Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2764890 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61160 on: August 18, 2021, 07:20:46 pm »
I personally have never had any issues in getting tickets, though ever year there do seem to be horror stories.

This year looks like no exception, though I'm not going.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61161 on: August 19, 2021, 08:54:25 am »

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61162 on: August 19, 2021, 10:57:57 pm »
Was excited about this young and talented defense under Saleh, but this Carl Lawson news is like a gut punch.

The Jets weren't going to be contenders or anything, but I was excited for a ferocious defense under Salah and maybe a couple of fun upsets to set things up for the future, but losing Lawson to an achilles injury just sucks.  Who knows if he'll ever be the same after in 2022?  I hope so, as I think this team can go places in the future.
King Kenny.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61163 on: August 20, 2021, 08:08:10 am »
I know its only pre season - but decent win for the Patriots over night!

Was it because its pre season? The Eagles are shit? Or could a decent play off run be on the cards?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61164 on: August 20, 2021, 09:48:17 am »
I know its only pre season - but decent win for the Patriots over night!

Was it because its pre season? The Eagles are shit? Or could a decent play off run be on the cards?
Probably both the first 2.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61165 on: August 20, 2021, 09:50:34 am »
I can't be arsed with pre-season games at all. a sizeable amount of them running around will end up being cut anyway.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61166 on: August 20, 2021, 09:57:54 am »
I can't be arsed with pre-season games at all. a sizeable amount of them running around will end up being cut anyway.
Agreed. No point watching 3rd string vs 3rd string for half a match.

It's odd how teams protect their teams so much. Surely they will just go into the season really rusty.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61167 on: August 20, 2021, 10:01:03 am »

Eagles starters are only ok. Their depth is pretty poor. They will have a quiet year (along with NYG). Yesterday was a little bit from every column: Preseason, Eagles are shit, Patriots are a decent well-organised team.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61168 on: August 20, 2021, 04:26:41 pm »
NFL preseason is the worst of the sports that have preseason games, at least there's  only 3 preseason games [along with the hall of fame game] now with the expanded regular season.
#Sausages

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #61169 on: August 20, 2021, 04:49:59 pm »
NFL preseason is the worst of the sports that have preseason games, at least there's  only 3 preseason games [along with the hall of fame game] now with the expanded regular season.

Agree. As a spectacle they are pretty poor in general since you are watching 2nd and 3rd string players most of the time..

I suspect the main function they serve is to see how players on the edge of the 53 man roster fair in something that resembles a real NFL game. It arguably gives rookies some early exposure too.

It's probably more useful for teams in terms of decision making around depth they take forward when rosters are trimmed to 53 than it is as a spectacle for fans.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61170 on: August 20, 2021, 04:51:51 pm »

Although I used to love going to the American Bowl at Wembley as a kid. Regular season games were a pipedream back then

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61171 on: August 20, 2021, 04:59:05 pm »
Agree. As a spectacle they are pretty poor in general since you are watching 2nd and 3rd string players most of the time..

I suspect the main function they serve is to see how players on the edge of the 53 man roster fair in something that resembles a real NFL game. It arguably gives rookies some early exposure too.

It's probably more useful for teams in terms of decision making around depth they take forward when rosters are trimmed to 53 than it is as a spectacle for fans.

That's true, the vets only play a few snaps mostly the last preseason games, the only other useful thing in preseason is, is Hard Knocks, as you say mostly used for those at the edge of making the roster & rookies.

Think the best spectacle last week was the fans brawling in the stands at SoFi stadium last weekend. ;D

#Sausages

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #61172 on: August 22, 2021, 07:29:07 pm »
That's true, the vets only play a few snaps mostly the last preseason games, the only other useful thing in preseason is, is Hard Knocks, as you say mostly used for those at the edge of making the roster & rookies.

Think the best spectacle last week was the fans brawling in the stands at SoFi stadium last weekend. ;D

Our draft is in 5 minutes mate - where are you?  Its redraft league.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61173 on: August 22, 2021, 07:30:04 pm »
Agreed. No point watching 3rd string vs 3rd string for half a match.

It's odd how teams protect their teams so much. Surely they will just go into the season really rusty.

We are missing you too mate.  Draft in 4 minutes - where are you?

Its on Sleeper app....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:33:24 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61174 on: August 22, 2021, 10:55:10 pm »
Our draft is in 5 minutes mate - where are you?  Its redraft league.

In the boozer getting pissed like a normal Sunday night, hic. :hally :hally ;D ;D
#Sausages

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61175 on: August 24, 2021, 04:36:28 am »
In the boozer getting pissed like a normal Sunday night, hic. :hally :hally ;D ;D

Team still looks pretty mate.   Not a bad process ta.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61176 on: August 24, 2021, 09:23:34 am »
Cowboys starting to have Covid positives and putting players & coaches into the protocols.: Dan Quinn, CD Lamb, Mukuamu, Watkins all fully vaccinated but tested positive. Malik Hooker has only 1 shot and tested positive. 
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61177 on: August 24, 2021, 11:17:44 am »
Cowboys starting to have Covid positives and putting players & coaches into the protocols.: Dan Quinn, CD Lamb, Mukuamu, Watkins all fully vaccinated but tested positive. Malik Hooker has only 1 shot and tested positive.

Hard Knocks will be fun this week then. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61178 on: August 24, 2021, 11:29:38 am »
Team still looks pretty mate.   Not a bad process ta.

Not bad, handy if Kittle doesn't get injured, maybe i should try the same for next year too if my team does well this year. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61179 on: August 24, 2021, 10:06:45 pm »
Jags rookie RB Travis Etienne to miss the whole season with an Lisfranc injury.
#Sausages

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61180 on: August 25, 2021, 03:59:32 am »

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61181 on: August 25, 2021, 09:40:05 am »
Given the annual disaster that they are with regards tickets, I won't expect it to be easy at all!

and in a complete shock to nobody.....queue starts at 9.30 according to email, appears queue was already 16k+ before that time and was 25k+ immediately at 9.30. Well done as always annoying people NFL UK....
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #61182 on: August 25, 2021, 09:42:14 am »
and in a complete shock to nobody.....queue starts at 9.30 according to email, appears queue was already 16k+ before that time and was 25k+ immediately at 9.30. Well done as always annoying people NFL UK....
I'm in the holding pen to purchase, but I knew it would be like this, I joined the queue at 08:00 and there was already 1,000 there by then.

I have no trust that clicking the 'Press me at 10:00' button will yield success.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61183 on: August 25, 2021, 09:45:47 am »
very poor they didn't reset the queue at 9.30am after saying it would only open then.
All those that have joined early will now get sorted and those that waited until they said it would open will miss out.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61184 on: August 25, 2021, 09:46:43 am »
I'm in the holding pen to purchase, but I knew it would be like this, I joined the queue at 08:00 and there was already 1,000 there by then.

I have no trust that clicking the 'Press me at 10:00' button will yield success.

Expectation was anyone in before 9.30 would get reset/timed-out but if you've been there for 1.15 at this stage appears I'm a moron for not logging in early.

Hopefully able to snag 2 for dolphins game here :-\

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61185 on: August 25, 2021, 09:52:19 am »
Expectation was anyone in before 9.30 would get reset/timed-out but if you've been there for 1.15 at this stage appears I'm a moron for not logging in early.

Hopefully able to snag 2 for dolphins game here :-\
Honestly these queue systems are a law unto themselves, I don't trust any of them to work in the proper way. I've been in them for endless gigs and for console pre-orders, I've been in super early and kicked out, likewise I've joined last minute and been successful. It's a lottery. I'm hopeful everyone gets the tickets they want.

I want Jags Dolphins tickets too (follow The Seahawks and The Chiefs) but everyone I speak to seems to want tickets for this one rather than the Falcons Jets game.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61186 on: August 25, 2021, 09:53:14 am »
Honestly these queue systems are a law unto themselves, I don't trust any of them to work in the proper way. I've been in them for endless gigs and for console pre-orders, I've been in super early and kicked out, likewise I've joined last minute and been successful. It's a lottery. I'm hopeful everyone gets the tickets they want.

I want Jags Dolphins tickets too (follow The Seahawks and The Chiefs) but everyone I speak to seems to want tickets for this one rather than the Falcons Jets game.

Yep i'm increasingly concerned. Have flights etc sorted already, never not been able to get in past....its also my bday so thats ruined thanks nfl :P

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61187 on: August 25, 2021, 09:55:09 am »
Yep i'm increasingly concerned. Have flights etc sorted already, never not been able to get in past....its also my bday so thats ruined thanks nfl :P
Keep trying mate, the stadium capacity far exceeds the number of people in the queue currently, I'm hopeful for you.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61188 on: August 25, 2021, 10:02:11 am »
Right on queue, I'm booted out and told it's 56 minutes until I can purchase. Fuck.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61189 on: August 25, 2021, 10:03:36 am »
Right on queue, I'm booted out and told it's 56 minutes until I can purchase. Fuck.

Jaysus shite!

Mines not moved, over hour wait joined 9.30.01......

Dont forget season ticket holders etc. already taken half the tickets, i'm extremely doubtful this stage

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #61190 on: August 25, 2021, 10:05:16 am »
Didn't realise this startedat 09:30. Came into it about 09:45 to find there's 43000 people ahead of me  :butt I can only make the Falcons/Jets game so I'm hoping demand for that won't be as excessive!
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61191 on: August 25, 2021, 10:07:51 am »
Didn't realise this startedat 09:30. Came into it about 09:45 to find there's 43000 people ahead of me  :butt I can only make the Falcons/Jets game so I'm hoping demand for that won't be as excessive!
I've got four laptops and 2 phones on at the moment, best I am in the queue is 10K which is a 54 minute wait. Rest I'm in the 50ks, no chance of tickets on that for the Jags game. Jets game has 30k in the queue at the moment.

What's pissing me off is reselling sites already have the tickets on at 200% face value. Fucking mess.

Edit - they're using a shared queue for both games, so 50k is for the entire site not for individual games. Slightly increases chances I guess.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 10:10:12 am by Drinks Sangria »

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61192 on: August 25, 2021, 10:13:10 am »
I've got four laptops and 2 phones on at the moment, best I am in the queue is 10K which is a 54 minute wait. Rest I'm in the 50ks, no chance of tickets on that for the Jags game. Jets game has 30k in the queue at the moment.

What's pissing me off is reselling sites already have the tickets on at 200% face value. Fucking mess.

Edit - they're using a shared queue for both games, so 50k is for the entire site not for individual games. Slightly increases chances I guess.

Now if only everyone has 6 spots in queue its only really 8-10k total and everyone happy :P

Gone down about 3k so far in 14min....

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61193 on: August 25, 2021, 10:17:29 am »
Now if only everyone has 6 spots in queue its only really 8-10k total and everyone happy :P

Gone down about 3k so far in 14min....
I know it's not great taking up so many spots for two tickets, but if it gets me the tickets I'm not arsed, I'm not depriving anyone else and not buying to resell.

The timer is jumping everywhere, I was down to 10 minute wait now back up to £20. I don't really want to pay more than £90 per ticket so that does limit my options somewhat if the cheaper seats get bought out.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61194 on: August 25, 2021, 10:28:42 am »
I know it's not great taking up so many spots for two tickets, but if it gets me the tickets I'm not arsed, I'm not depriving anyone else and not buying to resell.

The timer is jumping everywhere, I was down to 10 minute wait now back up to £20. I don't really want to pay more than £90 per ticket so that does limit my options somewhat if the cheaper seats get bought out.

Everything else was so cheap for me will take whatever can at this stage to be honest....down to <10min again here fingers crossed....going much quicker now for sure

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61195 on: August 25, 2021, 10:42:04 am »
Everything else was so cheap for me will take whatever can at this stage to be honest....down to <10min again here fingers crossed....going much quicker now for sure
Any luck? Got a pair of tickets for me and my girlfriend, not brilliant seats for £90 each, in the corner elevated though so should be a reasonable view of the game. It's as much about the pre-game experience and the atmosphere for me as anything so I'm looking forward to it.

Now to scramble for hotels, last time I drove down, paid £25 to park on a 'secure' car park then had all my windows put through.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61196 on: August 25, 2021, 10:50:24 am »
Any luck? Got a pair of tickets for me and my girlfriend, not brilliant seats for £90 each, in the corner elevated though so should be a reasonable view of the game. It's as much about the pre-game experience and the atmosphere for me as anything so I'm looking forward to it.

Now to scramble for hotels, last time I drove down, paid £25 to park on a 'secure' car park then had all my windows put through.

Yes mate, had nightmare trying to pick own seats so had let them choose, also 90quid all in, section 418 i think it is, ins in right!

Travelodge covenant garden is our go to, leic square casino shows the later games so works out well.....messy, but well.

Phew.

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61197 on: August 25, 2021, 10:54:01 am »
Yes mate, had nightmare trying to pick own seats so had let them choose, also 90quid all in, section 418 i think it is, ins in right!

Travelodge covenant garden is our go to, leic square casino shows the later games so works out well.....messy, but well.

Phew.
Good stuff, yeah awful trying to pick seats, everything was getting hoovered up and we ended up just having to take some sub-par ones in order to sit together. The stadium has allegedly been designed with a view to giving everyone a good vantage point and view of the action, so we'll see.

I can be a bit of a tight arse at the moment as we're moving to a house that's requiring renovation, so will look accept a bang average bit of accommodation in order to keep costs down.

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #61198 on: August 25, 2021, 11:16:05 am »
Finally got in but only single seats left for Dolphins game it seemed After trying just about every area settled for tickets one in front of the other for me and my daughter

According to a mate of mine who is a Spurs fan the best way he found to get in and out was from Theobald’s Grove to White Hart Lane station which takes 12 minutes then 5 minute walk to the stadium

Opens up a lot of cheaper accommodation north of London - I’m staying in a Premier Inn at South Mimms before the Jets game for £31.50

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61199 on: August 25, 2021, 11:43:49 am »
Finally got in but only single seats left for Dolphins game it seemed After trying just about every area settled for tickets one in front of the other for me and my daughter

According to a mate of mine who is a Spurs fan the best way he found to get in and out was from Theobald’s Grove to White Hart Lane station which takes 12 minutes then 5 minute walk to the stadium

Opens up a lot of cheaper accommodation north of London - I’m staying in a Premier Inn at South Mimms before the Jets game for £31.50
I've booked the Southgate Premier Inn about 3 miles from the ground for two nights, for £65 a night which I didn't think was too bad, sounds like you've got a bargain though. We're gonna head down on the Saturday, do some of the museums and galleries, have a nice meal out with a few drinks and then take in the game before heading home Monday. All in, it's cost £420 before money spent down there, so not far off what we'd usually pay for a European City break  :o Special occasion though.