Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211599 times)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1200 on: May 16, 2019, 08:45:43 pm »
Just seen those vueling flights, never heard of them want to avoid the cancelled flight fiasco from last year, anyone using them ?, also anyone know how much hassle from airport to stadium travel wise

Spanish airline. One of the best budget airlines apparently. Flying with them from Cardiff to Malaga.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: May 16, 2019, 08:48:01 pm »
In case anyone needs, here's the seating/pricing map. Aiming to sort around 233.

YNWA.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: May 16, 2019, 08:49:48 pm »
Flew Vueling Gatwick-Barca for the semi and they were excellent

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: May 16, 2019, 08:51:08 pm »
Was thinking this earlier actually. If you've not been relatively savvy / taken longer routes, this quickly could become more expensive than Kiev for many.

This has cost me £600 less than Kiev like because I booked early, but yeah it has gotten ridiculous

Also the amount of people going to this will make it a nightmare in places

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1204 on: May 16, 2019, 08:57:30 pm »
Kiev cos me £1500 all in. I reckon this will be about £900 (providing I don’t have to get a cat 1/2 ticket)

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: May 16, 2019, 09:16:34 pm »
Been browsing Facebook/Twitter the past few days out of pure nosey-ness on touts. It looks like the "professional" touts seem to be buying up any spares to flip for further obscene amounts of money. Explains the business cards I saw stuck around Anfield of someone saying they'll buy any spares.

I'd have hoped they'd be screwed and unable to sell them... but... we know there's plenty of whoppers that will pay £2,000+...  :o
YNWA.

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1206 on: May 16, 2019, 09:17:12 pm »
This highlights for me (again) that the whole ticketing system at the club is broke.

Stories of lads who've been to nearly every euro away/league away not getting a ticket.

They've essentially benefited from the system throughout the season (getting tickets off other people probably from the circles they are in) and now the actual ticket holder is either going themselves or even touting it on.

Can't see an easy answer without ripping it up and starting again. Or asking for proof that you were actually there.
the only way to do it is to say ticket can only be used by the holder and theres a biometric check.  If you benefit with getting euro away tickets on someone else's card.then you should expect that a final ticket is not guaranteed and is unlikely.

The away closed shop is a big issue.  Maybe they should hold 5% of tickets for always in a ballot style.  Will allow people a chance to use their cards

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1207 on: May 16, 2019, 09:18:40 pm »
Just seen those vueling flights, never heard of them want to avoid the cancelled flight fiasco from last year, anyone using them ?, also anyone know how much hassle from airport to stadium travel wise
code share with British airways and iberia

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #1208 on: May 16, 2019, 09:53:43 pm »
I got messaged straight after the semi off a fella who I'd given a (face value) ticket to in one of the group games after mate pulled out at 1730 on match day (strangely, someone else turned up for it, so suspected he was a tout) that was confirmed when he offered me £1200 for a final ticket if I wanted to sell.....not a fan of making money like that; even off those with money than sense, but I'm 16445 on the waiting list anyway so not likely......have fun out there, stay safe and bring it back!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:55:30 pm by banksybanks »

Online Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #1209 on: May 16, 2019, 09:55:32 pm »
If interested in 2 seats Luton to Malaga on Friday and back on Monday let me know. £259 each including name change decent flight times. Message me
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: May 16, 2019, 10:02:42 pm »
Booked my daughter on the 13:30 Vuelung flight.  She has an exam at Lancaster Uni that morning finishing at 11.15 then getting driven to the airport.  Anyone know what the script is for booking in and how long before the flight the desk closes?  Its going to be a tight schedule.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: May 16, 2019, 10:09:25 pm »
Booked my daughter on the 13:30 Vuelung flight.  She has an exam at Lancaster Uni that morning finishing at 11.15 then getting driven to the airport.  Anyone know what the script is for booking in and how long before the flight the desk closes?  Its going to be a tight schedule.

Looking back on old boarding passes boarding is 40 mins before flight at Gatwick and Rome, and half hour before at Barcelona. So I’d say prob 40 minutes
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1212 on: May 16, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
take hand luggage only and check in online prior.

Print off the boarding card and you just go straight through but I would aim a min of 45 mins before take off.  Obviously more but hand luggage and board card prior to getting to the airport  will help leave it closer.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: May 16, 2019, 10:10:59 pm »
Looking back on old boarding passes boarding is 40 mins before flight at Gatwick and Rome, and half hour before at Barcelona. So I’d say prob 40 minutes

Cheers
We are Loyal Supporters

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: May 16, 2019, 10:11:55 pm »

My Vueling flight for Barca away boarded about 40 minutes before departure - got about 15 minutes or so to play with after that before it gets a bit risky I'd say.

Good luck to her!
YNWA.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: May 16, 2019, 10:14:30 pm »
Cheers

Just looked up their general terms here https://www.vueling.com/en/customer-services/conditions-of-carriage

10.3Boarding
Boarding begins 40 minutes before departure. The boarding gate closes 20 minutes before departure time. The Carrier reserves the right to cancel the seat allocation and the booking of those Passengers who fail to board at least 20 minutes before scheduled departure. Passengers who arrive late at the check-in desk shall not be allowed to board, shall not be entitled to compensation for denied boarding and shall be liable for any damages to the Carrier in the event that their luggage must be located and taken off the plane due its having been checked in by a Passenger who failed to arrive at the boarding gate before the specified deadline.

Yes, hope works ok and hope she doesn’t get distracted for the exam  ;D
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline redalan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1216 on: May 16, 2019, 10:17:01 pm »
21498 on the waiting list!  I had a bed booked in a dorm in a hostel for the night of the game.  Going to cancel it shortly on Booking.com so it may show up as available again if anyone is looking accommodation. 

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #1217 on: May 16, 2019, 10:42:35 pm »
Numpty question

What's the best way to make sure you are logged in before you start buying tickets tomorrow

If you go to tickets / my account and then login, I can't see how you get back to the ticket selling page ??
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:37 pm »
Numpty question

What's the best way to make sure you are logged in before you start buying tickets tomorrow

If you go to tickets / my account and then login, I can't see how you get back to the ticket selling page ??

Usually login afterwards to be honest

When they are in the basket

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #1219 on: May 16, 2019, 10:49:41 pm »
So who’s doing a day trip NOT with Thomas cook?

Have a ticket (not my name) but can’t travel until Saturday morning and need to be back Sunday
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1220 on: May 16, 2019, 10:50:19 pm »
Numpty question

They won't open the site until the official start time, then everyone will be put in a queue randomly. It was like that on Wed. My queue said under 45mins but it moved quite quickly and took 33 in reality so loads left. Once in the queue do NOT refresh it or you'll go to the back. Before the site open refreshing on't do any harm.

Hence log in once you have the ticket on your basket as dudleyred said

It will be stressful but worth it :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: May 16, 2019, 10:50:59 pm »
Numpty question

You will be in the queue when you try to log on.   I expect the site will close about 7.15.  Try to log in before and you will be kicked out.  Its all in the lap of the gods who gets in first (supposedly).
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #1222 on: May 16, 2019, 10:51:47 pm »

Have a ticket (not my name) but can’t travel until Saturday morning and need to be back Sunday

I am going with Sports Options from Manchester. Have to be on the Mull of Kintyre by Sunday afternoon but that's another story ...

They still have slots on their Liverpool flights
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #1223 on: May 16, 2019, 10:55:28 pm »
They won't open the site until the official start time, then everyone will be put in a queue randomly. It was like that on Wed. My queue said under 45mins but it moved quite quickly and took 33 in reality so loads left. Once in the queue do NOT refresh it or you'll go to the back. Before the site open refreshing on't do any harm.

Hence log in once you have the ticket on your basket as dudleyred said

It will be stressful but worth it :D

Thanks. Went to first match over 40 years ago. Had a season ticket for 35 years. For various reasons this will be the first time I have been able to get to a European Cup Final. Not sure I will sleep tonight.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1224 on: May 16, 2019, 10:55:50 pm »

I’ve booked vueling from lpool on the 1st and return is early Sunday morning, still flights left up till an hour ago.

Says I can’t do electronic boarding passes and have to get boarding pass at the airport, anybody else got that when booking with vueling ?
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1225 on: May 16, 2019, 10:57:48 pm »
Thanks. Went to first match over 40 years ago. Had a season ticket for 35 years. For various reasons this will be the first time I have been able to get to a European Cup Final. Not sure I will sleep tonight.

Same here, been goin since late 70’s, seaso for 20 years, first euro final, feel like a kid on Xmas day 😄😄
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:18 pm »
I’ve booked vueling from lpool on the 1st and return is early Sunday morning, still flights left up till an hour ago.

Says I can’t do electronic boarding passes and have to get boarding pass at the airport, anybody else got that when booking with vueling ?

I wonder if they are providing sport options flights hence that about boarding passes?

SO did say they were using a Spanish airline

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #1227 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:08 pm »
Those of you going, I want you in full fucking voice from beginning to end, dont give Spurs supporters a sniff. Have fun  :wave

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1228 on: May 16, 2019, 11:04:39 pm »
I wonder if they are providing sport options flights hence that about boarding passes?

SO did say they were using a Spanish airline

Seems to be vueling flights, no mention of different carrier possibility, the message says the ‘airports’ within the transaction require you to get boarding cards at the airport, bit weird, I’m gonna call vueling customer services tomorrow

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: May 16, 2019, 11:06:33 pm »
Seems to be vueling flights, no mention of different carrier possibility, the message says the ‘airports’ within the transaction require you to get boarding cards at the airport, bit weird, I’m gonna call vueling customer services tomorrow

Yes give them a call

Just think it’s odd veuling suddenly had a load of flights effectively on day trips

I reckon it’ll be veuling proving SO flights myself

Either way you’ll get there. Enjoy

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1230 on: May 16, 2019, 11:12:13 pm »
Yes give them a call

Just think it’s odd veuling suddenly had a load of flights effectively on day trips

Cheers 🙂👍, yeah I’ll call em tomorrow or I’ll worry lol, can’t even shoot down the shops without worrying  about it 😂😂😂

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #1231 on: May 16, 2019, 11:13:34 pm »

How much u pay ?

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1232 on: May 16, 2019, 11:14:10 pm »
Vueling message is “The airports in the booking do not allow online check-in. On the day of departure you must go to the check-in desk in sufficient time to get the boarding passes.”

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1233 on: May 16, 2019, 11:15:10 pm »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: May 16, 2019, 11:27:17 pm »
Yes give them a call

last year I think it was Lufthansa who had loads of cheap directs (around £320), also the morning of the ballot too

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #1235 on: May 16, 2019, 11:32:41 pm »
Any alternatives to sport options?

Who are sports world.co.uk?

Anyone booked with them?

Offline squeeze84

• Main Stander
« Reply #1236 on: May 16, 2019, 11:34:25 pm »
Having the mother of all dilemmas here. My best mate and I have been going the match on my fancards for years. Travels all sorted but I only got one in the ballot today - totally unexpected as I’ve never had any luck before.The whole things is like a really messed up custody case and we’re obviously both desperate to get in. I was thinking a bare knuckle boxing match might sort it out but he’s bigger than me>:(

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #1237 on: May 16, 2019, 11:35:40 pm »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: May 16, 2019, 11:40:34 pm »
Having the mother of all dilemmas here. My best mate and I have been going the match on my fancards for years. Travels all sorted but I only got one in the ballot today - totally unexpected as I’ve never had any luck before.The whole things is like a really messed up custody case and we’re obviously both desperate to get in. I was thinking a bare knuckle boxing match might sort it out but he’s bigger than me>:(

Tricky that but your cards, presumably you paid the membership on them?

Offline squeeze84

• Main Stander
« Reply #1239 on: May 16, 2019, 11:43:26 pm »
Yeah, that’s true - it’s still a shit situation. We might just have to flip a coin.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:46:04 pm by squeeze84 »