Author Topic: If NESV dont act...  (Read 48795 times)

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: If NESV dont act...
« Reply #360 on: December 30, 2010, 01:42:39 am »
Spot on from the OP. When H+G were around, we didn't sit around feeling sorry for ourselves. We can't be sure what's going on at NESV, but even if there is a small possibility that they don't understand the damage that keeping Hodgson any longer will do, to their standing with us, and to the club, we shouldn't hesitate to make them understand. There shouldn't be a campaign to get them out of the club of course, they don't deserve that. But we NEED to make them understand how we feel, for our sakes, for their sakes, and for the club's sake.
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2010, 02:00:17 am »
So we're to blame for the result are we? We were doing just great for the first 65 minutes until the anti-Hodgson chants started werent we? How about the other 17 games we've played this season where no chanting took place?

Hound him out. The longer we stay silent, the longer this nightmare continues.

But he doesn't appreciate the reaction of the fans, perhaps we should be a bit more considerate of Roy's feelings?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/30/liverpool-roy-hodgson-support
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #362 on: December 30, 2010, 02:03:28 am »
Who the fuck wrote that?

thats brilliant
Tony Barrett. nb not Tony Evans as was said elsewhere.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #363 on: December 30, 2010, 02:04:14 am »
I dug up that worm Barclays twitter  'Yes, Tuess and others, Roy is the man for the job. You'll see the difference by mid-December.'  ....Funny how he as been offline for over10 hours, I can't wait to hearwhat bollocks he will say next

Yeah I called him on it two weeks ago. Funnily enough didn't reply.

Offline marcus50bucks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:57 am »
Tony Barrett. nb not Tony Evans as was said elsewhere.

No, Tony Barrett did not write the article. It was Tony Evans.

Patience in Roy Hodsgon has run out at alienated Anfield

Tony Evans Football Editor
Last updated December 30 2010 12:10AM

Last night the dissatisfaction that has bubbled beneath the surface at Anfield was given public voice. As Wolverhampton Wanderers added a new level of humiliation to an embarrassing campaign, the Kop sang: “Hodgson for England”.

That is shocking enough in itself. Nowhere in football has the relationship between manager and fans been turned into such a fetish as at Liverpool.
Bill Shankly created an emotional link between the Boot Room and the terraces that has sometimes been strained — by Graeme Souness and most recently in the fading days of the Rafael Benítez regime — but never broken. Last night it was.

Hodgson inherited a dysfunctional club but was bequeathed a core of talent in Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina that Mick McCarthy would kill for. The former Fulham manager was presented as the man who would get the best out of the squad. Instead it got worse.

John W. Henry and New England Sports Ventures, the new owners, have been beyond reproach since arriving at Anfield. Henry admits he knows little about football and is learning the game. His has been a patient and sensible approach aimed at bringing stability.

However, patience is not always rewarded. Hodgson is alienating players, staff members talk disparagingly about his methods and attitude and now the supporters have crossed a line that not long ago would have been unimaginable. Kenny Dalglish, who advised against employing Hodgson, must be seething with frustration.

A manager with four English titles to his credit, he has the charisma and knowledge to bring stability and purpose to a club that lack both. At least in the short term.

Anfield has just emerged from a period of civil war and cannot afford another. Henry needs to listen and act now. Otherwise things will spiral out of control on and off the pitch.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:09:36 am by marcus50bucks »

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2010, 02:10:27 am »
staff members talk disparagingly about his methods and attitude

Who are these staff members he talks of? And what did they say?

Offline kneejerk

• Anny Roader
  • talking with the heart, not the brain
« Reply #366 on: December 30, 2010, 02:12:43 am »
Roy, we're not supposed to 'hope' for a result. We are supposed to believe! Believe we are WINNERS
would like javier bardem to do the coin tosses at anfield

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #367 on: December 30, 2010, 02:20:10 am »
"I'd like to give Wolves credit, but I think we were a bit unlucky to lose the game, probably 0-0 would have been a fair result"

We are Liverpool at home. Wolves are bottom of the league ad have not won away all season.

This quote alone is gross misconduct and enough to see any manager of Liverpool fired.

Roy Out.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #368 on: December 30, 2010, 02:21:24 am »
To answer thread title:

...We will get relegated
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #369 on: December 30, 2010, 02:26:34 am »
..........I'm still waiting
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #370 on: December 30, 2010, 02:29:03 am »
This quote alone is gross misconduct and enough to see any manager of Liverpool fired.

Roy Out.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline jc1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #371 on: December 30, 2010, 02:35:45 am »
Been reading his Wiki page.

Re: his time at Blackburn.....

Hodgson's second season with Blackburn did not match the relative success of the first, due to numerous injuries,[13] dressing room unrest, the failure to find an adequate replacement for departed central defender Colin Hendry,[14] and a succession of poor buys – notably the £7.5 million Kevin Davies. As a result, Blackburn had a disastrous start to the season and Hodgson was sacked in December 1998, with the club bottom of the league table.[15] As Hodgson later explained, Blackburn's owner gave him the chance to resign honourably, but he refused to do so, leaving the club with no option but to sack him: "To Blackburn's honour, Jack Walker wanted me to resign, he wanted to still pay for the rest of my contract. He said, 'Why don't you resign? You've had enough, it's not working out.' I refused to do that, arrogant of course as I was in those days. I thought if they stuck with me I'd save them from relegation. I do think that the players were very much still with me, so I couldn't resign because that would be a suggestion that in some way I was doing something or something was happening which I didn't see to be the case or the truth. I gave him no choice but to sack me".[16] His final game was a home defeat by Southampton.[15][17]

I think this seems to be the path he'll be taking here too. Hopefully Henry has the courage to do what Walker did.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: December 30, 2010, 02:36:09 am »

Same here. 2.35am and still waiting for the breaking news!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline stanleylhs

• Anny Roader
  • Oh Sami Sami!
« Reply #373 on: December 30, 2010, 02:36:41 am »
To bollocks with 'tradition'. There needs to be a campaign started to get Roy the sack if NESV don't act very soon. People say it's not the Liverpool Way to turn against the manager, well, HE WASN'T FUCKING APPOINTED IN THE LIVERPOOL WAY! OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES!

This.

He is not appointed in the Liverpool Way, to hound him off and rebuild is the way to rectify the Liverpool Way.

Offline Rednyte

• Main Stander
« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2010, 02:38:35 am »

been praying for breaking news since the end of the game

Offline Markus

• Main Stander
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2010, 02:39:33 am »
"Dalglish told me that we're the ones who make people's dreams come true. The fans can't play, so they live their dreams through us."

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2010, 02:39:38 am »
This situation is just getting laughably ridiculous now
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2010, 02:41:01 am »
Just heart breaking this.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2010, 02:54:31 am »

Totally, 100% inappropriate.

And yet, i'm sitting here pissing myself laughing like an idiot.

Offline doikc

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #379 on: December 30, 2010, 02:57:58 am »
Will they act now? feel like a trapped wolf biting off my leg to get free. The horror!
What have they gained by waiting? we are more desperate and we've turned on each other and on our heroes. Nothing sacred is left
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi. Benitez YNWA

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2010, 03:13:26 am »
Will they act now? feel like a trapped wolf biting off my leg to get free. The horror!
What have they gained by waiting? we are more desperate and we've turned on each other and on our heroes. Nothing sacred is left

Ease up on the drama Moses.

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2010, 03:24:51 am »
NESV must act now or we'll be fighting against the drop come April.

We've given Roy time but he's utterly failed. Get him out.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2010, 03:25:23 am »
...then martin and purslow were consistent in making decisions to destroy us both on field and boardroom. Pls no!!! Not liverpool!
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2010, 03:29:47 am »
If we're thinking long term, FSG probably see Roy as the ideal manager to get us back into the premiership in 2012. I can see the logic.

Offline fcbruno

• Main Stander
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2010, 03:30:32 am »
My heart's broke. We need a new manager now.

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2010, 03:31:43 am »
I was going to stop watching our games when I realized what a mistake Hodgson was but the result against Chelsea delayed it. Definitely not going to now and I literally wake up every single day with the hope that Roy's gone with Kenny appointed as the caretaker manager.

Offline StevePass

• TheBloodyBallWillYer?!
  • Anny Roader
  • Talks cock and bull.
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2010, 03:34:18 am »
Roy "I'm not here" Hodgson

Roy Hodgson was born on 9th August 1947.  His father was a native of Liverpool who supported the people's club, Everton FC.  He is a former footballer who plied his trade in the lower divisions of English football before becoming a manager. 

Mr. Hodgson, who speaks twelve different languages, including Danish, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian, has vast managerial experience over two continents.   Despite his linguistic skills, Hodgson has trouble understanding scousers to the detriment of his current job.  He is now aided by two scouse promoters and interpreters, Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard.  A highly employable/employed manager, he has managed over twenty clubs over three decades.  Stints at formerly top clubs in Europe, Orebro, Malmo and Viking among others, produced modest success in the 1980s.  In between managerial jobs, and aided by his language skills, Roy Hodgson is also a television pundit for Sky Sports.   Friends from the media include Martin Tyler, his monkey and Harry Redknapp.  He aspires to be England manager and hopes to improve on the form of his current club.  Affectionately known as uncle Hodgson, Hodgson longs for a return of affection of kopites akin to his predecessors, Rafael Benitez and Kenny Dalglish.  Frequent laments of the difficulties of his current position include the players, ex-managers and supporters of the club.  These lamentations are reaffirmed and supported by his colleagues in the media, although disputed by internet football statisticians.

His team is currently in 12th place and ahead of relegation quagmire by 5 points.  Roy Hodgson has a career record of 4 wins for every 10 matches played.  He currently has support from his employers, Christian Purslow and New England Sports Ventures, in his efforts to maintain Premier league status this season.  To date, Roy Hodgson and Liverpool FC have suffered defeats to Blackpool, Wolverhampton, Manchester United, Everton, Northampton, Newcastle, Manchester City, Tottenham and Stoke this season.

Offline fcbruno

• Main Stander
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2010, 03:38:18 am »
Roy "I'm not here" Hodgson

Roy Hodgson was born on 9th August 1947.  His father was a native of Liverpool who supported the people's club, Everton FC.  He is a former footballer who plied his trade in the lower divisions of English football before becoming a manager. 

Mr. Hodgson, who speaks twelve different languages, including Danish, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian, has vast managerial experience over two continents.   Despite his linguistic skills, Hodgson has trouble understanding scousers to the detriment of his current job.  He is now aided by two scouse promoters and interpreters, Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard.  A highly employable/employed manager, he has managed over twenty clubs over three decades.  Stints at formerly top clubs in Europe, Orebro, Malmo and Viking among others, produced modest success in the 1980s.  In between managerial jobs, and aided by his language skills, Roy Hodgson is also a television pundit for Sky Sports.   Friends from the media include Martin Tyler, his monkey and Harry Redknapp.  He aspires to be England manager and hopes to improve on the form of his current club.  Affectionately known as uncle Roy, Hodgson longs for a return of affection of kopites akin to his predecessors, Rafael Benitez and Kenny Dalglish.  Frequent laments of the difficulties of his current position include the players, ex-managers and supporters of the club.  These lamentations are reaffirmed and supported by his colleagues in the media, although disputed by internet football statisticians.

His team is currently in 12th place and ahead of relegation quagmire by 5 points.  Roy Hodgson has a career record of 4 wins for every 10 matches played.  He currently has support from his employers, Christian Purslow and New England Sports Ventures, in his efforts to maintain Premier league status this season.  To date, Roy Hodgson and Liverpool FC have suffered defeats to Blackpool, Wolverhampton, Manchester United, Everton, Northampton, Newcastle, Manchester City, Tottenham and Stoke this season.

lol mostly true which is the horrific thing!

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2010, 03:43:33 am »
Why was 0-0 a fair result, Roy?  Why were we playing so horrible with very little attacking impetus?  We should be setting up to beat a team like Wolves at home. 

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
  • Brave Lee turned his tail and fled....
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2010, 03:44:04 am »
Quote from: Roy Hodgson
But I don't like it. It's the Kop's way of showing they are not happy with what the team is doing. We've had to live with negativity ever since I came here.

The famous Anfield support has not really been there – there were problems with the owners and they have been singing for Kenny.

Now, talk about the tail wagging the dog .... it is *we* who have had to put up with negativity ever since he came here!

And yes, it is the Kop's way of showing they're not happy - not with the team but with the manager. Can he really be so pig-ignorant and thick skinned that he doesn't realise that?

It is true that the famous Anfield support has not really been there for Roy. He thinks it's because we resent him for getting the job instead of Kenny but we know that's not the case. It's because he's been an under-performing arse from the moment he arrived.

In any case most people didn't want Kenny to have the job. They wanted to protect Kenny, or his reputation, or something. He'd been out of football too long.

Funny now that we're in an even bigger hole how an awful lot of people are calling for for him. His reputation is as vulnerable now as it was 6 months ago and he's been out of football for a further six months. If I were he I'd find that pretty insulting but I'm not him so I just find it hypocritical.

One person on the site wrote "I'd take Kenny at the drop of a hat if it meant getting rid of Roy". Talk about being damned with faint praise.

We don't really appreciate Kenny; we didn't want him on his own merits, and even now we just want him to bail us out of the shit - and then step down.

I'd be too ashamed to ask him to do that.

He doesn't deserve that and we don't deserve him.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:52:19 am by Brave Lee Flea »
I'm a believer.

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
« Reply #390 on: December 30, 2010, 03:49:38 am »
“I can only hope the fans become supporters as well because this is a time the club needs support. It is time for people to help us along but that was as bad a team performance as we have given, especially at Anfield.”

Screw you, Roy! We are supporters, but we don't support you. We were supporters before Hicks ever hired you.

The nerve of this c***. You ended 26 years of history tonight with your shit tactics and preparation.

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: December 30, 2010, 03:50:03 am »

He doesn't deserve that and we don't deserve him.

What in gods name are you talking about? We want him because he embodies the spirit of Liverpool that is so drastically missing right now. How is that something he doesn't deserve?
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
  • Brave Lee turned his tail and fled....
« Reply #392 on: December 30, 2010, 03:53:41 am »
What in gods name are you talking about? We want him because he embodies the spirit of Liverpool that is so drastically missing right now. How is that something he doesn't deserve?
He deserves better than to be asked to bail us out of the shit in a temporary capacity while we look for someone better.

Christ, if that job fell to me, I'd be too ashamed to have to ask him that.

We want him because Roy Hodgson has turned out to be shit. We don't want him because we recognise he could do a great job for us as manager; I didn't hear many voices clamouring for him *before* Roy was appointed. Did you?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:58:29 am by Brave Lee Flea »
I'm a believer.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2010, 03:59:32 am »
If NESV doesn't act before the new year, i'd be extremely disappointed in them. would find it hard to see them as true custodians of the club.

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:43 am »
If NESV don't act then we must.  The internet terrorist must strike to get Roy out.  Roy is finishing off what G&H started and while I feel this is a sad time in LFC history (when supporters are fighting to get a manager out - should never be like this) in this case it is a must.  Cause if we do not then this great club will be set back for years to come.  Houllier and Rafa took 10 years to bring us out of the dark days but in 6 months Roy has plunged us further in then we ever were.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:13:42 am by mjjason »

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2010, 05:15:57 am »
I've heard there's an announcement at 12..

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2010, 05:16:32 am »
If NESV don't act then we must.  The internet terrorist must strike to get Roy out.  Roy is finishing off what G&H started and while I feel this is a sad time in LFC history (when supporters are fighting to get a manager out - should never be like this) in this case it is a must.  Cause if we do not then this great club will be set back for years to come.  Houllier and Rafa took 10 years to bring us out of the dark days but in 6 months Roy has plunged us further in then we ever were.

This. Roy's appointment I fear at the beginning had set us back for 4-5 years, but the way its panning out it might be another decade before we are the team under Rafa

Offline Rednyte

• Main Stander
« Reply #397 on: December 30, 2010, 05:17:02 am »
??

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #398 on: December 30, 2010, 05:17:30 am »

would you care to elaborate?  ;)
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2010, 05:18:04 am »

from the bartender's sister's ex's current gay partner's ex' gf's brother-in-law's nephew's best friend who happens to work at the club?