Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3427139 times)

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I like it, it takes me back to my childhood when they were an irrelevance. The media pumped them up every year, we ignored them and got on with winning trophies.

I agree Rob, our youth spent not even bothered about them apart from the odd good Cup run and getting legged on Warwick road! And I’ll happily concede those cup runs again for more of the same!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Ridiculous price, I'm not even sure he'll improve them that much defensively. He will chip in with a fair few set piece goals though.

Mostly, it's about weakening their rivals for 7th place ;)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Hilarious how low they've sunk now, £80m for a lad that'd be our 4th/5th best centre back. He probably improves them to be fair but that says more about their current options than anything.

They are really, really shit and despite looking like another summer of spending £150m plus little is going to change.

6th, reckon Fabinho's got that 5th place locked down.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Manchester United have agreed an £80m fee with Leicester City for Harry Maguire. £60m up-front with £20m add-ons. Medical scheduled for tomorrow. (Source: @garbosj and @DuncanCastles)

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Manchester United have agreed an £80m fee with Leicester City for Harry Maguire. £60m up-front with £20m add-ons. Medical scheduled for tomorrow. (Source: @garbosj and @DuncanCastles)
Helps solidify 6th weakening a rival.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Good signing for them, but not at 80m

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
80 fecking million :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Jaz

• Main Stander
Helps solidify 6th weakening a rival.

Leicester can do a lot more with £80m than Man U can do with Maguire. Or the £80m itself. They know how to make signings.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
6th, reckon Fabinho's got that 5th place locked down.

Did somebody say 6th?

Offline esw2003

• Main Stander

£80 Million.

:o

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
80 million is obviously madness but then United are loaded so I suppose it doesn’t matter. Good signing for them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:47:02 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So if they’re happy to spunk £80 million on him this summer why didn’t they let Mourinho spend it on a centre back last year?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
£80m on that mutant   :lmao
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
£80 million  :o :o :o

I actually think Maguire is a good player, gets a lot of stick cos of his head size it seems half the time  ;D  He's composed on the ball, can pass, can bring it out of defence, something none of their other defenders can do with any certainty.

But that price is nuts. Wonder who they pair him with? Him and Lindelof would be reaaaaaaaaaaalllllly slow!

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
80 million is obviously madness but then United are loaded so I suppose it doesn’t matter. Good signing for them.

Eventually they won't be loaded if this keeps up. And I'm not even sure what universe this is a good signing for them. Ole wants his team to press and play a high line (he's a huge Klopp fan), Maguire is nowhere near fast enough to play in that type of system.

Perhaps the plan is to foul every player who tries to get past them. At least Maguire is great at set pieces.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Eventually they won't be loaded if this keeps up. And I'm not even sure what universe this is a good signing for them. Ole wants his team to press and play a high line (he's a huge Klopp fan), Maguire is nowhere near fast enough to play in that type of system.

Perhaps the plan is to foul every player who tries to get past them. At least Maguire is great at set pieces.

Well he did get away with a red card against us at Anfield last season.

Their strategy seems to be to target whichever English player is being hyped up these days - kind of similar to when they signed Phil Jones, who was meant to be the second coming of Duncan Edward or something.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
£80 million  :o :o :o

I actually think Maguire is a good player, gets a lot of stick cos of his head size it seems half the time  ;D  He's composed on the ball, can pass, can bring it out of defence, something none of their other defenders can do with any certainty.

But that price is nuts. Wonder who they pair him with? Him and Lindelof would be reaaaaaaaaaaalllllly slow!

Yeah it's going to be Lindelof.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Well done agent Rodgers!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Yeah it's going to be Lindelof.

Interesting!

I thought maybe Smalling would be the likely one.

Anwyay, it does actually improve them of course, that back line of theirs was something else, Jones and Rojo being two of the very worst central defenders of the top 6 teams. But they still have Solskjaer as manager.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Even madder is Leicester look to be spending £45m of the Maguire money on Lewis Dunk. The market is crazy.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Even madder is Leicester look to be spending £45m of the Maguire money on Lewis Dunk. The market is crazy.

It is but any selling club is going to add £20/30 million odd on any CB they sell to Leicester considering what they’re getting for hovis head
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And people thought £20-25m would be a good price for Lovren.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Interesting!

I thought maybe Smalling would be the likely one.

Anwyay, it does actually improve them of course, that back line of theirs was something else, Jones and Rojo being two of the very worst central defenders of the top 6 teams. But they still have Solskjaer as manager.

Smeagol has given Lindelof the nod ahead of the others, and hes played better than them anyway. Lack of pace as you said.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Serious lack of pace in their center of defense continues to be problem but they'll be a lot better at set pieces at both ends and you'd imagine their general defending will be improved with AWB and Maguire compared to the comedy pair Young and Jones.

They need a LOT more though.. maybe 5th.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
Out of all the awful signings they have made over the years, Maguire for 80m would be the worst one yet.

You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
that's Maguire on his way to his medical

https://twitter.com/FootbalIStuff/status/1150415889243811841
Obviously they don't want any player with balls. That may ruin their team spirit.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That screams Rodgers and that weird and unsuccessful transfer guy/friend of his

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
Commentator: "who do these players think they are? (On wanting to jump ship and leave them) They play for untied for God's sake!
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Commentator: "who do these players think they are? (On wanting to jump ship and leave them) They play for untied for God's sake!

Damn right.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Guaranteed a couple of own goals against them next season then ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I agree Rob, our youth spent not even bothered about them apart from the odd good Cup run and getting legged on Warwick road! And I’ll happily concede those cup runs again for more of the same!

State of the Wembley pitch

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MN5dHN6QXKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MN5dHN6QXKU</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Leicester Mercury say Leicester haven't received a formal offer for Maguire yet but Maguire wants the move. Hopefully Woodward realises he should just stump up 100m to make sure it gets done quickly and morale remains high.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Maguire is a good player and a better human being. I actually feel sorry that one of his paths go through United. Come on City!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
Well at least it spells the end of Jones or Rojo
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
80m is the price apparently  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao For Harry fuckin Maguire
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
Well at least it spells the end of Jones or Rojo
Your ace
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:55:52 pm by Titi Camara »
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IgGefqrxTQQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IgGefqrxTQQ</a>
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Legacy Fan
Well maybe it's not happening

Per the Torygraph

Leicester City are confident that Harry Maguire will be committed to the club next season should Manchester United, or any other interested party fail to reach the King Power valuation on the England international of more than £75 million

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/14/harry-maguire-showing-no-signs-forcing-move-manchester-united/