Author Topic: The tide is turning (by john_mac)  (Read 19457 times)

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
Re: The tide is turning
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2003, 05:29:17 pm »
this:-
I am fully aware he has scored 8 goals in 20 games.

this:-
Kewell hasnt done enough for me - its my personal point  of  view

It's also utter bollox - what the fuck do you want from him? :wanker

Sorry to get personal, there is a lot being spoken at the moment - but that's the biggest pile of stinking shit I've heard! :o
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2003, 06:03:36 pm »
Saturday proved to me that certain players couldn't give a shit about us, and if that is the case, then they can fuck off in January, as i'd rather have kids who cared than overpaid timewasters who don't.

I said the same on here yesterday, I'm not going to name them but I never felt any sympathy for one of them not even the crowd favourites, load of shite the lot of them.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2003, 06:05:23 pm »
I said the same on here yesterday, I'm not going to name them but I never felt any sympathy for one of them not even the crowd favourites, load of shite the lot of them.

You can do better than that surely? ???
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Jamie_H

• Anny Roader
  • Champions of Europe 2005
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2003, 06:13:09 pm »
Sorry for speaking complete and utter bollox. Just thought that freedom of speech an all that, a personal point of view is allowed.

I am in no way saying Kewell is a bad player, he has done ok in the red shirt, and by no means of the imagination do I consider him to be a bad signing.

I take it is is just too much to ask these days that a player with the talent of Harry doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck more often.

Excuse me for breathing - must get the next flight out to Iraq to face the firing squad for posting thoughts on here that differ from others. :upyours

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2003, 06:16:00 pm »
Sorry for speaking complete and utter bollox. Just thought that freedom of speech an all that, a personal point of view is allowed.

I am in no way saying Kewell is a bad player, he has done ok in the red shirt, and by no means of the imagination do I consider him to be a bad signing.

I take it is is just too much to ask these days that a player with the talent of Harry doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck more often.

Excuse me for breathing - must get the next flight out to Iraq to face the firing squad for posting thoughts on here that differ from others. :upyours

Consider yourself shot. Kewell has been an excellent addition and one of the bright points of the season.

If he hasn't done enough for you, what exactly do you expect from him?  ::)

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2003, 06:17:59 pm »
Consider yourself shot. Kewell has been an excellent addition and one of the bright points of the season.

If he hasn't done enough for you, what exactly do you expect from him?  ::)

Exactly! ???

Offline Jamie_H

• Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2003, 06:25:15 pm »
Oh the sunshine on here.

Just because I state I would have liked to have seen a bit more from Kewell I am getting ripped to pieces.  I stated what I would like to see from him a little more but it doesnt sink in english sometimes does it.

It is as if you lot think I think he is shit which I dont?

Can we agree to disagree or is that too hard for some?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2003, 06:28:58 pm »
Oh the sunshine on here.

Just because I state I would have liked to have seen a bit more from Kewell I am getting ripped to pieces.  I stated what I would like to see from him a little more but it doesnt sink in english sometimes does it.

Sunshines out of my arse. Check my recent posts for all the sunshine I've been spreading.

A little more of what, exactly, do you wantr from Harry?

And you're not getting ripped to pieces, believe me, even though you resorted to rude gesticulations.  :wave

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2003, 06:32:56 pm »
You can do better than that surely? ???

To be honest no, I can't even talk about individuals I'm so traumatised, I could sue over this   :)
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Jamie_H

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2003, 06:39:55 pm »
As long as yer happy thats the main thing eh?

I belive this   :wanker to mean wanker? Hence I replied with  :upyours which means up Yours? Yes i agree mine is a lot ruder. Sorry, again pls accept my HUMBLE apologies. ::)

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2003, 06:39:55 pm »
To be honest no, I can't even talk about individuals I'm so traumatised, I could sue over this   :)

Fair does! ;D

Cheer up :wave
Things could be worse :-\

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2003, 06:41:17 pm »
Oh the sunshine on here.

I can agree to disagree, not sure what I'm agreeing to there tho, cos you really haven't backed your point up! :wave

Offline El mooro

• Compo of the Opera
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "A Bastion of Invincibility"
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2003, 06:48:11 pm »
I'm fuckin hurting at the moment.

mooro
Daft Little Ground, Silly Game, Eff Off!

Offline Jamie_H

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2003, 06:48:46 pm »
we'll just agree to disagree then - whatever that was ;) :wave

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2003, 06:52:32 pm »
I'm fuckin hurting at the moment.

mooro

Here here, it hurts like hell !!
RAWK anti scouse?

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2003, 07:27:03 pm »
To be honest, Kewell has hit nowhere near top form imo which just goes to show that a player he is.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2003, 08:13:40 pm »
so everyone is hurting - yes we all know that.  a Red team being so tame is not easy to contend with - never has and never will.  we're in 9th place - may as well say 'mid table' and the perception seems to be sack Le Boss as its all doom & gloom down L4 way.  he's spent millions, bought shite players, nowhere near CL qualification and enough is enough.

all the above is true.  isn't it?  or is it?

at the risk of being accused of rolling out the same 'excuse' when as far as i;m concerned it's fact - look at our injuries.  Didi, Carra, Milan, Michael, Finnan - need i go on?  yes, the mancs and arse have had injuries and coped but where their injuries as intense and severe as ours?  the players we have missed this season would have hurt any team in the world (fucking hell, even chelsea would have only have had a first multi-million eleven to choose from) and anyway, fuck them - i'm only interested in LFC.

so Le Boss has failed us - has he really?  lets even move on from the trophies he has won and the fact he has restored some of our reputation - lets look at right here right now - 3 points away from the much heralded CL spot, doesn't sound so bad does it.

our injured players shall all be making an apperance some time soon (thank fuck) and from that point of view the picture looks a little rosier.

the funny thing is that maybe the current 'slump' will work in our favour.  Le Boss knows his preferred first 11 - with that group of players he knows he's onto a winner, its just that he isn't getting to field his first choice 11.  but it has been glaringly obvious that our overall squad is somewhat lacking.  and for me - that is Le Boss's biggest downfall.  with so much focus and money spent on for the future, at times like now when he needs to call on experienced players as back-up - there simply is none.

certain players at Anfield have outstayed their worth with a few others having to prove that they deserve to be a part of the club.

Le Boss isn't one of them.  all the hard work has went in, the preparation, the players - all with the aim of making us a championship challenging team.

the strange thing (wouldn't even dare call it 'funny') is that, in my opinion, Gerard has got a first 11 capable of winning the championship - it is the back-up players that need sorted out.

could go on about it all day and night - but to conclude.

keep your heads and think about what you are doing.  there is no denying the fan's love for LFC, we all want what is best for the club and it hurts like hell when we suffer a set-back.  BUT with the hysteria currently surrounding the club i think that some fans reactions have had a negative effect on the club (albeit unintentionally).  with the obvious discontent the media have grabbed it like a dog with a big fucking juicy bone.  those bastards will milk it for all its worth.  the ex-player brigade starting to come out with their words of wisdom - and what does all this achieve?  even more pressure on Le Boss and the club.

take a step-back and think about what is being said and done.
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline Rashid

• 99% of posts are bullshit, the other 1% get deleted. Unloved, unwashed, and untidy.
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2003, 08:17:53 pm »
Irish Red... nice words.

Where is the league title?

Offline IrishRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2003, 08:19:59 pm »
ask arse or the mancs

in my opinion Gerard has built a TEAM capable of winning the league.

the missing bit at the minute is that the SQUAD isn't good enough to win it.
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline Rashid

• 99% of posts are bullshit, the other 1% get deleted. Unloved, unwashed, and untidy.
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2003, 08:23:45 pm »
ask arse or the mancs

in my opinion Gerard has built a TEAM capable of winning the league.

the missing bit at the minute is that the SQUAD isn't good enough to win it.

If the squad aint good enough then the team aint good enough. That nonsense you are chatting there mate.

Having to ask the Mancs or Arse about the league is NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR LIVERPOOL.

Offline joepunter

• 100% Behind Le Boss
  • Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2003, 08:30:27 pm »
irish red, you're hilarious.

at this stage any shaven chimp has realised that houllier is a fraud and an utterly, utterly shit manager ... but not you.

this 'injuries' bullshit - what a fucking laugh that is.

sure, we have injuries, but isn't that why we have a squad?

in the horribly injury-depleted team we were forced to pick v southampton houllier had:

* an £11m striker (his record signing)
* a £10m winger (his second most expensive signing)
* an £8m defensive midfielder (his third most expensive signing)
* britain's most expensive goalkeeper (his fourth most expensive signing)
* his captain
* his former captain
* a £6m central defender (unbelievably, biscan is his fifth most expensive signing, i think...)
* the man he bought "to replace steve mcmanaman"
* "the norwegian roberto carlos"
* his favoured son, "danny platini"

he cannot claim that this squad was too ravaged by injury to beat southampton. it contains the five most expensive players he has signed. sure, a couple of those players are utter cack - but who's to blame for that?

it is plain that the players are playing to get rid of him. moores should not prolong the agony any longer. let us be rid of the man who paid £11m for emile heskey, and let the recovery begin.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2003, 08:34:39 pm »
Great posts john, I know how yer feeling, and it pains me immensely to see the level of abuse aimed at a man who has done so much for the club.

I wouldn't really blame Ged for walking away, for all his talk in the past about how special liverpool fans are he must be bloody disappointed now.

Offline Rashid

• Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2003, 08:35:15 pm »
Top class post mate.

The total cost of the players missing on Saturday was £15.5M. So having spent £120M - where have all the rest gone? Surely we must have some quality in the youth team and the rest of the £105M?

Offline IrishRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2003, 08:36:47 pm »
the TEAM and the SQUAD are two different things 'mate'.

the team are the first 11 who play the game - the squad is the combination of all players at Anfield.

your last comment is a bit obvious Rashid

Justice

Offline IrishRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2003, 08:39:28 pm »

irish red, you're hilarious.

recognition for my comedy value at last

::)

did you read my post?  i agree the SQUAD isn't good enough.

Justice

Offline joepunter

• 100% Behind Le Boss
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2003, 08:47:35 pm »
who bought the SQUAD? why did we buy the SQUAD in the first place?

if the SQUAD (assembled at a cost of £120m) is shit, then wouldn't we have been better off not bothering spending at least £80m of that, and relied instead on free youth players from the academy. they might have been shit, but would at least have been a lot cheaper than the expensive shit we've got in the SQUAD.

that money was spent to back houllier's judgment and vast chunks of it were completely wasted. no other business would allow a chief executive who had shown such stunning financial incompetence and lack of judgment to continue in the job.

observe also that players are beginning to flinch away from the prospect of signing for liverpool as they might cower from the ding ding ding of a leper's bell. boumsong is joining RANGERS rather than play under houllier.

Offline Rashid

• Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2003, 08:52:40 pm »
I think Boumsong is joining Rangers cos noone else wants him? Where are Inter, Arsenal and Real then? Lets be serious here.

He isn't joining LFC cos he knows that Houllier's days may be numbered.

Offline joepunter

• 100% Behind Le Boss
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2003, 08:55:19 pm »
i don't think we're missing out on much. i saw him play for france v japan in the confederations cup and he was slow, clunky and ponderous. typical houllier signing in fact. it's a lucky escape.

Offline IrishRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2003, 08:57:57 pm »
joe - i never said i believed the squad to be 'shit' i simply said 'not good enough'.

'players' = boumsong.  i heard he signed for rangers due to them showing more interest and being more keen for him to sign.

before i forget - good to see you back joe.  you seemed to disappear for a while there when we happened to be winning a couple of games

Justice

Offline IrishRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2003, 08:58:40 pm »
he was slow, clunky and ponderous. typical houllier signing in fact. it's a lucky escape.

Harry Kewell

Justice

Offline joepunter

• 100% Behind Le Boss
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2003, 09:03:21 pm »
i check back every so often to see if you've all still got your heads in the sand. some people seem to be seeing the light but several crazed die hards cling on.

kewell was, of course, an excellent signing - but you'd hardly have to be the football mastermind to know that.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2003, 09:06:37 pm »
The reason, as explained in the French press, that Boumsong is joining Rangers is because they've offered him a contract worth 50,000 a week.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2003, 09:07:25 pm »
no wonder they're in debt if thats the case

Offline Walton_Gary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2003, 09:37:48 pm »
Great post John, its one of the hardest times ive known to be a Liverpudlian.

Saturdays match knocked the shite out of me and im still not over it, it was fuckin bad putting it mildley, it may sound bad but that could be a blessing in disguise, whiskey nose was one game away from the boot and i think Houllier is now, if we get beat at Wolves then i think he's gone but we wont.

Me arl fella (not an anti Houllier, but not too happy at the moment) said a few weeks ago if he gets us in the Champions league he deserves another season, if we get fourth from here with all this pressure from the fans, media, public then he deserves a fuckin medal as well!

To all those calling for his head think about this, if we sack Houllier tomorrow we wont have a chance of making fourth place, not a fuckin chance because of all the changes, styles etc that perhaps the players mighten be used to, mighten like the new manager, new manager could be worst etc etc etc, in my opinion we will be in a better position with Houllier here than getting someone else in!

The grass is not always greener on the other side!

Allez Allez

Offline Old-Scallywag

• Legacy Fan
  • un hincha de Liverpool
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2003, 09:49:50 pm »

at this stage any shaven chimp has realised that houllier is a fraud and an utterly, utterly shit manager

Jokepunter its great that you have at last come out of the closet and declared your species and may I be the first to congratulate you on being one very articulate (if negative) primate.

Do yer fancy a banana mate.....
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2003, 11:13:31 pm »
Well put, John.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Rashid

• Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2003, 11:15:28 pm »
Great post John, its one of the hardest times ive known to be a Liverpudlian.

Saturdays match knocked the shite out of me and im still not over it, it was fuckin bad putting it mildley, it may sound bad but that could be a blessing in disguise, whiskey nose was one game away from the boot and i think Houllier is now, if we get beat at Wolves then i think he's gone but we wont.

Me arl fella (not an anti Houllier, but not too happy at the moment) said a few weeks ago if he gets us in the Champions league he deserves another season, if we get fourth from here with all this pressure from the fans, media, public then he deserves a fuckin medal as well!

To all those calling for his head think about this, if we sack Houllier tomorrow we wont have a chance of making fourth place, not a fuckin chance because of all the changes, styles etc that perhaps the players mighten be used to, mighten like the new manager, new manager could be worst etc etc etc, in my opinion we will be in a better position with Houllier here than getting someone else in!

The grass is not always greener on the other side!

Allez Allez

Wenger inherited a team in dissaray in November, he ended up finishing 4th.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2003, 11:18:20 pm »
disarray? You've never been good on your history Rash.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Walton_Gary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2003, 11:29:41 pm »
Wenger inherited a team in dissaray in November, he ended up finishing 4th.

Does he manage us, no - so why the fucking pointless reply!!!

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2003, 11:32:36 pm »
oh for the disarray of the meanest defence in the country and an attack containing Bergkamp at his peak!

Wenger has done a brilliant job btw, no doubt about it, interestingly many Arsenal fans were very much against his appointment, his insistance at carrying on with his role in Japan and many of his early moves. Before anybody says anything, I'm not for one second trying to compare him to Houllier, Houllier could not be compared to a manager who has twice delivered the double.

Some of the posts do dishearten me to an extent that I find it difficult to explain. The almost clockwork timing of the enigma that is "Joepunter" after a home defeat, however, is a joy to behold.

Come on Joe, the mild mannered janitor, reveal your true identity!
We'll See Things They'll Never See