Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4159086 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #67480 on: September 17, 2021, 07:52:26 pm »
His camp said after the Ruiz defeat the days of him coming over 18 stones are over.  17.5-18.5 stones is the range for him I feel.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67481 on: September 17, 2021, 07:55:13 pm »
Saw a picture of AJ the other day as I follow his physio on Twitter, he's looking pretty lean.

Do you thigh stranglers all have What'sAp group?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67482 on: September 17, 2021, 07:57:33 pm »
Not all of us no

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67483 on: September 17, 2021, 08:02:42 pm »
But you are right mate?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67484 on: September 17, 2021, 08:04:44 pm »
Not anymore

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67485 on: September 17, 2021, 08:07:28 pm »
Fuckin' hell mate, just play along.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67486 on: September 17, 2021, 11:42:03 pm »
No wonder he had to take the fight. He and his kids kids were fucked if not.  ;D

Fury Explains That Wilder Trilogy Was Necessary To Avoid $80 Million in Damages http://dlvr.it/S7ksN7

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67487 on: September 18, 2021, 08:41:58 pm »
Rocky V vibes lads.  ;D

Anthony Joshua: "I'll promise before the end of my career I'll have done everything in my power to fight Tyson Fury. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao - that was a superstar fight. Me and Fury is streets. We'll get it on in Britain. This is a UK fight."

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67488 on: September 18, 2021, 10:23:20 pm »
Rocky V vibes lads.  ;D

Each time one of them says it will definitely happen, I get less and less confident about it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67489 on: September 18, 2021, 10:28:20 pm »
It's a Street Fight mate. Did you not see Rocky V?  ;D

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67490 on: September 18, 2021, 10:28:43 pm »
Saw a picture of AJ the other day as I follow his physio on Twitter, he's looking pretty lean.

That’ll help him in the later rounds. Those ridiculous muscles he had need a lot of oxygen. Not sure why he got that big. I don’t think it will effect his punch power much, if at all, as most of the body is used in a punch (neck down), so it should help him if he can use more of his body without sapping so much energy/oxygen?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67491 on: September 18, 2021, 10:37:27 pm »
It's a Street Fight mate. Did you not see Rocky V?  ;D
I've tried to erase that one from my memory!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67492 on: September 20, 2021, 06:48:16 pm »
Manny Pacquiao said he will run for president of the Philippines next year. Safe to say he ain't going to be president of a fuckin' country and continue  to box.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67493 on: September 20, 2021, 10:16:16 pm »
Manny Pacquiao said he will run for president of the Philippines next year. Safe to say he ain't going to be president of a fuckin' country and continue  to box.  ;D
Think he said he's officially retired now.

Fully expecting him to be fighting Oscar DLH for the cruiserweight title in 2035.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #67494 on: September 21, 2021, 03:46:44 pm »
That’ll help him in the later rounds. Those ridiculous muscles he had need a lot of oxygen. Not sure why he got that big. I don’t think it will effect his punch power much, if at all, as most of the body is used in a punch (neck down), so it should help him if he can use more of his body without sapping so much energy/oxygen?

Actually think the only hope AJ had was to come in big and win it in first 4 rounds.

Usyk is coming up to his weightclass, coming in leaner hints at him trying to box Usyk which is the wrong move in my opinion.

Its a fascinating fight, a good big un always beats a good little un, but in this case its a good big un fighting a great little un'

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67495 on: September 21, 2021, 03:49:28 pm »
He's gonig to be bigger than Usyk anyway and Usyk hasn't shown he can take a legit Super Heavyweight's punch yet. Only way I see Usyk winning is if it goes the distance and AJ puts in a Takam like performance.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67496 on: September 21, 2021, 03:54:08 pm »
Rumour is AJ is coming in a stone heavier so there's not a huge amount of difference there

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67497 on: September 21, 2021, 03:54:19 pm »
Joshua will be at least a stone heavier and he's a good fighter.  Big favourtie for me.

Should be a good fight though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:26:44 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67498 on: September 21, 2021, 03:58:08 pm »
Rumour is AJ is coming in a stone heavier so there's not a huge amount of difference there

Aye, anything under 19 stones for AJ is the right weight.

Usyk is a great fighter but in the Heavyweight division as shown through the years doesn't need quality always but brute power to win and even bums have that.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67499 on: September 21, 2021, 03:58:35 pm »
I can see Joshua losing, I really can, but I do appreciate that he starts as a firm favourite.

Usyk is still a mystery at this heavyweight level, but it's sensible to get him early because I think he'll be a big player in it for the next three years.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67500 on: September 21, 2021, 04:04:58 pm »
AJ has just resigned with Matchroom until the end of his career

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67501 on: September 21, 2021, 04:16:17 pm »
And by extension DAZN, who will promote the fuck out of him now.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #67502 on: September 21, 2021, 04:29:49 pm »
I can see Joshua losing, I really can, but I do appreciate that he starts as a firm favourite.

Usyk is still a mystery at this heavyweight level, but it's sensible to get him early because I think he'll be a big player in it for the next three years.
Definitely one of the most interesting fights at heavyweight in years for me. Really depends if Usyk can deal with the power, if he can then it’s a very closely matched fight.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67503 on: September 21, 2021, 04:36:25 pm »
And by extension DAZN, who will promote the fuck out of him now.
Not sure that is true. AJ is a free agent now and I am sure he has been assured whatever the best deal is for him. I have heard Sky, DAZN and even Amazon are interested.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67504 on: September 21, 2021, 04:40:34 pm »
Eddie Hearn has got a $1 Billion contract with DAZN mate. Safe to say AJ was negotiated as part of that deal.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67505 on: September 21, 2021, 04:44:02 pm »
Definitely one of the most interesting fights at heavyweight in years for me. Really depends if Usyk can deal with the power, if he can then it’s a very closely matched fight.

Closely matched is a good way of expressing it. A lot of people seem to downplay Joshua's skills. He is an Olympic champion, he's gone the distance, he's knocked out people quickly, he's visibly learnt as fights have gone in, and he's been super defensive and used the double jab when he has needed to. He's not a great fighter, but he might come to be one, and he is, as of now, at least very, very good.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #67506 on: September 21, 2021, 04:52:38 pm »
Eddie Hearn has got a $1 Billion contract with DAZN mate. Safe to say AJ was negotiated as part of that deal.
Eddie’s got a billion dollar contract, who’s he fighting, Don King?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67507 on: September 21, 2021, 04:57:13 pm »
 ;D

Don King would win by ddogy decision as always mate.

But yeah, Eddie signed a US  and UK boxing deal for a billion with DAZN for the next 8 years at least.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67508 on: September 21, 2021, 04:59:23 pm »
AJ will brutalise him. Im shocked at how many think this a close fight.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67509 on: September 21, 2021, 04:59:59 pm »

He wasn't. Not for uk part anyway

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #67510 on: September 21, 2021, 05:08:43 pm »
He wasn't. Not for uk part anyway
all AJ fights are included in my European DAZN sub (2 quid a month)
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67511 on: September 21, 2021, 07:18:54 pm »
Talk of DAZN buying out BT Sport today which would be quite something.
AJ will brutalise him. Im shocked at how many think this a close fight.
;D

I'll be chucking a few quid on Usyk for what it's worth!

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67512 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:42 pm »
All the talk of Joshua being lean, he looks massive
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67513 on: September 21, 2021, 07:54:07 pm »
Talk of DAZN buying out BT Sport today which would be quite something. ;D

I'll be chucking a few quid on Usyk for what it's worth!

With his pedigree I can understand that. If he had shown bone crunching power at CW and in his 2 HW contests i could see it. Don't think he hits hard enough and he certainly wont have been hit as hard as he will be on Saturday

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67514 on: September 21, 2021, 09:53:30 pm »
With his pedigree I can understand that. If he had shown bone crunching power at CW and in his 2 HW contests i could see it. Don't think he hits hard enough and he certainly wont have been hit as hard as he will be on Saturday
Yeah it basically comes down to his chin I think. Joshua will get to him at some point so we'll see how that goes. Not a big puncher but then neither is Ruiz.

Usyk has never been in with a giant like Joshua before, but then I don't think Joshua has been in with anyone who can outbox him before.

If Joshua wins this, he beats Fury for me.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67515 on: September 21, 2021, 10:27:13 pm »
Kicking off legitly at  the Canelo v Plant press conference.  :D

https://twitter.com/grosenstein/status/1440414806100508672

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67516 on: September 22, 2021, 08:55:10 am »
Kicking off legitly at  the Canelo v Plant press conference.  :D

https://twitter.com/grosenstein/status/1440414806100508672
Pretty demoralising for Plant that!

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #67517 on: September 22, 2021, 10:28:01 am »
I was thinking this could be a close one but as the fight draws nearer, I'm moving towards a Joshua KO victory, possibly late on but wouldn't be shocked if he clips Usyk early. Usyk is a fantastic fighter but we already saw that he wasn't entirely comfortable against Chisora. A lot of people forget that Breidis almost beat him and it was a close decision in the end. I'm a big fan of Breidis who I think is physically stronger than Usyk, but I couldn't see him lasting the 12 against Joshua either. It isn't just Joshua's weight and power, it is also his height and reach or 'dimensions' as you like to say CB  :D

No matter how good Usyk is, and he is VERY good, fighting a 2-metre tall giant who is also athletic and a pretty good boxer himself is something different entirely.

Yeah it basically comes down to his chin I think. Joshua will get to him at some point so we'll see how that goes. Not a big puncher but then neither is Ruiz.

Usyk has never been in with a giant like Joshua before, but then I don't think Joshua has been in with anyone who can outbox him before.

If Joshua wins this, he beats Fury for me.

True, but bear in mind that Mister Jiggles weighed about 20 stone for that fight! He's not a heavy hitter but even getting whacked by him is different to Usyk who will be perhaps 16 stone or 16.5 stone on fight night?

Pretty demoralising for Plant that!
It's not great when you miss someone with a punch when they're standing in your face in street clothes! Unless Canelo gets injured I think a house plant has as much chance as winning as Caleb.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:32:53 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67518 on: September 22, 2021, 10:57:12 am »
True, but bear in mind that Mister Jiggles weighed about 20 stone for that fight! He's not a heavy hitter but even getting whacked by him is different to Usyk who will be perhaps 16 stone or 16.5 stone on fight night?
I imagine there'll be more muscle on Usyk at 16 stone than there was on Ruiz at 20 ;D

I don't think Usyk has a hope of knocking Joshua out, but for what it's worth I don't think you need to be a big puncher to do that anyway.  Any heavyweight has the capability to knock him out if he gasses like he did against Ruiz.  It sounds like AJ is coming in lighter though so less chance of that happening.

Other factor here is that I think Usyk is only the second southpaw that Joshua has faced, which is a bit mad.  Just throws another variable into the mix.  The other one was 'King' Charles Martin who is still my vote for the worst heavyweight champion of all time ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #67519 on: September 22, 2021, 11:20:25 am »
I imagine there'll be more muscle on Usyk at 16 stone than there was on Ruiz at 20 ;D

I don't think Usyk has a hope of knocking Joshua out, but for what it's worth I don't think you need to be a big puncher to do that anyway.  Any heavyweight has the capability to knock him out if he gasses like he did against Ruiz.  It sounds like AJ is coming in lighter though so less chance of that happening.

Other factor here is that I think Usyk is only the second southpaw that Joshua has faced, which is a bit mad.  Just throws another variable into the mix.  The other one was 'King' Charles Martin who is still my vote for the worst heavyweight champion of all time ;D
Martin won the equivalent of the lottery when he got that title; after his opponent got injured during the fight! Then Eddie apparently offered £6 million to fight Joshua!