Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 599845 times)

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #4120 on: August 26, 2021, 05:08:00 pm »
Lunya is pricey for tapas but great quality and variety. I haven't been for a couple of years but rarely had a bad meal there. I used to love Neon Jamon when it first opened but it went downhill and is now closed for good.

I only went to Salt House Tapas once but wasn't massively impressed. This was around 7 years ago to be fair.

Neon Jamon on church road has been replaced by Berringtons now which I think is one of the best restaurants in the city.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4121 on: August 26, 2021, 06:16:18 pm »
Does anyone know how much the dine and stay packages at Moor Hall cost? I can’t find price info prior to actually booking.

We either want to stay or visit the restaurant for the full experience.

Any ideas on cost, I’m thinking maybe £100 - £150 per person purely for food and drink with no accommodation?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4122 on: August 26, 2021, 06:53:27 pm »
Dinner is £195 per person, not sure if that includes matching wines. There is a 12.5% tip on top too.

Rooms are £220 and up.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4123 on: August 26, 2021, 08:09:54 pm »
Dinner is £195 per person, not sure if that includes matching wines. There is a 12.5% tip on top too.

Rooms are £220 and up.
Cheers mate, I did manage to find it but saw that wine pairings is £115, so I’m right in saying it would be £310 per person for a meal with wine pairings? I’m sure it’s fantastic but that goes beyond even ‘rare treat’ territory for me, that’s the cost of a half a week at a 5 star hotel in Mykonos just for one dinner, however fantastic.

L’enclume in the lakes is also a two star establishment and their similar offering is £79 per person with the wine included. Is Moor Hall that good?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:12:23 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4124 on: August 26, 2021, 11:49:21 pm »
Cheers mate, I did manage to find it but saw that wine pairings is £115, so I’m right in saying it would be £310 per person for a meal with wine pairings? I’m sure it’s fantastic but that goes beyond even ‘rare treat’ territory for me, that’s the cost of a half a week at a 5 star hotel in Mykonos just for one dinner, however fantastic.

L’enclume in the lakes is also a two star establishment and their similar offering is £79 per person with the wine included. Is Moor Hall that good?

Yep you’re about right cost wise mate.

We go every couple of years to the main restaurant, usually when we have a landmark celebration.

It really is that good. We went a few weeks ago, and by the time we’d finished we’d been there over four hours, had about 15 plates of unbelievable food, loads of boss wine, a tour of the kitchen, the kitchen gardens and the cheese room.

Depends what you’re into and what you’re happy spending your money on. Some people like posh holidays or nice cars or expensive watches or jewellery or whatever, but we’ve always enjoyed going to as nice a restaurant as we could afford.

Loads of boss memories eating in places like Le Gavroche, Petrus, a three star gaff in Rome etc., but honestly Moor Hall is at least as good as the lot of them, and better than most. And it’s 15 mins from ours. It’s also very casual and relaxed compared to similar places in London.

As an alternative The Barn at Moor Hall is a lot cheaper. But, you get the same dishes on the menu as the main restaurant, cooked by the same brigade. Much cheaper, but still a great meal out. I’m back there in September and can’t wait.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4125 on: August 27, 2021, 01:46:09 pm »

Thanks for that mate, it's given me something to ponder. It's just on that cusp of how expensive it is, but I'm tempted because of how many special occasions we've missed this past 18 months.

I do always say that the experience is what you want and the cost is absolutely secondary in most cases, this is just one of those where it makes you pause. We'll see. If we do go for it I want the full on experience at the restaurant.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4126 on: August 27, 2021, 02:02:00 pm »
Not sure I'd be willing to stump up the best part of a grand for 2 of us to go for a meal & stay. I love my food and we eat out a lot but still....

Lunyalita last night - as good as it always is imo. Got 3 tapas to start with between the two of us; Ox-cheek estofado, Deep fried Monte Enebro and Morcilla scotch egg. Then the Arroz Negro paella.

All of it was really nice although did think the Monte Enebro (goat's cheese) wasn't quite as nice as last time. Think it was a slightly different cheese as it was exceptionally strong.

All that, plus some gordal olives, a beer, cocktail and bottle of wine came to £110 inc a tenner tip which I thought was really good value.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4127 on: August 27, 2021, 06:22:18 pm »
Yep you’re about right cost wise mate.

We go every couple of years to the main restaurant, usually when we have a landmark celebration.

It really is that good. We went a few weeks ago, and by the time we’d finished we’d been there over four hours, had about 15 plates of unbelievable food, loads of boss wine, a tour of the kitchen, the kitchen gardens and the cheese room.

Depends what you’re into and what you’re happy spending your money on. Some people like posh holidays or nice cars or expensive watches or jewellery or whatever, but we’ve always enjoyed going to as nice a restaurant as we could afford.

Loads of boss memories eating in places like Le Gavroche, Petrus, a three star gaff in Rome etc., but honestly Moor Hall is at least as good as the lot of them, and better than most. And it’s 15 mins from ours. It’s also very casual and relaxed compared to similar places in London.

As an alternative The Barn at Moor Hall is a lot cheaper. But, you get the same dishes on the menu as the main restaurant, cooked by the same brigade. Much cheaper, but still a great meal out. I’m back there in September and can’t wait.

Love it mate. You are RAWK's official bon viveur and no mistake!  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4128 on: August 28, 2021, 08:51:40 pm »

Love it mate. You are RAWK's official bon viveur and no mistake!  8)

I know - a little rag arse from Jamie Gardens using a solid silver cruet set worth about 20 grand whilst chatting to Michel Roux at Le Gavroche 😂

In other news, first visit to Butterfly and Grasshoper opposite the Dispensary on Renshaw St.

Boss place - dining room is tucked away in the old flat on the third floor. Lovely and quiet up there, with dead nice staff.

Menu was great, we went for a small plates option. Lamb Shawarma was fucking epic, the garlic king prawns were great too. In fact everything we ate was gorgeous. Around £50 in total for two. We had 4 of the small plates plus some bread and oil, and two large glasses of very nice wine each.

Really reasonable that, considering how good the food is and how generous the portions were.

LOVED IT.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4129 on: August 29, 2021, 01:06:52 pm »
I know - a little rag arse from Jamie Gardens using a solid silver cruet set worth about 20 grand whilst chatting to Michel Roux at Le Gavroche 😂

Well it's deffo a step up from Billy Carty's stale cheese sarnies in the Gashouse! 😂
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4130 on: August 29, 2021, 01:50:09 pm »
Well it's deffo a step up from Billy Carty's stale cheese sarnies in the Gashouse! 😂

Yeah mate but the chara to the cup final from The Gashouse was always a miles better laugh than the posh one from Le Gavroche 😂

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4131 on: August 29, 2021, 01:55:16 pm »
Not arf  8)

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4132 on: August 30, 2021, 08:05:56 pm »
Back to Three Piggies on Allerton Rd for lunch today. Very good as always.

Deep fried Mac and blue cheese balls to start and a flat iron steak with spring onions and crushed garlic potatoes. Loads of different beers and ciders available too.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4133 on: August 31, 2021, 07:47:15 pm »
The Lobster Pot(whitechapel)

After a hard days drinking in town, is there any finer chippy in town, and lets be fair here, possibly the finest chips and crispest fish, within a 5 mile radius of Byrnes.

The queuing was efficiently managed, the service was prompt and polite and the requests for specific additions of condiments were expertly adhered to and executed. Loved it all and for 18 notes for two, it was well worth it.

Nico, eat your heart out.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4134 on: August 31, 2021, 09:10:57 pm »
Anyone been to the new Bavette steakhouse in Woolton? Looks good albeit pretty pricey. http://www.bavette.co.uk/menu/

£159 for a tomahawk with gold leaf. Salt Bae Dubai vibes.  :o

Edit: https://confidentials.com/liverpool/24k-gold-steak-bavette-woolton-steakhouse Ridiculous for me. Adds no flavour whatsoever. 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:13:46 pm by Livbes »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4135 on: September 1, 2021, 07:20:50 am »
Love that the last two places mentioned on this thread are a steak house Charging over £100 for a flashy T-bone and a chippy in town.

God love you Liverpool. I miss you so much

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4136 on: September 1, 2021, 08:02:15 am »
Went to Piccolino and Fazenda weekend just gone.

Both highly recommended, slightly pricey but definitely worth it IMHO.
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #4137 on: September 1, 2021, 03:07:08 pm »
Anyone been to the new Bavette steakhouse in Woolton? Looks good albeit pretty pricey. http://www.bavette.co.uk/menu/

Edit: https://confidentials.com/liverpool/24k-gold-steak-bavette-woolton-steakhouse Ridiculous for me. Adds no flavour whatsoever.
I haven't been yet but presume Kasap and Marcello's will both be similar, nice in both of them (owned by same company).

Cowshed is next on the list to try for me.

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4138 on: September 1, 2021, 05:34:10 pm »

It will add loads of flavour mate.

It's just that the flavour in question will be very similar to licking the business end of a PP3 battery.

Proper Hollywood Scouser type shite that. Waste of time, effort, and money. All in the name of a bit of pointless bling.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4139 on: September 2, 2021, 02:46:39 pm »

I hate shite like that. Adds nothing to the food and designed to appeal to posing bastards with more money than taste.
Happy to spend on great ingredients cooked well, but if I saw something like that on a menu it I'd give the place a miss.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4140 on: September 2, 2021, 03:07:52 pm »
It will add loads of flavour mate.

It's just that the flavour in question will be very similar to licking the business end of a PP3 battery.

Proper Hollywood Scouser type shite that. Waste of time, effort, and money. All in the name of a bit of pointless bling.

Sounds like the type of place to attract those wishing to spend all their cocaine dealing acquired ill gotten gains whilst showing off the perma tanned, trout pouted girlfriend.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4141 on: September 2, 2021, 03:57:15 pm »
Sounds like the type of place to attract those wishing to spend all their cocaine dealing acquired ill gotten gains whilst showing off the perma tanned, trout pouted girlfriend.

Don't hold back !!

But an interesting topic on the calculations and the margins. My background is from the manufacturing industry  and the money/profits is not always easy but not too bad..

But running a restaurant; that must be pretty tricky.. Anyone knows how they do it - if you serve a main at 25-30 pound; do they look at raw material costs per dish - margins for wine/drinks - volume that have to be served to pay the rent and wages etc ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4142 on: September 2, 2021, 08:23:42 pm »
Don't hold back !!

But an interesting topic on the calculations and the margins. My background is from the manufacturing industry  and the money/profits is not always easy but not too bad..

But running a restaurant; that must be pretty tricky.. Anyone knows how they do it - if you serve a main at 25-30 pound; do they look at raw material costs per dish - margins for wine/drinks - volume that have to be served to pay the rent and wages etc ?

I think most places operate on a minimum margin per dish, based on whatever their fixed costs are.

So if that margin is say 60%, they work out the ingredient cost for the dish they are developing, add 60% to the total, and decide if their particular clientele would pay that price for that dish. if they think they can add more than 60% for a particular dish, then they will.

No idea how you price up a dish like that gilded steak abomination though. I honestly believe they'd just throw a number at it, as the type of self absorbed dope who'd pay for a nice piece of steak that's been ruined by the addition of that much gold leaf, is just doing so out of hubris, most likely. I hope the daft twats who do pay are getting fleeced, to be honest.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: September 4, 2021, 04:06:38 pm »
Agree with most of the responses. I’ll probably not bother BECAUSE of that pretentious, drug dealer shite. Stick to the many other good steakhouses in the south of the city.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: September 8, 2021, 07:14:40 pm »

In other news, first visit to Butterfly and Grasshoper opposite the Dispensary on Renshaw St.

Boss place - dining room is tucked away in the old flat on the third floor. Lovely and quiet up there, with dead nice staff.

Menu was great, we went for a small plates option. Lamb Shawarma was fucking epic, the garlic king prawns were great too. In fact everything we ate was gorgeous. Around £50 in total for two. We had 4 of the small plates plus some bread and oil, and two large glasses of very nice wine each.

Really reasonable that, considering how good the food is and how generous the portions were.

LOVED IT.

Just arrived at butterfly and grasshopper will report back soon 😀

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4145 on: September 8, 2021, 10:41:45 pm »
Had 4 plates and two drinks in the butterfly and grasshopper , they had run out of prawns and tuna so opted for the lamb shawarma and that didn’t touch the side it was lovely , second plate was the fish finger twisters with a dip again really nice pure white fish and a crispy batter .

The third was a buffalo chicken with blue cheese and celery and walnut salad which I found to be only okay as the skin on the chicken I’d  have expected crispy but was quite soggy so didn’t really enjoy it and the final one chosen by the wife was cauliflower couscous with mint lime and pomegranate, this was far too citrusy for me and the lime overpowered everything else .

Would have liked to have tried the king prawns and will certainly go back , the wife asked for a glass of white wine and the girl serving made a recommendation , I jokingly said your not selling me a £20 glass of wine are you and she said no laughing , the bill came and it was £10.30 which is a bit extortionate I think

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4146 on: September 8, 2021, 11:24:37 pm »
Had 4 plates and two drinks in the butterfly and grasshopper , they had run out of prawns and tuna so opted for the lamb shawarma and that didn’t touch the side it was lovely , second plate was the fish finger twisters with a dip again really nice pure white fish and a crispy batter .

The third was a buffalo chicken with blue cheese and celery and walnut salad which I found to be only okay as the skin on the chicken I’d  have expected crispy but was quite soggy so didn’t really enjoy it and the final one chosen by the wife was cauliflower couscous with mint lime and pomegranate, this was far too citrusy for me and the lime overpowered everything else .

Would have liked to have tried the king prawns and will certainly go back , the wife asked for a glass of white wine and the girl serving made a recommendation , I jokingly said your not selling me a £20 glass of wine are you and she said no laughing , the bill came and it was £10.30 which is a bit extortionate I think

Yeah the prawns are ace mate. Never had the chicken wings as blue cheese is the very food of the devil!

I know what you mean about the wine- if I ask for a recommendation (anywhere-3star gaff or fucking Nando’s) I always ask how much it is. We only paid £50 in there for 4 plates and had 2 glasses of very nice wine too. So there’s defo a cheaper and very drinkable alternative.

You must have looked like you could afford it. Don’t go to that place in Woolton, or they’ll be throwing diamond encrusted beef burgers at you 😂

We’re going back to Zorbas again on Saturday- can’t wait.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2021, 11:26:14 pm by Only Me »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: September 9, 2021, 05:16:07 pm »
I think most places operate on a minimum margin per dish, based on whatever their fixed costs are.

So if that margin is say 60%, they work out the ingredient cost for the dish they are developing, add 60% to the total, and decide if their particular clientele would pay that price for that dish. if they think they can add more than 60% for a particular dish, then they will.

No idea how you price up a dish like that gilded steak abomination though. I honestly believe they'd just throw a number at it, as the type of self absorbed dope who'd pay for a nice piece of steak that's been ruined by the addition of that much gold leaf, is just doing so out of hubris, most likely. I hope the daft twats who do pay are getting fleeced, to be honest.
I read something where the used the rule of 30%, meaning that the ingredients cost the equivalent of 30% of the menu price.
If the food is £5 then the menu price needs to be £16.66. As you say, they'll try and get a bit more margin if they can, but they'll also cross subsidise a bit so that they can include dishes with premium ingredients on the menu.
Couple of cheaper dishes at thicker margins allows them to offer a steak at a price people will buy at etc.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #4148 on: September 10, 2021, 09:59:28 pm »
Six by Nico ‘Amalfi Coast’ tonight was a delight!

First course of Parmesan polenta was basically Parmesan custard and was so comfortingly delicious.

Burrata with tomato foam and heritage tomatoes was gorgeous, probably the dish of the day for me along with the desert.

Spaghetti with mussels and a lobster foam was decent but not mind blowing

Bass fillet on some braised fennel with courgette and basil purée, roasted red pepper and a black olive tapenade was really well cooked and all the different flavours worked perfectly when combined.

Pork fillet wrapped with pancetta was tasty with an aftertaste of frazzles! Loved the crispy belly on the side with n’duja, not enough n’duja though for my liking…it’s such an incredible ingredient!

Desert was absolutely up there as my favourite or joint favourite of the night and I’m generally a savoury favouring lad. But I’m also a sucker for lemon deserts and this had it all - a mousseline, a frozen yogurt, meringues plus an almond sponge and some caramelised white chocolate.
Believer

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4149 on: September 13, 2021, 10:49:49 am »
Zorbas again on Saturday - boss.

Slightly depressing evening though - town was fucking rank. On the 2 min walk back to the car saw two classy hen do girls spewing up in the street outside St Luke's, then a dirty bastard pissing all over the pavement.

It was only about 10.30pm.

Full of fucking peasants it seemed. Reminded me why I spend my time eating out, rather than mixing with skanky fuckers like that in pubs/bars.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #4150 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:27 pm »
has anyone been to cargo (seafood restaurant) by the cruise ship terminal?  it decent?
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: September 13, 2021, 03:48:51 pm »
has anyone been to cargo (seafood restaurant) by the cruise ship terminal?  it decent?

Yes its not bad mate.

Food and service were great, but at the moment there's a building site right outside the window, so instead of a view of the river you get to see a JCB and a piling rig.

The restaurant itself is nice and clean, but weirdly there was a big hole in the middle of the ceiling.

Added to the fact that there's nothing else nearby, I wouldn't rush back there at the moment. But like I say, the food was absolutely fine -no complaints at all.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4152 on: September 13, 2021, 04:00:59 pm »
I used to go there often for drinks and a few bits outside as we walked the dog that way. Been in for a few meals without him too.

Food is excellent as is the service. Some windows look out towards the new IoM terminal being built but others don’t so not all looking into a building site (although the new cruise liner terminal and hotel are due to start being built on the otherwise soon so...!

It is a bit from other places though as said. Worth a trip if you like seafood though.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4153 on: September 13, 2021, 08:09:52 pm »
Six by Nico ‘Amalfi Coast’ tonight was a delight!

First course of Parmesan polenta was basically Parmesan custard and was so comfortingly delicious.

Burrata with tomato foam and heritage tomatoes was gorgeous, probably the dish of the day for me along with the desert.

Spaghetti with mussels and a lobster foam was decent but not mind blowing

Bass fillet on some braised fennel with courgette and basil purée, roasted red pepper and a black olive tapenade was really well cooked and all the different flavours worked perfectly when combined.

Pork fillet wrapped with pancetta was tasty with an aftertaste of frazzles! Loved the crispy belly on the side with n’duja, not enough n’duja though for my liking…it’s such an incredible ingredient!

Desert was absolutely up there as my favourite or joint favourite of the night and I’m generally a savoury favouring lad. But I’m also a sucker for lemon deserts and this had it all - a mousseline, a frozen yogurt, meringues plus an almond sponge and some caramelised white chocolate.

Is SBN actually that good? We've been wanting to try it for ages. Quite like the look of the new menu (guilty pleasures) but wondering if the price is justified? Not normally someone who enjoys fancy small portions. Do you feel like you've got your moneys worth after it?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4154 on: September 13, 2021, 08:29:22 pm »
I don't mean to sound horrible but it's six courses for £32.

Yes the courses arent like an all day breakfast but i didn't walk out needing a kebab or anything after

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4155 on: September 13, 2021, 08:31:18 pm »
Its £37 in London, you guys have the discount meal ;)

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: September 13, 2021, 08:31:45 pm »
Is SBN actually that good? We've been wanting to try it for ages. Quite like the look of the new menu (guilty pleasures) but wondering if the price is justified? Not normally someone who enjoys fancy small portions. Do you feel like you've got your moneys worth after it?

I think it absolutely does give you your money’s worth. The dishes are really well thought out and although small you end up feeling satisfied rather than bloated which is a bonus.

Plus, it’s £32 a head. You could almost spend that in a Harvester for a 3 course meal you’ve had hundreds of times before.
Believer

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4157 on: September 13, 2021, 08:38:02 pm »
I think it absolutely does give you your money’s worth. The dishes are really well thought out and although small you end up feeling satisfied rather than bloated which is a bonus.

Plus, it’s £32 a head. You could almost spend that in a Harvester for a 3 course meal you’ve had hundreds of times before.

I was under the impression it was more than that to be honest. Will give it a try then I think!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4158 on: September 13, 2021, 11:10:13 pm »
I was under the impression it was more than that to be honest. Will give it a try then I think!

Good decision  :D
Believer

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4159 on: September 14, 2021, 08:52:07 am »
Yeah I’ll echo the above - been maybe 5 times now and never once come out feeling short changed (and I’ve a big appetite). 100% worth the money.