Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 314640 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Serie A
« Reply #2640 on: August 10, 2021, 03:41:46 pm »
96 in 217 in England
47 in 72 in Italy.

It could be that he's simply got better playing for Inter Milan. My guess is that he's playing against far weaker teams.

Say what you will about Burnley's centre backs or Brighton's. But one thing is for sure. They are not likely to be bullied by a big, strong forward.

That Inter side were ridiculous good. They stunk the place out in Europe, but they knew were the back of the net was domestically.

Agree with the above, he is in better shape. A few players during Lukakus time at United were absolute units, fuck knows what they were feeding em'.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:43:36 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2641 on: August 10, 2021, 03:51:27 pm »

He's not scoring goals just because he's big and strong.

I don't think anyone is making that claim. I certainly aren't. But it's undeniably a big factor when he comes up against certain defences.

(One Liverpool centre back simply couldn't cope with his strength and yielded him the entire field).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2642 on: August 10, 2021, 03:57:37 pm »
I don't think anyone is making that claim. I certainly aren't. But it's undeniably a big factor when he comes up against certain defences.

(One Liverpool centre back simply couldn't cope with his strength and yielded him the entire field).

Like I said, his goal-scoring record was good in England before and it will help Chelsea massively as their problem has been scoring goals. he'll score plenty of goals against crap teams

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: August 10, 2021, 04:15:39 pm »

:o

As for Lukaku, best in England, 25 in 36 for Everton, last season at Inter 24 in 36, so very comparable.

His international record is just stupid, and at 28, 64 goals in 98 games.

At Chelsea he will be a big danger, little doubt of that.

As for the Liverpool centreback, I remember Hansen saying the forward him and Lawrenson were most wary of was Cyrille Regis, but that fortunately Cyrille was unaware just how much trouble he could cause, so the tactic was to be nice and simply contain without fouling him for the first 20-30 minutes, and after that things tended to get easier.  :)
And that approach could likely be successfully applied to a lot of situations in life, not just football.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: August 10, 2021, 05:58:29 pm »
That might be a comment on the quality of defences in Serie-A Gerry? (I'm not convinced Lukaku is any better than he was at Manchester United for example. Hoping not certainly, if Chelsea take the plunge).
Conte shored up his game a lot and apparently the Inter nutritionist gave him a special diet that made him way leaner than when he was in England which helped him massively in being a half step quicker off the ball.

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2645 on: August 15, 2021, 07:08:05 pm »

Italian matches being shown live on UK TV : www.live-footballontv.com/live-italian-football-on-tv.html

Italian matches being shown live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) : www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/italy/serie-a

A list of 60+ stream sites, and also match highlights & full game replay sites : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0

^ the 'Some useful info for following the football + TV, Streams, & Highlights etc' thread is updated once a month : 60+ stream sites for watching any football match.

For live scores, line-ups, fixtures & results, tables, in-game comms, and more... : www.flashscore.co.uk/football/italy

Goal videos (and other incidents, saves, skills etc) often appear here minutes after being scored : www.reddit.com/r/soccer/new & www.twitter.com (use the search bar)

www.legaseriea.it/en : https://twitter.com/SerieA : https://twitter.com/SerieA_EN : www.youtube.com/c/seriea/videos : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_Serie_A

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2646 on: August 21, 2021, 07:25:54 pm »
Inter start their season under Inzaghi with a thumping win against Genoa.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2647 on: August 21, 2021, 09:36:46 pm »
Dzeko scoring on his debut, reckon he'll get a good number as ever this season. Arturo Vidal too, he's won plenty, hasn't he? Think he's only missed out on one league title in his last ten years.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: August 21, 2021, 10:18:59 pm »
Dzeko and Kolarov reunited for the 3rd time

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: August 22, 2021, 07:14:36 pm »
You all need to see the Udinese equaliser vs Juve...make sure you arent drinking, otherwise you may choke.

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: August 22, 2021, 07:24:52 pm »
Ronaldo 94th minute winner.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: August 22, 2021, 07:25:00 pm »
90+4, Ronaldo wins it.

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: August 22, 2021, 07:26:25 pm »
VAR ruled it out!

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2653 on: August 22, 2021, 07:30:02 pm »
Ronaldo's ability in the air is verging on the supernatural.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2654 on: August 22, 2021, 07:31:34 pm »
Ha ha, so Juve start with a draw..

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #2655 on: August 22, 2021, 07:33:48 pm »
FYI Szczęsny roughly means lucky or lucky boy in Polish. Makes me laugh everytime he has a calamity, of which he has plenty.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: August 22, 2021, 07:38:11 pm »
Ronaldo wants to leave according to Fabrizio Romano

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: August 22, 2021, 07:46:19 pm »
Good to see Zaniolo back starting for Roma.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2658 on: August 22, 2021, 09:00:09 pm »
Good to see Zaniolo back starting for Roma.

Just got sent off  ;D

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: August 22, 2021, 09:12:52 pm »
2 very entertaining games in Serie A. Abraham playing well for Roma
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: August 22, 2021, 09:16:02 pm »

Two assists and he hit the bar. Fantastic debut by him, think he will do well under Mourinho in Serie A.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: August 22, 2021, 09:17:54 pm »
Abraham looks quality, decent debut. I’ve always liked him, surprised a Prem club didn’t sign him.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: August 22, 2021, 09:58:57 pm »

Red card for Fiorentina's goalkeeper was a mental decision. No way could that be rules a goal scoring opportunity.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: August 22, 2021, 10:01:23 pm »
If Zaniolo's knees could be trusted (2 ACL's at 22 - they can't be trusted) I'd blow the budget on him, the kid's incredible.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2664 on: August 22, 2021, 10:37:26 pm »
Red card for Fiorentina's goalkeeper was a mental decision. No way could that be rules a goal scoring opportunity.
Dreadful decision that had a massive bearing on the game early doors. Yellow card yes, straight red no. Roma played well. I’d echo how much of a shame it is that Zaniolo’s had such bad injuries, lovely player to watch.

Loads of red cards this opening weekend, Verona yesterday, Bologna, Salernitana 3 in their game, then Roma, Fiorentina and Napoli all had players sent off fairly early in their games.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2665 on: August 22, 2021, 11:58:40 pm »
Dreadful decision that had a massive bearing on the game early doors. Yellow card yes, straight red no. Roma played well. I’d echo how much of a shame it is that Zaniolo’s had such bad injuries, lovely player to watch.

Loads of red cards this opening weekend, Verona yesterday, Bologna, Salernitana 3 in their game, then Roma, Fiorentina and Napoli all had players sent off fairly early in their games.

Some of the handball calls are a bit mad. Italy sticking with the literal interpretation of the rule.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 08:22:31 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2667 on: August 27, 2021, 09:45:20 pm »
Inter win again. They struggled in the first half, but the subs changed the game for them, especially Vidal and Correa were very good after coming on.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: August 28, 2021, 09:17:43 pm »
Lazio hit Spezia for 6..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/QZ7vnykcPn0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/QZ7vnykcPn0</a>

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: August 28, 2021, 09:35:43 pm »
Juventus 0 Empoli 1.

They should sign that Ronaldo fella.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2670 on: August 28, 2021, 09:42:42 pm »
Juve lose their first home game of the season. Not looking good.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2671 on: August 29, 2021, 08:43:38 pm »
AC Milan 4-1 up at HT.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2672 on: August 29, 2021, 08:46:13 pm »
AC Milan 4-1 up at HT.

Using all their goals up before they play us.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: August 29, 2021, 09:02:46 pm »
Best league to watch anyway and having no outstanding team could make for an awesome title race, wouldn't surprise me if about 6 teams were close near the end.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: August 29, 2021, 09:04:42 pm »
Napoli are sleepers this year. They've lost 1 match in about the last 4 months of league football spread across the summer.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2675 on: September 2, 2021, 03:25:25 pm »

'In Livorno, Italy’s Most Famous Left-Wing Football Club Is Fighting to Survive':-

The failure of Livorno, a historic Italian team that now disputes the fifth division, could be seen as a bad thing for many. Since 2002, in Italy more than 150 clubs have disappeared or have been re-founded, forced by debts.

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/09/livorno-football-club-italy-communism

or https://www.elsaltodiario.com/futbol-a-este-lado/livorno-caida-y-renacimiento-de-un-mito (right click on the article to translate it into English)

« Last Edit: September 2, 2021, 03:29:28 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2676 on: September 11, 2021, 07:27:22 pm »
Big win for Napoli against Juve today, from behind to win 2-1. Bad start for Juve who may be in a top 4 challenge this season.

I think this is the best chance Napoli will ever get to finally win it again. Juve looking like they may be beyond a challenge again this season, AC Milan also need to improve greatly on last season if they want to win it, despite only finishing runners up, and Mourinho doesn't have it in him to make Roma challengers.

Atalanta will also be feeling confident they can challenge. Inter may seem the favourites but with a lot going on off the field and a change of manager I can see them slipping into another run without winning the title. Napoli have a lot of players in the prime of their careers, ala Insigne and Koulibaly who know the chance may not present itself too often again. Really would fancy them but a whole race to go yet.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2677 on: September 12, 2021, 02:08:25 pm »
Inter held to a 2-2 draw against Sampdoria. Milan are facing Lazio later in the day.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2678 on: September 12, 2021, 03:04:54 pm »
Another nice goal for Martinez. His tallies have been respectable for Inter and there's a lot to his game, can see him scoring even more with Lukaku gone and him being the main man. Think this will be his final season with Inter though before looking for a new challenge. Wonder if he's someone we'd be interested in. Problem is he'd cost a big fee.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2679 on: September 12, 2021, 09:42:33 pm »
Roma just scored a last minute winner and Mourinho went off on one of his sprints down the touch line to celebrate in front of fans.  Tool.