Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748463 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #50560 on: December 31, 2018, 02:48:48 pm »
isn't it so they can have a yes man for Gruden?

Probably yes. Mayock will scout for the draft, and Gruden will make the selections.

'With their first pick the Raiders pick running back Rich Eisen'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50561 on: December 31, 2018, 02:56:58 pm »
gase gone as well

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50562 on: December 31, 2018, 03:01:29 pm »
and so have marvin lewis.

bring on the hue.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #50563 on: December 31, 2018, 03:05:25 pm »
gase gone as well

Until the reports over the weekend I wasn't expecting that.

The 3 Florida NFL teams have had abysmal QB play for years and I think that he could have prospered with a decent QB. Tannehill has alternted between being average and injured for Gase's 3 seasons. And his salary for next season would be $26m if he's retained (which he won't).

Gase will get a job at Denver I reckon.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #50564 on: December 31, 2018, 03:09:19 pm »

bring on the hue.

Oh God this will be magnificent.  3 years, 5 wins in total I think.

Who am I kidding, he'll go 1-15, 2-14, then 1-7 before being fired.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:10:58 pm by Ray K »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50565 on: December 31, 2018, 03:13:03 pm »
The Miami game cost New England the number #1 seed. FFS

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #50566 on: December 31, 2018, 03:13:41 pm »
Oh God this will be magnificent.  3 years, 5 wins in total I think.

Who am I kidding, he'll go 1-15, 2-14, then 1-7 before being fired.
I'm by no means a hardcore NFL follower these days like I was in the past but even I know that Hue is fucking awful. How does he get work?  :o

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #50567 on: December 31, 2018, 03:20:44 pm »
I'm by no means a hardcore NFL follower these days like I was in the past but even I know that Hue is fucking awful. How does he get work?  :o

Same way that Hughes, Hodgson and Aidy Boothroyd keep getting gigs. Owners are idiots and know nothing but are aware that some guys were once head coaches.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #50568 on: December 31, 2018, 03:22:11 pm »
gase gone as well

No surprise after our last 3 games. Full reset in motion now.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50569 on: December 31, 2018, 03:22:32 pm »
The Miami game cost New England the number #1 seed. FFS

Hahahaha love it.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50570 on: December 31, 2018, 03:35:27 pm »
Hahahaha love it.

You're like Everton in terms of annoyance  :no

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50571 on: December 31, 2018, 03:42:26 pm »
Nah Dolphins are never like the blue shite, far from it.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50572 on: December 31, 2018, 03:44:24 pm »
Nah Dolphins are never like the blue shite, far from it.

Yeah Everton fans aren't that bitter!  ;D
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50573 on: December 31, 2018, 03:48:16 pm »
Unlike the Dolphins, the Patriots don't have an perfect season. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50574 on: December 31, 2018, 03:50:20 pm »

bring on the hue.
stephen a right now

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #50575 on: December 31, 2018, 04:02:47 pm »
Seahawks @ Cowboys should be a good game
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50576 on: December 31, 2018, 04:42:39 pm »
Last nights Red Zone

"Cardinals just need The Seahawks to make this field goal to clinch the 1st pick in the 2019 draft"

Winning without winning right there.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50577 on: December 31, 2018, 05:52:05 pm »
The 60-year-old Lewis coached the Bengals for 16 seasons and had a 131-122-3 record with them. Although he leaves with the most wins in franchise history, his 0-7 record in the playoffs and 8-26 record against the Pittsburgh Steelers looms large over his tenure.

"I didn't deliver what the No. 1 goal is, and that's to be world champions, and we did not get that done,'' Lewis said at the news conference.
You're talking about not becoming world champions?!? That's not the point. You didn't win a SINGLE playoff game in SIXTEEN years!! :odd
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50578 on: December 31, 2018, 06:36:04 pm »
Peter King does a looooooong wrapup at the end of each week. Outstanding read. In this week's, he includes this trivia, pretty cool:
Interesting relationship between Rams tackle Andrew Whitworth and Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams, who played his last NFL game Sunday after 13 pro seasons.

They played football at arch-rival high schools, Williams at Ruston and Whitworth at West Monroe, in northern Louisiana. Out of season, Whitworth played on the West Monroe basketball team and Williams and his football mates would heckle Whitworth when their two teams met; Williams played on the Ruston baseball team, and Whitworth would heckle Williams in the field and at bat.

As a redshirt freshman at LSU, Whitworth hosted Williams on his official campus visit. Williams chose LSU. Whitworth and Williams roomed together at LSU and played on the same team for four years. Whitworth was a first-team all-SEC tackle as a senior. Williams was a first-team all-SEC defensive lineman as a senior.

They were NFL draft choices three rounds apart in 2006, Whitworth in the second round (Bengals) and Williams in the fifth round (Bills).

They played on the same pro football team twice in 13 NFL seasons: the AFC team in the 2012 and 2016 Pro Bowls.

Williams made five Pro Bowls. Whitworth has made four.

Williams has five children. Whitworth has four.

Williams lives in a home on a golf course in Ruston. Whitworth lives in a home on the same golf course in Ruston.

Their front doors are about 500 feet apart.

Much, much more on NFL firings, playoff matchups etc: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/nfl-fmia-week-17-wild-card-playoffs-black-monday-peter-king/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50579 on: December 31, 2018, 08:04:49 pm »
You're talking about not becoming world champions?!? That's not the point. You didn't win a SINGLE playoff game in SIXTEEN years!! :odd

Exactly, he should have been fired a few years ago after last time they were in the playoffs, must be David Moyes of the NFL.
#Sausages

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50580 on: December 31, 2018, 08:13:41 pm »
Exactly, he should have been fired a few years ago after last time they were in the playoffs, must be David Moyes of the NFL.
nah moyes did overachieve there, Lewis hasnt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50581 on: January 1, 2019, 04:51:11 pm »
If I'm the Steelers, I trade AB

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50582 on: January 1, 2019, 04:54:32 pm »
If I'm the Steelers, I trade AB

If i'm the Steelers i'd fire Mike Tomlin, should have made the playoffs, & some of those losses were ridiculous, then there's the Le'veon Bell situation.
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50583 on: January 1, 2019, 06:00:50 pm »
If i'm the Steelers i'd fire Mike Tomlin, should have made the playoffs, & some of those losses were ridiculous, then there's the Le'veon Bell situation.

You can do both AB's behavior is poison in the lockeroom. His behavior prior to their last match is bang out of order

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #50584 on: January 1, 2019, 08:02:23 pm »
You can do both AB's behavior is poison in the lockeroom. His behavior prior to their last match is bang out of order
This is his history though - I, MYSELF, ME. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this as they didn't back down to Bell and his demands. 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50585 on: January 1, 2019, 08:25:17 pm »
This is his history though - I, MYSELF, ME. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this as they didn't back down to Bell and his demands.

Hes now requested a trade

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #50586 on: January 1, 2019, 09:28:20 pm »
I think the "dead money" cap implications will prevent a trade

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50587 on: January 1, 2019, 11:00:30 pm »
Hes now requested a trade
has the jets nailed all over it, have $90m or so in cap space

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #50588 on: January 2, 2019, 12:29:50 pm »
Frank Reich looks like Harold Shipman with that beard.

Saw that comment first and then the game on video. I was laughing every time the camera tuned to him cause it is so true.

If Hilton* was 100% fit, I would be dead certain we were gonna beat the Texans. I just hope the inferiority complex of theirs when they face us kick in on Saturday.

*TY btw is a great receiver who I reckon goes rather unnoticed by the crowd cause he doesn't score a shitload of TDs. He racks up the yards though.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #50589 on: January 4, 2019, 08:04:35 am »
Glad we've got a break from football for a week so we can all concentrate on wild card weekend.

Really good set of games and I think there'll be some upsets. Can see the Colts beating the Texans and I think the Ravens will come through against the Chargers.

Seahawks v Cowboys is a tough one to call but think I'd go with Seattle cos they have an elite level quarterback and Dallas have Dak Prescott.

Eagles blow out the Bears obviously cos Foles. ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50590 on: January 4, 2019, 09:33:52 am »
Glad we've got a break from football for a week so we can all concentrate on wild card weekend.

Really good set of games and I think there'll be some upsets. Can see the Colts beating the Texans and I think the Ravens will come through against the Chargers.

Seahawks v Cowboys is a tough one to call but think I'd go with Seattle cos they have an elite level quarterback and Dallas have Dak Prescott.

Yep it's that time of year, do or see you in September, i love playoff games outdoors in the Northern US, like Green Bay were temperatures can get to -25C plus Snow, annoyingly Chicago is forecasted to be a bit warmer around 4C kickoff time on Sunday.
#Sausages

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #50591 on: January 4, 2019, 10:45:40 am »

Behave mate - it is FA Cup week-end.
Seahawks-Cowboys will be much closer, and Dak Prescott is still good. But Seahawks will edge this.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #50592 on: January 4, 2019, 01:44:02 pm »
Chargers, Texans, Cowboys and Eagles will win

I actually think Chargers and Texans have a more than reasonable chance of going all the way and in some aspects reminds me of the Giants in 2007/8.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50593 on: January 5, 2019, 06:01:13 pm »
The American playoff format is second to none. There is nothing like it and it makes the sport being played so much better. I’m a hockey guy so the best of seven is what really gets me going, but I’m looking forward to watch my first  NFL playoffs ever.
Haven’t got a clue, but have watched some Rams games and they looked dominant in every one.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50594 on: January 5, 2019, 06:56:19 pm »
My picks are Bears, Cowboys, Ravens and Texans.

As a Texans fan I think the Colts start as slight favourites as Luck torched our secondary in Houston just a few weeks ago. Along with the fact that we are down to Hopkins as the only experienced receiver with Fuller, Thomas and Coutee injured, it will be tough for Watson to shine in his first playoff game. But I have faith....I think the key to victory will be our front seven against Luck, we need JJ, Clowney, Mercilus and company to come up with 5 or 6 sacks to rough him up and stop drives developing against our secondary. Go Houston!
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50595 on: January 5, 2019, 07:24:00 pm »
Any recommended streams for the ballgames tonight?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #50596 on: January 5, 2019, 07:47:37 pm »
Any recommended streams for the ballgames tonight?

Reddit is usually good for some AceStream links.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #50597 on: January 5, 2019, 08:56:26 pm »
Very excited about this. Usually there's at least one game on wild card weekend that sucks, but these are 4 legitimately great matchups.

Get the feeling that if Luck gets time to throw he'll cut the Texans secondary open. But that's a big If versus Watt and Clowney.  In other words, I'm out of the prediction game this week.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50598 on: January 5, 2019, 08:58:33 pm »
buzzing for a colts playoff game. let's get the job done

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #50599 on: January 5, 2019, 08:59:22 pm »
buzzing for a colts playoff game. let's get the job done

Apologies if they lose, I have them doubled up with the Seahawks.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.