Author Topic: Premier League/FA Cup fixtures 16th-19th April  (Read 32177 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League/FA Cup fixtures 16th-19th April
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2021, 07:30:13 pm »
That's it then, Chelsea are as good as FA Cup winners.
I wouldn't say that mate?
'what a pity'
;D

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2021, 07:30:34 pm »
Got a feeling Spurs might do them next week as well.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2021, 07:30:44 pm »
You have to fancy them against Madrid. Overall, they weren’t great against a poor Liverpool. Then over 90 that can beat PSG or City.

Chelsea have a better team on paper. The only hope is that Zidane can tactically pull something out of a hat to outmaneuver Tuchel. That and Real Madrid's relationship with the CL being akin to flies on shit.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2021, 07:31:44 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2021, 07:32:02 pm »
He'll never be booked cause I'm waiting on him to be booked in the last leg of an accum to win some nice money.

That "quadruple" bollocks over for another year and a nice money win for meself, not a bad Saturday!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2021, 07:32:32 pm »
:D

Funny how relatively pleased I am that Chelsea have made the final.

Unlucky Pip.
:) and of course they haven't won it at all, we've got more fun to come Nick. #Brendan

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2021, 07:32:48 pm »
But they didnt also win nearly every league game and become one of the best defensive teams along the way.

Tuchel has won 14 of 20 games at Chelsea and they have conceded 9 goals in that time. Ridiculous numbers.

They are still outside the top 4 though and have just been stuffed at home to WBA. No doubting he's had a huge impact, I said on the Chelsea thread the day Lampard was sacked that's great news for Chelsea, and makes top 4 a lot tougher for us, because a good manager would have got far more out of that squad.

They've comfortably got the 2nd strongest squad after City after spending a fortune last summer (and with our injury list/fatigue the 2nd strongest team).

In 11/12 United and City were both stronger.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2021, 07:32:54 pm »
Chelsea have it easy for the time being. Tuchel has made them tough to beat and they are more destroyers. Sooner or later teams will adapt and make it much more difficult for them.

Don’t think any top side can last long playing as a counter attacking side.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2021, 07:33:01 pm »
With all your dirty money.
Still couldn't score a goal.
So talk of the quadruple.
Now stick it up your hole!
It's never gonna happen.
You went and fucked it up.
No history in the making.
You're out the fuckin Cup!

Allez Allez Allez...

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #409 on: April 17, 2021, 07:33:19 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #410 on: April 17, 2021, 07:33:25 pm »
I wouldn't say that mate?

You're right, there's always the chance, but I just think Tuchel's experience and their squad depth will see them there. Realistically we'll have to hope that Leicester get to the final as Southampton are absolutely woeful but even then I don't think that Leicester can beat them.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: April 17, 2021, 07:34:11 pm »
Please elaborate.  :)

Abrahmovich won 1-0 against Abu Dhabi.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #412 on: April 17, 2021, 07:34:20 pm »
Mr Cheryl Cole just said "it appears to be Chelsea's trophy" one for the dressing room wall whoever they play
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 17, 2021, 07:34:30 pm »
With all your dirty money.
Still couldn't score a goal.
So talk of the quadruple.
Now stick it up your hole!
It's never gonna happen.
You went and fucked it up.
No history in the making.
You're out the fuckin Cup!

Allez Allez Allez...

:lmao :wellin :thumbup :scarf :hally :champ

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2021, 07:34:40 pm »
Chelsea are frustratingly functional. Seldom ever look spectacular but Tuchel has cut his cloth accordingly with them and made them extremely difficult to beat.

Online Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: April 17, 2021, 07:35:01 pm »
Real Madrid had better beat them in the semi. It'd be sickening if Chelsea or City win it.

I think its PSG's to lose sadly.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 17, 2021, 07:36:34 pm »
Said the same in another thread, but I think Chelsea will challenge City to the title next season. Just need a world-class CF maybe?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 17, 2021, 07:36:35 pm »
I'm still chuckling at that Mike, it's fucking boss mate.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #418 on: April 17, 2021, 07:37:10 pm »
I think its PSG's to lose sadly.

I'll take them over City and Chelsea. Obviously PSG are just as bad as City with the sport washing and all, but they're a Ligue 1 side. Their win will be irrelevant to us. The media fawning over a City or Chelsea win would be nauseating.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 17, 2021, 07:37:16 pm »

From 2000 onwards Chelsea and Arsenal have won 13 FA Cups between them.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #420 on: April 17, 2021, 07:38:00 pm »
Mr Cheryl Cole just said "it appears to be Chelsea's trophy" one for the dressing room wall whoever they play

I might be wrong but I think he was referring to Chelsea's 4 cup finals in 5 years.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 17, 2021, 07:38:44 pm »
Said the same in another thread, but I think Chelsea will challenge City to the title next season. Just need a world-class CF maybe?

I think eventually they may need to become a bit more expansive to win a league title. They seem too rigid and win a lot of games by the odd goal. You don’t get more points for winning by 10 obviously but eventually it can catch up to you if you’re a tiny bit off your game. We’ve seen it this season. Think they’re a cup team and a fucking good one.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 17, 2021, 07:39:02 pm »
Chelsea are frustratingly functional. Seldom ever look spectacular but Tuchel has cut his cloth accordingly with them and made them extremely difficult to beat.

Don’t think that will last long. Teams will adapt to their tactics and they will have to open up from an attacking sense and they will struggle. They don’t have an outstanding attack.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #423 on: April 17, 2021, 07:40:46 pm »
From 2000 onwards Chelsea and Arsenal have won 13 FA Cups between them.
Only 4 clubs have won more FA Cups in their history than Ashley Cole did in the first 12 years of this century.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 17, 2021, 07:41:26 pm »

I would hope we may have something to say about that if we have players back, fans back in the stadium, and perhaps a few signings.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #425 on: April 17, 2021, 07:45:23 pm »
How evil do you have to be as a team to have rival fans root for Chelsea over you?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 17, 2021, 07:46:30 pm »
I would hope we may have something to say about that if we have players back, fans back in the stadium, and perhaps a few signings.

You'd certainly hope so, but I just think there's so many issues from this season that we'll need to address before really challenging again, whereas Chelsea feel as though they're closer to the start of something imo.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 17, 2021, 07:48:26 pm »
How evil do you have to be as a team to have rival fans root for Chelsea over you?

Yes, it's a sad indictment of the modern game. As much as I hate Abu Dhabi, the original oil cheats always seem to come out smelling of roses. I despise them both.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 17, 2021, 07:49:40 pm »
I think eventually they may need to become a bit more expansive to win a league title. They seem too rigid and win a lot of games by the odd goal. You don’t get more points for winning by 10 obviously but eventually it can catch up to you if you’re a tiny bit off your game. We’ve seen it this season. Think they’re a cup team and a fucking good one.

You might be right. Unless we're back on our feet though, I'm not sure who's closest to challenging City. United still have Ole in charge, Spurs and Arsenal are perennially all over the place. Chelsea low-key have one the best squads in the league, as well as a few players really finding their feet and a top-class manager.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 17, 2021, 07:50:31 pm »
You might be right. Unless we're back on our feet though, I'm not sure who's closest to challenging City. United still have Ole in charge, Spurs and Arsenal are perennially all over the place. Chelsea low-key have one the best squads in the league, as well as a few players really finding their feet and a top-class manager.

They are still lacking big players.

Would you swap their squad for ours?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 17, 2021, 07:53:42 pm »

This is it really. I feel dirty.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 17, 2021, 07:58:48 pm »
They are still lacking big players.

Would you swap their squad for ours?

No, I wouldn't swap squads, but I think theirs is deceptively good. Kanté, Azpilicueta and Kovačić provide a very good base and players like Mount, Chilwell, James, Werner and Ziyech are really starting to assert themselves to varying degrees. I think they're two or three big players away from being a side capable of challenging.

I think we've got a lot to address as a club before next season before we really know how hard we're capable of pushing.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 17, 2021, 08:06:36 pm »

As horrible as they are, I think Chelsea have always had a sort of weird blundering quality. City had a bit of that in the first few years under Sheikh Mansour, before they decided to settle into Guardiola and the idea of discovering a philosophy. Chelsea always feel as equally close to disaster as they do to glory. Maybe there's something more endearing about that than the coldness of City.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #433 on: April 17, 2021, 08:16:45 pm »
As horrible as they are, I think Chelsea have always had a sort of weird blundering quality. City had a bit of that in the first few years under Sheikh Mansour, before they decided to settle into Guardiola and the idea of discovering a philosophy. Chelsea always feel as equally close to disaster as they do to glory. Maybe there's something more endearing about that than the coldness of City.

The difference for me, I feel, is that Chelsea were always a horrible club with horrible fans. When they sold out to a Russian thief (who purloined his ill-gotten gain by taking advantage of ordinary people), it felt like arseholes being led by criminals. They were already pretty iffy, this just confirmed it.

City though, that is a political game being played by petty demagogues, intent on using the popularity of a sport enjoyed by millions across the globe to distract from their own criminal activities occurring on a grand scale. Abramovich was a gangster spending his money on something he loved (and has been blacklisted by the Home Office for his raising his profile in this way). The Man City takeover was cynical statecraft that has seen more pressure exerted at the highest levels in government and the media than the Russian could ever hope to achieve. CIty have contravened UEFA laws and even intervened in the courts to ensure their project was not derailed, to the point of gaining control over the committee set to judge their infringements. Their behaviour is a whole new level of awful, at a club with  a reputation for famously being much more likable than their city rivals.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 17, 2021, 08:26:35 pm »
The difference for me, I feel, is that Chelsea were always a horrible club with horrible fans. When they sold out to a Russian thief (who purloined his ill-gotten gain by taking advantage of ordinary people), it felt like arseholes being led by criminals. They were already pretty iffy, this just confirmed it.

City though, that is a political game being played by petty demagogues, intent on using the popularity of a sport enjoyed by millions across the globe to distract from their own criminal activities occurring on a grand scale. Abramovich was a gangster spending his money on something he loved (and has been blacklisted by the Home Office for his raising his profile in this way). The Man City takeover was cynical statecraft that has seen more pressure exerted at the highest levels in government and the media than the Russian could ever hope to achieve. CIty have contravened UEFA laws and even intervened in the courts to ensure their project was not derailed, to the point of gaining control over the committee set to judge their infringements. Their behaviour is a whole new level of awful, at a club with  a reputation for famously being much more likable than their city rivals.

It's an interesting point. City just aren't the same club anymore. They are the team fans used to support in name only. Chelsea have just been amplified.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2021, 08:34:08 pm »
1-0 is not the worst result, City can still win the 2nd leg comfortably.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 17, 2021, 08:38:57 pm »

All true and I do see what you mean about the clubs themselves and the contrast between the two. On the pitch however, it's pretty much six of one, half a dozen of the other when it comes to buying their way to trophies.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2021, 08:49:37 pm »
1-0 is not the worst result, City can still win the 2nd leg comfortably.
;D

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2021, 08:56:16 pm »
If you'd like to really put yourself through torture, switch to the Wolves - Sheffield match.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2021, 10:07:55 pm »
If you'd like to really put yourself through torture, switch to the Wolves - Sheffield match.

What exactly was the point of that Wilder sacking, just to put an interim in charge? They've lost every game since anyway.