH
So this ones a lot closer, but a win for 2017 again
2017:
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Persona 5
  • Yakuza 0 (although released before this in Japan)
  • Nioh
  • Nier: Automata (although came out in 2018 for Xbox, should still count as a 2017 game and therefore on this list)
2018:
  • Yakuza 6 (although was released in Dec16 in Asia, not available outside until 2018
  • Spiderman
  • God of war
  • Ni No Kuni 2

Really, really disagree with this. God Of War is probably PS4's best exclusive. That, along with Spider-man, puts 18 above 17 for me.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8341 on: December 12, 2018, 10:43:39 am »
Really, really disagree with this. God Of War is probably PS4's best exclusive. That, along with Spider-man, puts 18 above 17 for me.

Fair enough - I think that whilst GoW and Spiderman are probably 2 of the best 5 exclusives the PS4 has, the two of the others are P5 and HZD, and then there's the extra games in Nier, Y0 (my favourite series of all time possibly) and a sequel to one of my favourite handheld games ever in Gravity Rush 2.  And Nioh, which got loads of praise.  I also left out a number of other console exclusives from 2017, which I didn't in 2018, so as I said very close, but the quantity of truly excellent, 9/10 games won it from me.  I also am not sure I think GoW is actually better than HZD or P5, it is very close.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8342 on: December 12, 2018, 01:22:24 pm »

Yeah I agree, 2018 has been superb for Sony.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8343 on: December 12, 2018, 06:13:16 pm »
Fair enough - I think that whilst GoW and Spiderman are probably 2 of the best 5 exclusives the PS4 has, the two of the others are P5 and HZD, and then there's the extra games in Nier, Y0 (my favourite series of all time possibly) and a sequel to one of my favourite handheld games ever in Gravity Rush 2.  And Nioh, which got loads of praise.  I also left out a number of other console exclusives from 2017, which I didn't in 2018, so as I said very close, but the quantity of truly excellent, 9/10 games won it from me.  I also am not sure I think GoW is actually better than HZD or P5, it is very close.

Interestingly, I thought I would check the metacritic reviews for the games I listed above, for 2017 vs 2018, and what this suggests is that both years had 1 stand out exclusive, but that 2017's next best were better (4 reviewed between 85-90 for 2017, only Spiderman for 2018 for the same metric), but also in hindsight have been more likely to come out on PC later, and even in one case (Nier) on Xbox too.

2017: Persona 5 - 93 / Horizon Zero Dawn - 89 / Nier: Automata - 88 / Nioh - 88 / Yakuza 0 - 85 / Gravity Rush 2 - 80
2018: God of War - 94 / Spiderman - 87 / Ni No Kuni 2 - 84 / Yakuza 6 - 83

So both years were fantastic - whilst there were a stand out exclusive in the prior two years too (2015 had Bloodborne which got 92, 2016 Uncharted which got 93), they were let down by very little back up from Sony in the AA-AAA space (you had smaller games like Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet and Clank) and some stinkers (Order 1885 mainly), and that it took the studios a little time to catch up and start making the games after they all published loads in the first few months of the console to drive sales (Guerrila for instance made Infamous: Second Son, then took 3 years to make HZD; Insomniac 4 years between R&C and Spiderman, etc).

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8344 on: December 12, 2018, 07:14:47 pm »
Sucker Punch make the Infamous games.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8345 on: December 13, 2018, 10:17:18 am »
Sucker Punch make the Infamous games.

Yes, silly me, sorry.  Was meant to say the launch game Killzone for Guerilila, then HZD.  Sucker Punch of course are developing Ghosts of Tsushima, which looked awesome at E3 this year.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8346 on: December 13, 2018, 10:25:30 am »

Same on age and gamer time this yr, next yr is looking insane as well! Personally I am gonna get the below as a definite and who knows whats else pops up on sales/discounts like War on Mordor or whatever the Shadow sequel is, I got the first one for 15 quid and waiting for second one to come down, love me a PSN sale (i only buy digital) anyway - next yr:

Anthem
Sekiro
DMC 5
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Division 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Left Alive
Days Gone
Biomutant
Shenmue 3

Loads of cool shit coming.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #8347 on: December 23, 2018, 02:33:23 pm »
I’ve bought a PS4 and Call of Duty WW2, it’s doing the downloading update file thing but says I’ve got 99+ hours left and is downloading at a snails pace?

My internet doesn’t seem slow, any ideas? Be arsed waiting 4 days to play a game

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8348 on: December 23, 2018, 03:26:57 pm »
I’ve bought a PS4 and Call of Duty WW2, it’s doing the downloading update file thing but says I’ve got 99+ hours left and is downloading at a snails pace?

My internet doesn’t seem slow, any ideas? Be arsed waiting 4 days to play a game

Turn it off (won't lose what has downloaded) and then reset your router.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #8349 on: December 23, 2018, 05:01:41 pm »
Turn it off (won't lose what has downloaded) and then reset your router.

Cheers mate, gone down to under 3 hours.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8350 on: December 23, 2018, 09:56:26 pm »
Never download over wi-fi either. Always go wired through Ethernet cable

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8351 on: December 23, 2018, 11:57:41 pm »
Just Cause 4 is fucking terrible, what have they done to my franchise!?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8352 on: December 24, 2018, 12:28:35 pm »

Same on age and gamer time this yr, next yr is looking insane as well! Personally I am gonna get the below as a definite and who knows whats else pops up on sales/discounts like War on Mordor or whatever the Shadow sequel is, I got the first one for 15 quid and waiting for second one to come down, love me a PSN sale (i only buy digital) anyway - next yr:

Anthem
Sekiro
DMC 5
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Division 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Left Alive
Days Gone
Biomutant
Shenmue 3

Loads of cool shit coming.

Ghost of Tsushima and (hopefully) Cyberpunk as well.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #8353 on: December 25, 2018, 10:05:37 pm »
Daughter is loving her PS4 Xmas pressie...could do with another controller though. Had a look around and brand new ones appear to be around the £50 mark....seen a few on eBay but they are half that price, safe to say these should be swerved?
Anybody know best place to get good quality second hand ones or should we just bite the bullet and get a brand new official one?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8354 on: December 25, 2018, 10:43:35 pm »
The cheaper ebay one would be sound,just Google the controller,I usually go and read the Amazon reviews.

A wired one would be even cheaper still.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #8355 on: December 25, 2018, 10:45:31 pm »
They're available for £38 here;

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps4-dualshock-v2-blueblackred-controller-3799-shopto-ebay-free-pp-3142950

Shopto are a reliable seller, used them dozens of times, got a few colours too.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8356 on: December 26, 2018, 10:07:57 pm »
Got Spiderman, RDR 2 and spyro to work my way through over the Christmas break.

Love Spiderman right now. Unbelievably smooth gameplay. Flying through an incredible recreation of Marvel New York is so much fun. Even the fighting flows great.

RDR might need a week off work to play it solidly but can't wait for that

• Kopite
« Reply #8357 on: December 27, 2018, 11:31:45 pm »
The missus played a blinder and got me the Pro with Red Dead for Christmas. Red Dead is just amazing.

As for the console, lovely piece of kit. The Dualshock has surprised me with how nice it feels. I had the PS1 and PS2 but then went Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I remember playing a fifa at a mates house on the PS3 and, despite using Dualshocks for years, I couldn't get over how poor the PS3 controller felt in my hands after getting used to the Xbox controller. Well, not sure exactly what they've changed but the Dualshock 4 is glorious and is much closer to the Xbox One controller innterms of quality than I had imagined it could be.

Looking forward to going through the Sony exclusives when I finish Red Dead. Spiderman, God of War, TLOU 1 & 2 and Heavy Rain are all on my list.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:45:04 am by GiorgosCarraGoonies »

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8358 on: December 28, 2018, 09:30:45 am »
The missus played a blinder and got me the Pro with Red Dead for Christmas. Red Dead is just amazing.

As for the console, lovely piece of kit. The Dualshock has surprised me with how nice it feels. I had the PS1 and PS2 but then went Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I remember playing a fifa at a mates house on the PS3 and, despite using Dualshocks for years, I couldn't get over how poor the PS3 controller felt in my hands after getting used to the Xbox controller. Well, not sure exactly what they've changed but the Dualshock 4 is glorious and is much closer to the Xbox One controller innterms of quality than I had imagined it could be.

Looking forward to going through the Sony exclusives when I finish Red Dead. Spiderman, God of War, TLOU 1 & 3 and Heavy Rain are all on my list.

You have a lot of excellent games to get through my man  :)

• Kopite
« Reply #8359 on: December 28, 2018, 09:45:36 am »
You have a lot of excellent games to get through my man  :)
Tell me about it   :D