Author Topic: Henderson Fee Agreed, on .tv. Subject to Personal Terms and Medical  (Read 160368 times)

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Believer
  • ☆☆☆☆☆
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1680 on: June 6, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »
From their forum, a relatively decent post from one of them, credit where credit is due..

Bit odd seeing some on the LFC forum laughing at us for them seemingly getting Henderson and some on here going on as if Henderson isnt a cracking young player

The way I see it, this deal will be done to the satisfaction of all parties. Henderson is currently a right sided midfielder but I am convinced he will end up playing more of the "quarterback" role that we have seen him play for England U-21's. He already has very good technique, which is something that can't be taught, and he has a very good range of passing. As well as this, he can cross well, albeit his set pieces are often poor. He lacks a bit of pace but he can still get past a man. There is no way that he can be considered poor, especially bearing in mind his age. He's not poor, he's not yet a world beater

As for how good the deal will be well, for us there are the positives that the deal has been done early (assuming its been done), we are getting a high price for a talented youngster who might not progress, even though I think he will, we will no doubt have clauses relating to England appearances etc as well. On the negative side, we will need yet another player and are losing a committed, local lad and selling the likes of Henderson doesnt send out a great signal. Still, for the here and now, we can do a lot with £18m, especially when added to the Bent money, and so whilst I'd rather he stayed, we will get a reasonable price for him if he goes and there will be a plan to invest it

For Liverpool there is the positive of getting a cracking young player who they can develop to either play on the right or in the middle and, in time if not straight away, I would be confident he will add quality to their side, he's also a cracking lad who wants to learn and has his head well and truly screwed on, which can only be a good thing. On the negative side its a large amount of money to spend on potential and there is still the possibility that he might not mature into the player most of us think he can, but then it all depends on how much this harms their transfer budget this season, if they have the money then they might as well go for it because even if he doesnt make the grade, they'll get at least 8-10m back for him if they sell him on.

For Hendo he is losing the almost guaranteed place in a side that he has with us and I do worry that for him it might be a year too soon to move. Having said that, the wage that will come with an £18m move will set him up for life, he'll be going to a massive club that will no doubt be back in the CL before long and it will do his England chances a world of good.

I dont really see any winners or losers in this, its a fair deal all round and what really matters is, if we let him go, what plans do we have to replace him. We need a lot of players in and clubs will know this, and know we have money, and I worry that we might be held to ransom. I'd have much preferred it if we had his "replacement" signed, sealed and delivered already
Shame someone can't express a different point of view without the howling mob needing to persecute the guy, forums are meant to have differents points of view, not some party line ! Deal with it.

Offline jaybeezay

• Anny Roader
  • Keeping it real while playing it safe
« Reply #1681 on: June 6, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »
Sun'lund are ok.

Can't stand telly 'ead, but the fans are ok.

I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Always Proud to be Welsh!
  • Believer
  • Would rather be on my Allotment.
« Reply #1682 on: June 6, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »
Mate, we're not supposed to discuss the Iniesta deal here, you know that. PM's only.

best not mention Xavi then as well!
I read the newspapers avidly. It is my one form of continuous fiction.
The Great Aneurin Bevan

Shame some regurgitate these fiction writers in here without thinking.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #1683 on: June 6, 2011, 09:21:58 PM »
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

The pound coins :lmao
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Baronvonberghausen

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1684 on: June 6, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »
Thats a very reasoned post from the sunderland lad so it is.

I'm celebrating diversity

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Believer
  • ☆☆☆☆☆
« Reply #1685 on: June 6, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Shame someone can't express a different point of view without the howling mob needing to persecute the guy, forums are meant to have differents points of view, not some party line ! Deal with it.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1686 on: June 6, 2011, 09:25:26 PM »
From their forum, a relatively decent post from one of them, credit where credit is due..

Cracking well balanced post.

Do you think we could swap him for xerxes if we threw in a bag of scampi fries and a pickled egg to sweeten the deal?
With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports
  • Believer
« Reply #1687 on: June 6, 2011, 09:25:48 PM »
Mate, we're not supposed to discuss the Iniesta deal here, you know that. PM's only.

Ah apologies, I completely forgot. Still can't contain my excitement.

Offline Filler.

• resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Believer
« Reply #1688 on: June 6, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
Liverpool close to prising £20m Jordan Henderson from Sunderland

Tony Barrett, George Caulkin 1 minute ago

With the acquisition of Henderson now seemingly imminent, Liverpool have no need to be in the market for another central midfield player, particularly with Charlie Adam, the Blackpool captain, being another of their key summer targets.

I hope Tony is wrong about that. I really think a left foot, and a decent one at that, is something we need in the middle.

Absolutely jaw dropping amount of money for Henderson.

Offline Austin Powers

• Fuk Mi? Fuk Yu!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1689 on: June 6, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
Is there any truth to talk about Cattermole coming with him?
I know he's not the most popular player but I don't mind him, throwback to a different era with his tackling.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Believer
« Reply #1690 on: June 6, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
I know he's not the most popular player but I don't mind him, throwback to a different era with his tackling.

Yeah, but we would need a throwback in refs and rules to go with that.
October 4th 2013 - Welcome back Kenny.

@dgljones

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1691 on: June 6, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »
Is there any truth to talk about Cattermole coming with him?

Cattermole isn't good enough, he's a liability; Lucas, and imo Spearing, can his job a lot better without attracting a Steve Bruce's head full of cards.

Offline mercurial

• Believer
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #1692 on: June 6, 2011, 09:28:36 PM »

Do you think we could swap him for xerxes if we threw in a bag of scampi fries and a pickled egg to sweeten the deal?

No, extremely difficult for him to agree on personal terms.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Old Skool & Rave Music Guru.
« Reply #1693 on: June 6, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »

Decent post that.

Offline Razorblade

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1694 on: June 6, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?s=e9317f20ea8b0bb359a62b8d1ad31b1c&t=598290&page=13

Fucking c*nts calling us murderers

Hope he's more than value for money in the end if we do get him. Haven't seen much of him myself

Offline Austin Powers

• Fuk Mi? Fuk Yu!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1695 on: June 6, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »
Cattermole isn't good enough, he's a liability; Lucas, and imo Spearing, can his job a lot better without attracting a Steve Bruce's head full of cards.
Wouldn't disagree with that.
Just wondering if people thought there was any truth to it?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1696 on: June 6, 2011, 09:31:19 PM »

Shouldn't feel exhilirating to spend up to 20 million on a 20 year old Mackem but I can't help it, it does.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline revelationx

• Kopite
« Reply #1697 on: June 6, 2011, 09:31:26 PM »
It seems a lot of money to me for a player who has not particularly shone in the Prem so far. Having owners who can splash the cash could be a good thing when strengthening the squad this summer, but I am concerned that we are blowing such a large amount of money on Henderson, when we really need a left winger and left back (or bring back Insua) as a bigger priority. I know that the summer window is just beginning and our summer transfer budget is unknown to the fans, but I am concerned we overpay on Henderson and then miss out on more crucial players because we have blown most of our budget.  I feel this summer's player trading will be crucial for Kenny's chances of making a potential title push in his first full season (since his return) and think we cannot afford to mess up this summer's transfers like we did last year.

Offline MKelly34

• Believer
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #1698 on: June 6, 2011, 09:31:57 PM »
In a fair and non british transfer window, we would get Henderson + Carroll for 26m, both.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Believer
« Reply #1699 on: June 6, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
It seems a lot of money to me for a player who has not particularly shone in the Prem so far. Having owners who can splash the cash could be a good thing when strengthening the squad this summer, but I am concerned that we are blowing such a large amount of money on Henderson, when we really need a left winger and left back (or bring back Insua) as a bigger priority. I know that the summer window is just beginning and our summer transfer budget is unknown to the fans, but I am concerned we overpay on Henderson and then miss out on more crucial players because we have blown most of our budget.  I feel this summer's player trading will be crucial for Kenny's chances of making a potential title push in his first full season (since his return) and think we cannot afford to mess up this summer's transfers like we did last year.

wait till you see the bigger picture we are after loads of players it seems!
The Great Aneurin Bevan

Offline Azzandro

• Anny Roader
  • Walk through the storm hold your head up high
« Reply #1700 on: June 6, 2011, 09:33:57 PM »
1) The likes of Steve Clarke, Kenny and Gerrard will be cracking in improving young players (not just Henderson but all the youth we seem to be linked with currently)
2) If you havent watch 'Jordan Henderson under 21 vs Romania' i know its 1 game but he showed great vision, technique and passing ability (which unlike pace, flair etc never goes away)
3) We are over paying, but we over paid for Carroll and everyone then was cheering (i know different circumstance but point still remains)
4) Why the anti-English abuse? Anyone considered the prospect terrifying going from, say, sunny spain to a cloudy northern english city at being around the age of 20? If anyone has been to uni you will understand this point, settling into a new environment from where you are used to at a young age is difficult let alone a different culture/country etc. Don't get me wrong i want young foreign talent but it may be easier settling-in wise to get young british talent

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Believer
« Reply #1701 on: June 6, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »

Probably need a scallop as well and a dill,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
The Great Aneurin Bevan

• Main Stander
« Reply #1702 on: June 6, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »

Do you reall think Kenny would spunk all his cash on one player? Do you not think he realises what positions need addressing?

Personally, I reckon Henderson, Jones & Wickham will all be sewn up before wednesday. LB & LW will be dealt with after July 1st. i'll be happy with that. There is no point whatsoever of comparing this summer to last.

its a totally different ball game.

Offline kasperoff

• Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1703 on: June 6, 2011, 09:36:43 PM »

Made me fair chuckle that. Might even have to nail it to my sig. Nice one.

Offline Filler.

• resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Believer
« Reply #1704 on: June 6, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »
In a fair and non british transfer window, we would get Henderson + Carroll for 26m, both.

Or maybe even 10. The Carroll thing tho will always be misleading as it was a three way dialogue.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Believer
« Reply #1705 on: June 6, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »
I thought the point of Comolli was that he would 'sniff' out the little gems around europe for bargain prices aswell? All he seems to have done is find obvious players that are young and British and try and throw silly money at them. If we pull a £5m gem out of nowhere then fair play I'll eat humble pie, but so far it's just 'names' that are known to every man and his dog with daft money being thrown at them.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2011, 09:39:25 PM by OneTouchFooty »

Offline sneakyg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1706 on: June 6, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »
i honestly dont feel that he is good enough, i wouldnt pay £3m for him, we are shooting ourself in the foot big time, if he flops for us we will stand to make a huge financial loss at the very least

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #1707 on: June 6, 2011, 09:38:42 PM »
People are still small time about the money, which isn't theirs, and is reflective of potential, plus: not your fucking money!

Why would it make you feel any better if this was say £8.75 million or something, it doesn't make any sense?

Be happy we are investing in the team, bigtime and fingers crossed for the lad + more signings to make us stronger.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline fredfrop

• IWOOT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • After Truth comes Justice
« Reply #1708 on: June 6, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »
Most of them come across ok on that forum. One or two bells but every forum has got them.
They probably saying the same about RAWk tbf

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1709 on: June 6, 2011, 09:39:27 PM »
Maybe young British talent is the way forward with a small blend of foreign flair. It seems to have worked for United for years. I am slowly starting to warm to this new master plan and there is no doubting we have a clear stratagey. That has to be a positive in my books.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1710 on: June 6, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
I thought the point of Comolli was that he would 'sniff' out the little gems around europe for bargain prices? All he seems to have done is find names that are young and British players and try and throw silly money at them. If we pull a £5m gem out of nowhere then fair play I'll eat humble pie, but so far it's just 'names' that are known to every man and his dog with daft money being thrown at them.

Ever thought that Kenny might want them? And it's the 6th June,window ends in about 2 months, chill out.

Offline revelationx

• Kopite
« Reply #1711 on: June 6, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »
Do you reall think Kenny would spunk all his cash on one player? Do you not think he realises what positions need addressing?

Personally, I reckon Henderson, Jones & Wickham will all be sewn up before wednesday. LB & LW will be dealt with after July 1st. i'll be happy with that. There is no point whatsoever of comparing this summer to last.

its a totally different ball game.

You're probably right. I am likely worrying needlessly.  We just need more Suarez class signings and less Konchesky class buys. Henderson is too inexperienced for me to know which class he will develop into.

Offline RuncornRed25

• Believer
« Reply #1712 on: June 6, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »
In Kenny I trust but fuck we must have some money to burn  :shocked

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1713 on: June 6, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »
You're probably right. I am likely worrying needlessly.  We just need more Suarez class signings and less Konchesky class buys. Henderson is too inexperienced for me to know which class he will develop into.

Have you watched him alot this season, then?

Offline Cadno

• Believer
« Reply #1714 on: June 6, 2011, 09:41:44 PM »
i honestly dont feel that he is good enough, i wouldnt pay £3m for him, we are shooting ourself in the foot big time, if he flops for us we will stand to make a huge financial loss at the very least
Well thats it Im sold.  I had my doubts having not seen him play much but if Sneakyg thinks that he is not good enough then then I cant see Henderson being anything other than a future World class player.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

• Main Stander
« Reply #1715 on: June 6, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »
Dude, you are a right royal plum, and can only expect that this is a crappy attempt at wummery.

The guy has bags of potential, has already broken into the national set up and will only get better.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Believer
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1716 on: June 6, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »

I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #1717 on: June 6, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
Fascinating times.

Previously you would have thought a £20m purchase would be a nailed on starter in the first eleven. The only way this would be possible however is if he plays RM as we have Gerrard, Lucas and Meireles for CM berths already, as well as Spearing and Shelvey.

Does this mean we are going to sell one of the CM's we already have? Or does it mean we are spending £20m on a player we don't actually need right now but will in a year or two?

If its the latter, then its a massive signal of intent from us, and indicates a radical change in the dynamics of how we will go about building for the future. Balls out. We had a glimpse of this in January.

Agree.  If we spend the entire summer blinking in disbelief at inflated prices and refusing to meet them then chances are we wouldn't buy ANYONE.

Fact is if we don't pay, somebody else will.  People actually seem afraid to spend the money.  It must be because we've spent so many years robbing Peter to pay Paul and mayhap there's a deep rooted fear the financial carpet will be yanked out from underneath us. 

We're worried about spending big and making a mistake but the clubs we consider our rivals spend big and make mistakes all the time.  I think we're just scared because our mistakes have hit us hard in the past, but if we're going to run with the big boys this is the way the game is played at the top of the tree.  Of course we'll get bargains along the way but this summer is the big rebuild.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rafas the man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1718 on: June 6, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »
People moan about the fee, its not your money, if Henry and Co back us in the other areas and we strengthen all over the pitch who cares how much the lad costs. Times have changed, we can't go out and get players for a couple of million these days (or very rarely), to keep up with the likes of Utd, Chelsea and City we need to spend this type of money.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Believer
« Reply #1719 on: June 6, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
I thought the point of Comolli was that he would 'sniff' out the little gems around europe for bargain prices aswell? All he seems to have done is find obvious players that are young and British and try and throw silly money at them. If we pull a £5m gem out of nowhere then fair play I'll eat humble pie, but so far it's just 'names' that are known to every man and his dog with daft money being thrown at them.

Maybe he still is bringing in your 5 mill bargain god knows we have had enough of them over the years, :butt

or maybe he has looked and realised we have as good here for the future plans of this club!

Long way to go dont go firing your rockets up his jacksie yet hey! ::)
The Great Aneurin Bevan