Author Topic: FA Cup draw  (Read 57262 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 4th round FA Cup Bristol City or Shrewsbury away
« Reply #160 on: January 7, 2020, 11:08:20 am »
Personally speaking it's a great draw as its two grounds I've never been too.  Happy that a new stadium is getting added to the list.

Shrewsbury is obviously the easier journey and easier game (on paper) but hope its Bristol as the allocation will be much bigger and I've never been to Bristol in me life!

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #161 on: January 7, 2020, 11:36:21 am »
Personally speaking it's a great draw as its two grounds I've never been too.  Happy that a new stadium is getting added to the list.

Shrewsbury is obviously the easier journey and easier game (on paper) but hope its Bristol as the allocation will be much bigger and I've never been to Bristol in me life!

Great city, friendly people. Great pubs. Go to Bristol.
Sometimes reminds me of Liverpool, they have similar histories after all.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #162 on: January 7, 2020, 11:47:47 am »

Bristol is boss mate and my favourite city . Its so easy to get to aswell. M6 and M5 can be done in less than 4 hours and by train you get off at Stafford and get the Glasgow to Penzance or Plymouth choo choo to Temple Meads.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2020, 11:51:33 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #163 on: January 7, 2020, 11:49:39 am »
Yep Bristol's a fabulous city, not the cheapest for ale though.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #164 on: January 7, 2020, 12:03:30 pm »
Nice draw, this.

As others have said, Bristol has a reputation as a good city that we share some kindship with - would be a good away trip.  I've always regarded Bristol City quite positively too (no particular reason as such) - as the bigger of the clubs in one of the country's larger cities, it'd be good to see them in the top flight.  I recall a question doing the rounds a couple of years ago (probably when Brighton and Huddersfield were promoted) about who would be the 50th Premier League side (football, of course, only beginning in 1992...) - Bristol City look a fair bet (Brentford, Luton, and Millwall are the others in the Championship who've yet to compete in the Premier League).

Having grown up in Mid Wales, Shrewsbury's a place I've spent a lot of time (it's pretty much the only place you can go from Mid Wales when you reach the independence of your teens!) - a lot of friends of mine used to go to their matches as alternatives to going to see their top flight favourites, and I'll occasionally have a glance at their results/standing.  I have vague memories of being in the car near Shrewsbury on the day when we played them in 1996 - just a few days before my 8th birthday (I'd still not been to a match at that point, so there was a certain mystique about being 'close to' the Reds!).

Do the TV-related fixture changes only take place after the replays have passed?  Looks like it's all still just Saturday 3pm scheduling so far.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 7, 2020, 03:42:04 pm »
It's a shame that an interesting draw is going to be marred by horrible fixtures (playing league away games the Thursday before our Sunday match and the Wednesday after) and on a pitch that will have had rugby on it the day before if Bristol go through. Hopefully people will have more faith in the side Klopp picks this time but they need to know in advance, to save any last minute whinging, it's going to be a similar side to Everton maybe with the addition of Shaqiri.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #166 on: January 7, 2020, 03:45:29 pm »
It's a shame that an interesting draw is going to be marred by horrible fixtures (playing league away games the Thursday before our Sunday match and the Wednesday after) and on a pitch that will have had rugby on it the day before if Bristol go through. Hopefully people will have more faith in the side Klopp picks this time but they need to know in advance, to save any last minute whinging, it's going to be a similar side to Everton maybe with the addition of Shaqiri.

Matip may be fit?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #167 on: January 7, 2020, 03:50:48 pm »
Bristol City fan with a fondness for Liverpool (came to Anfield for the Watford game last season) here.

IF we beat Shrewsbury (taking nothing for granted, we are playing like absolute dogshite at the moment) then there will be no problem with the pitch. We have many rugby games the night before a football match and it’s always in perfect condition, one of the best in the championship for sure.

Cheers Drives!

Welcome mate, hope we get to play you. Big fan of Bristol (was he city) here as well.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 7, 2020, 04:53:38 pm »
Matip may be fit?
Oh yeah. And Lovren, ideally. Those three would help a lot. Assume Milner's a no go, so hopefully Chirivella doesn't rush off until after. If Shaqiri's back, could experiment with Minamino playing in a midfield three or four.

Good to hear about the pitch too, cheers Cidered

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #169 on: January 7, 2020, 05:08:38 pm »
Yeh Bristol is great. Have spent loads of time there. If you ever end up driving there, though, be careful, as the road users are insane
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: January 7, 2020, 05:18:35 pm »
Nice draw, this.

As others have said, Bristol has a reputation as a good city that we share some kindship with - would be a good away trip.  I've always regarded Bristol City quite positively too (no particular reason as such) - as the bigger of the clubs in one of the country's larger cities, it'd be good to see them in the top flight.  I recall a question doing the rounds a couple of years ago (probably when Brighton and Huddersfield were promoted) about who would be the 50th Premier League side (football, of course, only beginning in 1992...) - Bristol City look a fair bet (Brentford, Luton, and Millwall are the others in the Championship who've yet to compete in the Premier League).

Having grown up in Mid Wales, Shrewsbury's a place I've spent a lot of time (it's pretty much the only place you can go from Mid Wales when you reach the independence of your teens!) - a lot of friends of mine used to go to their matches as alternatives to going to see their top flight favourites, and I'll occasionally have a glance at their results/standing.  I have vague memories of being in the car near Shrewsbury on the day when we played them in 1996 - just a few days before my 8th birthday (I'd still not been to a match at that point, so there was a certain mystique about being 'close to' the Reds!).

Do the TV-related fixture changes only take place after the replays have passed?  Looks like it's all still just Saturday 3pm scheduling so far.
How about Preston?
walk on...walk on...

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #171 on: January 7, 2020, 07:55:26 pm »

[emoji16] Fond memories of 27 years of playing Shropshire League cricket for the only Welsh team in all 8 divisions (unless you count Oswestry). The strongest Salop burr was around Craven Arms and Bromfield[emoji2960]

I grew up in Oswestry. I left in 1986 and it was still just about on the English side of the border then. I think that's still the case today. You're right about the Shropshire burr being stronger towards the south of the county though. Oswestry is a weird mix of Welsh, full on Salop yokel and odd random words from Liverpool, other parts of the NW and the midlands.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Offline Benjiman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: January 7, 2020, 07:57:01 pm »
I've lived in Bristol for almost 40 years. It's been a long wait to see Liverpool down here again. I was lucky enough to get in the away end in 94 at Ashton Gate. Thankfully I wasnt at Anfield for the replay. Unfortunately given their current form getting past Shrewsbury will be no easy task.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #173 on: January 7, 2020, 07:58:14 pm »
Great city, friendly people. Great pubs. Go to Bristol.
Sometimes reminds me of Liverpool, they have similar histories after all.
Yeah, Bristol's a great city. My son's at uni there and loves it. It is a reminiscent of Liverpool too, particularly the waterside areas in the centre.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #174 on: January 7, 2020, 08:00:00 pm »
Yep Bristol's a fabulous city, not the cheapest for ale though.
That's true too. Almost London prices in some pubs in the centre.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #175 on: January 7, 2020, 08:32:32 pm »
Yeah, Bristol's a great city. My son's at uni there and loves it. It is a reminiscent of Liverpool too, particularly the waterside areas in the centre.

I was a student there but in my day the waterfront was still pretty run down. They’ve done a great job of renovating it.

Gone quite Partridge there for an FA Cup draw thread. :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 9, 2020, 02:09:47 pm »
4th round tie will be on the BBC as well.

Offline eel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2020, 09:30:54 pm »
I'm down there that weekend as missus is from there. Its a great place with some good people . Might be able to go if they can get through .. here's hoping.  few songs need a airing :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:22:18 pm by eel »

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2020, 09:39:30 pm »
Shrews nick it 1-0 in injury time.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2020, 09:39:35 pm »
Shrewsbury it is!

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2020, 09:41:09 pm »
Perfect . Gives a squad team a great chance between Wolves and WHU
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2020, 09:41:50 pm »
Nice one!

All set up for Liverpool kids to do their bit!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2020, 09:43:15 pm »
Should be a good game. They might try for a replay (assuming replays happen in the 4th round, I'm well lost on the rules now)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2020, 09:44:29 pm »
Should be a good game. They might try for a replay (assuming replays happen in the 4th round, I'm well lost on the rules now)

Sure they’d be delighted with a draw

We’ll do everything to avoid it as it’s bang in the middle of the winter break!

Strong bench I suspect just in case a draw likely

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2020, 09:45:18 pm »

Jurgen doesn't want a replay as it would fall bang in the middle of our winter break!!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2020, 09:47:55 pm »
Playing the mighty Strawberry huh.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2020, 09:49:01 pm »
Matip, Lovren and Shaqiri back to add to the team from last round, should be comfortable  :D

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: January 14, 2020, 09:49:25 pm »
Nice one!

All set up for Liverpool kids to do their bit!

To be fair Adrian, Lovren, Matip, Lallana, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi will play so not much room for our kids.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2020, 09:54:44 pm »
To be fair Adrian, Lovren, Matip, Lallana, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi will play so not much room for our kids.

there'd still be room for 4 of them if that lot plays  ;)

Good chance Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot and Neco Williams will start at least. And those 3 are the biggest talents form the youngsters right now. The 3 most ready and likely to feature in the first team moving on.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2020, 09:55:00 pm »
And Fabinho.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2020, 09:55:58 pm »
Fabinho may need some match time if he's available  Perfect game to ease him back in.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2020, 09:58:08 pm »
Shizer
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2020, 09:59:08 pm »
It'll definitely have that old school FA Cup feel to it.

Looking forward to it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2020, 09:59:37 pm »
there'd still be room for 4 of them if that lot plays  ;)

Good chance Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot and Neco Williams will start at least. And those 3 are the biggest talents form the youngsters right now. The 3 most ready and likely to feature in the first team moving on.

Hoever is an option also.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2020, 09:59:44 pm »

I think there are still replays in the 4th round, but they stop after that. You know, at the end of February when the fixture list calms down a bit and there aren’t so many games scheduled in such a short space of time.   ::)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2020, 10:14:22 pm »
What a fucking strike that was... wow
Off to the new meadow it is then....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2020, 10:14:31 pm »

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2020, 10:20:14 pm »
Mbappe's debut  :P

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2020, 10:23:22 pm »
Shrewsbury pitch looks like it's suffered a bit with the weather:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/51025666?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5e1e370337609d066b4ef0ca%26What%20a%20way%20to%20win%20it!%262020-01-14T21%3A50%3A00.276Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:95b7d004-41ce-4b32-8358-ae79b99720b4&pinned_post_asset_id=5e1e370337609d066b4ef0ca&pinned_post_type=share

Should be a good test for our younger players.  I doubt many have played on much but bowling green surfaces since they were very young.

That pitch is probably still utopia compared to the former Gay Meadow ground which flooded regularly, with it being right next to the river severn
#Sausages