Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2770952 times)

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61120 on: July 22, 2021, 10:17:56 pm »
NFL Updating it Covid Protocols with the NFLPA today this is part of it https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1418261816493363203

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61121 on: July 22, 2021, 10:22:23 pm »
The vaccination rates for some teams are ridiculously low. That's one way to incentivize things

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #61122 on: July 22, 2021, 11:00:12 pm »
NFL Updating it Covid Protocols with the NFLPA today this is part of it https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1418261816493363203

Neither team? That seems harsh on the team that doesnt have an outbreak?

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61123 on: July 23, 2021, 12:24:51 am »
Neither team? That seems harsh on the team that doesnt have an outbreak?
They get paid by game check. I believe this was same case if games where cancelled last year(which didn't happen and NFL rescheduled) Not sure the NFL will be as forgiving this time when it all super preventable to avoid rescheduling games

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61124 on: July 23, 2021, 12:36:24 am »
Raiders being able to have spectators for the first time in there new that the ticket prices can are $500 on secondary sites, you may be able to get tickets  a lot cheaper nearer the kickoff time, if when the Raiders aren't doing well, but likewise prices could well rise if the Raiders are doing well.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61125 on: July 23, 2021, 09:00:45 pm »
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1418628745049493508
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1418645487499063299

To be able to interact with the players and work with them on the field a coach must be vaccinated

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61126 on: July 24, 2021, 01:53:22 am »
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1418731194829746181 he can obv retire then unretire next offseason too

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61127 on: July 26, 2021, 09:54:41 pm »
Penny for the thoughts of the Denver Broncos management at this time

SportsCenter@SportsCenter
The Packers are offering concessions & are close to an agreement that would bring Aaron Rodgers back to Green Bay for at least this season. The new agreement, once finalized, would help set up Rodgers’ departure from Green Bay after this season, sources tell @AdamSchefter

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61128 on: August 2, 2021, 05:53:14 pm »
Carson Wentz having surgery on an injured foot, out for 5 to 12 weeks
#Sausages

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #61129 on: August 2, 2021, 07:52:55 pm »
Carson Wentz having surgery on an injured foot, out for 5 to 12 weeks

Surprised how wide the range is on Wentz's expected comeback. Makes a huge difference if it's 5 weeks versus 12 weeks.

If it's 5 weeks then he's back in contention near the start of the regular season. If it's 12 weeks then he's missing the 1st 7 or 8 regular season games.

If it's the latter I just don't see the Colts going with either Jacob Eason or a rookie for the 1st half of the season. Would put immense pressure on Wentz and the team to perform in the 2nd half of the season to make the play-offs.

I wonder of the 5-12 weeks timeframe is a bit of negotiating tactic in terms of trading for a new starter. If they say it's 12 weeks out for Wentz then teams will know how desperate they are. 5-12 weeks gives you a bit of leeway in negotiations. Not sure who the Colts could go for but assuming Mariota or Foles seem like options. Not sure someone like Garapollo would be available or viable from a cap perspective.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61130 on: August 3, 2021, 08:19:14 am »
Might the Colts not just be downplaying things to protect ticket sales etc, it is not like they don't have previous form for doing that with other QB injuries, they gave a more positive view of Peyton's injury to start with and then he missed the season, something similar with Luck twice, he missed the season the first time and retired the second.

Clearly they need to trade for Foles to replace Wentz. ;D
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 08:21:43 am by Skeeve »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61131 on: August 3, 2021, 02:10:04 pm »
Sounds like Vikings HC Zimmer has had enough of his anti-vaxxers.

Can't believe their newly drafted QB is one too, what a chance to potentially start a few games.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61132 on: August 3, 2021, 06:10:48 pm »
Sounds like Vikings HC Zimmer has had enough of his anti-vaxxers.

Can't believe their newly drafted QB is one too, what a chance to potentially start a few games.

I thought it's Cousins and Thielen and a third guy who are anti-vaccine - I know Mond has tested positive but that doesn't necessarily mean he's anti-vaccination

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61133 on: August 4, 2021, 02:53:31 am »
I thought it's Cousins and Thielen and a third guy who are anti-vaccine - I know Mond has tested positive but that doesn't necessarily mean he's anti-vaccination
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/03/kellen-mond-isnt-vaccinated-despite-a-report-that-he-is/

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61134 on: August 4, 2021, 08:46:58 am »

At least you can tell what type of people they are if they`re not vaccinated. It would be interesting to see the demographics of those who choose not to protect their friends, families and neighbours.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #61135 on: August 4, 2021, 09:09:57 am »
The NFL should say they'll waive the cap implications for any team that releases an unvaccinated player.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61136 on: August 4, 2021, 10:10:04 am »
The NFL should say they'll waive the cap implications for any team that releases an unvaccinated player.
They wont but if your trying to make a roster and it very close btw you and other play the team going take the vaccinated player. Pryor tweeted he was supposed to have a work out and the first question was are you vaccinated. Cole Beasley can get away with no being vaccinated he a stud WR, same with other high level players but no chance on fringe roster guys. Ryan Tannehill said he got vaccinated because he didn't want the restrictions. The NFL has done a great job making it basically mandatory for players wo a mandate.
I think they will update their vaccine requirements in 2022 after the FDA fully licenses it(NFL doesn't want that fight with the union right now but they made a very fair deal with the union for the guidelines)
Brandon Beane the Bills GM kinda said the quiet part outloud and the NFL talked to him about it but players cant be cut for the sole reason of not being vaccinated.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/07/nfl-spoke-to-brandon-beane-about-comment-on-cutting-unvaccinated-player/

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61137 on: August 4, 2021, 02:15:11 pm »
One open spot (at least) in our long running keeper league this year.

And reminder for those in it that its back!

:wave
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #61138 on: August 5, 2021, 03:59:01 am »
just watched rodgers' press conference from the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNQHOD_1qaI

totally reasonable from his perspective, up front and clear in his concerns with the packers, much respect for that man

packers pissing in the wind on this, just sort it
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61139 on: August 5, 2021, 08:23:27 pm »
At least you can tell what type of people they are if they`re not vaccinated. It would be interesting to see the demographics of those who choose not to protect their friends, families and neighbours.

F*ck off with that. They may have a legitimate reason. My girlfriend has a preexisting condition which means the side effects from the vaccine could absolutely floor her, yet she's treated like she's being selfish by some, even though we're now effectively isolating because of 'freedom day'.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61140 on: August 5, 2021, 08:25:19 pm »
F*ck off with that. They may have a legitimate reason. My girlfriend has a preexisting condition which means the side effects from the vaccine could absolutely floor her, yet she's treated like she's being selfish by some, even though we're now effectively isolating because of 'freedom day'.

That's true, but they're not. There's nothing medically up with them or they'd say so. They're just fucking stupid.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #61141 on: August 5, 2021, 08:57:40 pm »

Not one of them has come out and said that, obviously that would be a legitimate reason. Unfortunately, most of them are showing exactly what shitty characters they are.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61142 on: August 6, 2021, 08:25:25 am »

Online KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61143 on: August 6, 2021, 08:41:28 am »

You seem nice.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61144 on: August 6, 2021, 01:16:33 pm »
More than ever Cowboys desperately hoping Dak will stay healthy.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61145 on: August 6, 2021, 01:27:49 pm »
Ticket prices for the London games have been released, from £60 to £137 for a seat
https://www.nfl.com/uk/ticket-prices
#Sausages

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61146 on: August 8, 2021, 06:48:03 am »
Well done Troy getting into Canton, well earned.

Legend
YNWA

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61147 on: August 10, 2021, 11:20:16 am »
Ticket prices for the London games have been released, from £60 to £137 for a seat
https://www.nfl.com/uk/ticket-prices

Any season ticket holders here that only want to go to first game and willing to pass on 2 to the Miami game let me know....

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61148 on: August 10, 2021, 11:55:18 am »
You seem nice.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe you should stop and think before judging everybody without knowing their circumstances. Typical that somebody who makes quite a nasty little insidious comment then follows that up with the one liner where you take the moral high ground.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61149 on: August 10, 2021, 12:27:23 pm »
Any season ticket holders here that only want to go to first game and willing to pass on 2 to the Miami game let me know....

I bought some of the 'cheap' premium seats this morning. I'd never normally buy hospitality for any event, but I feel that demand is going to be high this year, and with previous Wembley STHs getting priority I don't see a lot being left for the general sales.

Online KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61150 on: August 10, 2021, 02:39:00 pm »
I was thinking the same thing, maybe you should stop and think before judging everybody without knowing their circumstances. Typical that somebody who makes quite a nasty little insidious comment then follows that up with the one liner where you take the moral high ground.

All right Pedro, i think I know quite a lot about the type of people who are ducking out on their social responsibility, and nothing about your personal circumstances (thankfully). I`ll keep it that way by ignoring you.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61151 on: August 11, 2021, 06:34:44 pm »
I bought some of the 'cheap' premium seats this morning. I'd never normally buy hospitality for any event, but I feel that demand is going to be high this year, and with previous Wembley STHs getting priority I don't see a lot being left for the general sales.

Yeah exactly my concern, debated that myself to be honest, pretty scandalous add on for some food and a halftime drink!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61152 on: August 14, 2021, 03:53:18 pm »
I didn’t know about the brother of Dan Prescott committing suicide. You have to be mentally strong to deal with that and the horrific injury he sustained. He’s had two surgeries and I wonder if it’s even possible to bounce back from that in such a physically demanding sport.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61153 on: August 17, 2021, 10:16:33 am »
Falcons are the first team to be fully vaccinated

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61154 on: August 17, 2021, 03:06:08 pm »
Jags release Tim Tebow
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61155 on: August 17, 2021, 03:25:35 pm »
Insane brawl at the Rams Chargers preseason game last weekend, go to 2.07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKVUVKEfGvo
#Sausages

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #61156 on: August 18, 2021, 03:27:38 pm »

I don’t think you need to worry about getting tickets in the General Sale next Wednesday - I was a Wembley ST holder and eventually got on to get tickets and there were still loads left all over the ground

What I hadn’t realised was we were only allowed to buy the same number of tickets total as we had STs In our case we had 3 STs so I was only allowed to buy 3 tickets for the Jets and Falcons game but none for Dolphins and Jaguars

Will have to do it all over again next week but hopefully I won’t have the issues logging in I had today

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61157 on: August 18, 2021, 04:14:38 pm »
I don’t think you need to worry about getting tickets in the General Sale next Wednesday - I was a Wembley ST holder and eventually got on to get tickets and there were still loads left all over the ground

What I hadn’t realised was we were only allowed to buy the same number of tickets total as we had STs In our case we had 3 STs so I was only allowed to buy 3 tickets for the Jets and Falcons game but none for Dolphins and Jaguars

Will have to do it all over again next week but hopefully I won’t have the issues logging in I had today

Given the annual disaster that they are with regards tickets, I won't expect it to be easy at all!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #61158 on: August 18, 2021, 07:08:23 pm »
Given the annual disaster that they are with regards tickets, I won't expect it to be easy at all!

It wasn’t easy this morning for me - for some reason they had changed my client number and not told me As usual when Ticketmaster are involved it’s very difficult to speak to someone who can help

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #61159 on: August 18, 2021, 07:19:24 pm »
Insane brawl at the Rams Chargers preseason game last weekend, go to 2.07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKVUVKEfGvo

I hope Jomboy on Youtube do a breakdown of this fight like they have done with others like this one https://youtu.be/ebWPFALXvow :D