Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 122772 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #520 on: September 16, 2022, 03:20:54 pm »
Fabio Silva from Wolves?!  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: September 29, 2022, 03:09:22 pm »

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: October 2, 2022, 12:15:06 am »
I think all three of him, Elliott and Curtis Jones face the same issue.

All three of them are very talented but all three of them are also caught in a halfway house between being a midfielder and an attacker.

I look at Carvalho and I don't know what he is.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: October 2, 2022, 12:30:22 am »

Honestly looks like a bicycle tourist, who just stopped at Melwood to have a kick around with his cycle gear on. What on earth is he wearing on his head? Something to see if he is thinking the right thoughts on the pitch??  :o :o

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: October 2, 2022, 12:31:58 am »
I think all three of him, Elliott and Curtis Jones face the same issue.

All three of them are very talented but all three of them are also caught in a halfway house between being a midfielder and an attacker.

I look at Carvalho and I don't know what he is.

There's still time for them to find their ideal role in our systems. For me they don't quite have the tactical understanding to contribute to the defensive side of our game just yet.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: October 2, 2022, 01:16:04 am »
I like him but how have we got into a position where we’re starting a youngster from Fulham for a team that’s been to 3 CL finals in the last 5 years?

And how have we gone from having physical monsters/runners on the wings to starting physically average youngsters who want the ball to feet?

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: October 2, 2022, 01:41:27 am »
Carvalho has a lot of potential but he is not ready to be a starter in our first team. He is too lightweight currently. What ought to be there in his place is a midfielder who is already among the best in Europe in that role like barella. Why we have him instead must be down to the far cheaper proposition that he represents financially speaking.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #527 on: October 2, 2022, 06:58:03 am »
He's a 10.  Same as Elliott.  We have two of the brightest young 10s in Europe but we play them anywhere but that position.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: October 2, 2022, 07:02:55 am »
He's a 10.  Same as Elliott.  We have two of the brightest young 10s in Europe but we play them anywhere but that position.

He can play as a 10 but he can very much play as a left winger. He played there for Fulham and he was excellent. We struggled to get him into the game but we cant make sweeping judgements yet.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: October 2, 2022, 07:12:34 am »
In my day he would have been in The Reserves for another eighteen months at least, he is not a starter and not ready.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: October 2, 2022, 07:25:40 am »
It's way too early to make any conclusion but I will say that given how much we're relying on Jones, Elliot and Carvalho to become of the required quality in order to prevent a MASSVIE rebuild in centre mid, none of them currently profile what we'd want from our midfielders or our wide forwards. Quality wise they're all great, and may become good enough, but I'm not sure any of them really fit.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: October 10, 2022, 09:38:35 pm »
Big chance for him to get a bunch of minutes with the Diaz injury.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: October 11, 2022, 09:21:34 am »
It's way too early to make any conclusion but I will say that given how much we're relying on Jones, Elliot and Carvalho to become of the required quality in order to prevent a MASSVIE rebuild in centre mid, none of them currently profile what we'd want from our midfielders or our wide forwards. Quality wise they're all great, and may become good enough, but I'm not sure any of them really fit.

The big issue is that all three of them are caught in halfway houses between being midfielders and attackers, and unfortunately because of that they're not really much of either currently.

Carvalho and Elliott may be good enough to play for LFC one day for sure, but even if they are, I'd have big doubts about whether it will be in midfield.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #533 on: October 11, 2022, 09:22:29 am »
Big chance for him to get a bunch of minutes with the Diaz injury.

Big chance for him to get a bunch of minutes and an injury

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #534 on: October 11, 2022, 09:39:50 am »

Miss training and halve the risk of injury. ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: October 11, 2022, 12:05:25 pm »

I do worry that he will look up at the senior players and say = yeah I want that 2-3 weeks/month out!

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #536 on: October 12, 2022, 09:25:32 pm »
The kid looks very promising.  His touch, work rate and confidence is great for someone so young.  Bright future with him and Harvey in the squad.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #537 on: October 12, 2022, 09:35:36 pm »
Yeah has looked really good at times. Involved all game. Great hockey assist for the third
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: October 12, 2022, 10:00:32 pm »
A great little footballer. Him and Elliot are 2 great talents but because the fan base has totally lost their heads because of the poor start of the season they have both got a lot of unfair stick.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #539 on: October 12, 2022, 10:01:27 pm »
Really good today, 90 minutes in the CL a few months after playing as high as the Championship.  Promising stuff and you can see he's a smart footballer, makes great decisions.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2022, 10:05:49 pm »
Looks to have some elite qualities.  Really exciting to see how we can use him best.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: October 12, 2022, 10:14:32 pm »
A great little footballer. Him and Elliot are 2 great talents but because the fan base has totally lost their heads because of the poor start of the season they have both got a lot of unfair stick.

Has anyone given him any stick? He's bagged a couple of goals in very few minutes and looked likely whenever he's played, I don't think I've seen a bad word said about him.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #542 on: October 13, 2022, 10:19:40 am »
Really good today, 90 minutes in the CL a few months after playing as high as the Championship.  Promising stuff and you can see he's a smart footballer, makes great decisions.

Looks like he's starting to get our way of playing, always will make mistakes as young but hell of a player already

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: October 13, 2022, 11:13:33 am »

Well this season has given them both a lot match time, which is great. But maybe equally as good it would have been if they got chances playing in a high functioning team too.
Both could be great for us, but we need to set realistic aims for that. Next 2-3 years I’d expect them to have proven themselves as starting players (or thereabouts) or look to get sold perhaps.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #544 on: October 16, 2022, 07:20:40 pm »
Loved that display, very much an old head on young shoulders display. His pressing and turnovers are incredible.
AHA!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #545 on: October 16, 2022, 07:21:53 pm »
This kids gonna be something special
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: October 16, 2022, 07:25:00 pm »
He's class. How calm he stayed in that chaos to just make the right decisions was very impressive.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #547 on: October 16, 2022, 10:09:02 pm »
He was an absolute monster with the amount of balls he managed to win, and was unlucky to not receive the ball in acres of space in the box. If Jota does have a spell on the sidelines, would be interesting if Carvalho is able to emulate the Jota role, he has hints of that same directness and waspishness that Jota has.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: October 16, 2022, 10:17:26 pm »
Obviously we all wanted a midfielder in the summer but I do like that him and Harvey are getting a lot of minutes at the moment.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: October 16, 2022, 10:18:47 pm »
I hope Jota isn’t out for long but kinda looking forward to him hopefully getting a run out from the left in this 424.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: October 16, 2022, 10:20:33 pm »

For once we agree on something

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #551 on: October 16, 2022, 10:21:13 pm »

Agreed. Him and Elliot both. The balls glued to his foot no issue at all with tight spaces.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #552 on: October 16, 2022, 10:26:32 pm »
Needs to bulk up a bit though ;D

He will get a bit less skinny in time
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #553 on: October 16, 2022, 10:29:56 pm »
For once we agree on something
Until he has a couple of bad games, amirite?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #554 on: October 16, 2022, 10:33:50 pm »
Honestly looks like a bicycle tourist, who just stopped at Melwood to have a kick around with his cycle gear on. What on earth is he wearing on his head? Something to see if he is thinking the right thoughts on the pitch??  :o :o

if he's at Melwood he probably is a bicycle tourist on a visit
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: October 18, 2022, 08:14:53 pm »
Just wanted to say he looked very good coming on in a difficult game.  Lots of good composure under pressure.
King Kenny.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #556 on: October 18, 2022, 08:35:25 pm »
Even though players at this (or any) level will usually back themselves to succeed I bet even Fabio himself has been surprised as to how much football he's got in this already quality team. Perhaps he's in line for another start tomorrow. The injuries are terrible but for Carvalho it could be the making of him in this Liverpool side.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #557 on: October 19, 2022, 09:39:20 pm »
Love his touch and movement with and without the ball, shades of Coutinho.
Can't wait to see his development further
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #558 on: October 19, 2022, 09:40:51 pm »
Was great. Turns on a sixpence, dribbles really well, intelligent movement on and off the ball.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: October 19, 2022, 09:50:32 pm »
Quality player, i'd like to see him closer to goal. His close control will cause havoc in the opposition box