Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 790354 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: Robertson
« Reply #1760 on: August 13, 2018, 03:54:50 pm »
I think he is so well liked because it is a hark back to the golden era for us. A player who wouldn`t have looked out of place in our side 30 or 40 years ago - and that is a massive compliment. An echo from history which is no bad thing.

A top player who I suspect will be with us for a long time.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
« Reply #1761 on: August 13, 2018, 04:29:39 pm »
Same here, all great lads and likable characters!

It looks an absolute joy to be part of that team. As you said, all seem great lads and they always seem to have a smile on their faces

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1762 on: August 13, 2018, 05:00:53 pm »
You know, one day I hope he is.

No not for me,I want to see Trent made captain in the next few seasons.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1763 on: August 13, 2018, 05:31:37 pm »
Any one of about 9 of that starting line-up Saturday I think could be my favourite. It's been a long time since there isn't just one obvious choice

It begs the question- which two isn't one of your favourite and why?

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1764 on: August 13, 2018, 05:32:25 pm »
No not for me,I want to see Trent made captain in the next few seasons.

Virg is ahead of him in the queue

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: August 13, 2018, 05:36:47 pm »
Virg is ahead of him in the queue

I agree but TAA should be handed it as soon as Klopp feels that he is ready.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
« Reply #1766 on: August 13, 2018, 06:23:47 pm »
It begs the question- which two isn't one of your favourite and why?

Haha! Gomez hasn’t done enough for the favourite category yet, although I do like him a lot and would like him to get a decent chance at centre half. Gini is also a bit hot and cold for me, although he was great Saturday. I do really rate him though and feel a bit mean typing this

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1767 on: August 13, 2018, 06:32:16 pm »
My favourite Liverpool player.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1768 on: August 13, 2018, 06:41:13 pm »
I wonder how many assists this guy can produce this season? With his runs and our attack I'm hoping he could reach the 8-10 range.

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
« Reply #1769 on: August 13, 2018, 09:26:03 pm »
I wonder how many assists this guy can produce this season? With his runs and our attack I'm hoping he could reach the 8-10 range.

He got 5 assists in 22 matches last season, so that should be the range he's aiming for.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: August 14, 2018, 09:42:51 am »
Haha! Gomez hasn’t done enough for the favourite category yet, although I do like him a lot and would like him to get a decent chance at centre half. Gini is also a bit hot and cold for me, although he was great Saturday. I do really rate him though and feel a bit mean typing this

Seems to me that you like any one  and all that wears a red shirt on the day. Nothing wrong - all good  save that the word " favourite" is not the correct word in the present context. Agree with Gomez (still young). On Gini - ranks in my top 3 if I ever had to get a shirt with a printed name.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
« Reply #1771 on: August 14, 2018, 10:35:31 am »
Seems to me that you like any one  and all that wears a red shirt on the day. Nothing wrong - all good  save that the word " favourite" is not the correct word in the present context. Agree with Gomez (still young). On Gini - ranks in my top 3 if I ever had to get a shirt with a printed name.

I was thinking of it in terms of who I would consider getting on the back of a shirt if I was going to do that...and I would genuinely consider any of those 9. So yeah true, favourite isn't quite the correct term.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1772 on: August 14, 2018, 01:51:32 pm »
Would Robertson be considered more a talent if he was Brazilian or French?
I don't see many opposition fans giving him applause when he is just a solid LB.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:05 pm »
Set to sign a new 5 year deal with an increase in wages. from the mirror

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1774 on: August 18, 2018, 11:13:11 pm »
Set to sign a new 5 year deal with an increase in wages. from the mirror

Doesn’t surprise me at all, and well deserved.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1775 on: August 18, 2018, 11:21:08 pm »
Doubling wages to 60k a week
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1776 on: August 19, 2018, 12:29:29 am »

And still a bargain at that price.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1777 on: August 19, 2018, 12:37:28 am »
He's old school and it's nice to have a Jock accent at Liverpool.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1778 on: August 19, 2018, 01:41:56 am »
And still a bargain at that price.
Aye. Considering some of the wages players are being paid these days that's almost insanely low for a player of his quality actually. Great news. Well in, Robbo.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: August 19, 2018, 02:55:26 am »

And if he keeps going the way he is they'll double again in a couple of years.

I love the lad,he's so down to earth,gets on with all the lads & seems to have his head screwed on.

We can say that about them all atm,we're blessed with a manager who has been given the tools that could see him become one of our best ever.Wrong thread like but Klopp was made for our club.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: August 19, 2018, 03:09:20 am »
Well done Robbo. Fully deserves the new deal. He’s a good player. Good defensively, makes good decisions, decent turn of pace, and nice crossing/passing, which will see him rack up a steady total of assists. Keep it going!

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #1781 on: August 19, 2018, 03:44:15 am »
He is exactly the player I thought Flannagan or Jack Robinson would turn into years ago. Hopefully he has a fantastic 10 years at the club!

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1782 on: August 19, 2018, 06:01:19 am »
Worth the wages just to tick the must have a Scotsman in the team to win the league superstition.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1783 on: August 19, 2018, 08:00:50 am »
I know it's only after one proper game, but him and Keita seem to be working well together and building up an understanding.

I thought he and Coutinho linked up well together, but the Keita/Robertson partnership looks very exciting. The first goal against West Ham being a case in point.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1784 on: August 19, 2018, 08:53:49 am »

I'll admit it, I wanted him to do well, and was probably biased towards him, because he was Scottish.
Fortunately,  he's shown enough quality and potential that I needn't worry.
We all know the secret to our titles success in yesteryears was having a Scotsman playing a significant role. ;D

Worth the wages just to tick the must have a Scotsman in the team to win the league superstition.
Beat me to it!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
« Reply #1785 on: August 19, 2018, 10:40:56 am »
I know squad numbers don’t mean much anymore but would have liked the 3 shirt to have been given to him this season as well as the new contract. Nice statement like with mane

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1786 on: August 19, 2018, 10:44:51 am »

Have we ever won a trophy from 1960 to 1990 without a jock in the side?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: August 19, 2018, 10:58:29 am »
https://www.lfchistory.net/Stats/Article/2884 lists Scottish internationals (so presumably not all of our historical Scottish players) -

Liddell 46-60
Younger 56-59
St John 61-71
Dalglish 77-90
Hansen 77-90
Souness 78-84
Nicol 82-94
Wark 84-87
Hutchison 92-94
McAllister 00-02

So we didn't have a Scottish international in the team between 1972 and 1976 although we did have Shankly for two of those years. Looking at the Wikipedia pages for those seasons, the team shows Scottish players not listed above -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972%E2%80%9373_Liverpool_F.C._season - Won the League and UEFA Cup with three Scottish players.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973%E2%80%9374_Liverpool_F.C._season - Won the FA Cup with two Scottish players.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974%E2%80%9375_Liverpool_F.C._season - Didn't win anything in a very unusual season.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975%E2%80%9376_Liverpool_F.C._season - Won the League and UEFA Cup with two Scottish players.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976%E2%80%9377_Liverpool_F.C._season - Won the League and European Cup with one Scottish player.

No pressure, Andrew! ;D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1788 on: August 19, 2018, 12:09:12 pm »
He is exactly the player I thought Flannagan or Jack Robinson would turn into years ago. Hopefully he has a fantastic 10 years at the club!

Na, he’s not English. He’ll end up at Barcelona.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1789 on: August 19, 2018, 01:13:29 pm »
Effin' bargain at half the price.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: August 19, 2018, 01:16:44 pm »
https://www.lfchistory.net/Stats/Article/2884 lists Scottish internationals (so presumably not all of our historical Scottish players) -

Liddell 46-60
Younger 56-59
St John 61-71
Dalglish 77-90
Hansen 77-90
Souness 78-84
Nicol 82-94
Wark 84-87
Hutchison 92-94
McAllister 00-02

Gary Gillespie  83–91?  :)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: August 19, 2018, 01:18:23 pm »
Gary Gillespie  83–91?  :)

Yeah, it seems to have missed out a few.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: August 19, 2018, 01:18:25 pm »
Good news and well deserved if true. Though he should be sacking his agent if he's only getting 60k a week!

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: August 19, 2018, 01:53:29 pm »
Seems odd that only a Mirror journalist that I'd never heard of until last night is the only person with the story. I'm inclined to not believe it, as deserving as Robertson is.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: August 19, 2018, 02:09:12 pm »
Seems odd that only a Mirror journalist that I'd never heard of until last night is the only person with the story. I'm inclined to not believe it, as deserving as Robertson is.

He is due a rise so I'd believe it.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: August 19, 2018, 07:09:36 pm »
Echo suggesting no fresh talks on the table but his contract is heavily incentivised, probably similar to Bobby's before the extension.

I'd expect fresh five year terms next summer if he carries on like this, fantastic player.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1797 on: August 19, 2018, 07:46:26 pm »
James Pearce has shot the extension talks down:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/truth-andy-robertsons-liverpool-contract-15048063?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

:(
Why are you sad that we're not going to be paying more money to a player on a lengthy contract?

If he continues playing the way he is (which I think we all believe he will) then he'll be rewarded by the club in due course.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1798 on: August 19, 2018, 08:19:46 pm »
How does that story come out and be so wrong?  Odd...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1799 on: August 19, 2018, 08:36:50 pm »
Why are you sad that we're not going to be paying more money to a player on a lengthy contract?

If he continues playing the way he is (which I think we all believe he will) then he'll be rewarded by the club in due course.

I didn't think it was untoward that he would be rewarded now given his performance last year and the story last night made me happy for him, as it did others here it seems. The emoji was just an expression of a let down that the story last night was so far off base.