Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458615 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64080 on: November 17, 2021, 08:36:56 pm »
You and your sex life again  ::)

;D

Everytime I watch “On The Buses” now I look out for you and Nick going “PHOOOOWARRR! at the young Clippies and being chased by Blakey

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64081 on: November 17, 2021, 08:56:04 pm »
;D

Everytime I watch “On The Buses” now I look out for you and Nick going “PHOOOOWARRR! at the young Clippies and being chased by Blakey

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64082 on: November 17, 2021, 09:01:59 pm »
Vaccine Passports for hospitality in Northern Ireland from 29th November.  No enforcement until mid December though.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64083 on: November 17, 2021, 09:04:09 pm »
;D

And how often do you watch it these days?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64084 on: November 17, 2021, 09:07:58 pm »
60,000 cases in Germany today….

Yikes
Sorry, I'm being a bit lazy.  Does Germany still have relatively low levels of testing as, if so, that suggests the real number is a lot higher?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64085 on: November 17, 2021, 09:08:31 pm »
I have a bad cough now though I read it you have any symptoms they won't test you at the walk in centres, its why I ordered a home one.

Chances of false positives with lateral flow tests are very low, around 0.5% although false negatives are more common). The chance of it being a false positive when you have the main symptom of the virus are surely even less, sadly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64086 on: November 17, 2021, 10:40:47 pm »
Chances of false positives with lateral flow tests are very low, around 0.5% although false negatives are more common). The chance of it being a false positive when you have the main symptom of the virus are surely even less, sadly.

I am just hoping having had the double vaccine, that will make it more mild.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64087 on: November 17, 2021, 10:48:57 pm »
;D

A phrase for a time capsule  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64088 on: November 17, 2021, 10:55:46 pm »
My personal experience of the LFTs (n=1) is that they're most likely to be positive when you're most infectious. The utility of  them as screening asymptomatic or even pre symptomatic in populations where covid is not rife is debatable and variable. Technique is an issue and some people probably don't she'd the virus in their nasal passage (this was more of an issue with PCRs in the first wave I'd say)

I was negative on the Thursday without symptoms, then faintly positive Friday with symptoms (also positive pcr) and strongly positive on Saturday. Negative lft (done for interest) after a few days.

If you have a cough and positive LFT but negative pcr I would question the pcr and probably get it done again.

The test centre I went to was a bit funny. They don't want your window down except to give the pack and again right at the end and they've all got masks on. So it was a real job to hear what they were saying and I was shunted between about 3 different sections or the car parks. I guess they have a system in place which is most useful when they're busy and they have to try and keep everyone as safe as possible.

Bit of a shitter to fall ill when you've started annual leave but hope you feel better soon
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:58:44 pm by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #64089 on: November 17, 2021, 11:17:23 pm »

;D
And how often do you watch it these days?

As often as i can. Think its the best thing ive ever seen.

A phrase for a time capsule  :)
Cant wait till the year 2060. Ill have that to look forward to, my paul daniels magic set and some white dog shit that i got from alley by me nans in bootle when i was 6

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64090 on: November 17, 2021, 11:41:44 pm »
My personal experience of the LFTs (n=1) is that they're most likely to be positive when you're most infectious. The utility of  them as screening asymptomatic or even pre symptomatic in populations where covid is not rife is debatable and variable. Technique is an issue and some people probably don't she'd the virus in their nasal passage (this was more of an issue with PCRs in the first wave I'd say)

I was negative on the Thursday without symptoms, then faintly positive Friday with symptoms (also positive pcr) and strongly positive on Saturday. Negative lft (done for interest) after a few days.

If you have a cough and positive LFT but negative pcr I would question the pcr and probably get it done again.

The test centre I went to was a bit funny. They don't want your window down except to give the pack and again right at the end and they've all got masks on. So it was a real job to hear what they were saying and I was shunted between about 3 different sections or the car parks. I guess they have a system in place which is most useful when they're busy and they have to try and keep everyone as safe as possible.

Bit of a shitter to fall ill when you've started annual leave but hope you feel better soon

Just to make this n=2, my recent experience was that I most likely caught it on either the 16/10 or 23/10, had a sore throat on 26/10 but tested negative on a LFT  and then got a positive LFT result (confirmed by subsequent PCR) on 29/10. Interestingly even though I didn't take any isolation action till I tested positive neither of my housemates caught it off me.

Hope all goes well for you jillc  :)

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64091 on: November 18, 2021, 12:43:01 am »
Two good examples of why lateral flows shouldn't be used to alter behaviour. Both of us would have been infectious on the days of negative lateral flow results. If I'd been in non ventilated mask less areas for a prolonged period of time with lots of people there's a good chance of spread to some of them. Which would be somewhat containable if we had a working and useful track and trace system...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:46:03 am by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64092 on: November 18, 2021, 01:10:36 am »
Two good examples of why lateral flows shouldn't be used to alter behaviour. Both of us would have been infectious on the days of negative lateral flow results. If I'd been in non ventilated mask less areas for a prolonged period of time with lots of people there's a good chance of spread to some of them. Which would be somewhat containable if we had a working and useful track and trace system...

The track and trace issue (assuming you are talking about 'manual' track and trace) is a difficult one IMHO. If I take my own situation as an example - if you assume that track and trace needs to contact anyone who was recently in a closely packed unventilated space with somebody who has tested positive - for myself that would entail contacting everybody at a c 150 attendee wedding, everybody that was in the nightclub we went to after and everyone who shared the two full train carriages with me there and back. That kind of manual track and trace only works if you either have very low numbers of infections or a high level of restrictions on activity that is ensuring that the potential number of contacts for an infectious person is as low as possible.

In the current situation I think the only workable solution is to encourage people to keep using the app so that they get the notifications to tell them that they have been in close contact with somebody who has tested positive so that they can look out for symptoms and take tests more regularly. Again just going off my own experience - very few people I know still have the app installed. My downstairs neighbour who does still have it got pinged when I reported my test.   

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64093 on: November 18, 2021, 08:05:08 am »
Thanks guys I’m not too bad at all, I took a second test and it has confirmed the other result. So, I am waiting for the PCR test to arrive now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64094 on: November 18, 2021, 08:52:44 am »
Good luck Jill, hope you don’t get too bad a dose.

My wife had it last week, first time any of our family have had it. We all somehow avoided it. There’s 9 off in may daughter’s year at school so they’ve gone back into a bubble for until the end of next week. Home schooling pain probably just around the corner.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64095 on: November 18, 2021, 09:09:41 am »
Be quicker than trying to get to the Etihad anyway ;)

Mates of ours lad has tested positive, he's 12. Mum has had 3 jabs now as she is high risk, Dad won't get the jab for all sorts of bullshit reasons. Seeing as he is 61, I hope he doesn't catch it off the lad and find out the hard way why he should have got the jab.

Follow up on this, both parents negative on PCR's but soft bollocks is self employed and is now in isolation :lmao

I'm ripping the piss out of him next time I see him.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64096 on: November 18, 2021, 09:47:49 am »

My wife had it last week, first time any of our family have had it. We all somehow avoided it. There’s 9 off in may daughter’s year at school so they’ve gone back into a bubble for until the end of next week. Home schooling pain probably just around the corner.

Thanks mate. Considering I've been using public transport since September probably done well to avoid it up to now. I hope your wife is feeling better, it's amazing how you can live with someone and not get it. The school stuff is so crazy, but it's like our place. Even in the midst of when the pandemic was even worse than now, they were never going to shut down the workplace despite people going off with covid. I am just amazed it didn't rip through us all, but most people at work didn't get it.  :o

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64097 on: November 18, 2021, 09:48:43 am »
Follow up on this, both parents negative on PCR's but soft bollocks is self employed and is now in isolation :lmao

I'm ripping the piss out of him next time I see him.

Oh wow.  ;D

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64098 on: November 18, 2021, 10:31:10 am »
I am just hoping having had the double vaccine, that will make it more mild.  :)

Yeah I’m sure it will, wasn’t trying to be overly negative just realistic with everything I’ve read as I take them all the time and have looked into the false negative/positive thing.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64099 on: November 18, 2021, 10:47:52 am »
Yeah I’m sure it will, wasn’t trying to be overly negative just realistic with everything I’ve read as I take them all the time and have looked into the false negative/positive thing.

I didn't take it as negative, no worries.  :wave

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #64100 on: November 18, 2021, 10:58:26 am »
So holidays and stuck at home Jill? Perfect to volunteer to do pre-match threads to segues into the matchday Comms.

Stay well
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64101 on: November 18, 2021, 11:53:07 am »
Sorry to hear you have caught CoVid Jill, I'm sure you will be fine having been double jabbed, nightmare timing for you though with your leave and your booster due on the weekend!

Can't believe how irresponsible your work colleague is though, going into work to tell them that they couldn't come in because they have CoVid is just insane
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64102 on: November 18, 2021, 12:11:06 pm »
Meanwhile Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and his government continues to kill 200 people a day and no-one bats an eyelid.
it's just bizarre isn't it, how 200 avoidable deaths per day is now accepted as the norm and living with CoVid because it's against Civil Liberties to wear masks, get jabbed and Social Distance!

However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #64103 on: November 18, 2021, 12:11:26 pm »
weve suddenly jumped to around 400 deaths a day here in Poland, mostly in the north and north east of Poland, heavily unvaccinated right wing areas
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #64104 on: November 18, 2021, 12:11:34 pm »
Seconded, all the best Jill, hope it’s a v.mild one.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #64105 on: November 18, 2021, 12:21:45 pm »
Seconded, all the best Jill, hope it’s a v.mild one.

Thirds, glad you're double-vaccinated... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #64106 on: November 18, 2021, 12:30:18 pm »
weve suddenly jumped to around 400 deaths a day here in Poland, mostly in the north and north east of Poland, heavily unvaccinated right wing areas

I was going to say, wow that's weird...then I got to the end of your sentence

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64107 on: November 18, 2021, 01:07:41 pm »
Thirds, glad you're double-vaccinated... :wave

Add my best wishes to this

My lad ahs been sent home from school, feels like shit after having the vaccine, so packed him off to bed. Now to make sure he doesn't clock the PS5 getting delivered ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64108 on: November 18, 2021, 01:31:23 pm »
Thanks everyone.  :wave

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64109 on: November 18, 2021, 01:32:32 pm »
So holidays and stuck at home Jill? Perfect to volunteer to do pre-match threads to segues into the matchday Comms.

Stay well

No excuses now, is there.  :'(

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64110 on: November 18, 2021, 01:48:09 pm »
I was going to say, wow that's weird...then I got to the end of your sentence
Same here.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64111 on: November 18, 2021, 01:52:32 pm »
Thanks everyone.  :wave
I'm really sorry to hear you have COVID, Jill.  :(

I hope it's a mild case and you make a full and rapid recovery. In the meantime, take it easy and look after yourself. Wishing a lovely person all the very best.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64112 on: November 18, 2021, 01:56:09 pm »
No excuses now, is there.  :'(
By the way, don’t forget that you can claim this holiday time back! 

You are unable to work due to illness, so you are unable to take PTO.

Although you don’t get out of match day comms for that reason :lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64113 on: November 18, 2021, 02:03:23 pm »
Add my best wishes to this

My lad ahs been sent home from school, feels like shit after having the vaccine, so packed him off to bed. Now to make sure he doesn't clock the PS5 getting delivered ;D

My daughter got vaccinated on the Friday before Burnley home game. Morning of the match she was fine and had a feast ice cream. Anyway we were sat in the main stand about 15 minutes before kick off and she turns white, says she feels sick so she puts her mask on and we head to the toilets but it is too late, brown, chocolate vomit starts emitting from behind her mask and onto the floor. You should have seen the crowds on the concourse part as she made her way through  ;D She was fine after that though.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64114 on: November 18, 2021, 02:08:34 pm »
By the way, don’t forget that you can claim this holiday time back! 

You are unable to work due to illness, so you are unable to take PTO.

Although you don’t get out of match day comms for that reason :lmao

Which ever way I turn, something's got me.  ;D

I'm really sorry to hear you have COVID, Jill.  :(

I hope it's a mild case and you make a full and rapid recovery. In the meantime, take it easy and look after yourself. Wishing a lovely person all the very best.

Thanks SoS.  ;D

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #64115 on: November 18, 2021, 02:15:52 pm »
More people in Aberdeen seem to have masks on their ears than I've seen elsewhere. Most not actually using them though.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64117 on: November 18, 2021, 02:30:11 pm »
More people in Aberdeen seem to have masks on their ears than I've seen elsewhere. Most not actually using them though.

Not my experience. Do you mean in shops?

Have to say mask wearing in my office has definitely dropped a lot. The policy in my work is you have to wear one when not sat at your desk but loads aren't bothering anymore.

In shhops and on buses though I still think complinace is probably around 90%.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64118 on: November 18, 2021, 02:31:53 pm »
More and more evidence of the effectiveness of mask wearing.
Reduces covid incidence by 53%

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/17/wearing-masks-single-most-effective-way-to-tackle-covid-study-finds?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&fbclid=IwAR1h54RnuM0OEyYinlE2TFDlEiRHSWyJ8rSPvzXDGfqXHIadD1PK1iRC80k

Can we make mask wearing compulsory on public transport then, especially in the rush up to Christmas?  That would be common sense, but naturally this government will doubtless find some excuse for not doing it.  ::)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64119 on: November 18, 2021, 02:35:42 pm »
Can we make mask wearing compulsory on public transport then, especially in the rush up to Christmas?  That would be common sense, but naturally this government will doubtless find some excuse for not doing it.  ::)
They can't even agree whether to wear them in the HoC with a lot of higher risk individuals crammed into a relatively small room.  I don't see them mandating them anywhere anytime soon.

Virtue signalling trumps common sense with this lot every time.