Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 503239 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #3440 on: November 24, 2018, 04:56:34 pm »
Referees are clearly pulling him up for everything now....oh wait a minute he didn’t give away a single foul.....

Thought he was great today, 8 aerial duels won is pretty impressive.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3441 on: November 24, 2018, 05:00:14 pm »
He was good today. Very solid.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3442 on: November 24, 2018, 05:02:00 pm »
Referees are clearly pulling him up for everything now....oh wait a minute he didn’t give away a single foul.....

Thought he was great today, 8 aerial duels won is pretty impressive.
He was majestic in the air today.

Well done

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3443 on: November 24, 2018, 05:07:26 pm »
Played very well today our two centre backs completely dominated a very physical side.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3444 on: November 24, 2018, 05:07:57 pm »
Al 555

As you were claiming what Refs would do with Lovren. John Moss apparently didn't get the memo.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3445 on: November 24, 2018, 05:09:57 pm »
Was quiet after being penalised for winning that heade.... oh no  :duh

Excellent again, as he has been for quite some time
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3446 on: November 24, 2018, 05:13:11 pm »
Al 555

As you were claiming what Refs would do with Lovren. John Moss apparently didn't get the memo.

Please show the post in which I said what Refs would do with Lovren ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3447 on: November 24, 2018, 05:13:49 pm »
So Lovren's International break activities helped us win this game to this extent. His brilliant performance(s) along with a beautifully functioning defense (as opposed to being part of poor defense, GK combinations under Brendan and early Klopp) today doesn't matter. Alexander-Arnold's lovely free-kick doesn't matter. Firmino's reverse pass to Mane doesn't matter. Mane's determination didn't matter. Gazillion duels won by our CBs didn't matter. Mazy run by Robertson didn't matter. Alisson's save didn't matter.

But Lovren's social media activity helped us win today.

Why not? If somebody can spin loads of shite about its negative influence as if there are no better factors to winning/losing a game on a pitch, then so can I/anybody spin it the other way.

There's some wonderful standards to moderation at RAWK in terms of what's allowed and what's not and I really love this forum, but my wish for this to remain such a wonderful place or get even better for high quality discussions would also be to filter out some nonsense and conspiracy theories such as this one on Lovren and calling Bobby a supporter of fascism by 1 social media like. I'd think this forum would be better off without all that shite. Just my personal opinion.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3448 on: November 24, 2018, 05:15:49 pm »
Lovren was excellent today. I understand some may have concerns about him stunting the growth of Gomez, as well as the potential partnership that could grow between Joe and Virgil, but from a results-based point of view, I have no qualms at all about Lovren playing. Ever since he had that nightmare at Wembley, he's only ever been "solid" at the very worst. I'd imagine he'll still be 3rd choice CB now in the long run, but what a CB to have coming off the bench.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3449 on: November 24, 2018, 05:17:19 pm »
Lovren was excellent today. I understand some may have concerns about him stunting the growth of Gomez, as well as the potential partnership that could grow between Joe and Virgil, but from a results-based point of view, I have no qualms at all about Lovren playing. Ever since he had that nightmare at Wembley, he's only ever been "solid" at the very worst. I'd imagine he'll still be 3rd choice CB now in the long run, but what a CB to have coming off the bench.

I think he is perfect for games like today's. Games in which teams are going to look to bully us and go long.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3450 on: November 24, 2018, 05:17:41 pm »
So Lovren's International break activities helped us win this game to this extent. His brilliant performance(s) along with a beautifully functioning defense (as opposed to being part of poor defense, GK combinations under Brendan and early Klopp) today doesn't matter. Alexander-Arnold's lovely free-kick doesn't matter. Firmino's reverse pass to Mane doesn't matter. Mane's determination didn't matter. Gazillion duels won by our CBs didn't matter. Mazy run by Robertson didn't matter. Alisson's save didn't matter.

But Lovren's social media activity helped us win today.

Why not? If somebody can spin loads of shite about its negative influence as if there are no better factors to winning/losing a game on a pitch, then so can I/anybody spin it the other way.

There's some wonderful standards to moderation at RAWK in terms of what's allowed and what's not and I really love this forum, but my wish for this to remain such a wonderful place or get even better for high quality discussions would also be to filter out some nonsense and conspiracy theories such as this one on Lovren and calling Bobby a supporter of fascism by 1 social media like. I'd think this forum would be better off without all that shite. Just my personal opinion.

;D ;D ;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3451 on: November 24, 2018, 05:18:21 pm »
I think he is perfect for games like today's. Games in which teams are going to look to bully us and go long.
And Man City who like to play intricate, delicate football on the floor.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:19:54 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3452 on: November 24, 2018, 05:18:53 pm »
Good game from him today

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3453 on: November 24, 2018, 05:20:13 pm »
He was excellent as he has been for a year or so now. Moss didn't seem to give a fuck that he made a post on instagram the other week, who'da guessed it?!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3454 on: November 24, 2018, 05:21:09 pm »
He was excellent as he has been for a year or so now. Moss didn't seem to give a fuck that he made a post on instagram the other week, who'da guessed it?!

In fairness, Moss probably did plan to see it but then kept getting sidetracked by pop up ads for donuts
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3455 on: November 24, 2018, 05:24:45 pm »
I think improvement in his maturity is definitely on show this season. As a spectator I have all the trust in his defending watching him these days, no underlying unease anymore. His football is at it's peak right now , as long as he doesn't allow complacency to creep in he should be perfectly fine for us going forward.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3456 on: November 24, 2018, 05:41:24 pm »
He's an excellent centre back. Still pisses me off how everyone talks about how he always has a mistake in him. I might have missed them but after the Spurs game last season how many did he make?

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3457 on: November 24, 2018, 05:46:01 pm »
Excellent turn and cross too today.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3458 on: November 24, 2018, 06:32:54 pm »
Please show the post in which I said what Refs would do with Lovren ?

Are you suggesting for instance that you could win a Champions League or International game with a clear dive and then that would have absolutely no influence on domestic games ?

What you seem to be missing is that Lovren posting the image means he is showing a propensity to retaliate and look for revenge. So next time he has a snarl with an opposing player. Then the officials will be looking out for him retaliating in the aftermath of the incident.

With the most streetwise of teams they look to feign innocence and take it in turns to dish out any retaliatory acts. They don't post images of themselves whacking a player they are having a running feud with.

You brought this point up multiple times in this thread about Refs going to be on the lookout for Dejan because of a social media post.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3459 on: November 24, 2018, 07:36:36 pm »

You brought this point up multiple times in this thread about Refs going to be on the lookout for Dejan because of a social media post.

And your point is ?

Are you suggesting Moss should of sent him off from the kick off ?

My line of thought is crystal clear. It is human nature for Refs to allow a players reputation to colour their judgement. It shouldn't happen, referees should judge every incident on it's merits but they aren't robots. I stated over and over again that I thought it was a bit daft of Lovren to post an image of him giving Ramos a whack. There was very little upside but it could possible garner him a reputation as a player who goes looking for revenge.

I didn't say that it would have repercussions in Lovren's next game, that was your daft proposition.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3460 on: November 24, 2018, 07:55:07 pm »

You need to go to Blueshite logic mode, it'll be easier to understand then.

You said Refs. But that post only refers to 'officials'. Officials mean more than the refs  8)

They're completely different.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3461 on: November 24, 2018, 08:03:42 pm »
You need to go to Blueshite logic mode, it'll be easier to understand then.

You said Refs. But that post only refers to 'officials'. Officials mean more than the refs  8)

They're completely different.

I am not saying your post is hard to understand but how many times did you put it through your enigma machine.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3462 on: November 24, 2018, 08:25:01 pm »
Can we resume this conversation during the next international break lads ?  Please :D

My eyes are bleeding.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3463 on: November 24, 2018, 08:28:53 pm »
Lovren was solid and proactive today. He partnered VVD as well as I'd expect of him.

Great stuff Dejan.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3464 on: November 24, 2018, 09:02:30 pm »
And your point is ?

Are you suggesting Moss should of sent him off from the kick off ?

My line of thought is crystal clear. It is human nature for Refs to allow a players reputation to colour their judgement. It shouldn't happen, referees should judge every incident on it's merits but they aren't robots. I stated over and over again that I thought it was a bit daft of Lovren to post an image of him giving Ramos a whack. There was very little upside but it could possible garner him a reputation as a player who goes looking for revenge.

I didn't say that it would have repercussions in Lovren's next game, that was your daft proposition.

Yeah, I know you're just waiting for Dejan to get a card or sent off so that you can come back and bring up his social media post.

Shame some people are hoping for the worst so they can go on about it later.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3465 on: November 24, 2018, 09:09:05 pm »

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335930.0

;)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3466 on: November 24, 2018, 09:13:26 pm »
Only one of our defensive players to not put a single foot wrong all game. Peerless
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3467 on: November 24, 2018, 09:16:04 pm »
Yeah, I know you're just waiting for Dejan to get a card or sent off so that you can come back and bring up his social media post.

Can't you just let it go mate.

I came into this thread and complimented Lovren on an excellent performance. Since then it has just been what I can only describe as childish remarks. I don't get it, we all support the same team. Why not just accept the fact that some people rate some players more highly than others do.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #3468 on: November 24, 2018, 10:20:18 pm »
Dejan coming back in was a boost for me. I had no doubts or fears before kick off, quite the opposite. He really has shown he's the best centre back in the world today. Long may it continue.

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #3469 on: November 24, 2018, 10:41:00 pm »
I'm so glad Dejan is a Red. I was slightly anxious if he could keep improving after signing his long contract a while ago, but he's really getting better and better, (and he was very good to start with!).

One of the best in the world? He can certainly get there.  8)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3470 on: November 24, 2018, 10:43:01 pm »
Can't you just let it go mate.

I came into this thread and complimented Lovren on an excellent performance. Since then it has just been what I can only describe as childish remarks. I don't get it, we all support the same team. Why not just accept the fact that some people rate some players more highly than others do.

Was that your whole point?  ???

Shame that, but shouldn’t have hidden behind the social media thing.

Degsy was excellent today

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3471 on: November 24, 2018, 10:50:14 pm »
Was that your whole point?  ???

Shame that, but shouldn’t have hidden behind the social media thing.

Degsy was excellent today

;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3472 on: November 24, 2018, 11:05:56 pm »
Quality today, made some crucial challenges at vital moments

Good to see him full of confidence. Long may it continue

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3473 on: November 24, 2018, 11:12:19 pm »
Quality today, made some crucial challenges at vital moments

Good to see him full of confidence. Long may it continue

Agreed he is an excellent front foot defender. In games in which we can push up and play a high line and compress play then a pairing of VVD and Lovren is very good.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3474 on: November 24, 2018, 11:20:06 pm »
Think he's brilliant in general, he has his flaws but everyone does to be honest.

His confidence is showing, he's gone from stepping out looking like he's hoping he'll win the ball to stepping out knowing its his to win

Gomez form is one of the best things that could have happened to him as well as he will want to be in the side so when he gets that chance he knows he needs to be at his best

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3475 on: November 24, 2018, 11:25:26 pm »
Excellent.

I blame Al and his band of moths.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3476 on: November 24, 2018, 11:30:49 pm »
Think he's brilliant in general, he has his flaws but everyone does to be honest.

His confidence is showing, he's gone from stepping out looking like he's hoping he'll win the ball to stepping out knowing its his to win

Gomez form is one of the best things that could have happened to him as well as he will want to be in the side so when he gets that chance he knows he needs to be at his best

It is all about competition for places. Milner and Gini started the season brilliantly for me because they didn't want to get displaced by the new midfield signings. Lovren got a chance today and was excellent. That is exactly what we need.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3477 on: November 24, 2018, 11:35:49 pm »
It is all about competition for places. Milner and Gini started the season brilliantly for me because they didn't want to get displaced by the new midfield signings. Lovren got a chance today and was excellent. That is exactly what we need.

It has a huge impact, you'll now have Henderson playing out of his skin to get back into the side after serving his suspension and Fabinho playing to keep his place should he be the one who gets the 6 role with Henderson out

Love the strength in depth in the squad, still gutted we never got Fekir as i think that takes us up another level but we have a good squad

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3479 on: November 24, 2018, 11:45:31 pm »
It has a huge impact, you'll now have Henderson playing out of his skin to get back into the side after serving his suspension and Fabinho playing to keep his place should he be the one who gets the 6 role with Henderson out

Love the strength in depth in the squad, still gutted we never got Fekir as i think that takes us up another level but we have a good squad

Yeh I wanted Fekir as well. The thing is I wonder if he would of had the same impact Shaq has had.
"Ohhh-kayyy"