Author Topic: Arthur Melo  (Read 119210 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Arthur Melo
« Reply #200 on: September 2, 2022, 01:22:07 pm »
Christ - some of you lot don't deserve what we've had over the past 5 years!

Spend the entire window moaning we need a midfielder, we get one and now you moan he's not the right one.

Granted it's been left late and isn't entirely ideal but still!

We've got an extra body in the middle, who's been signed previously by two of the biggest clubs in Europe and played for one of the strongest NT's on the planet.

The lad obviously has something about him and I back Klopp to get it out.

People are just pissed because the Noone lad wasn't signed when he had such incredible Youtube compilations. Ace midfielder that ;D

Worst case scenario is he gets sent back to Turin by mail order just like how the Cockney Messi came back to Merseyside from Lille in 2012. He won't take that big of an amount out of the players' budget anyway.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 01:27:36 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 2, 2022, 01:27:32 pm »

Spend the entire window moaning we need a midfielder, we get one and now you moan he's not the right one

They don't moan its not the right one, they moan that we signed one on the last day.

Its like moaning about scoring against Newcastle in the last second

:lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #202 on: September 2, 2022, 01:28:01 pm »
Im excited about his signing, he has obvious quality in possession, he's quick over the first few yards and most importantly, seems enthusiastic to be here. Just hope he stays fit, cos he has had his injuries at Juventus.

I wonder if Klopp will throw him right in, or play Curtis? If as suspected Henderson is out with a hamstring.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 2, 2022, 01:28:20 pm »
If he does well, will he get a 'Melo, 'Melo song?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #204 on: September 2, 2022, 01:38:18 pm »
Not available for tomorrow.

Fabinho needs to wrapped in cotton wool pronto.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #205 on: September 2, 2022, 01:43:14 pm »
If he does well, will he get a 'Melo, 'Melo song?
We all live in Arthur Melo's submarine.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #206 on: September 2, 2022, 01:47:58 pm »

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 2, 2022, 01:48:43 pm »
Arthur Melo, video, Youtube... You are (were) not playing for Barcelona just because you have a handsome hairy upper balls. He's got talent and I wish him a success here.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I-2tcimM7FA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I-2tcimM7FA</a>

Im all aboard now! Reminds me of Iniesta - bring on the bitters

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 2, 2022, 01:53:02 pm »
Im excited about his signing, he has obvious quality in possession, he's quick over the first few yards and most importantly, seems enthusiastic to be here. Just hope he stays fit, cos he has had his injuries at Juventus.

I wonder if Klopp will throw him right in, or play Curtis? If as suspected Henderson is out with a hamstring.
He's not remotely match fit. Not even sure when he last even had a game.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #209 on: September 2, 2022, 01:56:49 pm »
He's not remotely match fit. Not even sure when he last even had a game.

More recently than Jota. We’ll have a few back soon who won’t necessarily be ready to start immediately.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 2, 2022, 01:57:30 pm »
For he’s a jolly good Melo…
Haha. That could definitely catch on.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 2, 2022, 02:26:12 pm »
Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal
·
47m
Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool's signing of @arthurhromelo

"Really happy about his transfer. My information is that [clearance] will not happen until tomorrow [so won't play v Everton]. Really good footballer. Good passer, gives rhythm, safe on the ball, good in tight areas."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 2, 2022, 02:27:54 pm »
Arthur's journey begins on a European Knight.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #213 on: September 2, 2022, 02:42:55 pm »
Arthur Melo, video, Youtube... You are (were) not playing for Barcelona just because you have a handsome hairy upper balls. He's got talent and I wish him a success here.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I-2tcimM7FA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I-2tcimM7FA</a>
Can't say I've paid much attention to him the past, but there's a lot to like here (caveat being these video's only show the 'good' stuff).

A few similarities to Thaigo in the way he draws a player in as he's about to receive the ball and then uses his first touch to get past them, uses his body extremely well to protect the ball and always looking to progress it rather squaring it or passing back.

There definetely looks to be a player there and if Klopp can't extract it, no-one will.   
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 2, 2022, 02:44:46 pm »
looks to be a Jack of all trades.

Disappointing he probably make the Derby but whatever

Should be a fun player
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #215 on: September 2, 2022, 03:04:24 pm »
apparently doesnt have international clearance to play. but i do think he's match fit?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 2, 2022, 03:10:18 pm »
Aye, he's ready but no international clearance yet.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #217 on: September 2, 2022, 03:24:17 pm »
Probably for the best his clearance won't come through in time for tomorrow. 

Giving those bitter bastards the opportunity to kibosh our new signing would be a disaster waiting to happen 😁

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #218 on: September 2, 2022, 03:51:45 pm »
Wasn't he in the first episode of Hitch hikers Guide to the Galaxy? He was the barman who served Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent if memory serves.

Nah that was Steve Conway

This was Dave Harris from Minder played by Glynn Edwards

He also appeared on Heart of Lothian by Marillion :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9pkyZhlK8Q0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9pkyZhlK8Q0</a>

« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 03:55:19 pm by Andy @ Allerton! »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 2, 2022, 04:08:35 pm »
Hopefully he has the skills of the great Edmundo- just the SKILLS ;D
« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 04:15:22 pm by Sinyoro »

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 2, 2022, 04:09:35 pm »
Have we done every Arthur joke possible already?

Pretty impressive for 12am in a school night 😂

I Was trying to wedge in an Arthur Askey one but no dice

He'll bring the fire.

No pyro,no party still a thing right?

Offline lmccallion7

• Boys Pen
« Reply #221 on: September 2, 2022, 04:15:31 pm »
Hope this one goes well, feel this is going to be a bit like the signings made to cover our CB crisis a couple of seasons ago but could be wrong.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #222 on: September 2, 2022, 04:16:13 pm »
Apart from his technical prowess, the main thing that strikes me is how strong he seems when having to hold off other players and ride tackles. Pretty key for a MF.
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.
Almost Salah-esque levels of strength that. Much needed in the Prem.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #223 on: September 2, 2022, 04:18:54 pm »

The lad obviously has something about him and I back Klopp to get it out.

His handsome, hairy, upper balls, apparently...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #224 on: September 2, 2022, 04:20:38 pm »
Hope this one goes well, feel this is going to be a bit like the signings made to cover our CB crisis a couple of seasons ago but could be wrong.

He has a lot more pedigree than Ben Davies, and I think Kabak would have played more games if he'd not gotten injured (and Williams and Phillips doing so well while he was out).

He'll get plenty of game time imo even if it's just the cups and as one of the 5 subs.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 2, 2022, 04:26:46 pm »

He's a 26 year old Brazilian international that was going to be a superstar and unfortunately for him hasn't worked out but he's no where near Davies or Kabak level of player.  ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #226 on: September 2, 2022, 04:30:39 pm »
Stay Melo.. just chill..

« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 04:45:56 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: September 2, 2022, 04:35:57 pm »
I will be honest I do not know anything about him.
But if anyone can get a tune out of him it will be Klopp.
So I wish him well and hope he smashes it here.
I look forward to seeing him play.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 2, 2022, 04:44:16 pm »
Really surprised everyone outside of the club's inner circle,don't think i've seen anyone even in passing mention him in relation to us.

Hope he does well and stays healthy,maybe put him in some armor!!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #229 on: September 2, 2022, 05:00:55 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #230 on: September 2, 2022, 05:01:50 pm »
Not to cast aspersions but judging by Knights previous activity (I know, sorry) I suspect he personally would have been talking about what a smart, shrewd signing it was and how its the sort of player we should have been signing.

There's probably a valid criticism of how we've dealt collectively with our midfield but some of you really do make it far, far, far more dramatic than is really necessary. We're potentially 2/3 weeks away from having a stronger midfield line-up than we did last season.
Melodramatic?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #231 on: September 2, 2022, 05:02:33 pm »
This is from Peter Krawietz:

"If £40million won’t buy you a noticeable improvement, if we don’t see how that guy will lift up our performances to the next level, Jurgen will never do it. He won’t spend for the sake of spending".

Multiple times we've waited for the right player yet people still whinge and whine over the process
My Man!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #232 on: September 2, 2022, 05:06:01 pm »
I hope he's brave in the tackle. Would hate to see yellow Melo
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #233 on: September 2, 2022, 05:25:45 pm »
Stay Melo.. just chill..

His first card...

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #234 on: September 2, 2022, 05:50:52 pm »
Ô Melo
Mil e uma noites de amor com você
Na praia, num barco, num farol apagado
Num moinho abandonado
Em Mar Grande, alto astral
Lá em Hollywood, pra de tudo rolar
Vendo estrelas caindo, vendo a noite passar
Eu e você na Ilha do Sol
Na Ilha do Sol
https://youtu.be/zhrqSwXz8Ic
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 2, 2022, 06:11:20 pm »
I think one of his brothers was a striker.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #236 on: September 2, 2022, 06:20:40 pm »
I think one of his brothers was a striker.
:wellin

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #237 on: September 2, 2022, 06:27:00 pm »
Arthur apparently wants to improve his chances with the national team and we need a body or two in midfield, so there is every reason to expect that we can help each other out here.

In terms of his abilities I think he is being underestimated by some, I haven't seen him play enough to pass comment but if you look at (some of) the profiles of 2019-20 Thiago and 2019-20 Arthur (particularly passing and shooting) I think it is fair to say that (at a glance at least) it could be hard to separate them.

This is not just some donkey we've hired to keep the grass down at the AXA Training Ground. I wish him every success, and whether he stays or not, I hope he can rediscover himself here.

Stats from fbref.com. I'll leave it to you to decide which is which.  ;)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 2, 2022, 06:37:24 pm »
Gonna guess Thiago is in red, as he likely wouldn't be getting assists. I think it would be a lot easier to tell them apart if defensive charts were shown

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 2, 2022, 06:38:34 pm »
Arthur apparently wants to improve his chances with the national team and we need a body or two in midfield, so there is every reason to expect that we can help each other out here.

In terms of his abilities I think he is being underestimated by some, I haven't seen him play enough to pass comment but if you look at (some of) the profiles of 2019-20 Thiago and 2019-20 Arthur (particularly passing and shooting) I think it is fair to say that (at a glance at least) it could be hard to separate them.

This is not just some donkey we've hired to keep the grass down at the AXA Training Ground. I wish him every success, and whether he stays or not, I hope he can rediscover himself here.

Stats from fbref.com. I'll leave it to you to decide which is which.  ;)

This is perfect - they can alternate injuries!!