Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2771560 times)

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61600 on: October 12, 2021, 02:52:13 pm »
I think Jackson has the ability to win a super bowl, the bigger problem is the Ravens coaches, they make it too easy for good teams to play against Jackson, for instance this season is the first time Jackson has beaten Mahomes & the Chiefs in the NFL.

via a fumble

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61601 on: October 12, 2021, 03:01:12 pm »
If his ability to chuck the ball carries on as it seems to be, and the ravens can use that, they can definitely win a lombardi

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #61602 on: October 12, 2021, 04:25:16 pm »
Gruden deserves to go, Davis is getting flak for not firing him but then he'd have had to pay out 60m and Davis is probably the least liquid owner in the NFL, so he waited for Gruden's position to be untenable and accepted the resignation. It makes total sense.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61603 on: October 12, 2021, 08:47:04 pm »
The NFL will pick one German city from Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Munich, to host a regular season game.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32386188/nfl-picks-3-german-cities-bid-regular-season-game
#Sausages

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61604 on: October 12, 2021, 09:50:58 pm »
I suspect they'll get some really good games to begin with, before settling on some Detroit vs. Jacksonville annual classic   ;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61605 on: October 12, 2021, 10:38:29 pm »
I totally agree, but these leaks are clearly targeted and it's all very suspicious
Goodell Works for the Owners. He paid 40 mil a year to take the the heat for the owners. Owners write the checks. Owners run the league.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61606 on: October 12, 2021, 10:49:22 pm »
Goodell Works for the Owners. He paid 40 mil a year to take the the heat for the owners. Owners write the checks. Owners run the league.

yeah I know mate.

this is a point too.

https://twitter.com/BayAreaData/status/1447990456655269891

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61607 on: October 12, 2021, 11:14:03 pm »
NFLPA to petition the NFL to release all the emails into the investigation of the Washington Football Team
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation
#Sausages

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61608 on: October 13, 2021, 12:24:06 am »
yeah I know mate.

this is a point too.

https://twitter.com/BayAreaData/status/1447990456655269891

Not sure why that person thinks half the league are 'implicated'?

Is the idea that the guy in washington was running a bigots chain email subscription? a kind of 'forward this to ten people or get bad luck' scheme

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61609 on: October 13, 2021, 01:16:36 am »
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1448069722478727171?s=20

Attorneys for 40 former Washington Football Team employees released a statement, calling it “truly outrageous … the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders” and calling for the NFL to release full findings of the investigation.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61610 on: October 13, 2021, 07:07:45 am »
Not sure why that person thinks half the league are 'implicated'?

Is the idea that the guy in washington was running a bigots chain email subscription? a kind of 'forward this to ten people or get bad luck' scheme

he was clearly receptive to whatever gruden was sending to him, otherwise gruden wouldn't have carried on. there's also mention of numerous 'other men' in some email chain so who are they? are/were they employees of nfl teams?

I don't blame the wft employess for being angry about this so far, I'd be fucking livid if I was them.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61611 on: October 13, 2021, 07:40:42 am »
he was clearly receptive to whatever gruden was sending to him, otherwise gruden wouldn't have carried on. there's also mention of numerous 'other men' in some email chain so who are they? are/were they employees of nfl teams?

I don't blame the wft employess for being angry about this so far, I'd be fucking livid if I was them.

Agree on the latter point. It's the culture at WFT whch is supposed to be investigated and matters. I don't think there's some cache of dirt implicating half the rest of the league, more likely they found eveidence against the employees at WFT who were fostering the knd of workplace that necessitated an investigation - and they are right to feel aggrieved they aren't being prioritised

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61612 on: October 15, 2021, 01:48:05 pm »
Anyone else heading Sunday then? Masochist in me kinda looking forward to it, glad it appears Tua is back at least.....
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61613 on: October 15, 2021, 02:42:42 pm »
Anyone else heading Sunday then? Masochist in me kinda looking forward to it, glad it appears Tua is back at least.....

I'm going on Sunday, first NFL game in the flesh, i'm in the upper tier north stand[in the nose bleed seats ;D] got a feeling it might be a bit of a shit game though.
#Sausages

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61614 on: October 15, 2021, 07:41:51 pm »
Zach Ertz traded to the Cardinals
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61615 on: October 16, 2021, 10:34:24 am »
I'm going on Sunday, first NFL game in the flesh, i'm in the upper tier north stand[in the nose bleed seats ;D] got a feeling it might be a bit of a shit game though.

400s norh myself, if it's 35-7 to Miami bad I'll be very happy 🙂
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61616 on: October 16, 2021, 11:18:48 am »
Eh? I’m positive I saw him play for the Eagles Thursday night. Can they trade players throughout the season?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61617 on: October 16, 2021, 11:55:33 am »
Eh? I’m positive I saw him play for the Eagles Thursday night. Can they trade players throughout the season?
Yep theres a deadline cut off coming up in November (i dont understand if there's some intricacies to it, or just a cut off).

He can't play this Sunday (if he was able to) though, as it's one team per week.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61618 on: October 16, 2021, 07:36:29 pm »
400s norh myself, if it's 35-7 to Miami bad I'll be very happy 🙂

Im in block 514 row 25 almost up on the roof ;D, i'll have my road steelers(fitzpatrick 39, who the steelers signed from the phins as gase was wasting his career) jersey on over my hoodie :D
#Sausages

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61619 on: October 16, 2021, 07:48:19 pm »

Absolutely gutted. Love Ertz, he was virtually unplayable in the superbowl season.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61620 on: October 16, 2021, 08:38:24 pm »
I was thinking when im in the stadium tomorrow of taking a dump & speading it  on thr toilet seat, then i thought naaa, as theres already plenty of shite already on the pitch when spurs play at home ;D
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61621 on: October 16, 2021, 10:13:27 pm »
David Baker has announced his retirement as the Pro Football Hall of Fame's president and executive director.
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61622 on: October 16, 2021, 10:35:01 pm »
David Baker has announced his retirement as the Pro Football Hall of Fame's president and executive director.

the question is, dodgy emails or health issues?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61623 on: October 16, 2021, 11:39:53 pm »
the question is, dodgy emails or health issues?

Could be both ;D, had a look & he's 6ft 9 in tall, & weighs 400lbs :o no wonder he towers over everybody ;D
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61624 on: October 16, 2021, 11:56:56 pm »
he is a fucking enormous man.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61625 on: October 17, 2021, 02:45:29 pm »
Good start from Tua
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61626 on: October 17, 2021, 02:48:27 pm »
jags decide to inspire everyone watching by wearing mono black.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61627 on: October 17, 2021, 05:34:29 pm »
What a kick that is!!!

Jags are all of a sudden field goal kicking machines.
King Kenny.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61628 on: October 17, 2021, 05:36:43 pm »
jimmy anderson would have been proud of the late swing on that ball.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61629 on: October 17, 2021, 05:50:37 pm »
they've actually won a game.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #61630 on: October 17, 2021, 05:52:14 pm »
Jacksonville win with the last play of the game, a 53yd FG & end their 20 game losing streak.  Fair play to the kicker, a 54yd FG to tie it & a 53yd FG to win it.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61631 on: October 17, 2021, 05:54:31 pm »
Thought they screwed up that last drive with the false start and terrible play calling and O-Line execution.  But credit to the Jags and Lawrence for being able to convert that 4th and 8 (thought they'd be going for the Hail Mary with only 5 seconds left) and leave a second on the clock.

Wright with a hell of a kicking day.

Pleased for the players.

Urban is still a clown.
King Kenny.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61632 on: October 17, 2021, 09:27:30 pm »
Vikings remain a fucking embarrassment. Letting Sam Darnold drive 96 yards and a 2Pter should be a fireable offence.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61633 on: October 17, 2021, 09:32:41 pm »
Vikings remain a fucking embarrassment. Letting Sam Darnold drive 96 yards and a 2Pter should be a fireable offence.

they're still going to win.

as the kicker shanks it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:35:00 pm by voodoo ray »

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61634 on: October 17, 2021, 09:48:36 pm »
they're still going to win.

as the kicker shanks it.
They cannot win any game in a straightforward manner. Every win is usually ridiculous and probably shambolic in some way.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61635 on: October 17, 2021, 09:51:02 pm »
They cannot win any game in a straightforward manner. Every win is usually ridiculous and probably shambolic in some way.

a win is a win.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #61636 on: October 17, 2021, 10:33:16 pm »
Was at the Jags v Dolphins game today, was a cracking day with a good atmosphere. The game wasn’t high on quality, both QBs showcased their inexperience - some poor decision making by Tua at crucial moments - but Lawrence pulled it together in the latter stages. Good kicking.

Was great to see all the fans out and for Spurs to not be able to set an attendance record in their own stadium. On the stadium - a lifeless super-bowl. Wasn’t impressed with it at all, clinical and unimaginative. I also felt the greater space around Wembley allowed for a better distribution of fans around the ground and made movement easier. I wonder with the much greater capacity whether UK NFL will return to Wembley at some point - it’s also easier to get to.

Really enjoyed the day though and it made it for me how much my girlfriend got into it and enjoyed it all. She got super hyped with the last second winner and wants to watch the NFL show now. She got on with the rules brilliantly too. We did a jersey Bingo and got all 32, only a single Lions jersey spotted amongst the thousands we saw - other than the two sides playing I’d say The Packers were the next best represented. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61637 on: October 17, 2021, 10:34:34 pm »
Was at the Jags v Dolphins game today, was a cracking day with a good atmosphere. The game wasn’t high on quality, both QBs showcased their inexperience - some poor decision making by Tua at crucial moments - but Lawrence pulled it together in the latter stages. Good kicking.

Was great to see all the fans out and for Spurs to not be able to set an attendance record in their own stadium. On the stadium - a lifeless super-bowl. Wasn’t impressed with it at all, clinical and unimaginative. I also felt the greater space around Wembley allowed for a better distribution of fans around the ground and made movement easier. I wonder with the much greater capacity whether UK NFL will return to Wembley at some point - it’s also easier to get to.

Really enjoyed the day though and it made it for me how much my girlfriend got into it and enjoyed it all. She got super hyped with the last second winner and wants to watch the NFL show now. She got on with the rules brilliantly too. We did a jersey Bingo and got all 32, only a single Lions jersey spotted amongst the thousands we saw - other than the two sides playing I’d say The Packers were the next best represented. 

which part were you in?

I was in the 'home' end a couple of years ago with the rail seats and I liked it.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61638 on: October 17, 2021, 11:46:07 pm »
I was in block 514 in the north but yep it feels like those genric stadiums that have been built the last dozen or so year, i thought the atmosphere wasnt great either

The game itself was a typical game involving 2 teams that are struggling, id love to see that kickoff again looked like the jags player touched it, which the phins challenged, but tricky to see the video screens from were i was sitting.

Yeah, agree with sangria the area around the stadium doesnt suit a 60k stadium, nightmare to get away from after the game especially compared with wembley, not helped either by poor public transport links, i know theres an overground station almost over the road from the stadium but the train frequencies are poor, & nearest tube feels like its miles away, & buses are diverted well away from the stadium, after the game i ended up walking to northumberland park & caught the bus to mannor house tube, which was a great decision, bus & tube wearnt too packed ended up back at my hotel other side of lobdon 9pmish.

I will go again but prob be wembley, easier to get away from after the game, with better public transport links
#Sausages

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61639 on: October 18, 2021, 12:28:06 am »
This Cowboys - Patriots game is drunk and someone's just brought out a line of the ol Colombian marching powder.