Author Topic: 2022-23 Premier League Fixtures  (Read 23414 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2022-23 Premier League Fixtures
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2022, 04:09:00 am »
was thinking the same.  that game is very important for him - and his players trying to impress him - but just a kickabout in the sun for us.  apart from giving the Asian fans a good show, we won't give a shit and highly unlikely any of our big guns will see much of the pitch.

Aye, we’ll use it as a double training session, with the important work done in the first training session, then playing two different XIs in each half. The lads will be playing the match on heavy legs after the early session. Klopp will not even be thinking about the result.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline grenny158

• Main Stander
  • Be kind.
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2022, 08:07:07 am »
Aye, we’ll use it as a double training session, with the important work done in the first training session, then playing two different XIs in each half. The lads will be playing the match on heavy legs after the early session. Klopp will not even be thinking about the result.

Yep .. to be honest, I reckon only supporters who do not really know the game will think anything other then 'training session' for the pre-season games. And by 'training session', I mean a chance to try out the youngsters .. see what young Carvalho and Ramsey are made of and how ready they are for first team action .. same with Elliot and our other young 'uns. Pre-season is about that to an extent but even more so about getting fitness levels up to where we need them to be .. I agree fully that Klopp will not care at all about the results .. probably same could be said about Ten Hag - if he is the right man for the United job, he will be thinking along the same lins .. if he is thinking 'We really need to beat Liverpool here', then he is destined for the same fate as Solksjaer and the other chops who have gone before him.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2022, 08:31:45 am »
maximum point in August.
Believer

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #163 on: July 2, 2022, 02:03:31 pm »
Anyone know roughly when the first tv moves are announced? Only the opening weekend has been adjusted so far.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 2, 2022, 03:08:39 pm »
Anyone know roughly when the first tv moves are announced? Only the opening weekend has been adjusted so far.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2647056

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #165 on: July 3, 2022, 12:43:39 pm »
Cheers!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 3, 2022, 02:59:51 pm »
Looking to bring my whole family (5 people) over this year for the Arsenal game - what's the best way to get tickets?

Are the hospitality packages the easiest way to do this and be sure we are getting real tickets/etc.?

(edit - I see the ticket board)
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 03:02:35 pm by newterp »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 3, 2022, 03:55:29 pm »
Looking to bring my whole family (5 people) over this year for the Arsenal game - what's the best way to get tickets?

Are the hospitality packages the easiest way to do this and be sure we are getting real tickets/etc.?

(edit - I see the ticket board)
I think you get a discount if you buy 6 tickets, newt.

Off topic .... I'm kinda free for that game. Happy to be an interpreter in exchange for plane and game tix.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 03:57:07 pm by SamLad »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 3, 2022, 05:51:26 pm »

Off topic .... I'm kinda free for that game. Happy to be an interpreter in exchange for plane and game tix.

ha  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 3, 2022, 06:10:15 pm »
Carry your bags??

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 3, 2022, 06:14:16 pm »

LOL.

Sorry - "kinda" is too much equivocation. I gave your ticket away.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 3, 2022, 06:18:22 pm »
Bastard.

:)

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 3, 2022, 08:07:41 pm »
LOL.

Sorry - "kinda" is too much equivocation. I gave your ticket away.

Ok I'll give you one last chance.  Not many people get this kind of offer ....

If you stump up for the plane and game tix, I'll carry your bags AND buy you and your family a feast of a meal at the Liverpool restaurant chippy of your my choice.

clock's ticking, mate ....

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #173 on: July 4, 2022, 07:35:37 pm »
When are the tickets likely to go live for the first round of games, for the Membership holders? I think there’s around 10k ring fenced.

Never actually bought the tickets myself before, my mate’s Dad always sorted us with his season ticket as he lived in America. He’s retired back over here though so our easy access to games has gone.

Website has a ‘from July 18th’ placeholder.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: July 4, 2022, 07:36:57 pm »
When are the tickets likely to go live for the first round of games, for the Membership holders? I think there’s around 10k ring fenced.

Never actually bought the tickets myself before, my mate’s Dad always sorted us with his season ticket as he lived in America. He’s retired back over here though so our easy access to games has gone.

Website has a ‘from July 18th’ placeholder.

The ballot is open now. It closes Thursday morning

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 4, 2022, 07:43:19 pm »
The ballot is open now. It closes Thursday morning
I might be being dense, but how do I enter? Whenever I select ballots, it shows nothing but also shows k no further information available on the ticketing pages.

Any help would be appreciated.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: July 4, 2022, 07:51:14 pm »
I might be being dense, but how do I enter? Whenever I select ballots, it shows nothing but also shows k no further information available on the ticketing pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

There's a thread here mate https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340430.25440#lastPost

You need to have an active membership to enter the ballot.

If you have an active membership, go to the members registration rather than the ballot
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: July 4, 2022, 07:52:53 pm »
There's a thread here mate https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340430.25440#lastPost

You need to have an active membership to enter the ballot
Cheers lad. I do, I’m trying to register for games but every time it says I’ve exceeded my allocation, even when I created a separate account for my Grandad to be able to add him.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 4, 2022, 07:55:30 pm »
Cheers lad. I do, I’m trying to register for games but every time it says I’ve exceeded my allocation, even when I created a separate account for my Grandad to be able to add him.

Have you got your grandad on your friends and family list? If not, you'll need to add him. He'll also need a paid membership.
When you do that, add 2 tickets for each game you want to enter the ballot for, then update each one with your grandads name, then checkout at the end
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 5, 2022, 10:57:11 am »
Surely this announcement will be on time!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #180 on: July 5, 2022, 04:07:39 pm »
Surely this announcement will be on time!

The TV changes? Out now

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #181 on: July 5, 2022, 04:10:14 pm »
2 Monday games in August. Don't think we had any Monday games last season.

Anyway, here's our live TV games for Aug/Sept.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #182 on: July 5, 2022, 04:18:27 pm »
Wow. Palace/United/Newcastle ones all shite IMO. I know there'll probably be some mad times this season given the World Cup but still. Would have liked a nice 3pm against Palace and why put the United game on a Monday night?

Not too bothered about Everton/Chelsea as they're normal and in line with what would usually happen.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #183 on: July 5, 2022, 04:21:14 pm »
and why put the United game on a Monday night?
Less traffic so easier for the Mancs to get home when they all leave at half-time. The Manchestoh-based ones anyway
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: July 5, 2022, 04:40:55 pm »
Thought Fulham away was on TV 12.30pm on the Saturday?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #185 on: July 5, 2022, 04:49:53 pm »
Thought Fulham away was on TV 12.30pm on the Saturday?

It is. They've only included the "new" changes. The Fulham game was announced when they released the fixtures

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: July 5, 2022, 04:55:02 pm »
It is. They've only included the "new" changes. The Fulham game was announced when they released the fixtures

Thanks  :)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #187 on: July 5, 2022, 05:12:06 pm »
Thanks  :)

Why they don't do them all at the same time I've never understood

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #188 on: July 5, 2022, 10:44:00 pm »
Not great TV fixtures, two Monday games and two Saturday 12:30 ones, although I guess it's better to get some Saturday ones out of the way before the CL starts so BT don't try to screw is over again
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Perth Red

• Kemlynite
  • Upside down and red all over
« Reply #189 on: July 6, 2022, 02:42:20 am »
Due to living in Australia the first three games are all on at 3am for me - on a week night - and I start work at 5.30am.

Do I get up really early to watch or replay the game whilst at work (I work from home)?
If I've told you once I've told you a million times, stop exaggerating!

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #190 on: July 6, 2022, 06:27:18 am »
From a purely selfish point of view I want as many 12:30pm games as possible as they are the easiest to watch from the far East. Monday ones can fuck off though  :'(

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 6, 2022, 06:36:57 am »
We finished 8th in 15/16
Spurs finished 7th in 20/21

It's to do with league positions the season prior, not what is deemed the 'big 6'

It's elaborate, and definitely to do with pairs of teams, hence we've had Arsenal first up a couple of times recently, but they are also very opaque about it. I'm certain that policing resources is definitely a factor taken into account more so than a big club like Liverpool finishing 8th or 6th in the season prior.

How are the fixtures compiled?
We start when we know the composition of each division, so after the last Football League playoff, which was on 29 May. We place each club in a pairing grid, which defines the dates they will be at home.

For every date in the season, the fixture computer knows which clubs are at home and who are away and then it will mix them up randomly to determine the matches.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 6, 2022, 06:45:22 am »
Why they don't do them all at the same time I've never understood

Because they need to show all the teams a certain amount of times, and want to make sure to get the juiciest matches narrative-wise on telly at good times — plus a hell of a load of other contingencies built into a schedule that doesn't actually leave enough time for all the league games to be played in their scheduled slots if you do well in the FA Cup and Europe.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: July 6, 2022, 08:21:29 am »
Club will be unhappy that they’re playing Wed 8pm against Newcastle and then Sat 12.30 against Everton. If it was a European game on the Wed, then the Everton game would be played Sat night.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: July 6, 2022, 08:50:28 am »
Club will be unhappy that they’re playing Wed 8pm against Newcastle and then Sat 12.30 against Everton. If it was a European game on the Wed, then the Everton game would be played Sat night.

Everton play the night before as well, so an extra 24 hours for them. At least there is no travel involved though.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 6, 2022, 09:10:51 am »
United on a Monday night is absolutely weird.

Utd vs Liverpool is the game of the weekend no matter what, even if the game itself often stinks.

Monday night is for sub-plots, like "Will Arsenal shit the bed away from home (again)?", not the main feature.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 6, 2022, 09:33:15 am »
United on a Monday night is absolutely weird.

Utd vs Liverpool is the game of the weekend no matter what, even if the game itself often stinks.

Monday night is for sub-plots, like "Will Arsenal shit the bed away from home (again)?", not the main feature.

Not the first time it's happened... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37604054
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 6, 2022, 09:36:52 am »
Not the first time it's happened... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37604054

I remember! "Red Monday" — I missed it as I was playing my five aside game.
De Gea made a good-ish save from a weak-ish Coutinho shot, and precisely nothing else happened, if I can recall.

Always assumed they considered that a failed experiment though.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 6, 2022, 01:58:19 pm »
The bit on Pogba is amazing in that it could have been said for just about any match in the six years since

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #199 on: July 6, 2022, 08:32:30 pm »
Not great TV fixtures, two Monday games and two Saturday 12:30 ones, although I guess it's better to get some Saturday ones out of the way before the CL starts so BT don't try to screw is over again

Pretty sure there is a new rule this season where if you play in the CL on Wednesday you can not then be the Saturday lunchtime game.